Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Sias Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/30/06 11:55 PM
I just purchased a 99 Contour SE 5spd yesterday. I take possesion of it around noon tomorrow. Only been on the road with it 2 times for about 10-15min each time. After that short period of time I am already loving this car. I am very interested in modifying it and am reading about all the stuff that everyone has done to their Contour. Can't wait for noon tomorrow, and there's no way I'm getting any sleep tonight.... I feel like a kid at Christmas time!! lol... I welcome your comments on your Contour, and am happy to be a part of this group!
Posted By: chongo Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 12:05 AM
Welcome aboard!
I felt the same way when I picked up my car in 1999.
Modding can be done although some parts might be hard to find. Deffinately get in touch with Chris at CTA Motorsports when the mod bug hits.
There's a weath of info in the Eastern forum here for mods done to local owners cars.
or
Just look at our Signatures in the bottom of our posts.
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 12:30 AM
Welcome aboard! hope you have a problem free ride! and if you one day you have any problems we all here have a wealth of info on self-repairs and how not to get ripped off by stealerships.. hope your ride treats you well!

cheers
MArtin
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 12:56 AM
Congratulations, and good luck. Welcome to the family.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 01:05 AM
Welcome to CEG and congrates on the ride .

Aaron
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 02:07 AM
welcome.

.. I dont have anythign else to say
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 02:26 AM
Welcome....hope you enjoy your ride as much as the rest of us enjoy ours.

Wesley
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 03:17 AM
I know the feeling of excitement when it comes to waiting for delivery of a Contique. Been through it twice. The second time was the worst. Nothing like the V6 MTX combo. You'll love it.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 04:13 AM
Hello.
Posted By: KyleH Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 03/31/06 01:54 PM
Welcome. Nice powertrain choice.
Posted By: touredon Re: Just Purchased A 99 Contour SE - 04/01/06 02:22 PM
Welcome to CEG, and more importantly... the eastern forum.

My only advise is to study the maintenance forum and identify what things to look for that may or may not have been done to your new ride.

You definately got close to the right driveline choice... once you've had some fun, check out the 3L forum... if you're REALLY interested in modding

Good luck to ya, and enjoy your stay. Remember to search for your answers before posting.. not so much here in the east, but for any of the main forums, there are several post whores who will give you paragraphs about why you're such an idiot for not searching, yet the answer may be as simple as a tiny sentence.

There is talk of an up comming meet, altough those plans have yet to gel. (although i do think a large eastern forum meet is long over due)

Cheers!

John.
© CEG Archives