Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Keyless Entry System Install - 03/30/06 01:26 PM
Does anyone have experience installing an OEM RKES into a car that did not come with keyless entry? I was thinking of picking up a module at the wreckers but I don't know if I need the key FOB's to match it or can I just pick up some new FOB's and reprogram the RKES. Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Keyless Entry System Install - 03/30/06 01:31 PM
The key fobs are easy to program, as I did 4 of them (2 were given to me) for my SVT (it was just for fun). I only have 2 in use now, the other two, I shipped off with my old SE when I sold it.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Keyless Entry System Install - 03/30/06 01:40 PM
Thanks Chris. I know how to program the FOB's but can it be done without an original FOB? Would I just have to short the connector and program away?
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Keyless Entry System Install - 03/30/06 03:37 PM
I don't recall needing the original key fobs, because my SE did not have any of the original key fobs when I bought it.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Keyless Entry System Install - 03/30/06 05:38 PM
Cool thanks.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Keyless Entry System Install - 03/30/06 07:17 PM
OK for all the trouble involved and the well known lousy performance of the OEM systems I think I will go with an aftermarket system. Can anyone recommend a good system? I am only concerned with the keyless entry/trunk opening features, it does't have to have an alarm of anything else.
Posted By: touredon Re: Keyless Entry System Install - 04/01/06 02:27 PM
I'd be interested in what kind of issues were in the way of installing the factory unit?

If it's as simple as grabbin the module from the wreckers and picking up a fob.. that doesn't sound too bad.

Is this a plug n play mod??

Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Keyless Entry System Install - 04/02/06 09:14 PM
Would also require some relays to convert negative output singals to positive.
© CEG Archives