Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Bailey So .... - 01/17/06 04:47 AM
Is anybody going to vote for the Liberals, i think we need somebody that's not from Quebec, they are a bunch of thieves ( i know first hand ) Chretien, Martin didn't do nothing except put money in their pocket and/or their friends.

So , do you know who you are voting for???
Posted By: Wulfen Re: So .... - 01/17/06 07:08 AM
Please guys, don't turn this forum like the CI one with politic war...

BTW I hate liberals...
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/17/06 01:41 PM
I used to be liberal until Martin was put into office.

I wont be voting PC because Harper is just a ace up the selve for GWB.

sadly I'll be voting for the underdogs NDP. Their platform seems to suit my needs just right.

As long as PC doesn't get in, I'll be happy.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/17/06 03:27 PM
The odd thing about any "scandals" we have is they always happen to whatever party in power. The media forgot about the old PC's problems (possibility of Mulroney in the Air Bus story, Former Finance Minister Michael Wilson not wanting to step down over some conflict of interest issue). Take it on the Ontario provincial level where you're hearing about how George Smitherman (LIB, Former Minister of Finance) was or wasn't involved in the Royal Group of Technologies, or how former Premier Mike Harris (PC) gave the go-ahead to shoot the natives at Ipperwash.

Power corrupts, no matter on what level.

I think a new slate is in order.
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: So .... - 01/17/06 05:23 PM
I'm voting Liberals because when I was in school The conservatives were in power and all they did was take money out of schools and Hospitals.. they cut programs left and right to have a tax brake for rich people..

Sorry just because there were some bad apples in the Liberal Party (which were fired) at least they didn't cut school programs and hospital beds..

Ask any nurse, doctor, teacher, Hospital worker who they are voting for.

cheers

Martin
Posted By: KyleH Re: So .... - 01/18/06 12:51 AM
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:
I'm voting Liberals because when I was in school The conservatives were in power and all they did was take money out of schools and Hospitals.. they cut programs left and right to have a tax brake for rich people..

Sorry just because there were some bad apples in the Liberal Party (which were fired) at least they didn't cut school programs and hospital beds..

cheers

Martin

If your talking about the provincial Conservatives...you do realize that they had to cut thoes programs because the federal finance minister at the time (now our Prime Minister) cut funding to health care, and the NDP left us with a huge defficet?

Martin's so gun-hoe about increasing funding to health care and such now....where was that 8 years ago when the government started recording a surplus?
Posted By: Phil Rohtla_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/18/06 01:22 PM
Originally posted by KyleH:

If your talking about the provincial Conservatives...you do realize that they had to cut thoes programs because the federal finance minister at the time (now our Prime Minister) cut funding to health care, and the NDP left us with a huge deficit?

Actually, the NDP inherited a $5 billion deficit from David Peterson's Liberals. They just got caught by someone fudging the books.

Harper's been promising what it takes to get a mandate, and muzzling the more far right elements of his party. I just hope that, should the Conservatives win (and it looks like they will), he governs on that mandate, and doesn't revert to what appears to be his and his party's true feelings.

By the way, I give it two weeks before a memeber of his party shoots their mouth off on an issue like abortion and leaves Harper on the defensive.
Posted By: Bailey Re: So .... - 01/18/06 03:08 PM
One thing for sure, in this household we are voting for Jack, We cannot stand Martin , Duceppe is all about indepedence, and there's something in Harper's eyes when he talks that i just don't trust , you know like a deer stuck in headlights, when someone asks him a question and he's not sure of...
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: So .... - 01/18/06 04:54 PM
I really hope that the conservatives don't get a majority.. at least if they do win a minority they can be kept in check on issues like health care and childcare.. knowing Conservatives all they want to do is give tax breaks to businesses and cut social spending.. I'm all for tax breaks, we get taxed to death as it is.. but not at a level were schools/hospitals/social programs get cut..

Can't we all just get along
Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/18/06 08:58 PM

cheers

Martin

So basically your saying that you vote on past electives and campaigns...

Idiotic. Vote for the Current candidates and what they plan to do, not on what idiot did in the past.

Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: So .... - 01/18/06 10:03 PM
I try to be open minded, but I'm happy with the Liberals (minus the bad previous people that caused problems) I dont think I would EVER vote conservative unless Liberals or others decided to take money out of vital school/health/social problems.. sorry very bitter.

not idiotic.

cheers
Posted By: KyleH Re: So .... - 01/19/06 05:34 PM
...unless Liberals or others decided to take money out of vital school/health/social problems..

Originally posted by CTV News:
Prime Minister Paul Martin says the cuts he made to health care funding in 1995 came...

Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/19/06 07:08 PM
Originally posted by KyleH:
...unless Liberals or others decided to take money out of vital school/health/social problems..

Originally posted by CTV News:
Prime Minister Paul Martin says the cuts he made to health care funding in 1995 came...

Haha yea, i guess its good some people dont vote...
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: So .... - 01/19/06 10:05 PM
Don't you love Political Topics.. Always an arguement.. Just like Parliament
Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/19/06 10:27 PM
Don't you love Political Topics.. Always an arguement.. Just like Parliament

Whats its supposed to be like? Happy children? a hilltop with bunnies and deer?

Sounds like a green party add
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: So .... - 01/22/06 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

cheers

Martin

So basically your saying that you vote on past electives and campaigns...

Idiotic. Vote for the Current candidates and what they plan to do, not on what idiot did in the past.

I think thats absurd! The candidates never uphold half of what they say! You have to look at the hitspry of the party to see where they might go! I think the libs fell asleep at the wheel, they been driving for so long. Harper seems like he wants to turn Canada into a 51 state. Ill be voting for Mr. Layton, though the PC candidate in my riding is a shoe in. The NDP isnt an underdog if everyone deosnt vote for the lesser of two evils!

GO NDP! GO JACK!
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/23/06 09:13 PM
Could say it better myself.
Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/23/06 09:47 PM
all you people in the east, im fine with voting NDP. But please to god dont vote liberal... They are such morons.
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: So .... - 01/24/06 02:08 AM
unfortunately i feel a very BLUE streak coming this way!
Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/24/06 03:38 AM
we won!!!

Woot, time for some Albertan rule Finally!!!
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/24/06 03:41 AM
congrats canada. you've successfully F'd yourself. canada is officially the 51st state...

dont blame me, I voted NDP
Posted By: Bailey Re: So .... - 01/24/06 04:41 AM
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:

So did I, the worst part is that 3/4 of Montreal voted for the Liberals again, man people are stupid , luckilly i'm moving to Toronto
Posted By: Wulfen Re: So .... - 01/24/06 05:28 AM
F'ing Westmount square head....

BTW me it's the bloc... at least, it give Quebec a voice at the parlement.
Posted By: KyleH Re: So .... - 01/24/06 01:30 PM
congrats canada. you've successfully F'd yourself. canada is officially the 51st state...

Posted By: joe_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/24/06 03:52 PM
No worries. Minority govt means parties working together to get things done, or it's back to the polls.....again.

And blame the riding system we have for the minority govt, not the electorate.
Posted By: therouer_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/24/06 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Bailey:

So did I, the worst part is that 3/4 of Montreal voted for the Liberals again, man people are stupid , luckilly i'm moving to Toronto

I guess the fact that Toronto elected all Liberals is better then just 3/4. Good luck in Toronto with all the smart people as you say... BTW: No, I didn't vote Liberal.
Posted By: Bailey Re: So .... - 01/24/06 04:59 PM
Although most of Ontario did elect Liberals, Toronto elected Jack, with that said i was going to move to T.O anyways look at a few post down
Posted By: therouer_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/24/06 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Bailey:
Although most of Ontario did elect Liberals, Toronto elected Jack, with that said i was going to move to T.O anyways look at a few post down

Yes I read a few posts down, that you wish to move back to the GTA. I also read your first post in this thread. If nobody wants a prime minister from Quebec, why does Canada keep electing one. You have to go back pretty far in history to find a non-Quebecois PM that lasted more then 2 years. I guess that Canada likes thieves as you put it. Unless those "smart" people from the rest of Canada might not be... "Smart".

I'm all for debating ideas. But saying that people aren't smart because they beleive in something different or that you're having issues adapting to where you live. I'll spare you the details of the problems I had being french and living in Toronto( I'm fully bilingual and I don't even have a french accent when I speak english, I was even told by "smart" Torontonians that my english was better then most anglophone that I worked with)

BTW: Paul Martin is from Windsor, Ontario.

I respect your opinion and your right to defend it.
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: So .... - 01/24/06 06:50 PM
Well at least its a minority Conservative Government... so I know my vote counted .. Conservatives can't start cutting Social programs because they have a lot of opposition

Hopefully we don't have this whole thread again in 18 months :P
Posted By: Bailey Re: So .... - 01/24/06 08:59 PM
therouer, i have nothing against you, the french or anybody for that matter and I'm not a political guy either, the reason i said i don't wnat another premier from Quebec is that, the last liberal party was lead by Chretien and then Martin, and it was plegued (sp??) by scandals, money was missing and/or dissapeared without any explanation ( I know Goodall is from Manitoba you don't have to say it). And the reason that i called people that voted for the liberals "stupid" is that people don't seem to remember all of this, last night when i was watching the events unfold on tv, i couldn't beleive that with all that happened liberals were elected in 103 districts

And the only reason i'm going back to Toronto is for work/financial, i work in construction ( drywall finsiher to be exact) and here in Quebec you need certification papers and it's pretty hard to get, in the past 1 1/2 years i went thru 4 contractors that guarenteed me those papers and all of them screwed me over, all combined they owe me over $3500 which i will never see the money, and if do go to work and the CCQ officer comes on the job site and i get caught it's over $500 in fines i have to pay... no thanks i rather go back to T.O. atleast there it's not the goverment that decides if you can/ will work it's the contractors if your good you stay if not your out of a job

OH and one last thing i'm a perfect "franglais" i was born in Montreal moved to Windsor ONT when i was 2, didn';t know any english so got my arse kicked pretty often,moved to St-victor de beauce when i was in 8 , got my arse kicked almost everyday because my french was basically non-existent

So like you said we both have are own opinions and i respect that, i jsut explained mine opinion a little more

cheers
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: So .... - 01/25/06 12:44 AM

FYI: Harper was born and raised in Onatario. So much for "albertan" rule. Not that i have anything against them, but when you back a very right wing party like the reform...i mean conservative party your not going to get a wide base of support, same thing goes with the Bloc. Canada is mostly liberal in its stances on subjects, so id assume thats why we keep voting for the Liberal party. Thing is, after all this corruption, youd think youd deep 6 the liberals and vote in the NDP (which i voted for). Too bad the NDP didnt do better, though they did double their seats. So that cant be all that bad, besides with the minority conservative government, they have to wheel and deal with the bloc and ndp to get any bills they pass through parliament. Liberals, as opposition, might make things difficult, but now that Martins gone, things might move ahead. I just wish instead of cutting the GST, theyd rather reduce income taxes. I think that would help out alot more than a 5 percent GST.
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: So .... - 01/25/06 12:59 AM
Suprisingly I agree 100%.. income tax reduction would be a lot nicer.. I really do hope that the conservatives pass some good bills and not attack the Liberals everyday...
Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/25/06 01:28 AM
The thing they need to change: the number of ridings in Ontario, its simply retarted how many ridings you have compared to any other province specifically alberta, even when the population difference isnt THAT huge.

Also, most people havent really watched any political debates, the Conservative party isnt mad right wing like they used to do, harper has brought it more to a liberal side with less social cutting and whatnot.

oh yea, whoever voted liberal... Idiots...
Posted By: Phil Rohtla_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/25/06 01:07 PM
The thing they need to change: the number of ridings in Ontario, its simply retarted how many ridings you have compared to any other province specifically alberta, even when the population difference isnt THAT huge.

Also, most people havent really watched any political debates, the Conservative party isnt mad right wing like they used to do, harper has brought it more to a liberal side with less social cutting and whatnot.

oh yea, whoever voted liberal... Idiots...

According to the 2001 census, Canada's population was 30,007,094. Of that, Ontario had 11,410,046 people, and Alberta had 2,974,807. Ontario's population is the largest in the country by a wide margin. That's why we have more seats in the current system. I am not saying it is perfect, but that's the way it is.

As for calling those who voted Liberal idiots, I am sure 30 per cent of the population of Canada, were they reading this, would be taking umbrage right now.

Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/25/06 10:23 PM
i dont have anything against the parties beliefs, its more or less the people running it are morons
Posted By: The1stAcekiller Re: So .... - 01/26/06 12:19 AM
Yah I can agree on that one at least.. some of the party leaders turned out to be stealing / hiding and just mismanaging money.. I wish there was a way to keep people in line... or at least have a public flogging..

But that doesn't mean people that support the ideology of Liberal policies are idiots..
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: So .... - 01/26/06 12:41 AM
i think when your in power that long things get blurred and people get brave. After so long its like old hat to them so they start tossin around the bucks. Im sure glad theyre out of the drivers seat. I want to know when this "immeidate" GST reduction is happening. Id still rather have my income tax adjusted. Im not so fond of theyre daycare thing either, giving money to everyone, well some of those people wont use it for daycaren and some just make so much money they shouldnt get to get it. Not that im saying the LIbs idea is perfect, its far from it.
Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/26/06 12:46 AM
Yah I can agree on that one at least.. some of the party leaders turned out to be stealing / hiding and just mismanaging money.. I wish there was a way to keep people in line... or at least have a public flogging..

But that doesn't mean people that support the ideology of Liberal policies are idiots..

No, but the people who voted to get the idiots back into office sure are just that.. Idiots.
Posted By: Phil Rohtla_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/26/06 01:36 PM

No, but the people who voted to get the idiots back into office sure are just that.. Idiots.

Doing this in the eastern Canada forums....hope you got your flame suit on lad.....

Personally, I would be more likely to question the judgement of anyone who thought Stockwell Day was the answer as a party leader. Or thought that Canadian Reform Alliance Party would make an OK acronym.

Harper was smart -- he reached out to the Progressive Conservative party, and got the wisdom of the horses that ran Mulroney to power in the 80s.

I admit, parts of his platform look good, but many items are the same things that the Liberals announced over the last 18 months, but with a twist.

I never thought I would say this, but I think the GST cut, while being a snappy-looking idea, isn't all that great. An income tax cut would be more effective at helping the poor, because there is no GST on food or rent.

That said, Harper is on a short leash. Will he do a good job? He has to -- or he will be back living in Stornoway in 2 years.

As for myself, I do what I always do -- I voted for the person that I thought would do the best job for my riding. The Conservative candidate has made many misrepresentations in his materials over the last 18 months, so I went with the Liberal candidate, who had a strong business and volunteer history in the community.

Posted By: Tourige Re: So .... - 01/26/06 06:14 PM
I dont know why your saying i should get my flame suit on, I mean you just agreed to everything i said perty much, I honestly thought the election would be NDP vs. Conservatives.

Oh yea, Stockwell day is an idiot...
Posted By: Phil Rohtla_dup1 Re: So .... - 01/26/06 07:19 PM
I dont know why your saying i should get my flame suit on, I mean you just agreed to everything i said perty much, I honestly thought the election would be NDP vs. Conservatives.

Oh yea, Stockwell day is an idiot...

Stock voted Liberal?

Just saying it because there are many around here (just on percentages) that likely voted Liberal. They might take umbrage. Or not. Political threads sometimes get people worked up.

No ill will from this side as I think it's nice to see that people actually care about the direction of the country.

© CEG Archives