Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Hey all

I am getting some new hood lift kits for my rides, so if any of you were looking to get these, I could bring them in with mine, lowering the cost of shipping and stuff, for all. I have already posted on the SRT Forums and already have 2 people that want kits, so the more the merrier, we can all split the shipping, etc.

Here are the kits for the Contours.
Contour Hood Lift Kits

Damn you. Yeah I want a set. My car is getting older and I suspect I'll be spending some time under the hood in the not so distant future.
I might be interested, what are we looking at $$$?
Originally posted by Alex T.:

Estimated Canadian Pricing (estimate with border fees, not including tax and/or shipping) based on single item purchases would be about $80.00CAD, for the base kit, $95.00CAD for base kit with powdercoated brackets, and $150.00CAD for the Elite kit. Again, the prices are estimates only, actual may vary slightly with the change in the exchange rate.

Mark, let me know which kit you would like, and I can add that to the list.
so thats what the right side is supposed to look like on my car
Originally posted by cawong11:

Estimated Canadian Pricing (estimate with border fees, not including tax and/or shipping) based on single item purchases would be about $80.00CAD, for the base kit, $95.00CAD for base kit with powdercoated brackets, and $150.00CAD for the Elite kit. Again, the prices are estimates only, actual may vary slightly with the change in the exchange rate.

Chris I would like a set of these but I am confused. THeir site only show 2 setups basic and elite, where did you get the 3rd option for the power coated brackets?
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:

Chris I would like a set of these but I am confused. THeir site only show 2 setups basic and elite, where did you get the 3rd option for the power coated brackets?

It's in the pull down menu in their shopping cart. When I order the parts, I will specify the number of kits, type of kit and any optional accessories such as the powdercoated brackets, if available for a specific model. I copied and pasted the pricing, so the powdercoated brackets does not necessarily apply to all vehicles. I forgot to remove that from the Contour list, as there are no additional brackets required, therefore only the basic kit and Elite kit are available.
Put me down for 2 base kits.
Put me down for 2 base kits.

Done.
Originally posted by mbb41:
Damn you. Yeah I want a set. My car is getting older and I suspect I'll be spending some time under the hood in the not so distant future.

Mark, are you purchasing the base kit?
Yeah put me down for one kit. Long as it stays in the 80 range.
Originally posted by mbb41:
Yeah put me down for one kit. Long as it stays in the 80 range.

OK.
Thanks Chris.
Sign me up for an elite kit. Thanks Chris
Done and done. So far I have the following added to the list.
1. Me (1 @ Elite Kit)
2. Rob (2 @ base kits)
3. Mark (1 @ base kit)
4. Tommy (1 @ Elite kit)

Anyone else? Post here, and I will continue to update the list.

Thanks.
1. Me (1 @ Elite Kit)
2. Rob (2 @ base kits)
3. Mark (1 @ base kit)
4. Tommy (1 @ Elite kit)

Thanks.

I'm interested in the kit w/ the powdercoated brackets, preferably under $100...

I may also be interested in a kit for a Sunfire (the website only shows cavalier, but I have to check to see if the mounting points are the same).
Originally posted by delmar:
1. Me (1 @ Elite Kit)
2. Rob (2 @ base kits)
3. Mark (1 @ base kit)
4. Tommy (1 @ Elite kit)

Thanks.

I'm interested in the kit w/ the powdercoated brackets, preferably under $100...

John

I copied the message from another thread I posted elsewhere, and the powdercoated brackets apply only to kits that actually require a bracket. The Contour does not, so that one is not avaialable, only the base kit and the Elite Kit. Would you be interested in the base kit?
John

Let me know if you are in or not, because Redline noted to me in a recent email correspondence, that if we get a minimum number of purchases, they will treat it as a group buy and will offer us $10.00USD off each kit. It's not much, but hey, it's something, considering the price of these kits isn't exactly expensive.
John

Let me know if you are in or not, because Redline noted to me in a recent email correspondence, that if we get a minimum number of purchases, they will treat it as a group buy and will offer us $10.00USD off each kit. It's not much, but hey, it's something, considering the price of these kits isn't exactly expensive.

I'm in for a base kit for the Contour then.

Let me know if you're still short buyers for the discount then, and I may spring for a kit for the Sunfire.
How many more do you need Chris?
How many more do you need Chris?

At least one more, but 2 more would secure the deal.
Updated List

1. Me (1 @ Elite Kit)
2. Rob (2 @ base kits)
3. Mark (1 @ base kit)
4. Tommy (1 @ Elite kit)
5. Sean O. (1 @ Elite kit)

I'm going to order the kits in the next couple of days.

Thanks all.
Will we qualify for any type of discount?

Yup, Redline is giving me $10.00USD off each kit (discount passed onto the buyer). It's not much, but figure that's about 17% off the base kits, 10% off the ELite kits.

Yup, Redline is giving me $10.00USD off each kit (discount passed onto the buyer). It's not much, but figure that's about 17% off the base kits, 10% off the ELite kits.

Sweet!
I placed the order for the kits today. May be a day or so before I know how long it will take for the parts to ship out.
Updated List

1. Me (1 @ Elite Kit)
2. Rob (2 @ base kits)
3. Mark (1 @ base kit)
4. Tommy (1 @ Elite kit)
5. Sean O. (1 @ Elite kit)

I'm going to order the kits in the next couple of days.

Thanks all.

Alright, the tally is in. I have estimated the final costs based on today's currency exchange rate, and the expected border fees per the amount of the total order. The final cost per base kit is $80.00CAD (as first estimated), and the Elite kits are $155.00CAD each (just a little more than estimated). Included in each cost is $6.00CAD for shipping on each of the kits.

Didn't work out too bad. Depending on the ground shipping time, I would hope to have the kits next week.
Taxes in?
Let's say yes, cash price.
Let's say yes, cash price.

Shweeeeeeeet.
Just wanted to post an update. Redline Tuning sent the lift kits out on November 22nd, but used US Postal. It is taking longer than expected, but I hope to see the parts this week.
Thanks for the update Chris.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Hood Lift Kits have arrived. :) - 12/01/04 09:42 PM
Here is the list with your final costs. Again, I purchased these to be sold as private sales only, only GST charged, as I was charged, and a small charge of $5.00 each kit for shipping. Shipping was $64.00USD, about $78.00CAD, which works out to about $6.00 per kit, but I am only asking $5.00 per kit. Prices are your final cost in Canadian dollars.

1. Me (1 @ Elite Kit)
2. Rob (2 @ base kits) ($75.00 x 2) + $10.00 = $160.00
3. Mark (1 @ base kit) $75.00 + $5.00 = $80.00
4. Tommy (1 @ Elite kit) $130.00 + $5.00 = $135.00
5. Sean O. (1 @ Elite kit) $130.00 + $5.00 = $135.00
6. John W. (1 @ base kit) $75.00 + $5.00 = $80.00

These are cash prices only.

Please contact me to make arrange for pick up or delivery.

Thanks.

Chris
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Hood Lift Kits have arrived. :) - 12/02/04 01:58 AM
Shweeeeet.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Hood Lift Kits have arrived. :) - 12/02/04 04:04 AM
Here's a sneak peak of the Elite hood strut, installed.

Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Hood Lift Kits have arrived. :) - 12/02/04 05:30 AM
Thanks Chris. I'm out of town but I'll hook up with you Saturday morning.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Hood Lift Kits have arrived. :) - 12/02/04 07:40 PM
Here's a sneak peak of the Elite hood strut, installed.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Carbon Fibre

Aaron
© CEG Archives