Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: svtracer214 Any NASA people out there. - 06/16/06 05:52 AM
Hi folks, I am newly registered on CEG but I have been viewing it for quite a while. I am using information that I found on this wonderful site to do a 3L swap right now. I am curious if there are any members of NASA SoCal who are not bringing their CSVT's to the track. Of all of the events I have participated in I am the only CSVT out there. Our cars are amazing on track and if you have not taken the time to get out there you are really missing out. I would highly suggest heading out to Willow Springs on July 8th & 9th to see what the events are like (chances are I will be the only Silver CSVT there, so stop by our tents and say hey).
Posted By: path914 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/16/06 02:12 PM
Possible stupid question, but what is NASA (besides the space administration)?
Posted By: svtracer214 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/16/06 06:09 PM
National Auto Sport Association. You can check it out at www.nasaproracing.com. There are monthly events at tracks like Cal Speedway, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs.
Posted By: 111R Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/16/06 11:10 PM
sounds like alot of fun to me! button willow is my favorite!

i am in sherman oaks too btw, van nuys and ventura.

-a
Posted By: svtracer214 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/16/06 11:27 PM
I think you and I met a few months ago in Woodland Hills (I looked at your CarDomain site). I'm the guy who showed off his exhaust to you at the Metropolitan.

My 3L should be done in about a week and a half. It is going to have it's debut at Willow Springs, I know it is a bit of a drive but you should check it out.
Posted By: 111R Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/16/06 11:33 PM
Originally posted by svtracer214:
I think you and I met a few months ago in Woodland Hills (I looked at your CarDomain site). I'm the guy who showed off his exhaust to you at the Metropolitan.

My 3L should be done in about a week and a half. It is going to have it's debut at Willow Springs, I know it is a bit of a drive but you should check it out.

ohhhh yeah i remember you~! hows it going? i was actually going to contact you about getting myself a new phone :P

i would love to see your 3L when it is done. i have also been thinking about doing a swap myself.

i have never been to willow springs either. been to both california speedway and button willow only.

Posted By: svtracer214 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/29/06 05:26 AM
Curious if anyone was planning on heading out to Willow Springs. I would like to start meeting some fellow CEGer's.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/29/06 06:50 PM
I would like to go back to willow springs. I went there a couple years back. the car was bone stock, and now that it is built up a bit I would love to try it out again.
Posted By: svtracer214 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/30/06 12:20 AM
I just went to the NASA website and this month is sold out, the next event is also at willow springs on the weekend of August 5th. If you get a chance to come and check it out please do so.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/30/06 01:44 AM
hopefully my car will be able to drive, let alone race right now. I am having some transmission problems at the moment. hopefully soon! My cusin's roommates work for sport compact and she says they go out there all the time, the next time I go down there I will have to try and go with them.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/30/06 03:49 AM
What did you do to your tranny Johnny?
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/30/06 04:45 AM
I don't know what happened. I have been hearing this grinding sound, I thought it was the wheel bearing, well I got those all replaced and it was still there. We put it up on the rack and it was making the sound in the case right about where the diff would be. which is weird cuz I have the Quaiffe. we shall see tomorrow when they tell me
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Any NASA people out there. - 06/30/06 05:58 AM
Goodluck with that, who did you take it too?
© CEG Archives