Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/19/06 09:06 PM
Good place to live?

Possible relocation opportunity in the next 18-months. Housing appears more affordable than the bay-area so that is a huge plus but my so-cal knowledge is very lite.

Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/19/06 09:26 PM
It is pretty down there. Lots of military presence everywhere.
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/19/06 10:11 PM
I spend 6 hours a day in Carlsbad for school so I can say that I have a pretty good feel for the area. If you live west of the 5 fwy then it is not really any less expensive than most of the Bay area (similar to San Mateo, Palo Alto, Mill Valley, etc...). It is a upscale coastal town south of Oceanside and the marine base. It is at the very northern end of San Diego and that makes it hard to really go out at night to find things to do. To go Downtown or to Pacific Beach (the main nightlife spots) takes anywhere from 45 min - 1 hour. The attitudes can be a little snotty at times with a lot of rich housewives in town shopping during the day.

However, if you are looking for a nice, clean, quiet town that has lots of little shops on the coast, then it could be very good for you.

What are you looking for? PM me for any specifics and I'd be happy to give my opinions and/or recommendations.
chris your gonna move????? btw, I have that rim, let me know when to drop it off
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/20/06 08:57 PM
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
chris your gonna move????? btw, I have that rim, let me know when to drop it off

Johnny,

you are welcome to bring it by and drop it off anytime. My Patio is always open if I'm not home. Work has been brutal as of late.

Firm is seriously looking at opening a 2nd office in So-Cal. When and if it ever opens is still a mystery.....
Posted By: chikmagnet340 Re: Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/21/06 03:24 AM
Dude, u can't leave me!
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/21/06 05:47 AM
Originally posted by path914:
I spend 6 hours a day in Carlsbad for school so I can say that I have a pretty good feel for the area. If you live west of the 5 fwy then it is not really any less expensive than most of the Bay area (similar to San Mateo, Palo Alto, Mill Valley, etc...). It is a upscale coastal town south of Oceanside and the marine base. It is at the very northern end of San Diego and that makes it hard to really go out at night to find things to do. To go Downtown or to Pacific Beach (the main nightlife spots) takes anywhere from 45 min - 1 hour. The attitudes can be a little snotty at times with a lot of rich housewives in town shopping during the day.

However, if you are looking for a nice, clean, quiet town that has lots of little shops on the coast, then it could be very good for you.

What are you looking for? PM me for any specifics and I'd be happy to give my opinions and/or recommendations.

I lived in carlsbad for a little over a year, and have spent alot of time there over the years, and path nailed it pretty much on the head.
Posted By: DarthMuppet Re: Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/21/06 03:41 PM
Yeah, all those military people get on my damn nerves!
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone in the Carlsbad area? - 05/21/06 09:15 PM
Originally posted by DarthMuppet:
Yeah, all those military people get on my damn nerves!

Lmao... seriously
© CEG Archives