Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DarthMuppet Singapore Sling - 04/05/06 02:52 AM
Hows everyone doing? Less than a month left and I will finally be back in San Diego and into my car. Just popped on to say hello. Im off to enjoy the wonders of glorious Singapore. Though it seems its a fancy Guam but oh well. Later everyone
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Singapore Sling - 04/05/06 03:00 AM
dont take any gum! and DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT spray graffiti ANYWHERE!!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Singapore Sling - 04/05/06 03:12 AM
or spit! i heard that was a no no as well.
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Singapore Sling - 04/06/06 04:52 PM
Having an aviation scanner (only $30 at Radio Shack) IN YOUR HAND is a $100,000 fine, and a 5 year jail term.

There's a whole bunch of stuff you can't do.

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend watching pron there as well.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Singapore Sling - 04/06/06 06:25 PM
com on guy, that not so bad, there some old law like oral sex without relation after and stuff like that but they are old british law that nobody care now, but for litter and spitting DONT TO IT... and dont feed the monkey on bukit tihma hill !! 10 000$ hehe... hum and dont smuggle drug if you dont want to be hang
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: Singapore Sling - 04/06/06 11:21 PM
Just behave yourself and you'll have no problems. Sheesh! What's with all the warnings everyone is giving out? It's not Alcatraz! I've been to Guam and I've been to Singapore. There's no comparison. I even preferred Singapore to Hong Kong. Less crowded and more upscale. 'Course that was 32 years ago!
Karl
Posted By: svt4b Re: Singapore Sling - 04/12/06 06:13 AM
i went there when i was in the navy...go to the raffles hotel and get a real singapore sling and play some pool or go to the orchard tower if you want some slippy-thai-thai
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: Singapore Sling - 04/13/06 12:16 AM
Same here. Went to the "Mile Long Bar" and had a SS just to say I did it. I was there during Chinese New Year. Had dinner at the top of the Singapore Hilton and watched the dragon parade below in the streets. When I was there in the early 70's it was a $200 fine for littering. Of course that was something like $33 American. Very clean city.
Karl
© CEG Archives