Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bradSVT Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/04/06 06:51 AM
Hey just wanted to see if anyone wanted to meet up the weekend of April 7th or the weekend of April 14th?

Just wanted to throw the idea out there. So let me know if anyone is interested.
I'm down, but I will need a ride since I still can't drive. well I might be able to drive by the 14th, gotta find out what the dr. says the day before. but I am game, and this time I promise not to get sick!!!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/04/06 08:11 PM
haha ok, so that makes two of us so far.

When do you get your contour back?
The 14th works for me! Reinstalling the rear subframe this weekend.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/04/06 10:33 PM
Nice, three people now! Last meet was two people

Lets get some more people! Once we get enough we can figure out what and where we want to go.
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/05/06 04:49 AM
I'm up for it weather permitting.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/05/06 04:55 AM
Cool! Ya it is supposed to rain for two weeks I heard? Maybe my source is wrong but that sucks. It randomly rained down in SD today, hopefully when I get up to SJ it will be nicer.

My contour is leaking as we speak!
my car is good to go, well sort of. But the dr.s said I am not allowed to drive. I have an appointment with them tomorrow so we will see when. hopefully I can my next friday. if it rains we should have it at a house or something, just a thought
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/05/06 05:08 PM
Ya agreed. Whos car did you use to rebuild onto?
my old roommates, he now has a green svt for his girlfriend. we did the motor swap for my car and then did one for the green onebecause it had spun a rod bearing, so it worked out for eveyone. I just need to put hte chip back in and fix the PS pump and the DPFE sensor and I am good as new.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/05/06 06:43 PM
thats awesome. I am going on friday to get my new engine . Then i get to try to do the swap myself.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/05/06 06:46 PM
People down for a Meet
1. bradSVT
2. johnny hennessy
3. Speed Demons
4. ValCor

Once we get a couple more people we can figure out what we all want to do.

So open up your calendars so we can have a meet.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/07/06 03:06 PM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
People down for a Meet
1. bradSVT
2. johnny hennessy
3. Speed Demons
4. ValCor

Once we get a couple more people we can figure out what we all want to do.

So open up your calendars so we can have a meet.

I know there are more then 4 people in norcal.
Posted By: SVTGT350 Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/08/06 05:36 AM
1. bradSVT
2. johnny hennessy
3. Speed Demons
4. ValCor
5. SVTGT350

I'm down, just need to know when. 2 or 3 weeks from now would be best for me so I can plan a trip up.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/08/06 07:09 AM
Alright. Well the 14th weekend might be too soon for you. Maybe we can push it back.

What are everyone's schedules? Most available weekends/days?

I think since Spring Zing is so far away we should start something for this side of the country.

I would travel there, but I dont have the time to take 4 or 5 driving days out.

Just let me know what you guys think. Also mention possible ideas for the meet to come.
Im down for meeting up this Saturday still. We can always plan a bigger meet maybe half ways between us and SoCal guys.

Lets say 2pm at a Star Bucks or something for this Saturday.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/10/06 04:30 PM
I am down.

What Starbucks are you thinking of meeting at?

We could always repeat Krispy Kreme. I have the old thread to repost it with directions. I like doughnuts
mmmmmm Doughnuts
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/10/06 06:58 PM
johnny did the doctor clear you?
Name the place and address... doesnt matter to me.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/10/06 09:41 PM
Directions (click here)
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
18578 Prospect Rd
Saratoga, CA 95070

Suggestions for date and time?
Saturday 2pm
I get to go out and do stuff for a few hours, but still can't drive, though I am going to for the meet
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/11/06 10:42 PM
I hope I can make it this weekend. I might be busy, I will find out by the end of the week. I think I should be able to pull some strings.
come on you gotta go, hell I am going to drive there and I am not supposed to drive, ha ha, so you have to go!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/11/06 11:53 PM
haha. I cant wait to see your new'ish car! You should read what happened with my 3L swap in the 3L forum. It sucks, a place sold me the wrong engine and tired to convince me I was wrong and they were right.

I will try to make it. I will try to find out today.
oh I read it, that almost happened to me, they tried to charge me twice for the engine, and then tried to rape me on the shipping. but it is all better now, hopefully I will be able to fix the exhaust and DPFE sensor before then, but it is a bit hard to work on anything when you have a big scar running down your stomach. we will have to also talk about some of your parts, plans for your car
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 12:50 AM
Ya for sure, I am still trying to decide if I am getting new heads or returning the whole engine and trying to find another one.

So are there only three people who want to meet up on saturday?
I will see if I can get a few more. what about lupe, mike and some of the NECO guys?
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 01:43 AM
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
I will see if I can get a few more. what about lupe, mike and some of the NECO guys?

I havent heard from Lupe in a while. I wanted to buy his car but he sold it to mike I suppose. I thought I had his number but I cant find it.

I know there are 4 CSVT's within like 1 mile of my house and no one goes on this forum.
well where I used to live at one time there were 4 in one complex. now there are two svts, and one se
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 01:54 AM
well where I used to live at one time there were 4 in one complex. now there are two svts, and one se

Ya that must of been fun when you guys were modding.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 01:57 AM
Here is the list of the people who are interested in meeting up on:

Saturday April 15th At 2:00pm
1.johnny hennessy
2.bradSVT
3.Speed Demons
4. ????
5. ????

If some more people come I will buy them a doughtnut.
Omar, better known as 2gaurd will be in town from arizona, don't know if he is takin the tour or a rental but I am sure i can drag him out
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 03:07 AM
sounds good.
Posted By: tm-svt_dup1 Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 05:32 AM
I might be able to make it Saturday.
I will know what is up in a few days.

Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 05:41 AM
Originally posted by tm-svt:
I might be able to make it Saturday.
I will know what is up in a few days.

Cool try to make it if you can!
Posted By: svt4b Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 06:02 AM
i might make it but might be workin
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 06:04 AM
Originally posted by svt4b:
i might make it but might be workin

When will you know by?

Where do you work?
Wow these names on here.. I dont even know.
Am I old? haha
Johnny is becoming old! I remember when you were the new guy.
Hopefully this rain will let up by than. If not Ill be there for my donut Brad. haha Just kidding.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demons:

Hopefully this rain will let up by than. If not Ill be there for my donut Brad. haha Just kidding.

haha dont worry I got your back.

Im the young'in now.
Wow these names on here.. I dont even know.
Am I old? haha
Johnny is becoming old! I remember when you were the new guy.

yeah, I remeber bein a noob and being all confused and everything, and now I am on my 2nd svt and 3rd tour all together, I have become one of the old guys that have done all sorts of mods and repairs. I think I have done everything short of FI
I Just reinforced the subframe and bolted it back up on Saturday. (Check the Suspension Forum)
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 11:00 PM
Saturday April 15th At 2:00pm
1.johnny hennessy
2.bradSVT
3.Speed Demons
4.tm-svt
5.ValCor

SVTGT350? Not sure if you got enough advance. You would have a long drive ahead of you.

Whats the weather like in SJ right now?
Raining....

We might get a break. We might also just be looking at each other through the car windows. haha

Do they have an area with tables like Starbucks normally has?
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 11:36 PM
Ya, I am just not sure of the shelter part of it if its to packed inside
I think there are umbrellas on the tables so that might work, otherwise I am sure we will be ok inside. I hope we get a break from all this rain!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/12/06 11:51 PM
its nice and sunny here in SD
When you heading up Brad?
well I hope you bring some off the sun up this way when you come! I talked to a few guys at neco, I don't think that they are going to make it, but I told them the next time they have a meet to let us know, so that way we could have a bigger turn out
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/13/06 12:04 AM
Ya I haev a leak in my car so hopefully when i get back its not flooded
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/13/06 12:39 AM
Count this old fart in for the meet. The weather guesser just said that Saturday will be the better day this weekend so maybe we will get lucky.
so I might not make it, I have had a fever the last few days, and my surgeon said I need to have a CAT scan and if it is bad and shows a possible infection then I may have to stay a few days in the hospital. I will do my best to make it down. for the meet, I really want to go to it. hopefully they will just give me some antibiotics and that will be it. I will let you guys know after I find out
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/13/06 05:06 PM
Alright, goodluck!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/13/06 10:44 PM
I am not sure I can make it either on saturday. I have easter with my family on saturday. If there is another time you guys would want to meet up for a while let me know.

Is it still raining?
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/14/06 12:06 AM
No rain today! It is beautiful outside. 71 degrees and sunny!
Hey, Just wanted to let everyone know that i unfortunatly i will not be able to make the meet on saturday. I have been readmitted into the hospital. Im really sorry and ill be at the next meet. Have a great weekend!
Hey, Just wanted to let everyone know that i unfortunatly i will not be able to make the meet on saturday. I have been readmitted into the hospital. Im really sorry and ill be at the next meet. Have a great weekend!

Take care of yourself Johnny.

Anyone else? Ill show up. Now im wishing for a Starbucks since the two Donut Junkies are out.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/14/06 05:19 PM

Take care of yourself Johnny.

Anyone else? Ill show up. Now im wishing for a Starbucks since the two Donut Junkies are out.

mmmmmmm doughnuts
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/15/06 08:23 AM
Since I wont be able to make it tomorrow if anyone still wants to meet up maybe sunday for a little bit let me know and I could possibly get together for a while.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/15/06 06:50 PM
hey i was gonna try and make it down there but i dont think im gonna. however, i talked to apex motorsports and there is a focus dyno day going on there til around 2 and they said the CEGers could roll through, its better than sitting at a doughnut shop.
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/15/06 07:27 PM
I can't make it either. Garbage disposal blew up and the old lady is demanding that I fix it TODAY! When it rains it pours! Drat! Maybe next time.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/16/06 01:32 AM
Originally posted by svt4b:
hey i was gonna try and make it down there but i dont think im gonna. however, i talked to apex motorsports and there is a focus dyno day going on there til around 2 and they said the CEGers could roll through, its better than sitting at a doughnut shop.

If it was going on today that sucks because i just got back from family stuff. Oh well, maybe we should plan a meet now in advance so we can get a larger crowd and set a date thats available for everyone.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/16/06 03:46 AM
theres no such thing as a "larger" crowd
but we should plan something, so i can race johnny again
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/16/06 04:19 AM
haha, ya hopefully we will be cleared by the doctor soon. He hasnt been on in a couple of days.
Posted By: sriddle Re: Anyone want to meet up in San Jose? - 04/16/06 05:45 PM
i'll definitely go to the next meetup so i can pick your brains. noob csvt owner
Posted By: bradSVT Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/16/06 06:34 PM
haha the more people the better.

When is the next time people can meet up?

I come back from school the April 27th weekend
then May 4th.

After that I will not be in town until the 20th when I am back for summer.
I drove by to see if anyone showed... ended up being a party of one.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/17/06 10:58 PM
I drove by to see if anyone showed... ended up being a party of one.

Lets have another party then, that people will show. Everyone said they had to bail, I wish I could of been there but I had to be with the family bashing eggs on eachothers heads.

Speed Demon when are you going to be available again? I want to see your car!
Saturday afternoon's work.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/24/06 10:24 PM
how hard would it be for folks to do a wed. night? as in sears point...then we could actually do something while meeting and i can race johnny and speed demon
thats not fair, I am injured! I would be down if I knew I could actually make it up there ok, but the way that I have been lately I am not so sure
Posted By: svt4b Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/27/06 06:37 AM
yo dude you gotta answer your phone! have you sent the check?? i just blew my diff at sears tonight and i need that flow VERY BADLY! yes...that is correct...just got dynotuned and blew my fuc*ing diff...i could fuc*ing kick my car if it wasnt bleeding in the sears point parking lot right now
what??? you blew it? that sucks, yeah I sent the check to the addy you gave me, sorry I haven't gotten your call, I think my DC is F'in up again, I need a new phone!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/28/06 03:50 AM
Anyone want to meet up for awhile this weekend? I just flew into town.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/28/06 06:32 AM
yup...towed it to the shop today and got the engine ready to pull...hey i need to get the knock sensor from that wire harness...can i get that off you? i might also need a shaft if you still have yours
Posted By: svt4b Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/28/06 06:34 AM
sorry for the double post...brad, if you come by the shop for those heads you can see the carnage...otherwise im not meetin with my tour for at least a week
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/28/06 08:04 AM
Ya I think i might stop by tomorrow. I need to call robert about it.

I want to get the rest of my engine prepped this weekend so i can pull my engine soon and do this swap.
I ma not sure if I still have the shaft, I will have to check, I am free for most of the weekend if you want to hang out. this time I know I wont flake but I don't think I can make it up to the shop. brenden, do you know if the wheel lock key is up there I can't find them for either car. thanks
Posted By: svt4b Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/29/06 01:58 AM
i think i might have seen it on one of the toolboxes...i'll check tomorrow. im about to hit you up
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/29/06 02:11 AM
Hey Johnny if you want to go up to the shop I could drive to get my heads. Just depends when. The rigth side of my speakers seem to have blown out today... I am going to go work on that now. My girlfriend is ditching me tonight so if you guys want to meet up tonight let me know. I will check back often.
Posted By: sriddle Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/29/06 09:16 PM
hey if you guys meetup i'd like to join you guys. give me a chance to put a face to the names i seen on here, and give me ideas too.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/30/06 05:12 AM
I would be cool to meet up but i dont know what the schedules are like for everyone. I got my new heads today
congrats on the heads, hope they work out well for you. Sorry I wasn't able to go up there los and I were putting in my new deck, I just got the pioneer premier 860 with the Ipod adapter. and I also put in the shift light. It looks pretty good, I will have to get some pics for you guys
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/30/06 06:55 AM
You should just meet up with us since your less then a mile away
when are you meeting? and where?
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/30/06 07:05 AM
Across the way from you. Taco Bell. 12:30am.

haha i dont know just throwing the thought out there. I just wanted to check out your car.
tonight? at the taco bell on san thomas?
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 04/30/06 07:07 AM
I dont know. I am down if you want to meet up. I just remember you living on stevens creek i believe. I am right off of lawrence and prospect.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 05/05/06 06:07 AM
i got everything ordered and should be back in action by this weekend or early next week. i went with a stock diff cause im done spending $$ on this piece, its cool though, i'll still take johnny out with my amazing skill
right, just remember when we went ran each other last time and you were barely pulling on me, I had stock exhaust, y-pipe, and no tune, even with the tune you have I don't think you will win! unless you get traction and I sit there burning up the tires
Posted By: svt4b Re: Try to plan next meet up in the Bay Area - 05/06/06 05:24 AM
did i mention my amazing skill
lets run em while i still got 96 in the tank
© CEG Archives