Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: path914 I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 01:45 AM
Unfortunately, the time has come for me to sell my tour as well. With an upcoming wedding and lots of moving around the world in the next couple of years, I just don't have a need or space for my car anymore. I will most likely be buying another motorcycle to replace the car as it will be easier for me (cost, space, etc...). Ad has been posted in the classifieds. Would prefer to sell to a local buyer.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 03:58 AM
I feel you, for me it was the matinence ont he ctsv...Since BMW's have 4 year free mantinence, it works out well.

its used, but hey, its still got warranty. and im sorta drifting out of the modding feeling. maybe later down the line.

But on a side note, the CSVT is going to a close frined of mine, so it will still be out for meets and stuff.

Lupe
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 04:20 AM
Lupe, I understand...

Fortunately, the maintainence on my car has been pretty mild. With the exception of the few months late last year where I couldn't find a decent mechanic to figure out an electrical issue that I was having (which was eventually resolved in 2 hours once I found someone who knew WTH they were doing), my car has been trouble free for all of the 70k+ miles I've put on it.

For me, I have a free car that I can use to commute to school with until I move in August and no longer have the same motivation to build up my tour that I once had. With all the money I save on car payments and insurance, I'm hoping to save up some money for my wedding next year and whatever else comes up. Plus, I think I'll probably end up getting another motorcycle to play with on the weekends (been regretting selling my old CBR for years now...).
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 04:54 AM
Cool...it was getting hard for me to to do regular maintnence.....I don't trust any mechanics to do it properly (and affordabley) so i do it myself. But recently its taking its toll as my business and personal life have been really busy. And since i work for BMW, i can just drop it of at my work for service, then pick it up after work.

So it becomes easier.

Path, i hope you don;t leave CEG....i know im not, and congrats on your wedding.

Lupe
Posted By: svt4stv Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 05:16 AM
man, path, i really like your car but im not big on the tan interior tours. too much to switch it all out for midnight blue any chance you'd be interested in selling the wheels seperately?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 05:31 AM
Car looks great Paul. Is Fast Eddie still planning on selling too? Haven't heard from him in a while.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 06:02 AM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
man, path, i really like your car but im not big on the tan interior tours. too much to switch it all out for midnight blue any chance you'd be interested in selling the wheels seperately?

Funny as I was trying to buy your car not too long ago...

No plans to part out anything from the car yet, especially since I no longer have the stock wheels to replace mine.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/28/06 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Marky:
Car looks great Paul. Is Fast Eddie still planning on selling too? Haven't heard from him in a while.

Thanks Mark, I haven't heard from Eddie lately so I don't know what his plans are.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/30/06 01:16 AM
Eddie drove past me yesterday, so i suppose he still has his car for now.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/30/06 09:22 AM

The muther F'er bought the car like two weeks ago!!! Is he high?!?!? Its the cleanest csvt this side of the mississippi. And Paul, I want your rims. We got to figure out a way to make it happen.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/31/06 12:03 AM
Originally posted by dubkatz:

The muther F'er bought the car like two weeks ago!!! Is he high?!?!? Its the cleanest csvt this side of the mississippi. And Paul, I want your rims. We got to figure out a way to make it happen.

Well, since Eddie bought it he has put in about $4k last I heard. Replaced the steering column, entire tranny was rebuilt with the usuals (Torsen, Focus shift tower, upgraded shifter forks, Spec 1, etc...), replaced a leaking CV boot, clutch safety switch, and probably some other stuff I can't remember. Plus, its not like he would be paying for the new car

I may have sold the car as of today... the first person who came to look at it is interested and has it at a dealer right now being inspected. So you may be out of luck as far as the rims go. However, as much as I like them, they are a royal pain to keep polished.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/31/06 02:34 AM

I understand he bought it last May(63,375 miles) and the previous and original owner experienced no problems since(ok the DPFE was replaced)it was purchased for $19,995.00 in Jan.'99. I actually drove it once or twice the engine seemed pretty crisp, and the car seemed to be in fair shape for an E1 built in May of '98, but what do I know. BTW Harley you will never get those rims.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/31/06 07:07 AM
BTW Harley you will never get those rims.

Why you called dibs?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/31/06 11:36 AM
No, but I do think they look great and would look even better on a Tred SVT ... in San Diego.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/31/06 03:19 PM
Well, it looks like it is sold. I don't know if that makes me happy or sad, but anyway the guy is supposed to drop off the money today or tomorrow.

He took it to Mossy Ford to get inspected and the results were kind of funny.

First the said that the suspension may be a little worn (Gee, 95k mi on stock suspension, shocking...)
They mentioned an oil leak (which includes about two drips every 5k mi)
Low front brake pads (a good 50% left)
Possible new front rotors (10k mi old and perfectly smooth)
Possible low battery (6 months old and perfect voltage)
A slightly worn CV boot (what is slight worn?)

Anyway, it seemed like they had a hard time finding actual problems and felt like they had to justify the money they charge. So I just took a couple hundred off of the price and said the heck with it, I need to move on. I'll be driving the little Focus for the next couple of months until I buy a new bike and renew my M1 license.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 03/31/06 03:20 PM
No, but I do think they look great and would look even better on a Tred SVT ... in San Diego.

I don't think they will be looking to sell the rims, but I will mention it to them if you would like.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/01/06 03:28 AM
Originally posted by path914:

I don't think they will be looking to sell the rims, but I will mention it to them if you would like.

Thanks, they probably would cry about the condition of my tires so don't bother. As long as that 9' tall lumberjack doesn't get them I'm happy.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/01/06 05:15 PM

Thanks, they probably would cry about the condition of my tires so don't bother. As long as that 9' tall lumberjack doesn't get them I'm happy.

LMAO
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/02/06 01:04 AM
Its official, I have sold may car! Sad to see her go but after 4 years and 70k mi+ it is time to move on. I will still be here on the site, but probably not on a daily basis as I have been. I will also suggest giving up moderator priviledges to someone else.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/03/06 06:30 AM
As long as that 9' tall lumberjack doesn't get them I'm happy.

*deleted*

Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/03/06 01:54 PM

*deleted*

Now, now Harley... you are hardly someone who should be living in a glass house

Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/04/06 08:08 PM

*deleted*

Thats a curse word!?! What happens if i BLANK my thumb, then what am i supposed to say.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/05/06 03:23 AM

*deleted*

Thats a curse word!?! What happens if i BLANK my thumb, then what am i supposed to say.

Ouch...
Posted By: CSVT EDDIE Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/08/06 06:03 PM

Im here guys i have been really really busy lately! trying to make all that damn money back...... but i do believe the car works fine now.... lol. Anyways but my brother just yesterday bought a 2004 pearl white 350z with 14k on it intake and full blow exhaust for 24 or 23 thousand i think. I took a drive in it and i almost creamed my pants like a 100 times!!!!! To answer your question mark no not yet but i do plan on selling it in a couple of mothns i have a friend of mine that is going to pick it up for like $7500-8000 and im getting a 350z too so it will be me my brother and his to roommates so that will be 4 350z's but who knows if my friend falls through i will probibly keep and run it untill the freking doors fall off.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/08/06 08:11 PM
That will be alot more 350z's on campus. Now you just have to turbo it so its like that two toned red/black 350z with a crazy amount of money put into it.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/09/06 12:26 AM
Keep the SVT.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/09/06 10:17 PM
Keep the SVT.

If it's on someone else's dime, why? The 350 is a great car (although I do prefer the G35 coupes), and has a huge aftermarket so either way I think you will be happy.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/09/06 11:40 PM
I'm not clear on what you mean, but those other cars would be nice.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/10/06 02:57 AM
All I meant was that as long as Eddie is not the one paying for the new car, why shouldn't he sell his SVT. But either way, he should be happy as both cars (his and the 350z) are lots of fun.

BTW, I think I may be ready to pick up a new bike in about a month
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/10/06 04:19 AM
Gotcha Paul, which bike are you looking at?

Got a problem with my SVT now, looks like the starter. New battery, all related fuses and relays (swapped them out) are good. Clutch disable switch checks out. I have bump started it a few times and it runs fine. Thought it may be a PATS issue at first but verified the red light was operating normally. I was also thinking ignition switch but the starter clicks when I try to start it so that tells me voltage is getting to the starter. I did some searching and from what I've read it could be a loose ground. If you have any thoughts let me know. BTW in the eleven years that I've owned five different Contours this is the very first time that one has failed to start.

Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/10/06 07:23 AM
BTW in the eleven years that I've owned five different Contours this is the very first time that one has failed to start.

Quick sell it, its a lemon
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/10/06 11:47 AM
BTW in the eleven years that I've owned five different Contours this is the very first time that one has failed to start.

Quick sell it, its a lemon

Yep, old with 45,780 miles (yesterday) bound to start falling apart fast. I may keep it for a while just so I wont waste all the P21S I bought.
Posted By: path914 Re: I am also selling my CSVT - 04/10/06 11:45 PM
I felt kinda silly selling my car right after I picked up a ton of Klasse and PC orbital buffer. Oh well, I will have a shiny bike...

Mark,

I am really only looking at one bike, a 2003-2005 Suzuki SV650s. I've seen quite a few around and there is also a very good local club. I need to take the MSF course again and save for another month or so, but I will definitely let you know once I pick it up.
© CEG Archives