Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dion_dup1 Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/04/06 08:26 AM
Okay everyone,

The FFF is coming up, it's scheduled for April 9th this year. Who's up for it? Who's planning on going? Are we going to have a big Contour showing or no? I don't know my schedule as of yet, because I'm required to work every other weekend, but I will try to be off that day for the show.

http://www.fordcarclubs.org/
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/04/06 05:29 PM
im in
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/04/06 11:51 PM
wheres it gonna be at?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/05/06 12:24 AM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
wheres it gonna be at?

Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/05/06 01:21 AM
wheres it gonna be at?

Originally posted by Dion:

Try clicking the link
Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/05/06 04:29 AM
I'm in. See ya all there!

Don't forget to register.

Sal
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/05/06 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Marky:
wheres it gonna be at?

LOL
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/05/06 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
wheres it gonna be at?

Originally posted by Dion:

Try clicking the link

Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/05/06 09:08 PM
I've cross-posted this onto the other Contour forum as well as SHOcal.com. The SHO guys are showing interest, two are committing to registration (Sal being one), and others are SHOwing interest. Let's get a big group going, I'm planning on making sure I'm off that weekend, even if I'm scheduled to work (cough-cough).
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/05/06 10:02 PM
oops, i didnt see you posted this on shocal so i dupliposted it. oh well, i put mine in the socal thread.

we need to all get in at approx the same time again so we dont get stuck with some yahoo in the middle of us.
Posted By: lofocus Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/06/06 04:44 AM
represent'n Foci

Posted By: 98SVTC Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/06/06 05:09 PM
If April 9th is not the same weekend as the Mopar show in Van Nuys, I'll be at FFF taking pictures! Might also be working it at the SVTOA booth like last year.
Karl
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/07/06 07:05 PM
I just posted this on SHOcal.com as well as the other Contour board...

Quote:

When us Contour guys/girls would get together, we'd meet up on Beach somewhere close by, just below the 91. Last year, Me, Steve and Mike met up at McDonalds on Beach at around 630 am....

Is that too brutal for everyone?
Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/08/06 10:21 AM
Not for me... I'll be with the SHOCal guys. We should be meeting up with you all.

Anywhere we can wash and detail the rides before we hit Knott's??

Sal
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/09/06 08:21 AM
wash and wax before you head out. when you get to Knotts, just use some Meguiar's Quick detailer (or similar). some No Touch for the tires and Windex for the windows/rims.

Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/09/06 04:32 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
wash and wax before you head out. when you get to Knotts, just use some Meguiar's Quick detailer (or similar). some No Touch for the tires and Windex for the windows/rims.

What the hell was I thinking!? LOL Thanks Steve for putting me in my place...lol

Sal
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/09/06 04:40 PM
been there, dont that, too many times. after doing the car show thing for many years, you learn a few things. busting yer arse all morning to get your car squeaky clean sucks. especially when youll be there all day.

i gotta see if i can get a new canopy by then. the friggin wind just destroyed two that i had!
remember to bring a chair and a cooler w/ drinks/snacks. maybe some sunscreen if youre a pasty white beyotch like LoFocus.
Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/09/06 06:46 PM
been there, dont that, too many times. after doing the car show thing for many years, you learn a few things. busting yer arse all morning to get your car squeaky clean sucks. especially when youll be there all day.

i gotta see if i can get a new canopy by then. the friggin wind just destroyed two that i had!
remember to bring a chair and a cooler w/ drinks/snacks. maybe some sunscreen if youre a pasty white beyotch like LoFocus.

I have a 10X20 Canopy around here somewhere, you want me to bring that?

Sal
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/18/06 06:07 PM
I don't believe that the canopy is allowed, but you can certainly bring it. They (the organizers) don't want displays or anything like that, but I'm not sure about the canopy. We bring a couple of chairs, sunblock/lotion, ice cooler, and cleaning supplies.

As for an update, the registration forms are now available for downloading. You can DL, print it up, and mail it in with 35 bucks, the deadline being March 31st.

Let's get this going!
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/19/06 08:05 AM
I may be in, now that my paint is all fixed....
Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/19/06 04:04 PM
I emailed them asking if I could register as a SHO/SVT or would I be stuck at the Mercury Side... Which would suck, cause I wanna hang around with you guys and the SHOs...

Lemme know what you think, would they notice!?

Sal
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/20/06 05:17 PM
Change the badges! Or call your Merc badges an "aesthetic mod".
Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/20/06 07:15 PM
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/21/06 12:12 AM
dont you have the taurus front end now?? slap some furd stickers over the merc badges until you get in.
Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/21/06 06:45 AM
dont you have the taurus front end now?? slap some furd stickers over the merc badges until you get in.

SHO front end... thank you!

Some people....
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 01/25/06 04:56 PM
Just register it as a Taurus...I don't think they'll notice, especially if you're in the middle of a bunch of Tauri and Contours.
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/04/06 06:16 PM
Kids, I'm definately in... I'll register next week when I get paid.
Posted By: ChadEbert Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/09/06 08:07 PM
Why do they only have a class for SVT's and not my normal Contour SE?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/09/06 08:46 PM
because theyre rhietarted. just reg as an svt, they wont even notice. even though theyre ford peeps, they still dont know jack shmitt about our cars

if you dont, you might end up parking in BFE next to God knows what
Posted By: ChadEbert Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/09/06 08:52 PM
Ugh, probably park me next to a beater Pinto or something. So if I register, I'll just register as an SVT, even tho I'm just a lowley SE. <sigh>. I need to have 2 dents fixed and get new headlights first tho...
Posted By: luvmysvt_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/09/06 10:01 PM
Now that I'm back on the boards and know about this, I may be in too...just may have to get the car back in the body shop and get my rims a little faster than initially planned.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/10/06 05:40 PM
cool. we may actually suprise a lot of people by having quite a few peeps turn out. last year we had 6 iirc so who knows....
Posted By: luvmysvt_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/15/06 07:58 PM
I'm in. I'm going to register either today or tomorrow.
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/16/06 07:46 AM
I should be mailing my registration tomorrow... It looks like me and Sami are pulling out all the stops on this one. We're B-I-G ballers, y0.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/18/06 05:47 AM
I sent mine in today. I'm still scheduled to work that weekend, but I'll make the necessary arrangements to at least get Sunday off and detail my car a few days before and not drive it until the day of the show.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/23/06 02:51 PM
I got my confirmation yesterday! Who else has their confirmation?
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/23/06 06:53 PM
I keep forgetting to mail it...

Hey Dion, any chance of you, uh, not bringing your car? Please?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/23/06 07:32 PM
youre not thinking youre gonna win THE trophy are you matt? there is only ONE trophy for the entire show craziest shti ive ever heard. but its still cool to get together, hang out, and reprsent.
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/23/06 07:38 PM
Are you shitting me? There's no divisional stuff? What a load of [censored].....

Oh, Steve, I'll throw a load of [censored] into the trade as well. You know, as an added incentive.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 02/28/06 03:23 AM
yes, it's kind of funny how that works. one trophy for one car for the show. but it draws people from all over the place. two years ago, a young guy and his father came down from Idaho, son in his SVT Contour and pops in his SVT Cobra. talk about a nice father/son outing.

D
Posted By: GoofSHO Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/08/06 09:24 PM
Are we still meeting at McDonalds on Beach at 6:30?

B
Posted By: GoofSHO Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/09/06 11:33 PM
Hello Anyone

B
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/10/06 06:43 AM
I will go ahead and say yes, since it's on Beach just a block or less from the line that forms around the parking lot at Knott's.

Why not start a list as well....

1) dion
Posted By: SableSal Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/11/06 08:35 AM
Count me in.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/11/06 07:22 PM
1) dion
2) SableSal
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/13/06 09:02 AM
I'm officially out. Money's not great right now, and timing is even worse. Have fun guys!
Posted By: GoofSHO Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/13/06 05:32 PM
Add 2 to the list

Brian ( GoofSHO )
Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )

B
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/15/06 05:37 PM
1) dion
2) SableSal
3) Brian ( GoofSHO )
4) Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/16/06 10:09 PM
1) dion
2) SableSal
3) Brian ( GoofSHO )
4) Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )
5) svt4stv--i havent reg yet but ill prolly be taking both cars. hopefully the new rims will be on the new whip in time!
Posted By: GoofSHO Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/22/06 09:44 PM
Add:

Sean ( BondoSHO )
Matt ( LOUDSHO92 )

Thanks,

B
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/27/06 02:19 AM
1) dion
2) SableSal
3) Brian ( GoofSHO )
4) Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )
5) svt4stv (did you register?)
6) Sean ( BondoSHO )
7) Matt ( LOUDSHO92 )

Come on, anybody else? I can add a friend of mine, he normally goes, but I don't want to jump the gun.
Posted By: GoofSHO Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/30/06 05:03 AM
Add

Bob ( Jedhead )

B
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/30/06 01:46 PM
Originally posted by GoofSHO:
Add

Bob ( Jedhead )

B

1) dion
2) SableSal
3) Brian ( GoofSHO )
4) Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )
5) svt4stv (did you register?)
6) Sean ( BondoSHO )
7) Matt ( LOUDSHO92 )
8) Bob ( Jedhead )
Posted By: jshend Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/31/06 03:58 AM
I am fairly new to this site, but I am planning on being at FFF. I have a 2000 Contour SVT.

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 03/31/06 08:36 PM
too late, the show is sold out
ohh well...
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/01/06 01:24 AM
Originally posted by jshend:
I am fairly new to this site, but I am planning on being at FFF. I have a 2000 Contour SVT.

Thanks,

Jeff

Did you register for the show? Or will you be hanging out without your car in the show area?
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/01/06 01:25 AM
ohh well...

You had how many months to get ready and register?

1) dion
2) SableSal
3) Brian ( GoofSHO )
4) Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )
5) Matt ( LOUDSHO92 )
6) Bob ( Jedhead )
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/01/06 06:42 AM
its alright. my car's dirty anyways.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/08/06 03:12 PM
Originally posted by dion:
ohh well...

1) dion
2) SableSal
3) Brian ( GoofSHO )
4) Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )
5) Matt ( LOUDSHO92 )
6) Bob ( Jedhead )

Jedhead/Bob is out due to work....is this the final roll call? I'm the only one with a Contour going?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/08/06 08:38 PM
arent ari and matt going?
Posted By: Matty K Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/08/06 11:19 PM
No sir...
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/08/06 11:23 PM
ohh well...

1) dion
2) SableSal
3) Brian ( GoofSHO )
4) Kevin ( BuddhaSHO )
5) Matt ( LOUDSHO92 )
6) Bob ( Jedhead )

Jedhead/Bob is out due to work....is this the final roll call? I'm the only one with a Contour going?

is Mike going? that guy with the black csvt with something like 5k miles?
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/09/06 04:00 AM
No, I just talked to him yesterday.
Posted By: GoofSHO Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/10/06 07:41 PM
The SHOw was great.. Dion and Steve were there....( Did'nt see much of 'em though....lol ) You missed a Great SHOw!!!

B
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/10/06 10:24 PM
yeah, we were busy trying to take in the entire show.

by the time we finished, the show was over.

ps can you pm me bob's email addy so i can contact him about sending him the $ for the reg. thanks again man
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/11/06 12:50 AM
I stopped by at around 2:30 but didn't see anyone - at least anyone I knew. I saw Dion's car and Steve's. Who's black SVTC was there and who brought the two SHO's? That GEN 3 (?) green one looked nice. There was one Focus too. At least you all got to park in the same place. Did you guys notice the hopped up Fusion with the Cosworth head/intake over by the modded Focuses? Even though the show was smaller due to space restrictions, it still took quite a while to make the rounds.
Karl
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/11/06 01:52 AM
the black csvt belonged to some woman in her late 40s(?). i talked to her briefly but saw her later with her husband who was wearing an SVTOA jacket.

the fusion was badass! in case you didnt notice....it was turbocharged! cosworth built 2.3. ill be posting a bazillion pics later tonight.
Posted By: chezterr_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/12/06 11:00 PM
What's up everyone.... The black Fusion is ours (Draxas), and thanks for the comments!

The engine isnt built by Cosworth, but it does have their VERY nice Aluminum Intake Manifold installed. The engine is still stock, but we have a second one being built with Wiseco pistons, Eagle Rods, Clevite bearings, ARP fasteners etc...

Currently putting down 221whp at 7psi on the stock exhaust. Once we get the computer tuning software and a full 3" exhaust, we should be right around 250-260whp on 91 octane at 7psi. Overall end goal on the built engine is over 400whp. We are also going to see how much power we can make on 91 octane fuel with the built motor, as we want to be able to fill up at local gas stations and also at the race track and not pay $7/gallon for race fuel. I would be happy with anything around 350whp on 91 octane fuel. :-)

We'll have the Fusion at our May 20th Redline Track Event at Buttonwillow Raceway and we will be giving ride alongs in it. Granted, the ride alongs wont be at 10/10ths, but we will let her rip on the straights!

Nikolas
Posted By: jshend Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/17/06 08:44 PM
The black CSVT belongs to us, (Sue & Jeff Henderson) It is our daily driver and it has been a great little car. It is pretty much stock.

In looking at the silver and burgandy cars there, helps me to realize the potential that our little black one has.

Thanks,

Sue & Jeff
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/18/06 06:11 AM
Let me the first to welcome you two! I'm glad you like your SVT Contour. I love mine, I've had it for 9 years next month, and it was my DD until I got my new (to me) car last year. Now the SVT-C and my other car take turns doing the DD thing.

Hopefully, we'll get more SVT-C's in the show. When I left that morning after dropping off my car, I saw two more T-red SVT's in the Sears parking lot. One was an early 98 (Cosworth style wheels), the second was at least a 99 being it had the tan interior. Both appeared to be stock, but very clean, original paint.
Posted By: JimD Re: Fabulous Fords Forever - 04/20/06 06:39 AM
I was in the Silver E-Zero that was there last year, but not there this year... if I recall, I let Dion borrow some detailing supplies!

The show is actually a reunion, though it has three memorial trophies...

The first is to honor one of the founders, Johna Pepper. His background is that he had been involved in Ford corporate, as well as really making the show what it was in its early years. It was my conversation with him in 1988 which made me come to the show in the first place and I've only missed one in the 18 years since because I was out of the country. The Johna Pepper Memorial Award goes to a favorite pick by a celebrity judge. Last year it was Carroll Shelby who picked Hank William's all-original Cobra. Often it goes to a celebrated marque.

The second is to honor Bill Stroppe. If you don't know who Bill Stroppe is, you're probably younger than 30 or maybe even 40. Stroppe built and raced Lincolns and Mercurys in the '50s and '60s on oval tracks as well as Daytona Beach (when it was really on the beach). He also prepped cars for such legends as Parnelli Jones. Eventually he and Parnelli raced Broncos together as well as trucks in the legendary desert races. Stroppe's shop also prepped every Pantera that landed on these shores before they were sold at Lincoln-Mercury dealers nationwide... he also was very involved in Ford corporate and the early days of the show. Usually his son, Willie, selects a favorite Bronco or truck.

The third award is to honor George Watts, who headed the show for over a decade after Johna's passing. While George was recognized for many of his community service contributions, unique Ford vehicles owned (including the first EXP), he was likely best known as being the owner and restorer of the first T-Bird ever built, so it is only fitting that there is an award for him which usually goes to a favorite Bird selected by his family.

After that, with over 50 classes and nearly 2000 cars, who would even attempt to try to organize a voting team.

Really the beauty of the event is its "run what you got" theme... if it's not painted, at least wash it and come back next year so we can see the progress that's been made. Probably one of the neatest things you can do is be at the gate, where I was this year helping to direct traffic... almost no better way to see the show standing in one place!

Plan for April of '07, somewhere in the middle of the month, and of course, it won't be on Easter. We should have a date at www.fordcarclubs.org around September, and registration forms online in by late January. Register early.
© CEG Archives