Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 05:41 PM
Its an old tired bit already, can't you people out there come up with some new material for Detroit. I grew up in the city of Detroit for the first NINETEEN YEARS of my wife w/o a problem personally. Sure, things need to improve, especially with our thug mayor and the "urban mentality" that elected him, but showing bombed out buildings, cars on 22's (like thats not everywhere and going out of style...FAST) and other stereo types is cliche' Detroit is more than just whats inside the border, its the entire area around Detroit and its taking alot more time than I'd like to see to fix things, but come on already. Do any of you know or have lived in Detroit or the metro Detroit area, chime in and be heard
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 06:05 PM
You need to start drinking the coffee with the green label.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 06:06 PM
Didn't catch the game last night as I don't think TNT/TBS or FSN carried it. So I have no clue what was shown.

I was born and raised for a little more than half my childhood in Sacramento. Mom still lives there in her Victorian in downtown and since I only 2hrs away I vist her ever few months.

Been to Detroit and varying outlying Townships twice. My GF is originally from Detroit with a mjaorioty of her family still there. I believe it was 15-mile road where she spent most of her childhood.

I have no use for Detroit and nor does she. While the suburbs are nice, the city is a giant ghetto. Undersrtood the projects have been torn down and the rebirth of downtown is happening but it's still a vast hood.

My bother is a ME with DCX and he has been faced with sucking it up at his current position because he would rather not move to Detroit to continue his career in Automotive Engineering. Everyone he works with feels the same even the people originally from Detroit and GMI feel the same.

What I'm getting at is that I'm sure perceptions are worse than reality. BUT! those stereotypes about Detroit being hood take forever to break in peoples minds. Isn't the Arena in Auburn Hills like 30-miles outisde of Detroit? Obvisouly it was built there becasue the Detroit inhabitants can not afford a nose-bleed seat so they built in the more affluent suburb.

While Sacrmaento does have it's poorer areas, there are no projects, and the city is much more diverse the urban Detroit.

And we in the bay area look down on Sacramento and the other Central Valley towns as being trashy so go figure.
Posted By: Dtox Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 07:53 PM
Why is this man angry?
Posted By: carzyjay Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 08:09 PM
someone is tripping. and i dont think big rims are going out of style. they always say bigger is better right!!! lol
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Dtox:
Why is this man angry?

Because we're sick and tired of the Detroit bashing, we've got the same problems as any other big city, but for some reason we are percieved the only one. We had one riot back in 67' pertaining to race and another one in 84' when we won the World Series, sorry SD and thats it. Since then, we've won two NCAA basketball championships (89' and 99'), three Stanley Cups (97', 98' and 02'), THREE NBA championships (89', 90' and 04') and NO RIOTS! but yet we're riot and violence town, total BS I invite any of you when you come to Detroit to visit "Mexicantown" for the best food around, for instance. Its far from perfect, but its getting old, like in 82' when they reported our "black snow", give me a freakin' break
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 10:19 PM
WTF are you talking about? Did the CA. forum members bash your city? If it happened I missed it.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 10:23 PM
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Why is this man angry?

I invite any of you when you come to Detroit to visit "Mexicantown" for the best food around, for instance.

Come to Cali for some real Mexican food. Although, I'm sure that midwestern flair of mexican is quite yummy
Last I checked, Detroit is now the 11th largest city in the nation, San Jose is 10th Plus San Jose is the safest big-city in the nation and has been for quite the number of years. You might have better soul-food, but we got Oakland so it's prolly a toss-up.

Just in the 'yay we have 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, 1 NBA team and 1 NHL team. Lets not forget the franchises in Sac, LA, or SD.
And C'mon Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, > UM & MSU.

Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Marky:
WTF are you talking about? Did the CA. forum members bash your city? If it happened I missed it.

Really, what did Cali do to piss you guys off?

Guessing something happened at one of the Hockey games?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Why is this man angry?

I invite any of you when you come to Detroit to visit "Mexicantown" for the best food around, for instance.

Come to Cali for some real Mexican food. Although, I'm sure that midwestern flair of mexican is quite yummy
Last I checked, Detroit is now the 11th largest city in the nation, San Jose is 10th Plus San Jose is the safest big-city in the nation and has been for quite the number of years. You might have better soul-food, but we got Oakland so it's prolly a toss-up.

Just in the 'yay we have 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, 1 NBA team and 1 NHL team. Lets not forget the franchises in Sac, LA, or SD.

How many NFL teams?
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 11:03 PM
[

How many NFL teams?

2 - Raiders & 49'ers
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/09/05 11:44 PM
[

How many NFL teams?

2 - Raiders & 49'ers

Sorry, didn't see your 'yay reference.
Posted By: carzyjay Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/10/05 12:16 AM
your gay, grow up ( o your like 40 opps) lol why do people trip on the little things in life. I get sh!t all the time about my job and i just laugh , you have to make the best of it. or move, jk lol
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/10/05 04:59 PM
Originally posted by leavethembanned:

Really, what did Cali do to piss you guys off?

Guessing something happened at one of the Hockey games?

No it was in "Sactown", not hockey, surprised anyone knows about that out there I'm not bashing anyone here, just bringing it up and hope it doesn't spread! As far as "ball walking" about how many teams you have, well, your state is pretty big, but seeing that football is the biggest sport, why can't it sustain in L.A. Our teams in Detroit are rooted in tradition, Tigers have been there forever, Lions have been there about as long, the Wings have been the Wings since 1926 and the Pistons came here to stay about 50 years ago, so I don't need to hear about all of your teams, especially college because its a wash!

As far as our Mexican food goes, well, our Mexicantown has been around for over 50 years, so just because its not near the border doesn't mean you should discount it
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/10/05 05:32 PM

why can't it sustain in L.A.
Because LA sucks. Players have to run around carring oxygen tanks so they don't pass out on the field.

As far as our Mexican food goes, well, our Mexicantown has been around for over 50 years, so just because its not near the border doesn't mean you should discount it

How long something has been around has nothing to do with if it is good or not. Taste is a personal preference. I actually like the mexican food from back home better than I do here.

Posted By: Toadster_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/10/05 06:53 PM
ROFL @ this thread
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/10/05 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Toadster:
ROFL @ this thread

This has to be one of the best ever threads that has graced the Cali forums.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/10/05 09:21 PM
ROFL @ this thread

Bunch a Haterz!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/12/05 12:24 AM
ROFL @ this thread

Hey, your welcome
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/12/05 04:03 AM
Im not trying to hate on Detroit, And i surely dont support what the clowns in sac. did before the game BUT.. Maybe the reason, that Detroit is looked at so poorly is
http://www.morganquitno.com/cit05pop.htm

as you can see. Detroit isnt a very safe place to live. And iirc Detroit just finaly go beat by D.C. in the most homicides per year. Detroit was #1 for years.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/12/05 11:01 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Im not trying to hate on Detroit, And i surely dont support what the clowns in sac. did before the game BUT.. Maybe the reason, that Detroit is looked at so poorly is
http://www.morganquitno.com/cit05pop.htm

as you can see. Detroit isnt a very safe place to live. And iirc Detroit just finaly go beat by D.C. in the most homicides per year. Detroit was #1 for years.

Hey, we were "#1 with a bullet", get it right
Posted By: hotblack98 Re: To the jackass at Arco Arena! - 11/13/05 02:47 AM
Michigan Is number 1 and number 16 we rock

FLINTTOWN
© CEG Archives