Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: path914 Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/27/05 12:57 AM
Hey all,

Its been a while since we've had any sort of activity around here so I thought if anyone has the time we could have a get together sometime this week. I just passed a final for a big part of my school program so I have the rest of the week off until next Monday.

Tim, Eric, Eddie, Mark... anyone...?
Sounds good, let me know when. I think Darth wants to meet up since we hav not had anything since he has joined the boards. Let me know when and where?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/27/05 03:34 AM
We could get together at my shop Saturday morning.
you guys should wait a few weeks, till i come down. mid October. Then we can throw a party, Cause you all know it aint a part unless Dub is there
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/27/05 04:34 PM
Why not have two? This Saturday works for me.
I am up for a meet. I should find out in the next day or so if my G-ma is still in Bullhead city AZ. If she is I will most likley go meet her and hang out for a day.

Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/27/05 06:39 PM
Originally posted by path914:

Paul please bring the pump and plan on an early start like last time m'kay.
Originally posted by Marky:

What kinda pump you guys talking about?
Originally posted by dubkatz:

Swedish
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/27/05 08:38 PM
Originally posted by myfastse:

Swedish

Damn, that's almost wrong. I can't believe I wrote that to a guy who lives in Hillcrest. However I knew I was talking about car maint. You two California boys are the ones who got all worked up.
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/27/05 08:52 PM
LMAO! Sounds good to me...
I'm down for a morning meeting at the shop, sorry for my ignorance Marky, but what do they do at your shop again. And who else is coming? where is the shop located?
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 01:20 AM
anybody speak spanish?????

my natural lenguage is spanish and some words i dont understand i live in mexicali border of calexico ca. im interested in meet with the california contour.org
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 01:29 AM
hey anyone want to let a newbie to san diego come to a meet. My car is still in San Jose, Im going to SDSU. Alot of people down here have CSVT's. Just wanted to check out everyones cars. Ill bring my down next year.
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 02:29 AM
RRT_SVT -

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the local guys speak Spanish

This is what I would suggest... Marky and I will be down at his shop early Saturday morning working on our cars, anyone that wants to come down is welcome. For the rest of you lazy bums who don't get up before noon (cough, cough... eric... ) we can have an actual meet later in the day somewhere else. Any suggestions on locations?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 03:58 AM
Hud-Mac Marine Services (ship/submarine repair, overhaul, drydocking, etc. We do all kinds of one-off fabrication and repair for various government activties and thier major subcontractors. We are also a support activity involved with the Navy's mammal program.

3485 Noell St.
San Diego.

Like Paul said we'll be there early doing a little maint. I plan on leaving about noon. There are plenty of places close to our shop where we could meet and have a few suds, or lunch.
I'll watch the post and meet where ever you guys decide.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 04:56 AM
is the shop close to any trolley locations? because thats my only way to get around since im on campus at state.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 05:04 AM
Yes, about a block away Washington St. Check Mapquest and the trolley sight, should be able to zero in pretty quick.
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 05:47 AM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
is the shop close to any trolley locations? because thats my only way to get around since im on campus at state.

Get on at SDSU on the Green line and switch over to the Blue line and take it to the Washington street exit.

Trolley Map
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 06:22 AM
sweet. Is there any chance for meets during the week? or Sundays? I work in the bay area so I�m gone for the next three weeks except Sunday this weekend and I�m here during the week. I would enjoy seeing anyone�s moded tours down here. I need some new ideas for mods for my car. Maybe it will get me to bring it down here sooner.
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 06:49 PM
I'm out of school at 3pm every day, so afternoon meets during the week are fine with me. However, I know many of the local guys work until 5-ish.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/28/05 11:13 PM
Fast Eddie just called, says he'll show up in the am with his new sans mufflers mod.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/29/05 12:17 AM
ya im out at 3 usually as well. so whenever works for me.
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/29/05 05:21 AM
RRT_SVT -

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the local guys speak Spanish

This is what I would suggest... Marky and I will be down at his shop early Saturday morning working on our cars, anyone that wants to come down is welcome. For the rest of you lazy bums who don't get up before noon (cough, cough... eric... ) we can have an actual meet later in the day somewhere else. Any suggestions on locations?

just say where to meet and i will try to be there my problem is my work hours i work from 10-7 pm tuesday to friday and 10-5pm saturdays i will keep reading the post and will try to meet soon i have my svt in the mechanich place right now i hope soon will be out for a ride and a meet thanks for the answer
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/29/05 04:30 PM
If you work from 10am-5pm on Saturdays, I don't think this week's meet will work for you. In the future we can try to work around your work schedule so you can join us.
with his new sans mufflers mod.

What did he do to one of the cleanest/stock tours around.
Posted By: CSVT EDDIE Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/30/05 05:18 PM
i made it loud and proud see you guys tommarow hey brad if you need a ride i can pick you up i live in frat row at state.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 09/30/05 06:27 PM
Originally posted by CSVT EDDIE:
i made it loud and proud see you guys tommarow hey brad if you need a ride i can pick you up i live in frat row at state.

Loud, yeah probably.

Proud ... shift knob mod, window sticker mod, collision mod, fast food wrapper trash mod, key chain mod, etc.

What's next ricer, neons and 20" chrome spinners?!
Keep it up college boy and you will be sent to time-out and forced to drive a Honduh.

Don't show up tommorrow looking for sympathy with that fake sling and ask me to work on that filthy, unwaxed car. You fooled me with that once, (actually twice) never again. I understand you even pulled that trick on a CEG moderator, well the word is out now.

However you can redeem yourself;

Be at the shop at 7 am and have plenty of beer on ice, you however won't be drinking beer is for men.

Loud, yeah probably.

Proud ... shift knob mod, window sticker mod, collision mod, fast food wrapper trash mod, key chain mod, etc.

What's next ricer, neons and 20" chrome spinners?!
Keep it up college boy and you will be sent to time-out and forced to drive a Honduh.

Don't show up tommorrow looking for sympathy with that fake sling and ask me to work on that filthy, unwaxed car. You fooled me with that once, (actually twice) never again. I understand you even pulled that trick on a CEG moderator, well the word is out now.

However you can redeem yourself;

Be at the shop at 7 am and have plenty of beer on ice, you however won't be drinking beer is for men.

AAAHhhhhhhAAAAAAAhhhhhaaaaaa
that is the definition of OW3NED!
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 10/01/05 11:41 PM
We had a productive day. Three brake system flushes, two MTX fluid swaps, and one power steering fluid swap. Eddie tried to drive off the jack stand claims he was hung-over, he shared a wine cooler with two of his roomates lastnight.
Posted By: CSVT EDDIE Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 10/02/05 03:21 AM
hahaha mark you are so funny wine cooler???? yes that is exactally what i did......... and i was the first one there after all of my wine coolers. and is the only reason that you bash me on the site is because finnally there is some one that knows less about cars than you?????? and now you dont have to feel stupid around everyone else!!!!!!!!! haha but anyways who leaves a car in gear you moron. but i do want to say it was very cool meeting new people today and i learned alot of new things but at my expence of hearing mark just biteh and moan all day long and tell me how stupid i am all day long
P.S>. your son mark is one cool guy he sould come around more often!
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 10/02/05 04:02 AM
hahaha mark you are so funny wine cooler???? yes that is exactally what i did......... and i was the first one there after all of my wine coolers. and is the only reason that you bash me on the site is because finnally there is some one that knows less about cars than you?????? and now you dont have to feel stupid around everyone else!!!!!!!!! haha but anyways who leaves a car in gear you moron. but i do want to say it was very cool meeting new people today and i learned alot of new things but at my expence of hearing mark just biteh and moan all day long and tell me how stupid i am all day long

(A victim of the California school system)

Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 10/02/05 04:59 AM

LMAO... Relax guys, it was a good day had by all.

Hey take it easy, me and paul are both "victims" of the california public school systems. and we turned out okay.
Posted By: CSVT EDDIE Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 10/02/05 05:13 AM
what are you tying to say mark???? that our school systems suffer and i am living proof!!! all in all that might be very true
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 10/02/05 05:30 AM
Did you find the "gift" I attached to your front bumper? Better get it off of there before the epoxy sets up.
Posted By: path914 Re: Anyone up for a meet this week in SD? - 10/02/05 06:44 AM

Hey take it easy, me and paul are both "victims" of the california public school systems. and we turned out okay.

Well....... "Okay" is a broad term, I'd say that there are some victims and some casualties
It was an enjoyable time, i learned a bit myself. Not that its hard from me. I'm just as noob as Eddie. BTW, Eddie, did you go to that auto show on the friday when it started, if so, i saw you car there. We got there a little after 1pm and i saw a CSVT when i pulled in.

Can't wait to swap out the Fluids on mine next week, i can only imagine what they are going to look like.

Did you guys watch the fight, if not, it sucked and Roy Jones should have stay in retirement if he planned to perform like that. what a waste, glad i didnt pay for it.
We should be able to get to your fluids next weekend, but we'll probably have to do it outside. The shop is reserved for
audio installation. Pick up all the stuff you need I'm sure we can get to some of the things. It's best to start early if you want to change out your coolant. Give me a call anytime.
seems like you guys had an interesting weekend. sorry i couldnt make it. i was in mexico. haha. let me know the next time you guys meet.
i think this weekend we are going to marks agian. im not sure ask mark.
Originally posted by bradSVT:
seems like you guys had an interesting weekend. sorry i couldnt make it. i was in mexico. haha. let me know the next time you guys meet.

Sorry, we are looking for someone with a green SVT. Two red SVT's are bad luck. There were two for a brief time but the other guy went insane and disapeared. I think he may have been kidnapped. Just kidding! He actually joined a cult.

All CEG members welcome, the more the merrier.

*Stealth mode on* (Just between you and me, if you ride with Fast Eddie wear a helmet, preferably full-face and maybe one of those bull rider vests, shin guards, steel toed boots, nomex underwear, a first aid kit would be prudent. Keep this to yourself and good luck.)*Stealth mode off*

Sorry, we are looking for someone with a green SVT. Two red SVT's are bad luck. There were two for a brief time but the other guy went insane and disapeared. I think he may have been kidnapped. Just kidding! He actually joined a cult.

Yea he joined the mountain man kult. and hes coming back in a few weeks to try and get a few to join.

Yea he joined the mountain man kult. and hes coming back in a few weeks to try and get a few to join.

Just don't drink the kool-aid he will try and give you...

Just don't drink the kool-aid he will try and give you...

Na see up here we make people drink the wounderful natural spring water that comes out of the tap.
When are you visiting?
*Stealth mode on* (Just between you and me, if you ride with Fast Eddie wear a helmet, preferably full-face and maybe one of those bull rider vests, shin guards, steel toed boots, nomex underwear, a first aid kit would be prudent. Keep this to yourself and good luck.)*Stealth mode off*

mark the only thing you forgot was to bring your own 4 point harness
It would do no good, too much rust and deformed/weak metal, nothing solid enough to attach it properly.
When are you visiting?

within the next few weeks, and ill prob hang around for 2 weeks, so there will be plenty of time for us all to get together.
© CEG Archives