Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: WildChild Checking in from Bahrain - 08/15/05 08:58 PM
What's up SOCAL, this is your boy on the other side of the wold missing home like crazy. I can't complain though the last three months of cruise have been sweet. We ported in Hawaii, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Guam and Bahrain, and my command flew into Japan, Singapore, Pakistain, Iraq, and a few other places I can't say. Not to mention we are expecting to make a couple of stops in Australia on the way back, but its still up in the air right now.

I am trying to catch up on what I've been missing since May, but I think that there is just too much stuff that's happened since I left. It's all good though.

I do need a hand getting my car fixed while I'm away from home so if any of my SD folks want to help me with that let me know.

By the way if any one was wondering what the women are like out here, all; all can say is that this place is covered with Ethiopian princesess, Egyptian queens and, Moroccan goddesses everywhere. Its wild out here. I love being so close to MOM.

ROB
Posted By: path914 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/15/05 10:52 PM
Good to hear from you! Stay safe out there and thanks for serving
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/16/05 12:35 AM
What up man, we thought we has scared you away already. If you need a help with the car just let us know what you need. I am sure we can get something worked out for you.

Like Path said. Thank you for everything you do.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/16/05 06:07 AM
Nice to hear from you, glad all is well.
Posted By: WildChild Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/16/05 09:20 PM
Good looking ya'll, its just another day at work for me. When I get a chance I'll post some pics up of the Carrier flight deck and me and some friends.

For the car though if someone in SD can give me a hand with getting it fixed that would be cool. PM me and I'll let you know whats going on with it.

Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/16/05 10:45 PM
Originally posted by WildChild:
some friends = Ethiopian princesess, Egyptian queens and, Moroccan goddesses . Post away

For the car though if someone in SD can give me a hand with getting it fixed that would be cool. PM me and I'll let you know whats going on with it.

Just send me a PM with what is wrong, i'll see what we can do for you. I am sure MentalCase knows someone that can fix it. I can help him get it there.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/16/05 10:56 PM
From what i understand, it overheated and blew a head gasket. Not sure if it warped the heads, but from the mess it made(what rob. told me over the phone) coolant all over the place, i wouldnt be suprised if the head is junk.
Posted By: DopePope Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/16/05 11:13 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
From what i understand, it overheated and blew a head gasket. Not sure if it warped the heads, but from the mess it made(what rob. told me over the phone) coolant all over the place, i wouldnt be suprised if the head is junk.

time for a 3L replacement?
Posted By: path914 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/17/05 04:52 AM
I believe it is a Zetec, I don't see a 3L in the future
Posted By: Mental Case Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/17/05 05:35 AM
What up otha brotha, good to hear from ya. Like they all said, let us know what you need. It is a Zzzzzetec, so no 3L there, but i know a lot of yard in Otay where there are parts galor. So we can do this, I'm still looking for a good repairman to replace my last hook-up. Keep in touch, pics of the ship would be coo, but show me the honey's,,,lol
Posted By: WildChild Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/21/05 10:14 PM
You guys were right, there was coolant and oil everywhere underneth the hood when it happened. The car is sitting in my garage at home right now and I should have more than enough funds come the end of next week to get whatever work done that needs to be.

I would like to do the 2.5L replacement if someone can find an engine with low miles and a mechanic to install it for a resonable price.

My other option is to get the zetec fixed and try to upgrade it as much as posible while its being fixed. But waiting on parts to be shipped may take a while.

"I'll try to get pics next time I fly to the ship"
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/22/05 04:00 AM
Like paul had posted before it would be WAY too much$$$ to do a v6 swap. Your best bet. would be to put high compresion pistons in to gain some hp, Or if you realy wanted to spend some money, turbo it.
Just look around the zetec board for recomendations for engine rebuild. Im sure you could find a low millage zetec for cheap.
I would find out what the max you could bore the stock block. I bet you could bore it out to 2.2-2.4 liters.
Posted By: path914 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/22/05 04:27 AM
A turbo or even a supercharger (ala Hector's car) is a much cheaper option to swapping in a full 2.5L and would have equal to, or greater results. IIRC, a turbo kit for the Zetec can be had for around $2500-3000 complete. How much are you looking to spend? Any less than that and you are looking at minor bolt-ons...
Posted By: WildChild Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/22/05 11:37 PM
$2500-3000 isn't that bad as long as I'm not pay the 5+that I saw on some web sites for a zetec turbo kit.

I still have to get the engine fixed. If someone in socal is willing to take a few hours of the day(like a weekend sat or sun) to bring a mech by the house for me to get an estimate for the job, than a turbo/supercharger would be something I would look into.

But for now I like the hp that a v6 puts out so either a swap or a new car is in my future when I get home.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/23/05 02:07 AM
Just shop around for an SVT, they are available all the time in the classifieds.
Posted By: path914 Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/23/05 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Marky:
Just shop around for an SVT, they are available all the time in the classifieds.

Seriously, this is an idea to think about. If you are dead set on a V6, it will be cheaper for you to replace your stock engine, sell your car and buy a used SVT.
Posted By: WildChild Re: Checking in from Bahrain - 08/28/05 10:38 AM
We'll see
© CEG Archives