Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bradSVT San Jose/Cupertino Meet? July 24th - 06/24/05 01:07 AM
Hey everyone,
I was at the Frontier Ford today looking at all the Roushs there because its meet Jack Roush day there and i was thinking we really should have a get together. I dont know if anyone has any ideas for places but i think it would be fun to hang out with my fellow CEG'ers and get new mod ideas. Let me know what you people think.

-Brad
Posted By: LostRacer Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 06/24/05 05:53 AM
OOOOOOO a southbay meet
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 06/24/05 06:57 AM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
Hey everyone,
I was at the Frontier Ford today looking at all the Roushs there because its meet Jack Roush day there and i was thinking we really should have a get together. I dont know if anyone has any ideas for places but i think it would be fun to hang out with my fellow CEG'ers and get new mod ideas. Let me know what you people think.

-Brad

Hey I was there too, so was Johnny & Carlos GT40 they had was cool

I won't be around until July 16th.......
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 06/24/05 08:35 AM
ya today was a great day to go there. They sold that GT for 220k. I have some friends that work there, that�s why I usually am stopping by. But ya they couldn�t keep the name GT40 because of a trademark issue with someone so it got cut down to the Ford GT. If anyone wants in there is an auction tomorrow held for the other GT they are getting. haha I can afford to buy the shift knob at the moment .

So no meet until late July?
Posted By: svt4b Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 06/24/05 09:14 PM
id be down depending on the date...i need to get down there to slap los around a whee bit anyways
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 06/24/05 09:35 PM
I'm good for a meet anytime. I drove past Frontier Ford yesterday and I wondered why all the Mustang Rousch's were parked on the Stevens Creek Boulevard. I did not know there was an event going on or I would have stopped. Oh well.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 06/29/05 10:39 PM
so when we meetin? I am down for the weekend after the 4th of july.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 06/29/05 11:51 PM
This weekend i can meet sunday after 1 i believe saturday im busy after 4. What are everyone elses schedules?
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/01/05 03:52 AM
I should still be in this area until, hopefully, the end of July. Ive already booked up the holiday weekend, but the others look clear to me.

Hopefully you guys will accept a transplanted Utahan.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/01/05 08:42 AM
everyone is welcome. I dont even know when we are going to all meet. Me and my friend are down to meet whenever. So we have two CSVT's so far. Anyone else want to meet? Let me know.
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/01/05 07:01 PM
Post a Date and time.
Posted By: svt4b Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/01/05 08:21 PM
thats what im screamin! lets get together folks, my baby needs friends to play with...me and lowbudget are holdin it down out here in the east bay! plus, did i mention slappin los around a whee bit?!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/01/05 10:25 PM
isnt lowbudget selling his car?
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/02/05 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
Post a Date and time.

Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/02/05 05:52 AM
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
Post a Date and time.

Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/02/05 07:50 AM
July 24th? I don�t know what time. We would have to figure out what we were doing. The 24th seems like the closest date that everyone is in town. Unless you guys can meet on weekdays?
Posted By: lowbudgetracing Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/02/05 08:01 AM
isnt lowbudget selling his car?

im tryn i might have a buyer tommorrow
Posted By: svt4b Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/04/05 02:08 AM
the 24th sounds possible...lets make it worth while though...like more than 3 contours would be nice and maybe some BBQ'in or somethin. we should plan a track day as well for one of the wednesday night drags at infineon, we could meet at lowbudgets shop and go from there
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/04/05 03:04 AM
that sounds awesome. i know im down and my friend thats not on the forum is down. Now we just need more heads to go.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/04/05 03:34 AM
Originally posted by svt4b:
make it worth while though...like more than 3 contours would be nice

The last CEG meet I went to had my car, Horse's since departed MSP, Pinebox's SRT-4, Stilov's WRX and Derk2000's xB.

...needless to say I would be happy if one other Contour showed up.
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/05/05 10:47 PM
July 24th is fine with me. I'm having my car serviced next Monday the 11th (100K service), then I'm having the dents and dings removed (some a-hole hit me and did not leave a note). By the 24th my baby should be washed, waxed, detailed, and ready for prime time! I'll keep checking this thread for a solid date. I look forward to seeing all you's guys. Until then..........Beers!
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/07/05 03:23 PM
Cant make it... Ill be Colombia from 19th - 29th.
Have Fun!
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/08/05 02:29 PM
24th, ill think i cna be there.....But i may not be able too....I headded to Cougarfest that week!!

Lupe
Posted By: svt4b Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/08/05 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
24th, ill think i cna be there.....But i may not be able too....I headded to Cougarfest that week!!

Lupe

yo lupe were you drunk when you wrote that?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/09/05 02:06 AM
felt like it...lol...im sick right with a sinus cold...so i have been getting really bad migrains.

Anyways..lol...let me know whats up and where its at...Ill see if i can bring both of my rides to the meet.

Lupe
Posted By: svt4b Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/10/05 12:15 AM
i suggest bringing the fastest one you got
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/10/05 01:52 AM

One of my rides will be towing the other...and both make more torque and HP than any stock or modded 2.5 liter
Posted By: chikmagnet340 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/12/05 05:58 PM

One of my rides will be towing the other...and both make more torque and HP than any stock or modded 2.5 liter

not this modded 2.5 liter .....
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/13/05 07:12 AM
Originally posted by chikmagnet340:

not this modded 2.5 liter .....

Is your Quarter mile accurate in your sig?? Cause last time i checked i was a 13.9 on my POS tires.

Lupe
Posted By: chikmagnet340 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/13/05 03:07 PM
I haven't been to the track for a while. To much stuff is breaking.... but nice pull. When did you score that?
Posted By: svt4b Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/13/05 05:16 PM
well count me out of that 2.5 stuff but im willing to go for the title in the bay and im not too worried playboy
so is this meet a go with a decent turnout for once or what?? it has to stay that weekend if im going because im playing with my new toy this weekend and the last weekend of this month. i got me a jet boat with an olds 350+mods, anyone wanna try me on water too?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/14/05 01:51 AM
Carlos, it was the weekend before i got my Jeep Liberty(2 or 3 weeks ago)....went to Chico to the Summer time drags they have at an abandond airport turned drag strip...Same place i blew my transmission.

I only got 13.9 once though the other 3 runs were 14.113, 14.199 and 14.345.

So i im planning on throwing on Kumo V700 Compition tires soon for the track and see how i do...I also still have to fix the stabo shock and put the Energey Suspension mounts in.

And i need to ge teh car tuned still......but now im modding the Jeep to...so my money is being slplit up in two ways..lmao

Lupe
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/14/05 01:53 AM
Like I said..July 24th works for me....Agreed??

Lupe
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/19/05 04:33 AM
So where are we meeting???
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/19/05 06:00 PM
Where is a location that past meets have been held at?
Posted By: ValCor_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/19/05 11:41 PM
I can't make the 24th after all. I hafta attend a special fishing/picnic event in the Santa Cruz Mountains that day. Can't pass up a chance at "catch and release" monsta bass fishing. Oh well, perhaps next time. BTW, got my car back from being serviced. Got the 'puter programmed and the CEL was out.....came on....went out....came on again....went out......Grrrrrr! Otherwise my baby looks sharp and runs nice with new plugs and wires, coolant,....yada yada yada. You guys and gals have a great time on the 24th. Wish I could be there.

Beers!
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/20/05 01:34 AM
Where is a location that past meets have been held at?

Last time it was a BBQ at Johnnys house...So im not sure what everyone whats to do....we could do pizza?

Lupe
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/20/05 06:19 AM
Im down for pizza. Anyone know of a good place?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/20/05 07:54 PM
Last time i had good pizza was at High Five Pizza Co. in san jose.

Its off of Branham Ln. and Snell Ave. in the Safeway shopping center.

High Five Pizza Co
(408) 629-6800
171 Branham LN
San Jose, CA 95136

But im open to other options..

Lupe
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/21/05 07:38 AM
I only know of one ok pizza place. Its called Jakes Pizza its off of saratoga/sunneyvale and prospect. Lupe it seems like you and me are the only ones down for a meet.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/21/05 07:33 PM
I'm down, just let me know when, and where!
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/22/05 12:19 AM
ok here we go

High Five Pizza Co
(408) 629-6800
171 Branham LN
San Jose, CA 95136

what about the time???

Im preparing to drive to CougarFest on tuesday, so i might be bussy in the early afternoon on sunday....I can do 4 or 5pm.

Lupe
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/22/05 06:37 AM
Those times work fine for me i have work until 2. Me and my friend with a csvt are in. He would be on this thing but he lacks computer skills. Thats 3 people so far? Lets get some more people!
Posted By: DopePope Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/22/05 07:59 AM
i'd really like to meet up with you guys again, but i dont think i'll be free sunday. (plus i'd need a ride )
but please please someone take pictures of all the 'tours and the drivers together and post!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/22/05 07:12 PM
i will do. I just hope we can get more then 3 csvts there.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: San Jose/Cupertino Meet? - 07/23/05 01:31 AM
ok 5pm it is.
© CEG Archives