Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bagpipes63 Wondering who this car belongs to... - 08/07/03 01:46 AM
I was driving down highway 10 this evening in Anoka and saw a pre 98 tour. Here is what I picked out, it had a decal saying "Remember the Price" on the top of the windshield, non-stock wheels, and the car was dark blue; with a yellow mesh grille. It had a ceg.com decal in the rear window so I know it belongs to someone here.
NO......... I have finally been seen. Yep thats my car. I live in Oatonna. But i get up that way alot. So do you like like.

Eric

by the way i was woundering when some one from hear would see my car.
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/03/05 11:04 PM
I'm from Big Lake, and I just bought a 98 svt contour, it's black but that wasn't mine. I'd like to know how many people around here have them. I'll be there this summer cruising. I'm only 18 & it keeps me & my friends outta trouble. We're polite to the cops so we don't get loitering tickets. my boyfriend also has a 2001 lightning it's white.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/04/05 12:01 AM
I live on the East side of the twin cities, (Stillwater area) and I have two contours. My Se looks just like an SVT and my actualy SVT. Both are Tred. Hopefully we'll run accross eachother out on the road!
Yeah i seen that car around the the anoka area before to. Speaking of which there is freaking clean almost like new Sliver SVT contour rolling around that area also.Um juction of 47 and ah the road going towards the city, ah 610 i think.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/07/05 09:38 PM
There is a sweet 98.5+ Green SVT by the Sams Club in Maplewood, intersection of 694 and White Bear Ave. Love the look!
Yea I love those tropic green SVT's. Almost bought one, but ended up with silver instead.
Hey Doug, how's it feel to be out of school? Dying to get back yet?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/08/05 12:24 AM
Eh...the real world blows compared to school! Stay in school as long as you can! Boy does a fulltime MBA sound great right about now!
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Eh...the real world blows compared to school! Stay in school as long as you can! Boy does a fulltime MBA sound great right about now!

I see it hasn't taken you too long to realize...

Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/08/05 05:48 AM
Ya got that right James! I want my mommy
Thats exactly why I've "postponed" graduating until next December. My good friend graduated from UW the year and she is miserable cuZ she cant find a job. I like this college gig so I might have to ride it for all its worth.
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/18/05 04:36 PM
I see soooo many svt contours around, especially the plymouth-brooklyn park area. I wish I knew some of them. I like cruising anoka during the summer, it'd be nice to see some them. We usually find someone with a cool car or they like our cars and we sit and talk cars to them. I think that's the most fun. You get to meet a lot of new people. & I did see a really clean silver one in the rogers area going down 94 like 2 weeks ago, it had a bunch of people in it. and to the guys talking about the real world, I don't think it's too bad, but I suppose I'm lucky, I still live at home.
Posted By: ellmers95 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/23/05 08:00 PM
So many cars so little time to see and such a small world as well. I have seen several SVTs in my area of IGH and SSP. I have alot of parts comming for my car now and hopefully I can get my girl looking good. I lost my wife a few months ago so I live at home again with my two boys and attend school full time at night. I drive a distance every night. 60-64 miles round trip depending wich way I go. I go to Hearzing in Crystal MN. I graduate in 11 months now. Need to do what I can while I can after school I am on my own again and the real world strikes. Hopefully I run into some of you guys this summer.

Tony
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/23/05 08:22 PM
Originally posted by ellmers95:
So many cars so little time to see and such a small world as well. I have seen several SVTs in my area of IGH and SSP. I have alot of parts comming for my car now and hopefully I can get my girl looking good. I lost my wife a few months ago so I live at home again with my two boys and attend school full time at night. I drive a distance every night. 60-64 miles round trip depending wich way I go. I go to Hearzing in Crystal MN. I graduate in 11 months now. Need to do what I can while I can after school I am on my own again and the real world strikes. Hopefully I run into some of you guys this summer.

Tony

Im really sorry to hear about your wife. If you need anything or help im not that far away (stillwater)
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/23/05 11:06 PM
Hey ya'll. I live up in Zimmerman and have a toreador red svt with white 17's on it. I have seen a nice silver frost one up in this area and now am seeing a very clean black csvt around the elk river area. Anyone form up in the northern burbs?
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 02/24/05 02:04 AM
Hey SVT8008....post some pics of your ride.....I've got a t-red SVT with white 18's.......love the white wheels on the red!!!

I've got a buddy that lives up in Zimmerman....I may be heading up your way in 3-4 weeks.....we go up there about once every two months to play Hold'em with all his buddies and neighbors, etc....we'll have to hook up or something.

Later.
Originally posted by ellmers95:
I have seen several SVTs in my area of IGH and SSP.

One of them is me, and i can name two other ones with Silver Frost, but mine is the newest one with the Tint all the way around and Window Banner One i don't know if you have seen it Tony, but it has a custom molded hood scoop and you can see it any day off of McArthur Street and 1st Ave. in SSP check it out, i like his hood The other one i know of can be seen usually at Khouri's Restaraunt (off upper 55th) In the back corner cuz it's the manager's car. Some lady but she has a gauge pod, aftermarket grill, tint, chrome acc's, and exhaust that i've noticed.

The other Tony
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/14/05 04:21 PM
The silver svt in zimmerman is my boyfriend's sister her name is Jessica and she just moved to New York in july & took the car with. I have a black 98 svt contour I live in Big Lake so I'm not tooo far from u. plus my boyfriend Rory lives on fremont ave. so maybe I'll see you around sometime. Can I ask who you are? -Denise
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/14/05 05:01 PM
Ya, I noticed that the silver frost svt in zimm was gone. I live in marturano woods by the new elem. school in zimm. It's good to see that there are still some svt's surviving out there in the MN metro. ANyone know a palce who will do custom chops on stock svt exhaust...i have a small hole near the headers and I don't want to replace the whole section.

sean
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/14/05 06:42 PM
yeah I called my boyfriend (Rory) to see if he knew who you were and he helped build your house. He works for Northwoods Plumbing, who subcontracts for Minks Custom Homes. I think you've worked with them on your neighbors house. I think. So yeah that's cool. you should join svtoatc it's really fun. We're part of that club, we have been for like 2 years it's cool.
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/17/05 06:14 PM
it truly is a small world. i used to work for MINKS, it's been over a year now. Does your b-friend work on cars? I always see stuff in the garage over there. I am looking for someone to hack my exhaust...take out a section where the hole is and weld in a new section, and while they are at it remove the res. too. Any takers? what's the deal with this club you are in? where do they meet and how often, I am interested...just don't have a whole lot of time on my hands for my hobbies (3 kids). Anyway, talk to you sooner than later.

Sean
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/17/05 11:43 PM
Well the club meets every third saturday of the month, for instance this saturday, at 3pm at lakeville ford. It's cool, we're also doing a silicon speedway (3rd floor)event at the Mall of America March 26th we have to be there at 2:30 and we're doing 3 races at $8.76 each. You can go to www.svtoatc.com and check out all that stuff too. And to answer the question about my boyfriend... he does everything. We've got 2 four wheelers that him and his friend love to break so he fixes those. & his new duelly he fools around with, and my truck broke a couple times recently. & his lightning he's ALWAYS doing something to. he's done some exhaust work before. He put magnaflow on the lightning and lowered it a little, he had the blower ported, a smaller pulley etc. He does everything himself. besides the porting. I wish I could afford exhaust for my contour but not yet. So I could ask him. or you could stop but sometime when he's out there. He wouldn't mind at all. if you have time you should come to the meeting saturday. You can bring a kid if you want to. It goes from like 3 to 4 & then dinner after. we kind of do a caravan over to where ever, usually somewhere in apple valley. you can ride with us or follow us or whatever. it's really fun. I'm one of 2 svt contours in the group unless on of the ceg guys joined & didn't tell me. but yeah it's cool. so I'll talk to Rory and get back to you about the exhaust. -Denise
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/18/05 12:01 AM
There is a very slim chance I could make it but if I have the opportunity I will definitely try to!
Hey Doug, I might be going as well.... We'll have to see, i'm sure i'll talk to you b4 then. See ya
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/18/05 02:57 PM
that would be really awesome and it would mean ALOT to me if you guys came to MOA or the meeting. so let me know who to look for. -Denise
Ok, i don't think either of us are going to be able to make the meeting today, but maybe next weekend at the MOA Silicon Speedway. Just have to see how it works out.
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/21/05 02:43 PM
well I do hope you all can make it saturday, but you have to let Chris or (dirtybirdy on svtoatc) know by wednesday if you're going to make it. -Denise
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/21/05 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ShortySVTC:
well I do hope you all can make it saturday, but you have to let Chris or (dirtybirdy on svtoatc) know by wednesday if you're going to make it. -Denise

Alright sounds good. Ill have to see what going on for the weekend and get back to you!
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/23/05 12:52 PM
sweet!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/23/05 01:52 PM
Looks like im game for this weekend! Tony you going to hit it up? Gotta register today!
Oh sure, maybe i'll bring a buddy too. I'll have to let them know on the SVTOATC site
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: Wondering who this car belongs to... - 03/25/05 01:24 PM
sounds like a plan, and a good idea!
© CEG Archives