Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MNSVT Dash lights - 08/19/05 05:46 AM
Does anybody else have a problem with seeing thier dash lights at dusk? Mine just aren't very bright. I would like to replace them with led's. Has anyone done this? Let me know if you have details and what the bulb number is for the led replacement.
Thanks,
Jarrod
Posted By: m!key Re: Dash lights - 08/19/05 12:45 PM
is it an svt? when car and driver tested the svt they had very high praise for the car except for two things. they hated the rear seat leg room and they couldnt see the dash lights at dusk.
Posted By: MNSVT Re: Dash lights - 08/19/05 09:59 PM
Yep, it is an SVT. I love the car but this problem is really annoying.
Posted By: Davo Re: Dash lights - 08/19/05 10:41 PM
Isn't dusk only like 20-30 minutes long. How annoying can it be if you can't see your lights for 20-30 minutes?

FWIW, I don't have any problem seeing my dash lights at any time of the day.
Posted By: MNSVT Re: Dash lights - 09/15/05 05:44 AM
I just ordered the glow gauges for my SVT. I hope they work out. I will take some pictures once I get them installed.
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Dash lights - 09/15/05 03:07 PM
All you have to do is turn down the backlight until its dark. Very simple fix. Why fix something that isnt broken?
Posted By: MNSVT Re: Dash lights - 09/16/05 01:01 AM
The problem is the lower left corner of the tach and the lower right of the speedometer are not very bright. It sounds trivial but it bugs the crap out of me.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Dash lights - 09/16/05 01:02 AM
I find this very interesting...

I drove a lot at night on trips with my SVT, and I never had an issue seeing the gauges.
Posted By: MNSVT Re: Dash lights - 09/16/05 11:32 AM
I have replaced all the bulbs. The only thing I can think off is maybe the piece of plastic that sits behind the white face gauge is distorted or something and is not evenly distributing the light across the entire gauge. Who knows, but the fix is on the way.
Posted By: MNSVT Re: Dash lights - 10/06/05 03:22 AM
Got the overlays. They are for an SE dash. they have the 130mph speedometer. If anybody local wants them they can have them. They will not work for my car.
Posted By: G Stone Re: Dash lights - 10/09/05 10:56 PM
Too bad I live in Brainerd, MN, about 4 hours away. I would love to take them off your hands.
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Dash lights - 10/10/05 04:04 AM
Originally posted by MNSVT:
Got the overlays. They are for an SE dash. they have the 130mph speedometer. If anybody local wants them they can have them. They will not work for my car.

Are they reverse glow?? Im interested i have SE
Posted By: ellmers95 Re: Dash lights - 10/10/05 08:28 PM
Here is a quick one for you guys. How the h*ll do you get rid of the green numbers off the speedo?? I want blue or something close to blue and I dont think blue LED's behind the green will work well. lol
Posted By: MNSVT Re: Dash lights - 10/10/05 09:20 PM
They are the ones where the whole face of the overlay glows.
© CEG Archives