Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/23/05 04:21 AM
Hey, just figured i'd give a shout that the 98 SVT with the hood scoop that lives nearby my house in SSP is now for sale! I don't know much about it other than it has a salvage title. The guy did all the body work, he works at ABRA, and thats when he did the hood scoop. It looks pretty nice, i think there are a couple other things that could use fixing up though... I'm not real sure on that or the mileage. If anyone wants to see it, it sits at MacArthur and 1st Ave S in South St. Paul, he's asking $3k
Here's the crappy pic that elmers took a while back
Originally posted by ellmers95:

Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/23/05 07:36 PM
heh, I beat that car on hwy 52 and 494 in my SE! The kid seems like douche bag and I wouldnt doubt the car was beat on pretty badly. However 3K isnt so bad...
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/23/05 07:46 PM
i remember seeing that car for sale wayy back before this owner. id offer him 2k. but i live in FL. someone wanna drive it down for me?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/23/05 08:39 PM
Hell im up for a road trip if the car would make it! and you'd pay me to miss work lol!
Originally posted by XKontour98:
heh, I beat that car on hwy 52 and 494 in my SE! The kid seems like douche bag and I wouldnt doubt the car was beat on pretty badly. However 3K isnt so bad...

Yeah the kid is definitely not cool. I donno if thats the exact one you saw doug cuz the other day i was up at that best buy (on Robert St) in my SVT and i saw one A LOT like his! except it had ugly exhaust like you mentioned a while back and looked pretty roughed up. This guy's exhaust is still bone stock so it kinda makes me think it's not the same one you saw
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/24/05 07:49 AM
Hell im up for a road trip if the car would make it! and you'd pay me to miss work lol!

what do you say if we each put in 1000.00 and you drive it down here then we part the whole car out and double up. if your interested PM me. im not joking.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/24/05 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:

Yeah the kid is definitely not cool. I donno if thats the exact one you saw doug cuz the other day i was up at that best buy (on Robert St) in my SVT and i saw one A LOT like his! except it had ugly exhaust like you mentioned a while back and looked pretty roughed up. This guy's exhaust is still bone stock so it kinda makes me think it's not the same one you saw

Yeah I recall the one I saw had a retarded exhaust! I just didnt think there were any other silver CSVT's with hood scoops in the area let alone MN, maybe he sold the exhaust?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/24/05 10:59 PM
Doug I got an T-Red SVT you can buy for 3grand .

Aaron
Posted By: ellmers95 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/25/05 03:00 AM
God maybe I should pay a little with you guys for the car and get the motor. I spun a bearing in my 2.5 and need a new motor fast!!!!
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/25/05 03:50 AM
if that motor has been run the way people ahve been saying it has i dont think its a good idea to put it in your car.. The better idea would be to part it out get a 3L and put that in there with the money you make off of the car.. Anyone want to go ahead and join me..
Quite possibly. Think he'd take 2500 for it? Do you think that by parting it out you could make a decent profit?
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/27/05 04:39 AM
Hey Andy I got dibbs on it. But if he wants more than me and my partner are offering then you can take it. I know that aquiring an extra parnter would be cheaper and better for us but at the same time I dont think the profit margin would rise. It would be split with more people thus making each one's profit smaller... ECONOMICS BABY!!! Now if my partner cant come through on his half for whatever reason then I would be delighted for you to pay everything half and half to get this thing on the way to FL and so I could start making an inventory and parts list for CEG classifieds and Ebay. I am very good with inventories and strategizing business relations, this is why I am majoring in Business Administration. ill Im you capt. and keep you posted.
im down for buying parts , as long as we dont take it to FL, im already in MN shippings a beotch.

Parts I Want
Body kit
UIM & LIM
Grille
Exhaust
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/27/05 05:56 AM
Originally posted by IWishIHadASVT:
im down for buying parts , as long as we dont take it to FL, im already in MN shippings a beotch.

Parts I Want
Body kit
UIM & LIM
Grille
Exhaust

If I am lucky enough to get this SVT its coming to Fl without a doubt. And if I do become the owner of the car my partner has dibbs on the kit. ellmers95 is already interested in the engine,trans,wiring, ecu. you can call dibbs on the Grille, exhaust. Sorry but im moving fast on this since its not often to come along one of these like this.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/27/05 06:14 AM
Originally posted by svttour:
Originally posted by IWishIHadASVT:

Parts I Want
Body kit
UIM & LIM
Grille
Exhaust

If I am lucky enough to get this SVT its coming to Fl without a doubt. And if I do become the owner of the car my partner has dibbs on the kit. ellmers95 is already interested in the engine,trans,wiring, ecu. you can call dibbs on the Grille, exhaust. Sorry but im moving fast on this since its not often to come along one of these like this.

Fight fight fight fight fight

How bout I beat all of ya all to it and keep everything for myself
j/k
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/27/05 06:19 AM
well Ill let you guys know if im buying it or not in the next few days,, if not by all means go for it.
Posted By: shineySVTfan Re: Anybody looking for an SVT Project? - 06/27/05 04:42 PM
i think i'm going to buy it tomorrow.. have a nice day

jk
© CEG Archives