Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: captainandy15 Cruising on May 30?! - 04/25/05 04:30 PM
Hey all you Twin Cities people! I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up and go for a cruise on Saturday afternoon? I can finally get back to town, and just recently threw some new parts on the old SVT. I would like to meet some of the newer members and maybe meet at the Mall of America, or in St. Paul or Minneapolis. Whatever works for people If anyone can make it let me know.

Also Doug, have you ever changed the spark plugs on your car? I havent, and probably dont have the tools. I'd make it worth your while...
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/25/05 05:04 PM
I'm in assuming nothing comes up. Time/Location....doesn't matter to me....whatever works!! slingersvt
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/25/05 05:26 PM
Originally posted by captainandy15:
Hey all you Twin Cities people! I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up and go for a cruise on Saturday afternoon? I can finally get back to town, and just recently threw some new parts on the old SVT. I would like to meet some of the newer members and maybe meet at the Mall of America, or in St. Paul or Minneapolis. Whatever works for people If anyone can make it let me know.

Also Doug, have you ever changed the spark plugs on your car? I havent, and probably dont have the tools. I'd make it worth your while...

Hells yeah im up for a cruise!

Yeah ive tuned mine up a couple times now! Its pretty easy and I have all the tools. Let me know when you want to do it and Ill see if I can swing it! Sorry I didnt get back to you this weekend I was out of town...
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/25/05 06:04 PM
Yeat that would be great if you could give me a hand putting that stuff in. I got new plugs as well as the ford racing wires. So I'm pretty pumped to get it all in. I can call you on saturday sometime around noon if that works for you?
SO now we need a meeting place and time for the cruise. Any ideas on a route to drive?
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/25/05 08:42 PM
um... i'm in! with some notice of course. Time/place doesnt matter to me either. Except in the later half of the evening i usually end up on University Ave/Porky's cruising.... but that's not til like 8-9 PM with the crowds so anytime before that would be SWEET.
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/25/05 10:21 PM
Excellent! Since it seems that the bulk of those replying are from the southern suburbs, why dont we meet at the Mall of America at 3pm? 3rd floor of the ramp by Macy's is usually pretty dead. We could meet there, go cruise and then maybe get a bite to eat and BS a little bit.
If that DOESNT work for you go ahead and suggest an alternative.
Posted By: elraido Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 01:47 AM
come fix my car instead. Please.
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 02:41 AM
make it sunday and im in for sure
Posted By: elraido Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 02:54 AM
for fixing my car or cruising? HEHE. The cars are only in northern MN...it can be fun. You guys get to drive all day, fix my car, then go home.
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 12:15 PM
I get the drift that you are cruising on Saturday, but May 30th is on Monday. It's Memorial Day (and my b-day). I will be in Chicago until Sunday night, so I couldn't meet up with you guys anyway. I am hoping my 3L will be done by the end of this month, so I can start breaking it in for my B-day. Hope to actually meet you all soon.

Sean
Posted By: DeltarMN Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 01:39 PM
Well, hey if your all meeting up at the MOA why not hit up hooters while your there? The um... burgers are... um ... really good.

But really I would like to meet up with you all again, only things that would hold me back is 1. Have in the taurus finished (yes its been down ever since that last meet in winnona last year...) 2. if im even in town, might be at the cabin.

So yeah, I'll let you all know.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 01:58 PM
I assume you mean April 30th. If you guys would have given me a few more days, I would hae been able to ask for it off, but I have to work till 7 pm Saturday. Maybe if you guys make it down here I'll be in but otherwise, its a no go for me
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
I assume you mean April 30th.

YEA, I'M AN IDIOT! I did mean this weekend, sorry about that. Can anyone still get together? I got a little ahead of myself.
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 03:27 PM
I should be able to......I'll get back to you ASAP.....shouldn't be a problem though.....gotta check with the G/F.....
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 04:44 PM
Oh boy, talk about a slight change of plans Just means i'll have to see what i can do.... maybe i'll be up for the cruise in the PROBE??!!! And i think i work in the morning til like 2ish... otherwise i'll leave early Let me know if anyone has a definite time and place figured out yet.
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 05:37 PM
Redlineracer..did you get your motor from Ebay yet? I noticed that you won the auction from LKQ, that's where I got mine too. What are your plans for the SVT as far as mods go? Mine is in the process of getting put back together, heads are being checked from the 2.5 svt motor and the 3L is all prepped. Should be a couple more long saturday nights and hopefully upa nd running.

take care,

SEan
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 05:55 PM
Does the MOA at 3pm still work? 3rd floor by macy's.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/26/05 06:25 PM
I assume you mean April 30th.

YEA, I'M AN IDIOT! I did mean this weekend, sorry about that. Can anyone still get together? I got a little ahead of myself.

Damn! I cant make it this weekend I am scheduled to be out of town and wont be back til Sunday! I cant make it this weekend but possibly one next month. Sorry guys
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/27/05 05:44 AM
Does the MOA at 3pm still work? 3rd floor by macy's.

I will be there, i think... but it will probably be in my PROBE...
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/27/05 07:13 PM
We can always postpone it, if you havent even got your ride. Plus the weather looks pretty crappy. Should we try for a different weekend?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/27/05 07:28 PM
Sounds like the weather is going tobe pretty crappy for the next 7 days so if you all want to meet in a couple weeks or so that would be cool! Then I could probably make it!

BTW- Andy I am planning on being in Winona on Friday so if you wanted to do your tune-up then I could give you a hand. Let me know so I can bring my tools down.
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 01:24 AM
This Friday?
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 02:04 AM
We can always postpone it, if you havent even got your ride. Plus the weather looks pretty crappy. Should we try for a different weekend?

I'd say this is our best bet, we'd get the best turn-out cuz then we'd all know better than to start a BIG project the week before and everyone could make working arrangements etc. But that's just my opinion and it would work best for me
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 03:46 AM
Should we shoot for the 17th?? if we decide now i can get it off ill still only bring the GL
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 04:05 AM
Originally posted by IWishIHadASVT:
Should we shoot for the 17th?? if we decide now i can get it off ill still only bring the GL

The next 17th I know of is next month and it is on a Tuesday and it is really close to SZ
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 05:29 AM
This Friday?

Yeah this Friday. My SVT has developed an idleing problem and I think its the TPS. So I may be ther working on that! You are still welcome to come and tuneup!

I will be leaving around 6pm though, just an FYI.
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 07:03 AM

The next 17th I know of is next month and it is on a Tuesday and it is really close to SZ

Yeah i got that as a tuesday as well.... maybe the 7th or 14th anybody?
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 03:01 PM
Neither of those dates work for me, finals and moving. So you can count me out on those dates.
Doug- sorry to hear about the SVT, good luck fixing it up though. I wont be able to swing in and help as this friday is going to be quite nuts. Meeting from 8-1, work from 1-10! But I'll catch you one of these days.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 03:36 PM
Neither of those dates work for me, finals and moving. So you can count me out on those dates.
Doug- sorry to hear about the SVT, good luck fixing it up though. I wont be able to swing in and help as this friday is going to be quite nuts. Meeting from 8-1, work from 1-10! But I'll catch you one of these days.

Sounds good, I think its the TPS. Im going to pick one up tonight and hopefully it will solve my problems!

we willhave to get together soon!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/28/05 04:27 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:

Sounds good, I think its the TPS. Im going to pick one up tonight and hopefully it will solve my problems!

we willhave to get together soon!

I hope it does too!!!!

Aaron
Posted By: Nate S Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/29/05 12:00 AM
I get back to minneapolis from school on the 17th, so that wouldn't work for me. the 30th works for me though- would be a nice time to show off the new 3L
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/29/05 02:21 AM
I'm game for that.

Doug keep us informed as to what happened.

Fun story. So as I was putting in my new CAI I looked down and saw a mount of some kind. Went to pull at it, pulled right out! Went to FORD today and they told me it was an upper transmission mount? It was only an F&^$ing bolt, but they wanted about $300 to replace it! Anyone had this problem? I was thinking about heading to the Depot and finding a big washer and a bolt and nut and tossing it in there instead.
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/29/05 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:

Yeah i got that as a tuesday as well.... maybe the 7th or 14th anybody?

yaaa im retarded
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/29/05 01:59 PM
Anyone still plan on meeting if the weather's nice on saturday?
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/29/05 08:15 PM
I'll pm you my cellphone number, and if its nice and you want to get together give me a call.
Andy
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 04/30/05 02:59 PM
so is anybody going to be meeting up today?

turns out the g/f works all day so I'll be out cruising around.....if you guys decide to meet at MOA call me on my cell 612-964-1384...if i don't answer just leave a quick message.

later, slingersvt

p.s. - if we meet wash your cars cuz i'm taking some pics.
Posted By: captainandy15 Re: Cruising on May 30?! - 05/01/05 07:18 PM
no meet. bad weather.
© CEG Archives