Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 00LS5spd door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 03:42 PM
Has anyone put in the Focus or other skid plates for your lower door jamb? I saw some custom ones in the aesthetics thread, but nothing "SVT". What do you guys think, or have you seen them on the SVT Focus?!
Posted By: m!key Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 03:58 PM
give buckshot a PM. i dont know if he still makes those.
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 04:04 PM
I will, thanks. I know that the SVTF has them, yet I can't remember if they say focus on them or not, or if they would even fit the CSVT.

Sean
Posted By: Davo Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 04:49 PM
I've seen them in the Focus and they say SVT, not Focus. They look pretty sharp.

Mike quit being a troll.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 06:11 PM
I make custom ones out of stainless. They say "SVT Contour" for the front set and have your build # on the back set. They go for $185 per set. Below is what they look like with the exception of the small wording on the sides.

If you're interested I've also get an old set of fronts only that say "Contour SVT" on them that were the originals. They're in decent shape, but have some scratches and need the double sided tape removed and new stuff put on. All the finishes are mirror finish with the lettering etched into the steel.

Rick
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 06:19 PM
Those things are SEXY!
Posted By: ShortySVTC Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 06:33 PM
OMG those are the coolest thing ever. I might want a set, I'll let you know soon, I'll have to find out my build # too. Thanks for the pic those are sooo awesome. Denise
Posted By: m!key Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/28/05 10:25 PM
i am the best.
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 12:16 AM
You'd really be the best if you ponied up for a set for all of us!! Those are very nice, I must say...I have to check and see what the SVTF one's go for through FORD and see if they work at all too. Buckshot...how much would you want for those originals, same price or not? Does steeda have anything like that? Pricey I'm sure. Since we are on subject aesthetics...have you all seen the "steeda" oval to replace your front ford oval...kinda sexy, it looks like a long twisty road in the shape of an "S" for Svt as far as I'm concerned.

thanks for pics and such

Sean
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 01:54 AM
I'll pm you on the old set. The SVTF sills do fit and run about $60 for the fronts only and do not have rears available. Steeda does not make a set as far as I know.

Rick
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 03:32 AM
Originally posted by SVT8008:
have you all seen the "steeda" oval to replace your front ford oval...kinda sexy, it looks like a long twisty road in the shape of an "S" for Svt as far as I'm concerned.

thanks for pics and such

Sean

Im interested in seeing these, anyone got a pic?
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 04:28 AM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
have you all seen the "steeda" oval to replace your front ford oval...kinda sexy, it looks like a long twisty road in the shape of an "S" for Svt as far as I'm concerned.

thanks for pics and such

Sean

Im interested in seeing these, anyone got a pic?

I was just looking at a Steeda Focus on Ebay that has that...

linky link

Oh, and those sill plates are hot...
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 02:50 PM
Not a bad looking focus, I still think id rather have an FSVT though!
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 03:21 PM
If you go to steeda.com and type in the search column for "badges" it should pull up the link to check em out. Technically they are for the focus they have both 3.25" and 3.5" for our front grille, and I'm still not sure which one the CST takes. there is also a guy on Ebay who sells a bunch of diff. decals that fit right over the existing oval...you can pick from an array of colrs and some different wording.

good luck
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 06:23 PM

Yeah that's a pretty cool looking focus, sounds like it'd be pretty slow but at least it's got a sweet body kit
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:

Yeah that's a pretty cool looking focus, sounds like it'd be pretty slow but at least it's got a sweet body kit

so they should take an SVT and add the steeda kit no brainer, but probably no buyers either!
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 10:51 PM
I am very tempted to buy a FSVT, but I am holding out for a 5 door (kids) and those are still a bit more spendy. They handle so awesome, like a CSVT...I like the good gas mileage and cheap insurance. What do you guys and gals think of the FSVT?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/29/05 11:43 PM
I am very tempted to buy a FSVT, but I am holding out for a 5 door (kids) and those are still a bit more spendy. They handle so awesome, like a CSVT...I like the good gas mileage and cheap insurance. What do you guys and gals think of the FSVT?

I almost traded my Se in on a Sonic Blue FSVT 5 door! I think the 5 doors are sweet! Im not a fan of the 3 doors they look deformed.

I'd have to drive one to see if id like it enought to buy one. They probably will be cheap enough by that time, providing i dont drop $$ on a new Mazda6 or Legacy Gt.
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/30/05 12:33 PM
sound slike we have the same taste in cars! The new sub. legacy is so nice, sweet lines, and a killer rear end!! Mazda six is nice, but I qould hold out now for the mazdaspeed. I like the 3 too! I think it could look se=weet with a slight body enhancment and some big wheels and tires and lowered a bit. I'm also holding ou for an A4 1.8t quattro or a WRX (01 or 02 decent mileage). it sucks, cuz I work at the auto auction in Maple grove and I see awesome stuff all the time, it's like being at a strip club where you can look but you can't touch!! We have to plan a MN meet in the central twin cities area for may I think!! Any interest? Anyone?!

Sean
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/30/05 04:17 PM
sound slike we have the same taste in cars! The new sub. legacy is so nice, sweet lines, and a killer rear end!! Mazda six is nice, but I qould hold out now for the mazdaspeed. I like the 3 too! I think it could look se=weet with a slight body enhancment and some big wheels and tires and lowered a bit. I'm also holding ou for an A4 1.8t quattro or a WRX (01 or 02 decent mileage). it sucks, cuz I work at the auto auction in Maple grove and I see awesome stuff all the time, it's like being at a strip club where you can look but you can't touch!! We have to plan a MN meet in the central twin cities area for may I think!! Any interest? Anyone?!

Sean

We definitely share the same taste in cars, with the exception of the S4 over the A4. My buddy has a 2004 A4 cabrio witht the V6 and my Se runs necka nd neck with it!

The Mazadaspeed6 will either be a hit or miss depending on the drivablity of it, otherwise I want a car just like James!

I'm waiting for my buddy to buy a new car and I'm going to try and buy his 02 WRX off of him. That way I know its been babied since new.

I am definitely up for a meet at anytime/anyplace. I think last year we had one end of April beg of May. IF the weather keeps up with the way its been, we could have one soon! If we do it in May it would have to be at the beginning as I know someof us are planning on attending SZ.

I used to go to the auto auctions with a Dealer I used to work for. That is a bad place to work! So many sweet cars for so cheap!
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/30/05 09:58 PM
I do agree with you on the S4. If money was not a real object for me, then I would have thrown in a n M3 and an EVO VIII, but as far as affordability goes...FSVT is by far the most bang for your buck aside from maybe a SRT-4 (IMO)! And, on the note of the SE sticking right with the A4, I beleve that without a doubt, but try that in the snow next winter (if he has quattro). You get that point I'm sure...AWD would be nice to have especially if the car ws equally as cool in the summer. Anyway, we will have to plan a meet, see if shorty will be interested. Where are you located? Shorty and I are in the northern burbs.

SEan
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/30/05 11:03 PM
I agree I like the SRT4's even if they are a Neon! My friend has one and its pretty sweet! The A4 cabrio my buddy has is not awd and that surprizes me that I beat the V6 model as the awd would add some weight making the fwd version quicker!

I live in Stillwater so I am all alone over in the Eastern Suburbs. Last year we met at the MOA and down on University Ave. I am thinking we should stick toward the western side of the cities as most people seem to live either north or south of Minneapolis.

Are you plnning on attending the next SVTOA meet? I think its at Porky's! I am going to shoot for that meeting as I wonnt be able to make May's.
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/31/05 06:24 PM
I'm a big fan of the SRT-4's they're a great deal IMO for around 20k new ?!

I'm in Inver Grove, Closer to Doug but on the South East end of town. I usually make it up to University everyweekend so that's the easiest place to find me I'd probably be up for a meet anywhere though if i were invited?

Are you serious they got a meet at Porky's?? I'll definitely be there. I'd probably be there anyways
Posted By: 00LS5spd Re: door jamb skid plates? - 03/31/05 11:03 PM
The seats really hold you in, but I can imagine them getting a little uncomfortable when trying to "spread out" on a longer road trip. I just had one in the auction the other day...a trip to drive and not bad looking to boot.
© CEG Archives