Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I need to get full coverage on it first...then we can give it a good shove. Does anyone want to give me a hand to figure out what is wrong with my car while I am on spring break next week and won't have classes....but I still have to work. I have been told so many different things as to what might be wrong with it, so I don't know were to start.
Well, we don't have any cliffs up here but we could put a rock on the gas and send it 'cross the lake to Canada til it breaks through!
Well there are plenty of mine cliffs 90 miles south of you.
I Would LOVE to watch.... jk, what's going wrong with the car? like a brief description.
When the car sits over night it will start up fine....after it is warmed up and you turn it off and wait about 10 minutes and try to restart, it is hard to restart and there is a smell of gas sometimes. I was told that it might be injectors leaking, stuck open, o-rings or the wires, plugs. I haven't been able to check the plugs because they are on there sooooooo tight and I don't want to break them or stip the threads.
Wow sounds like you got a real mess, are you getting a check engine light?
no light....getting around 25 mpg straight highway driving.
Well depending on how many miles you have, i'd just go with trying to get those plugs out, Cheapest thing to fix and it's probably worth replacing them anyhow? If the wires look old they're also worth replacing in my opinion.
Try searching and posting in the trouble shooting forum. I would bet someone has already delt with it. For some reason I think of the term "vapor lock." Try searching in TS for that.
Yeah he's right, Trouble shooting guys could probably help you out a lot. Most problems have already been fixed before
© CEG Archives