Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Chuchurocket37 Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 11/22/04 03:36 AM
I just watched the local news here in Maplewood Mn, and saw a story on the local racing scene getting busted. And there right in front was a silver svt! The cops wrote an R on the windshield because they had "proof of racing". Then the news reported that all the cars got towed that got busted racing. I'm just hoping the didnt mess up your car if they towed it and glad i wasnt there that weekend. Course i havent been out there for like 4 months.
You beat me to it!
Posted By: DeltarMN Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 11/22/04 02:11 PM
I saw that too. I was wondering if it was some one on here. Hope not.
Might have been Jontour's old car or possibly the one other silver SVT from the TC area that posts on here- Swordz.

rick
Bad news for you guys... That was me I know it was a nice shot of my car though eh? To tell you the truth they got me for "racing" even though i wasn't racing anyone i had to go to court with an attorney to fight it. When i read through my file with him we noticed they gave me the ticket for a 94 Pontiac SLE... with similar licence plate. My plate is HRE-843 the pontiac's was HRE-465 or something so i ended up getting his ticket for reckless and speed. They offered everyone there (except those with extremely bad records ie: theft, previous reckless, dui's, etc.) a petty misdemeanor plea of $300 with much less effect on our records. I was going to settle, but when i saw the pontiac licence plate i decided to fight it. I mean i already paid out $142 just to get my frickin car out of the impound lot in the ghetto midway area. As it stands now my attorney and I are waiting on the "video tapes" that they recorded in evidence against us. Oh and i think i heard 36 cars towed not 28 like fox said
Oh and further on that, I did double check to make sure they didn't mess anything up when they towed it(a whole 2 miles)before i even left the impound lot i mean they had the key and everything.... .... BTW you weren't very far off 4 months ago either this happened a while back at least 2 months ago, i beleive it was early-mid september if i remember right.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 11/22/04 08:59 PM
Damn well I hope you get out of it becaue that is [censored]! What part of the cities are you from?

BTW Swordz doesnt have his SVT anymore he has a sweet SRT4 now.
I'm From Inver Grove Heights, MN and i go to school in River Falls WI. I go to University (mainly Porky's) Every Weekend in the summer. If any of you guys are down there you will probably see me.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 11/23/04 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:
I'm From Inver Grove Heights, MN and i go to school in River Falls WI. I go to University (mainly Porky's) Every Weekend in the summer. If any of you guys are down there you will probably see me.

Sorry man I think I ask you that everytime you post lol. Ill probably see you down on uni this summer.
Posted By: sordz_dup1 Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 11/23/04 10:58 PM
that sucks that you guys all got busted, i didnt even know about that scene and im in the cities alot and on university chillin almost every friday night with friends.

ya sold the svt awhile ago and got the srt4
Posted By: ellmers95 Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 11/24/04 12:01 AM
I am from the IGH area myself. If we all knew where that bad spot is we can all avoid it. I like to cruise and mess around alittle but we need to watch each others backs so there are no more misshaps like that. Hopefully it happens but they are bringing back the old Minnesot Dragways in a new location wich is unknown yet but they have purchased the land and claims it will be within a good distance for local to race at and should be open in spring of 06! Lets hope so we can have fun close to home!! If you are interested in the web it is at Minnesotadragways.com. For those who remember you know what I am talking about for those who don't its a whole new expeirience to look at. I know I am tierd of travelling one to two hours to the closet track!

Tony
So what ever became of that bust? Did you get out of that ticket? I just watched the video, nice shot of your ride? Keep us informed...
Andy
No, I just got a letter back from my attorney yesterday. I still have my second Arraignment set for December 17th. The way it was going to work is when i went to the first one, my attorney and i looked over the file and everything.... saw the mistake they had with the Pontiac SLE, with almost the same license plate. We asked for a flat out dismissal or lower settlement and the stupid city attorney like shot us down. So he (my attorney) then started talking to her (city attorney) to see what we could do. She said that there were video records made, we could stick with our not-guilty plea and just wait for the tapes which she said would be available in about 2 weeks (over a month ago). She said we could review the tapes and still have the settle option @$300 even if i somehow there could've been a car like mine on the tapes. This way i was still at the same place i started except i was supposed to be able to review the "evidence" they have against me. Now turns out i think i am just going to get the shaft. They aren't going to let us review the evidence until after the second arraingment thing. So i can't settle if i plan on pleading innocent. The whole thing ends up basically saying that either i pay the 300 bucks to make them happy, or take a huge gamble on whether i win the real court case or not. If i end up going to court i'm 75% sure i'll lose, because they will just round up some cop there that says he saw a silver car with someone just like me in it. I won't have a chance. I'm going to call my attorney back tomorrow i hope, and see what else he has to offer. I'll keep you posted though
What a crappy deal. They make the mistake and you pay for it...
Originally posted by captainandy15:
What a crappy deal. They make the mistake and you pay for it...

Yeah your telling me, I was so looking forward to buying headers and cat-back exhaust this winter, it might be put off til spring now though
dude sorry to hear, it could have just been me, since I used to have a silver SVT and also live in IGH. What do you do in IGH? I go to IHCC...
I Live with my parents here in IGH, I graduated from Simley last year. I'm going to school in Wisconsin now, i still live here though to save a little $$. That's cool i got a bunch of friends that go to IHCC.
YES!!! Good news, my second court arraignment was cancelled last friday December 17th, The city's case was apparently falling apart, i still think they never had a video or evidence against anyone they were just dragging it out as long as they could to get as many people to settle as possible. So the grand result is they dropped the charges and my case has been dismissed! Finally, now i am only out the $143 dollars that it cost to have my car towed for all the "racing" i did. At least my insurance rates won't triple, only have one speeding ticket on my record
Posted By: carraudio Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 12/19/04 08:11 PM
Thats great news. I found a loophole in a Nebraska law one time (back in 94) They stopped me for drag racing and gave me a ticket for it. I found out that if they give you a ticket for racing they had to stop both people. So they dropped the charges. I got away with it a few other times too.
Posted By: DeltarMN Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 12/19/04 08:21 PM
AWSOME!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 12/19/04 09:57 PM
Congrates man

Aaron
Thats gotta feel good to beat the city. Way to stick it to da' MAN
Posted By: Psymon Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 12/27/04 05:06 AM
congrats on the case dismissal. Dealing with the courts is NO FUN, especially if you ARE innocent, so I'm glad yours turned out well
I was out there at the beginning like right when some people were rolling up. I had my brand new bike out there and wanted to test it out. But there was that weird feeling like it wasnt going to be a good night. Police scanner said it all, when 10-1 comes across the scanner, something was going down.. So I told people and booted. What happened sucked. I got pulled over and questioned about what was down there. No narking here.

I just didn't think it was that big when i left. There were only a few cars down there when I left. What happened happened, but one thing is for sure, street racing won't stop. All the hot shots will lay low for the winter and break out new locations next spring. The cops bust it, everyone moves.
Maybe its my personal opinion, but I bet more trouble and accidents were created as a result of people running from the cops than any ordinary night of street racing.
Why dont the police just offer to SUPERVISE one night a week and shut down some stretch of highway outside of town and let kids race? It would be a great way to make good with the street racing gangs. I just dont get it, like you said, this isnt going to go away. The authorities might as well embrace it for what it is and offer a safe way to control it? If something goes bad, the cops are already around to take care of it. Seems real easy to me.
Just my two cents...

Oh yea congrats on graduating Doug
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 12/30/04 05:11 AM
YEahI have to agree with you on that. It always seems that more people get hurt or in trouble when the cops chase them rather than regulate them.

Thanks btw
Posted By: Blue Goose Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 12/30/04 06:22 AM
Originally posted by captainandy15:
Maybe its my personal opinion, but I bet more trouble and accidents were created as a result of people running from the cops than any ordinary night of street racing.
Why dont the police just offer to SUPERVISE one night a week and shut down some stretch of highway outside of town and let kids race? It would be a great way to make good with the street racing gangs. I just dont get it, like you said, this isnt going to go away. The authorities might as well embrace it for what it is and offer a safe way to control it? If something goes bad, the cops are already around to take care of it. Seems real easy to me.
Just my two cents...

Oh yea congrats on graduating Doug

I know there was some police agency that did supervise the racing scene and also, they let the kids race the squads if they wanted. However, it didn't last that long becuase of the liability. If there were accidents, fights, etc., like there were, then the police agency or city is liable for anything that happens.

There is are many liability issues and different insurance needed for a race strip or even closing a highway. It's too risky. Even though most people are safe, there is always that one dumb sh*t that ruins for everyone else. Look at Red Rock Racing Strip when that was full blown. There were no incidents for like 5 years then within one summer 2 people die from stupidity of spectators. Death is a major liabilty police agencies don't want to bring on themselves.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Silver SVT Spotted on Channel 9 news - 01/10/05 09:19 PM
I havent been to Red Rock Road since Highschool. I didnt know anyone died there. That sucks, it was a perfect place to race.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I havent been to Red Rock Road since Highschool. I didnt know anyone died there. That sucks, it was a perfect place to race.

Yeah the thing that sucks is that they put barriers up so two cars can't fit through them. But oh well, it was a strip for like a few decades I know that. We might have to start racing back on bridges or something! ha
Complete crap. Fight to the end my friend!
© CEG Archives