Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Static SZ 03 - 11/22/03 04:05 AM
ok guys I know I am wasting my time cause you are all gonna say you can go but will end up not going. but lets try to be realistic this time. I KNOW I can go. I want to go but not with out someone else from OK that I am pretty good friends with. IE. james adam stace rich mike roger. any of you guys. rich I told you that you could ride with me up there and so can one other person. its a long drive as it is in Utica Michagian. I think we should all go but thats not gonna happen. we need to get a caravan going on. I am fixing to map quest it and see how many miles it is
Posted By: Static Re: SZ 03 - 11/22/03 04:11 AM
Total Distance: 966.38 miles
Total Estimated Time: 14 hours, 45 minutes

that is from my house guys. I am thinking we are gonna have to double up in cars and take turns driving. or do half of the drive one day and half the other. and the same on the way back. making it like thursday friday saturday sunday monday. thrusday night we leave. stop at a hotel. and pile as many people in to a few rooms as possible. the finish the drive on friday and enjoy SZ for the remainder of the day and all of sat and part of sunday then leave hit another hotel and finish the drive on monday. I dont know about you guys but me and stace drove for 12 hours going to WI and we were hauling ass. if we go below 85 on this trip that is going to be a pretty dead on time above. I personaly would not like to be in the car that long nor be driving for even close to that long. I know we all will have some vacation days comming up from work and everybody will be out of school so lets make it happen
Posted By: Keith W_dup1 Re: SZ 03 - 11/22/03 05:09 AM
You mean '04?
Posted By: Static Re: SZ 03 - 11/22/03 12:41 PM
yup I mean 04
Posted By: Zum Re: SZ 03 - 11/22/03 07:45 PM
we all know this is the only forum i read. can you post details please. I may hitch a ride with someone there, i dont want to take the coug there and then turn around and take it back to indy.

give me some details.
Posted By: White99SE Re: SZ 04 - 11/24/03 02:30 PM
Spring Zing '04 Details

I actually went so far as to check the distance too. I would love to go and meet some of these people and see their cars, but I don't really see a way I can make it. I don't have enough vacation time (already reserved for other things), my wife would have little interest in going, and I wouldn't really want to take that big a trip without her. To be honest, I haven't talked to her about it, but I pretty much know what the answer would be. But I'm not gonna say "no" right away, stranger things have happened, but it's pretty doubtful.
Posted By: White99SE Re: SZ 04 - 11/25/03 01:54 PM
Well I talked to my wife last night and as I suspected, she has no interest in riding 14 hours with 2 small kids to go to a car meet. HOWEVER... she has no problem with me going without her. If we leave Thursday after work I would only need Friday and Monday off. I can swing that. I'm not saying "yes" definitely, but this is starting to look promising!
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: SZ 04 - 11/25/03 02:21 PM
When: May 20 - 23, 2004
Where: Metro Detroit, Michigan (Utica, MI near M53 & M59)
I wanna go! I can plan for this... it's far enough in advance. Besides, I was watching some of the old sz vids lastnight and it got me extremely inspired in this car again. not that I ever wasn't... LOL Plus it looks to be A LOT of fun.
Posted By: Static Re: SZ 04 - 11/25/03 03:29 PM
well I want to go as well. I can easily get those two days off. I am suprised the TexASS people havent chimed in yet. this post is for all of South Central
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: SZ 04 - 11/25/03 09:34 PM
Well if all things fall into place I will be able to go. I'm either going to start getting fridays and saturdays off or saturdays and sundays off for the rest of the time I work at wal-mart. So that means I would only need to take like 2 or 3 days off of actual work days, I figure I would only need about a week for this whole event, this is on the weekend isn't it?????? If it is then I can go as well.
Posted By: White99SE Re: SZ 04 - 11/26/03 12:18 AM
It's May 20-23 which is a Thu. thru Sun. Cody had proposed leaving Thursday after work which would put us in Friday afternoon. My only concern is what will we be missing in the first day and a half. But we'll have to wait till they come out with the schedule of events to find that out. And yes, I've pretty much decided I'm going! I've got the wife's blessing and I can swing the vac. days. I think the only thing that would stop me now is if no other OK (or SCCEG) people were going. Couldn't handle that long a drive without a caravan!
Posted By: Zum Re: SZ 04 - 11/26/03 01:04 AM
Who wants a passenger???????????????????
Posted By: Static Re: SZ 04 - 11/26/03 04:13 AM
you can ride with me if you want
Posted By: Zum Re: SZ 04 - 11/26/03 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Big Poppa:
you can ride with me if you want

Fo sho
Posted By: Static Re: SZ 04 - 12/09/03 10:51 PM
ok so have we all decided that we are gonna go unless something else comes up that we cant miss. I relise this is a long time off but that seems to be the only way to do things around here. also if this could be made a sticks that would be great
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: SZ 04 - 01/07/04 05:51 PM
I know I'll be heading there from Des Moines which is right about 7 hours from Tulsa if you want to come this way and stay here overnight rather than drive the whole thing in 1 day. Priceline can usually find hotel rooms for $25 a night. I'm guessing Brad Noon might be heading out from here as well and we usually team up with the Nebraska guys as well so we'd have a pretty good caravan. If we do it the same as last year we hit Chicago and grouped up with that bunch and rolled into SZ with over 30 cars.

Rick
Posted By: White99SE Re: SZ 04 - 01/09/04 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
last year we hit Chicago and grouped up with that bunch and rolled into SZ with over 30 cars.

That would be a sweet caravan! I'm thinking this would be a good idea!
Posted By: lsneo Re: SZ 04 - 01/09/04 05:27 PM
im gonna try to go. eric, suneil.....
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: SZ 04 - 01/27/04 08:11 PM

RIGHT ON! YALL C'MON UP.
Posted By: Static Re: SZ 04 - 01/28/04 01:29 AM
I want to go thats for sure
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: SZ 04 - 02/15/04 10:35 PM
Ok who all is still planing to go??? I want to go, but I want to make sure there are going to be some other OKCEGers going to share hotel cost with. I'm pretty sure james doesn't want to go,which is a total bummer it won't be the same without him. So who else is going to go so I can figure out if I need to reg or not.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: SZ 04 - 02/16/04 12:50 AM
I don't want to use my time off to drive 16 hours or put a ton of more miles on my car... I want to go but it's not practical for me right now....
Posted By: White99SE Re: SZ 04 - 02/16/04 05:51 PM
I am. I started a new thread like a roll call.

clicky
© CEG Archives