Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mr. Ed_dup1 Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/15/03 07:19 PM
Okie Dokie....I now am a the proud owner of an '01 Zx3.

It's black, with black interior.
mtx ztec. It needs tires but I am trying to convince the dealer that they are putting them on. I have noticed that there ar e a few bugs but it cam with a warranty so hopefully I can get those taken care of. I'll have pics soon.

I would just like to thank Chris and Kelly for driving me around so that the bull didn't die on me. And Aaron, I appreciate the advice you gave. Carmax had no probs with buying the Taurus. Everyone else...smile. Today is a happy day. (so is tomorrow, so smile then too)
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/15/03 09:51 PM
Cool! We were happy to help.
Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/15/03 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Ed:

mtx ztec. It needs tires but I am trying to convince the dealer that they are putting them on. I have noticed that there ar e a few bugs but it cam with a warranty so hopefully I can get those taken care of. I'll have pics soon.

I would just like to thank Chris and Kelly for driving me around so that the bull didn't die on me. And Aaron, I appreciate the advice you gave. Carmax had no probs with buying the Taurus. Everyone else...smile. Today is a happy day. (so is tomorrow, so smile then too)

Hey, I recommended one to you, too, and I got no props I'm glad you ended up with something you liked, is practical, will last you for years to come, and has a warranty to boot (which is a necessity on Ford's). You'll have to give me a ride in that sometime

Tim
Posted By: Mr. Ed_dup1 Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/16/03 01:03 AM
Sorry bud..I didn't mean to leave you out Tim. I thank ya sir..and once angain..Chris and Kelly...thank you soooooooo much. your next Keller's meal is on me! I can say this..I will never ever forget that poor 95 out there in arlington
i'm tempted to take him 100 bucks and try and get it! lol

talk to ya soon.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/16/03 03:00 AM
Chris and Kelly...thank you soooooooo much. your next Keller's meal is on me!

Where was this offer when we went there for dinner tonight?

I can say this..I will never ever forget that poor 95 out there in arlington

I'm trying to.

i'm tempted to take him 100 bucks and try and get it! lol

Still a rip off!
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/16/03 05:08 AM

Awesome man. Congratulations.

I hope it works out REAL well for you.

My BURB is back in the shop with another $500 in repairs. Steering gear...

Let me know when you are free man. Seriously...
Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/16/03 07:35 AM
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:

Awesome man. Congratulations.

I hope it works out REAL well for you.

My BURB is back in the shop with another $500 in repairs. Steering gear...

Let me know when you are free man. Seriously...

Ah, were you the one driving that debadged-grill Civic with those cool blue gauge cluster lights back at the June meet ?

Tim
Posted By: Mr. Ed_dup1 Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/16/03 11:52 AM
I'll be off next wed and thursday as long as nothing changes. sorry to hear about the burb..i noticed a few of that guys cars on auto trader and i stayed away! lol
talk to ya soon.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/16/03 04:31 PM
Change your sig, man!

Let the free mods begin!
Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/17/03 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
Change your sig, man!

Let the free mods begin!

hehe.. that little ASCII bit in your signature looks like a CSVT. You should put the Mirko splitter on it.
Posted By: Mr. Ed_dup1 Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/17/03 02:40 AM
free mods?????? what free mods!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigexhaust/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/926.htm

or

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigexhaust/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/544.htm

and

http://www.myfordperformance.com/cgi-local/focus/shop.pl/SID=1066272562.27945/page=product.html/product=3865

Hey Chris..did you realize that a duratec will fit in her? I sure as heck didn't know that.

Long term goals are great. Too bad I have to wait forever before doing anything!! So what's everyone up to this weekend. I want to show it off! lol

The car has been great so far. the tires are bugging me. I am still trying to get reaquainted with the stick. And it's hard not speeding. Dome light doesn't come on when the doors open and the hatch release button doesn't work from inside the car. Have to use the remote. Oh and my brother says the engine sounds funny. But hey, he's got a v8 so who knows.

bAILEY SAID hELLO EVERYONE!
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/17/03 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Tim:

Ah, were you the one driving that debadged-grill Civic with those cool blue gauge cluster lights back at the June meet ?

Tim

Yep, that was me...

Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: Z x Wheeeeeeeeeeeee - 10/17/03 10:42 PM
free mods?????? what free mods!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigexhaust/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/926.htm

or

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigexhaust/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/544.htm

and

http://www.myfordperformance.com/cgi-local/focus/shop.pl/SID=1066272562.27945/page=product.html/product=3865

Hey Chris..did you realize that a duratec will fit in her? I sure as heck didn't know that.

Long term goals are great. Too bad I have to wait forever before doing anything!! So what's everyone up to this weekend. I want to show it off! lol

The car has been great so far. the tires are bugging me. I am still trying to get reaquainted with the stick. And it's hard not speeding. Dome light doesn't come on when the doors open and the hatch release button doesn't work from inside the car. Have to use the remote. Oh and my brother says the engine sounds funny. But hey, he's got a v8 so who knows.

bAILEY SAID hELLO EVERYONE!

I'm doing nothing. BTW, there are a lot of different types of motors that will fit within the Focus platform with a little elbow grease. A lot of people consider Duratec 2.5L V6 or 3.0L V6 conversions, since it bolts to the same MTX-75 tranny, however some figure that if you're going to do a swap anyways you might as well just take the drivetrain out of an old Mustang 5.0 and modify it to fit inside of a Focus.

http://www.atimotorsports.com

In addition, some models of the 2004 Focus (ZX5 I believe) come with a Duratec already--in its lower displacement 4 cyllinder form. The 2.3L PZEV Duratec is catching on with Focus enthusiasts, since it's basically a detuned engine from the factory that takes well to basic mods (induction, less restrictive exhaust). Maybe you should consider joining up with the focaljet.com crew as well

Tim
© CEG Archives