Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: svttour2008 South East Texas Meet! - 08/08/03 04:45 AM
Every one thats close to Houston, Baytown, Clear Lake, and surrounding areas Needs to speak up on this post so we can arrange a meet in the near future. Us guys dont ever do anything and are slacking behind in the CEG Meet ratio, I mean lets really get this thing rolling No Telling how big our meets could become. So lets hear it, whos' up for it.

We could meet In Baytown in the mall parking lot right off garth road, plenty of parking space there. and its were I work,lol, Sears Auto Technicians rule :P
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/08/03 05:03 PM
Here's my problem. My days off are Thursday and Friday. And my hours are 3p-11p, so I don't get off of work until after 11pm on weekends. I can not use any sick or vacation days because I just used about all of it due to surgery (past two weeks ) and my wife is pregnant (again ), so I need to save what I can.

But if you all are interested, there are a couple of large meets in and around Houston throughout the week. One of those would be a good spot to meet because everyone could get to know everyone, and you all can walk around and check the other rides out. If it's just two or three CEG'ers, after a while, everyone while run out of things to say and it'll be kinda awkward. Won't happen at a larger meet.

Or we could meet on a Friday .

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/08/03 06:55 PM
Well, I'm game for anything, like I ALWAYS say, it comes down to schedules. So, I know Eric works like mad crazy in the evenings, so that's out, and he only gets Thursday and Fridays off. You guys want to plan something on a Thursday night?? How about next Thursday??

I'd prefer to meet in the loop, but I realize that's not reasonable or easy for everyone. We could hit like Bennigan's off of 610 near the dome?

I'm sure Isneo is down for it, he's been trying to get us all together for ages.

Eric-surgery? You ok??

well, ttt, let's get this going. . .oh yeah, if it's a couple of CEG'ers, who cares, eventually as we get to know each other, things will liven up. . .we can have BBQ's and crap. Hire bikini models to wax our cars hehe,

Suneil
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/09/03 12:38 AM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Eric-surgery? You ok??

Yeah, thanks. Apparently, my appendix decided it didn't want to be a part of me anymore. Didn't rupture or anything, but it had to come out. I'm all good now, except I'm out of sick and vacation time .
Posted By: h_town_contour Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/10/03 12:27 AM
someone pick a time and place, I'll try and be there.
Posted By: btramm_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/10/03 01:43 AM
let me know. Eric will tell you I always show up.
Posted By: lsneo Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/10/03 04:54 AM
shiznits,ahh i think i can make it on thursday. But not so sure about the food thing, maybe something like at a park so we can snap some pics and have a picnic or somethin. I am off on wednesday and thursday but on wednesday i have to go to ITT so i guess thursday would be fine. But plz dont say that you are going and then dont show up, the only person ive seen is eric and that was at baytown. Also eric if you want i can take my camcorder and show you your runs from that night, i think i got most of them. About that apendix, BE A MAN, you should have just rip your skin with your bare hands and pull that mofo out, just make sure you put a bandaid on it.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/11/03 07:36 PM
A park or whatever is fine. . .there is an obscure parking lot between N.McGregor and Holcombe off of Almeda, it's right next to Herman park and the bayou. There's a little picnic area we can just sit at and shoot the sh%t. Usually there are ambulances parked there. I don't figure more than 4 of us will show, so there's enough room for 4 contiques.

Sounds like everyone is on for Thursday, I can be there between 6-7pm and just hang and wait there. I was going to wash my car, but since it's rained EVERY FR&KIN's day, I've given up. . .at least it ain't 200F out side anymore.

Post your phone numbers here so if one of shows up first and someone is lost or confused, they can give directions.

My cell is (713)851-4028.

Suneil (pronounced sue-neil so y'all will know)
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/11/03 08:02 PM
Hey guys i'm suppose to get my car back sometime this week hopefully before thursday and i'm dying to drive it again so i might be able to make it downthere. dono for sure yet though but directions would help out alot. So hopefully i can see you guys there
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/12/03 01:27 AM
Um, so, um, are we talking this Thursday, or A Thursday? I'm free this Thursday. Evening is good. Especially because the freaking heat in the afternoon will keep bringing showers all week. Usually dissipates by the evening. Usually.

Anybody else down for this week? If not, we could still plan for a different week, but I can still meet some of you all this Thursday.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/12/03 04:07 PM
Yes, I'm down for this thursday, are we game for that picnic park area I described in the last post off of Almeda??

Suneil
Posted By: svttour2008 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/13/03 03:22 AM
damn so I post this then a basketball goal falls on my car n [censored]. No but seriosly I might be in a rental but I will try to make it, my car will be getting some body work done starting tomarrow!!!!
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/14/03 01:55 AM
Awww this is crap. The first meet remotely close to me and I am just hearing about it. I really wanna do some of these CEG meets. I live in Lake Charles Louisia. Oh well
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/14/03 02:33 AM
Don't worry. We can always plan a really good one. Right now it looks like a very small gathering to say what's up.
Posted By: lsneo Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/14/03 02:37 AM
alright so whos in, where we meeting? eric or smuch call me to see whats up, 713-467-3315 or 832-654-5870 ask for julio.
Posted By: Ne0z1n0wNLee Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/14/03 02:24 PM
today's the day? who's going? what time? where we meeting?
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/14/03 02:33 PM
I'm in, I think we planned it tentatively around 6pm, or at least I'll be there around then and waiting. . .

WHERE IS IT?
Well, there is a little park alcove area off of Almeda in the Med Center between N. MacGregor and Holcombe Ave. It's adjacent to Herman Park. Nobody posted a different location that I suggested, so I guess it's there for now. Julio, I'm writing your number down, I'll give you a call after work to see if you're still in and can meet.

My car is a mess right now with all the rain, I might run it by a car wash if you guys think we'll take pictures. We can go down the street to Herman Park Golf to take some pic's, they have a fairly large parking lot that could accomodate all 4 of us. . . . . . .
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/14/03 02:37 PM
Eric-
You still at 832-372-7980??

I have your number from a PM ages ago (when I was supposed to go to the tranny shop near your mom's house, but didn't end up going or something) . . .

So far looks like Me, Julio, and Eric. . .any other takers?? Post your phone number if you're coming so we can communicate if someone gets lost. . . or something. . .

Suneil
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 04:01 PM
Yeah, that's my cell number.

I'm trying hard to figure out what park this is. I'm familiar with the area, so finding it is no problem for me. Is the park pretty cool for taking pics? If not, we could also go over to Buffalo Bayou. I've taken a lot of pics over there. I'm bringing my camera and I'm taking pics, dirty or clean . My car has been in the garage, so besides a little dust, it should be decent (with our weather, it'll probably rain on the way over there and stop when I get there).

I'll probably be there around 630PM. I have a little girl, so I have to wait for my wife to get home from work before I leave. I'm riding solo, though.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 04:13 PM
Eric-
Let's meet there and we'll all follow you from there. It's hard to miss, this little alcove thing. Coming from 288, exit MacGregor going towards Herman Park/Medical Center (which is west), and then hook a left on Almeda, drive up like a .75 miles, it's on the right. . .to be honest, I've only SEEN people there, I've never actually just gone there, so let's just use it as a meeting place.

Yeah, I have to go run my car through a wash or something if we're taking pics, daily driver abuse 6:30 is fine, I'll call everyone this afternoon and get an eta so I don't pick my butt for too long. . .
Posted By: lsneo Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 04:23 PM
alright ill try to find my way there. smuch can u send me your # in case i get lost?
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 04:42 PM
Originally posted by lsneo:
alright ill try to find my way there. smuch can u send me your # in case i get lost?

Quote:

My cell is (713)851-4028.

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 07:15 PM
Ok guys and gals,
I went at lunch to check out this little park area, I gave y'all correct directions, it's more towards the Holcombe side than the N. MacGregor side, so be on the look out. It's RIGHT across from the LAST turn around if you're going towards Holcombe on Almeda coming from MacGregor.

There are ALWAYS ambulance's parked there, but there should be enough parking, and we can go somewhere from there, since Eric knows all the Hotspots in Houston

I'll call all those that have given numbers to confirm, hope to see any of the rest of you there, and we'll start planning more things like this in the future.. . .

Suneil
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 08:20 PM
Man, put me on the spot for knowing the good spots. Too much pressure for me. My mind is going blank now.
Posted By: lsneo Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 08:46 PM
hows memorial park? plenty of parking and easy to spot.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 09:11 PM
Memorial is good. Especially the side opposite of the running track. The mountain biking side. Lots of space. But I don't know if it's too late.

Who all is going? If just you and Suneil, we could call him up before he goes to Med Ctr. (even though I believe he's from that area).
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Small meeting today, 08/14/03 - 08/14/03 09:25 PM
so, for anyone that has left a phone number, since it's like 4:30pm, I'm assuming y'all won't make it.

IF YOU DO DECIDE TO COME, call me at 713-851-4028

If you live North,
take 45 or 59South to 288S,
exit MacGregor and take a RIGHT
Take your first LEFT on Almeda.

Go up like a .75-1miles and the park think is on the RIGHT, just before Holcombe Ave.

Hope to see y'all there!!!

Suneil
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/15/03 03:51 PM
For all of you that didn't make it, we had TONS OF FUN!!!

Lots of stories, lots of pictures (of course my I left my digi camera battery at home, otherwise I would've posted pics), and good times. . .we're planning a track meet next time for everybody, so we can all get some .25mile slips to show off. . .

Thanks for showing up to all that did, and I hope those that didn't will come next time. Isneo, post those pics and vid's man!!! (hey-if you need web space, I have like 60mb's available to host, so send 'em to me at Suneil.S.Malhotra@uth.tmc.edu)

Suneil
Posted By: Ne0z1n0wNLee Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/15/03 07:47 PM
suneil man i only got one pic out, my batteries went dead 2. Eric has most of the pics, still waitin for him to put them up. thx for the webspace suneil but i have my own personal server at home with an 80 gig harddrive devoted to web space.

LSNEO *on girls comp*
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/15/03 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Ne0z1n0wNLee:
80 gig harddrive devoted to web space.

LSNEO *on girls comp*

DAMN, I'm going to send you MY pics to host . . . let's see those vid's from Julio then, k?

I'll pester Eric for the pics. . .

Have a good weekend
Posted By: lsneo Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/16/03 03:26 AM
sure man when ever you need some hostin just tell me. right now the url is lsneo.no-ip.org.
Posted By: lsneo Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/18/03 04:36 PM
dang it eric post those pics.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/18/03 06:08 PM
Hehe. I'll have them up later today. I kept leaving my camera at work.
Posted By: lsneo Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/20/03 10:05 PM
2 days later
Posted By: h_town_contour Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/22/03 04:51 AM
4 days later, still nothing.
Posted By: lsneo Re: South East Texas Meet! - 08/22/03 07:06 PM
i talked to him yesterday, ahh he's bussy workin and pullin doubles.someday he will put them up.....someday.
© CEG Archives