Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: rylee44 I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 03:03 AM
It's been 3 cold ass days, 2 semi-warm ones. Outside on the carport, from 10am-6pm every day since Wednesday. After much frustration and bleeding, I thought the day would never come, but it did. It is finished and hauling A$$!!!
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 03:14 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooo. you go boy. strut that stuff lol. well I am glad it went well and its done. now maybe to can head to OKC with me on friday.
Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 03:15 AM
Is there an SVT shop in Tulsa? I need some computer adjusting...
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 03:17 AM
haha me and james were just talking about that today. we though you might. you can take it to one in OKC if you want to "roll out" there with me this friday. but there is none in tulsa. they might be able to do it at any ford dealership but I dont know
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 03:29 AM
ryan check your PM's
Posted By: Zum Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 04:16 AM
So when do i get a ride???
Hey;

wanna help me swap my engines?

Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 04:27 AM
hahahahahah..... No.
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 04:50 AM
oh you to see that happen
Not even for free beer and BBQ, and like 5 other SCCEGers?

Sheesh.
Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 01:27 PM
Well I might come up there and assist you

Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 02:15 PM
Ryan, if you need the computer reflashed, come down on friday and we'll take it to Reynolds Ford in Norman. They are the only SVT authorized dealer in OK and they will be able to do a reburn.

So, are we going to attempt to do the engine swapping this Sat? I got a morning meeting w/ my recruiting officer at 10 but I will be free anytime after 11ish.
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/02/02 04:34 PM
I gotta be at work that night but after at 11:30 so I got a lot of time on sat
I am still waiting for the paperwork to get here (damn FedEx), and it is schedueled to be here on Wednesday. Along with that paperwork, is the original dealer report of what exactly is wrong with the motor. I will let everyone know sometime Wednesday/Thursday.

Last night, my dad and I tried cranking it over. Starter couldn't turn it. Siezed!

rylee44 :

how hard is it to remove/install an engine? Just reading the Haynes manual makes me want to cry....since you just recently uninstalled/reinstalled a duratech, you are the greatest thing since sliced peanut butter.

Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/03/02 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Scoriox:
rylee44 :

how hard is it to remove/install an engine? Just reading the Haynes manual makes me want to cry....since you just recently uninstalled/reinstalled a duratech, you are the greatest thing since sliced peanut butter.

It's pretty difficult, tedious, and well yes, it's hard... I'll be able to help, but i dunno if im gonna have enough gas money, kinda stretched for cash after I did a $3k swap...

Only SVT dealer in OK? Not true. Every Ford of Tulsa is an SVT dealer. After 20minutes on the phone, and 18 transfers, they sent me to Ford of Tulsa East, North, then West. Assholes. After much frustration and cussing, I finally found the guy I was looking for, called his manager an [censored] to his face, then went back to the shop and got the PCM flashed... took 25mins, now the ECu says it's a 2000 Contour HO MTX... heheheh... The infamous CEL is Gone, muahahah!!!
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/03/02 02:48 AM
damnit ryan you are comming you can ride with me up there but you are freaking coming. and check your PMs
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/03/02 03:01 AM
Sorry, just going by what I read on their site a while back...
I can get you gas money, no worries with that.

Do you think its possible to get it done in a day, with several helpers?
Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/03/02 03:41 AM
I SEVERELY doubt it.. do you have an indoor shop?
I wish....no just a driveway and a 2 car garage.

Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/03/02 04:23 AM
Guessing 3days at the least...
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/03/02 07:02 AM
Originally posted by rylee44:
Guessing 3days at the least...

Man that is going to be along project if that will take three days with all of us there.
Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/03/02 11:08 PM
I dunno, It was just me and my dad working on ours. Be sure to get the driveshaft removal tool!
Bring yours! Not sure if Saturday is workable, seeing the ass weather we have at the moment.

I will advise.
Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 01:23 PM
I'll see if I can borrow it from the Ford dealership on Friday. Saturday is supposed to be clear and semi-warm
Posted By: Zum Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 01:39 PM
ryan, its about time you bring your kitty around.....im tired of waiting.......... ............its supposed to be good weather from here on out.......
Posted By: Zum Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 03:29 PM
well i thought good weather......all of the sleet turned to snow, but hopefully it wont freeze.....could get nasty.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 04:57 PM
Sat weather looks good.
Saturday, around 10amish, the "party" shall begin!

Didn't get the dealer report, so we will be doing swap a swap, instead of diagnosis.

So we are borrowing the tool from ford, who has a ford shop manual on CD? I have a haynes.

Bring tools if you think we need them; I have alot, metric and standard, but if you do bring your own, be sure to keep track of them.

Anyways, see you all Saturday!
Oh! Does anyone have an engine hoist, or should we rent one?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 05:43 PM
MOre than likely have to rent. I have a meeting at 10 in norman w/ my recruiting officer, and static is probably going to have to come w/ me so we won't be able to get there until after 11ish.
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 06:00 PM
hmm i guess i am going to go with james
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 06:21 PM
ryan so are you going to come or not. I am going to leave here at 2:15 if your not comming so you need to let me know
Posted By: rylee44 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 10:37 PM
yes i am... this car is about 99% metric man... Mostly sockets, air ratchet, and every now and then impact wrench... every size torque wrench... I dunno if my Ford place will let me borrow that tool again, because they're putting a tranny in a mystique Friday at around 12:00... I also have the Ford CD (hehe, Ford place told me to go burn a copy of it)
Posted By: Static Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 11:06 PM
ryan do you have an FRS radio??? If not let me know and I will get my other one back from my friend so we can talk on the drive up
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I never thought the day would come... - 12/04/02 11:41 PM
FRS what??? <----- outdated... cellphones man, cell phones... LOL j/k
© CEG Archives