Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: louisw_dup1 my tint failed inspection - 08/05/06 07:10 PM
it's 18% film, but guess the factory solar tint pushed it over. anyone have a hookup?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/05/06 08:08 PM
Yeah... take it somewhere else.

Which tint area failed? side fronts?

Roll the windows down completely, remove the power window fuse, and your windows are "stuck" down.

It ain't illegal to have broken windows (stuck down), its only illegal to have tint that is too dark.

REAR glass and rear sides can be any percentage you want.

only thing that could have failed you that you can't avoid is a front glass strip.

Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/05/06 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
Yeah... take it somewhere else.

Which tint area failed? side fronts?

Roll the windows down completely, remove the power window fuse, and your windows are "stuck" down.

It ain't illegal to have broken windows (stuck down), its only illegal to have tint that is too dark.

REAR glass and rear sides can be any percentage you want.

only thing that could have failed you that you can't avoid is a front glass strip.

yeah, side fronts. that's a great idea though, haha.

the inspector was nice about it, he didn't charge me the fee because he noticed the tint right away.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/05/06 11:53 PM
Originally posted by louisw:
it's 18% film, but guess the factory solar tint pushed it over. anyone have a hookup?

Is this a hookup to have the inspection redone or the tint redone?

If it's to get the inspection done without having the tint checked....then...

Isn't it wrong to ask a question like this on CEG? About getting something done illegally?

If I remember correctly, weren't we just all over somebody for asking how to go about adjusting his odometer?

Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/06/06 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Woodencross:

Isn't it wrong to ask a question like this on CEG? About getting something done illegally?

If I remember correctly, weren't we just all over somebody for asking how to go about adjusting his odometer?

save the lecture. rolling back the odo is a felony. noncompliant tint is at worst a fix-it ticket.

but as you pointed out, the question is open to interpretation so the point is moot. read it how you like...
Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/06/06 06:01 AM

save the lecture. rolling back the odo is a felony. noncompliant tint is at worst a fix-it ticket.

but as you pointed out, the question is open to interpretation so the point is moot. read it how you like...

Okay...my interpretation...
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/06/06 06:11 AM

But asking for a hookup on where to get an illegal inspection....

An illegal inspection...

Yeah, I think they are the same thing. And it's pretty obvious what you are asking about...

In fact, you should check out this site...

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/

And check out this one piece of it...

It's amazing that the little things you don't think are illegal are actually a big issue in Texas.

FWIW, Louis is an Eagle Scout and would never do something like what you are implying. He actually PM'ed me to see if I knew of a tint shop that could help him with his inspection problem.

Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/06/06 06:40 AM
Guess you didn't notice that I deleted what you quoted because it didn't need to be said...

Oh well...
Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/06/06 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Hightower GT:
FWIW, Louis is an Eagle Scout and would never do something like what you are implying. He actually PM'ed me to see if I knew of a tint shop that could help him with his inspection problem.

I'm way better looking than that guy, here's a more recent photo..
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/07/06 02:16 AM

Sexay! Is that... Blue Steele?
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/07/06 02:28 AM
I think the issue is on the point of the law. We depend on correct odometer readings as a form of basic consumer protection. A tint that is a hair too dark does not harm anyone.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/07/06 03:53 AM
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
I think the issue is on the point of the law. We depend on correct odometer readings as a form of basic consumer protection. A tint that is a hair too dark does not harm anyone.

The law is the law is the law. We may not like it, we may disagree with it, but it doesn't mean we should be skirting it. There are ways to change it if you don't agree with it. And there are reasons we have tint laws. What are they? Not my area of speciality.

BUT, as was said, the question was open to interpretation...

Heck, this doesn't even mean I haven't done things to do so. Anyway, the question was open to interpretation...
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/07/06 05:58 PM

as was said, the question was open to interpretation...

Anyway, the question was open to interpretation...

So, is the question open to interpretation?

I think it was answered by Louis and myself several posts ago. I wonder if they have Eagle Scout cookies? Louis? Herro?

If not, we could just use this to make some. Mad Money, Yo!!!

Posted By: Kokopellian Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/07/06 08:22 PM
This thread has become illegal.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/08/06 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
This thread has become illegal.

Man, it was illegal the moment it was started...
Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/08/06 03:36 AM
The law is the law is the law. We may not like it, we may disagree with it, but it doesn't mean we should be skirting it. There are ways to change it if you don't agree with it. And there are reasons we have tint laws. What are they? Not my area of speciality.

laws are guidelines. they are not perfect because their creators are not perfect. they exist to protect the dumb and naive from themselves.

Resistance is an expression of protest down the path towards change. Therefore, I'm just doing my part.

for more dumb laws...
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/08/06 06:43 AM
for more dumb laws...

AHHHHH hahahaha!!! That's great! I especially liked this one: Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

Posted By: Hightower GT Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/08/06 02:28 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
for more dumb laws...

AHHHHH hahahaha!!! That's great! I especially liked this one: Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

"I enthusiastically promote the use of six dildos! All at once for maximum effect!" Hilarious.

In Dallas, they have to be called "Cake Toppers" or "Novelty Toys", or so I hear.

-C
Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 01:01 AM

laws are guidelines. they are not perfect because their creators are not perfect. they exist to protect the dumb and naive from themselves.

Resistance is an expression of protest down the path towards change. Therefore, I'm just doing my part.

for more dumb laws...

Good point...

But, resistance is still against the law, no matter how passive it is and therefore it is still illegal. But, maybe because of your resistance, you can get the laws changed, which I wouldn't mind because I would like to have darker tint on my vehicles....

So, uh......keep up the good work?

Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 01:42 AM
I very much disagree that the law is the law and should be followed blindly. That represents an excessive and disturbing trust in and acceptance of government. The Consitution was designed for government to have very limited power over people, limits that have been grossly overstepped.

The law is simply wrong in this case, as laws should only regulate or punish for harm caused to somebody who does not or cannot consent to an action. Wrong laws should be skirted and broken as a matter of ethics and morality.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 03:45 AM
...I wouldn't mind because I would like to have darker tint on my vehicles....

Really dark tint is over rated. Makes it really hard to see at night. At low lit intersections, sometimes I have to lower the window down to make sure it's clear.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 04:38 AM
I very much disagree that the law is the law and should be followed blindly. That represents an excessive and disturbing trust in and acceptance of government. The Consitution was designed for government to have very limited power over people, limits that have been grossly overstepped.

The law is simply wrong in this case, as laws should only regulate or punish for harm caused to somebody who does not or cannot consent to an action. Wrong laws should be skirted and broken as a matter of ethics and morality.

Sounds to me like you have more than a little Libertarian in you!
Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 09:11 AM

WHAT?!!!!

I never once said the law should be followed blindly if it is wrong...

I said that there are ways to change laws that are wrong and those ways are built into our system. At times, resistance may be the only way to change a "bad" law. But, I also said that wrong laws, no matter how "bad" or "wrong" they may be, are still laws, that until they are changed, that we can and will be punished for. Our system of law and government is not perfect...
Posted By: Woodencross Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 1314:
...I wouldn't mind because I would like to have darker tint on my vehicles....

Really dark tint is over rated. Makes it really hard to see at night. At low lit intersections, sometimes I have to lower the window down to make sure it's clear.

I know. I had a Mazda pickup once with two layers of 5% tint on the rear window. I could barely see out during the day muchless at night, it was DARK...
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 02:49 PM

Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't discriminate
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/09/06 11:50 PM
Unfortunately, the protections that were built into our system have been breached and government continues to erode them more every single day. The system is broken as are the methods of recourse built into it. The law is illegal.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/10/06 05:09 PM

Sounds more like a "Rebel Without A Clue."
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/10/06 08:47 PM
What about an update? Did you re-test w/ the windows down and the fuse removed? Or did you find a more "sympathetic" inspection station?
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/10/06 09:04 PM
Louis is probably afraid to post what he did. I'm sure he doesn't want to be narked on.
Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/11/06 06:30 AM
What about an update? Did you re-test w/ the windows down and the fuse removed? Or did you find a more "sympathetic" inspection station?

I haven't gone back in yet. Most places close at 4 on saturdays and are closed on sundays, so I didn't get a chance last weekend.

Yesterday my check engine light came on (P1131 rear upstream o2 sensor out), so I might not get to it this weekend either. Since they do emissions via OBD hookup now, it won't pass if the computer hasn't gone through a full drive cycle, which won't happen if I fix the sensor and reset the computer right before.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/11/06 12:42 PM
Ahhhh....One of the few things I like about living in the boonies. No emissions testing! I love my $12.50 inspections!
Posted By: White99SE Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/11/06 01:05 PM
Ahhhh....One of the few things I like about living in the boonies. No emissions testing! I love my $12.50 inspections!

Ahhhh... one of the few things I like about living in Oklahoma*. No inspections PERIOD!

*There's actually a lot of things I like about OK
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/11/06 01:24 PM
no inspections here in indiana either, but we do get some twisted laws:

If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.

Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.

It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.

Oral sex is illegal.

A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.

You can get out of paying for a dependent's medical care by praying for him/her.

ugh

~Andrew
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/11/06 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
You can get out of paying for a dependent's medical care by praying for him/her.

That one is way too easy. I won't touch that... or, will I?
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: my tint failed inspection - 08/11/06 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Ã?Å?ber Evil Mushu!:
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

That one is way too easy. I won't touch that... or, will I?

ooo, touch it touch it!

~Andrew
© CEG Archives