Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: tsSVT Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/12/06 11:04 PM
Any info pertaining to the june 3-4 turner falls meet is to be posted here.

Saturday
arrive late morning or noon
early afternoon - evening photos and scenic drive
evening - swimming and cookout

Sunday
morning - break down camp
late morning - morning photos
noon - head home

confirmed list:
1. IRingTwyce
2. me
3. Batmobile

I am going to make a post on neco and see if any of them want to come unless anyone has a problem getting them involved.Let me know.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/17/06 10:29 PM
I just couldn't stand seeing no replies to this post, so here is the first.

Bat, TsSVT, do either of you have any interest in contour.org stickers or a South Central one for your back window? If so, let me know what color so I can bring some with me. I'll hunt around and see if I can find a pic of the SC one I made.

Also, are either of you planning on camping Sat. night?
i already have some contour.org stickers going on..

Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/18/06 04:41 PM
I already bought some from parkedcar a while ago,I haven't ever installed them.I also have the CEG logo so I might put that one on for the meet.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/19/06 12:37 AM
I just posted on NECO,hopefully they get on board.I'll keep you posted if I get any responses.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/19/06 05:36 AM
I also posted on FCO. Doubt it will get much traffic, but there it is.
Posted By: Zum Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/21/06 03:36 PM
Originally posted by tsSVT:
I just posted on NECO,hopefully they get on board.I'll keep you posted if I get any responses.

I highly doubt that TandA will respond. you gotta light a match under somebody's ass in order for them to have a meet.
A friend of mine and I plan on camping out on the 3rd, anyone know if this is possible there or what do I need to get a permit or something for a camp site?
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/22/06 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Batmobile:
A friend of mine and I plan on camping out on the 3rd, anyone know if this is possible there or what do I need to get a permit or something for a camp site?

http://www.turnerfallspark.com/
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/27/06 06:22 PM
The meet is a week away.ROLL CALL.I'm still coming.It's going to be me and my girlfriend and we are camping saturday night.
I'm going, going with a friend and we'll be camping out Sat. night as well.

Just wondering, how old is everyone? I'm 21
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/27/06 08:12 PM
I'll be there too. Just me, but I'll be camping Sat. night as well. I'm 34.

Can someone familiar with the park suggest a good meeting spot?

Has anyone considered a route for the scenic drive? My thought was up through the Arbuckles, but that's just from glancing at a map.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/29/06 02:08 PM
I'm almost 21.There is a gas station just west of I-35 at exit 51 that would be a good place to meet.There are suposed to be some good roads near the park.I'm going to talk to my dad he said he knew of some good places to drive in the area.Cooking out was mentioned,what food should everyone bring?
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/29/06 09:24 PM
I'll probably bring some steaks, beer, maybe some potatos, some brauts. Ooohhh...hotwings too. If we're all camping in the same area, I've got a canopy for the picnic table. I assume there are charcoal grills at the campsites??
I've never been to the area so I wouldn't know where to meet or anything.

If you need me to bring anything for the cookout, just let me know
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/30/06 02:11 PM
I guess everyone can fend for themselves as far as food goes.They didn't have a grill at the site I was at,they had a fire pit though.I'm calling today to check on campsites.If worse comes to worse we there is a pizaa hut about 5 miles away.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/30/06 02:19 PM
No grills huh. Does anyone have a small charcoal grill they could bring? If not then I guess all the food I bring will be cold-cuts and stuff I can cook on a stick. Pizza always works for me though.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/30/06 04:54 PM
I called the park today,and campsites are first come, first serve.It will be pretty warm so hopefully there won't be TOO many people.IRingTwyce,how far of a drive is this for you?Turner Falls is about 50 miles north of the border on I-35.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/30/06 07:59 PM
I think I'm looking at a 3�½ hour drive each way. It's an hour north to Wichita Falls, then I'll head east until I hit I-35, then on to the park!
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/30/06 08:41 PM
You must really want to kick some life into SC.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/30/06 11:33 PM
You must really want to kick some life into SC.

I'm trying! It's like pulling permanent teeth. Not the easiest thing to accomplish.
hope you guys dont make fun of the dents, dings, scratches, etc on my car.

Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/31/06 03:29 AM
Deal, as long as you don't make fun of my cracked windshield and 3-tone interior (interior swap from a '95 w/ leather in progress (barely started)).
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 05/31/06 03:40 AM
I'm looking forward to picture time. Back in March my digital camera was stolen out of my car. A crap-load of money down the drain. The cops never recovered it (big surprise!). I just bought a replacement on ebay over the weekend, and it should be here Thursday. So I'm back in business snapping pics of my car! I'd like to get some calendar-worthy shots. It's time to try and break the SVT monopoly in the annual calendar.

It's a bit sobering though...I bought my original camera last year for a chunk 'o change. I replaced it with basically the exact same camera. Only this time around it cost me something like $350 LESS. Yay for saving money this time around, but it just makes me madder and madder about the original theft. Bastard thief.
so, the meet is two days away, do we have a meeting spot yet?
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 06/01/06 06:32 PM
Meet at the gas station west of I-35 at exit 51 at 12:30 PM.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 06/02/06 05:04 PM
I have access to a small charcoal grill.If you want to grill anything go ahead and bring it.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 06/02/06 08:39 PM
Could everyone PM cell phone numbers so if there's any problems we have a way to reach one another.

See y'all tomorrow!
so you both have it, my cell is 580-678-7638

I'm in Lawton right now at my parents house so I'll be leaving from Lawton, not exactly sure how long it takes (mapquest says 83 miles but almost a 3 hour drive...crazy mapquest) from here but hopefully i'll be there around 12:30.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 06/02/06 11:09 PM
I'll be coming up through Wichita Falls, then taking 70 from Randlett to I-35. I'll probably be leaving around 8:30. That should give me plenty of time with a little cushion.

I've had SUCH a rough week at work, so I can't wait to just kick back and relax for a day or two.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 06/03/06 01:42 AM
I think we can safely push the meeting time back to 1:00.I am replaceing my rear subframe tonight and the extra time in the morning to have an alignment would be nice.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 06/03/06 04:01 AM
I think we can safely push the meeting time back to 1:00.

Oh thank god! I've had to work late all this week, and am still trying to get things together. The extra time will be great!
1:00 is better for me too.

I'll be bringing plastic plates, cups, forks, knives, spoons, napkins so you guys dont have to worry about that. I'll alsobe bringing some food for the grill.

See you guys around 1:00 at the gas station west of I-35 on exit 51.

Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Official SCCEG Turner Falls meet - 06/13/06 10:06 PM
Man, I should really look at the forums more than once a year. I was in OKC that weekend, could have come by for some photos and a quick swim.

Oh well maybe next time.
© CEG Archives