Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: White99SE OK? - 05/02/06 12:35 PM
Just seeing if any OKies still come here. Static??? Kung Fu Troll??? Anyone???

I don't even have any AutoX to post about.

Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/02/06 04:28 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath for too long. You'll just pass out. Seems South Central died a slow death. There's still a little activity down San Antonio/Austin TX way, but that seems to be about it anymore. sucks.
Posted By: Knip Re: OK? - 05/02/06 04:39 PM
I'm here. Hi. Don't know you though. But hi anyway. Only guy I know around here with a tour is Eric(palehorse).
Posted By: tsSVT Re: OK? - 05/02/06 08:04 PM
There is nothing to do in OK,so how are you suposed to have a meet.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: OK? - 05/02/06 09:15 PM
Well, you could ummmm. Come down to Texas and drag race with us. J/K Can't even get the guys who live 10 miles away to get together, much less some okies.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/03/06 03:30 AM
I couldn't get any DFWers to do anything either.

Personally, I'd like to just hang out, maybe BBQ, look at everyones cars. Nothing difficult there, you'd think. I'm willing to drive some if the location's good and I know it won't be just me and one other. OK locations I'd drive to: Turner Falls, the "mountains" just outside Lawton. TX locations: well, near me is Possum Kingdom Lake - a GREAT recreation area, I'd head to Austin too. Heck, pretty much anywhere, y'know?

I'd like to see some sort of regional meet come together sometime, but I've come to realize that it'll never happen in the South Central. I even thought about trying to organize one myself. But if we can't even get 3 or 4 togther for a local meet, what are the chances anyone would show for a regional?
Posted By: White99SE Re: OK? - 05/03/06 12:43 PM
I wasn't even really trying to get a meet together, mostly cuz I couldn't make it to one myself. I was just seeing if any of the people I know are still lurking out there. I found out there's some newer OK people I haven't met yet... maybe someday.

Hey IRingTwyce... My first roommate in College was from Graham, of course this was back in '81 / '82 (remember... I'm OLD!!) so I doubt you know him. His name was Kyle Sims. Ring any bells?
Posted By: tsSVT Re: OK? - 05/03/06 02:18 PM
A meet at turner falls would be pretty damn cool.I'd be down for that.To bad there only a few cars would make it.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: OK? - 05/03/06 08:14 PM
I have so much to look forward to when I move to DFW next year.

Thanks for depressing me, guys!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/04/06 03:15 AM
Originally posted by tsSVT:
A meet at turner falls would be pretty damn cool.I'd be down for that.To bad there only a few cars would make it.

I'd commit if at least three others would.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/04/06 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Beowulf:

If you're serious about meets and such, then maybe what DFW needs is just some new blood and some enthusiasm. I'm about 2 hours from DAllas, 1�½ from Ft. Worth. It's close enough for me, and I have family in the DFW area, so I can see them too.

New job in DFW or school?
Posted By: Batmobile_dup1 Re: OK? - 05/04/06 08:31 AM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:

I would seriously go to turner falls, I haven't been to a CEG meet since 2002. Just haven't really been taking care of the mystique since I've been busy with school and other things so it's not really photogenic right now but a meet is a meet.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: OK? - 05/04/06 09:22 AM

If you're serious about meets and such, then maybe what DFW needs is just some new blood and some enthusiasm. I'm about 2 hours from DAllas, 1�½ from Ft. Worth. It's close enough for me, and I have family in the DFW area, so I can see them too.

New job in DFW or school?

My son is getting moved by his mother to Ft. Worth. My company just opened an office in Frisco. I am hoping that I can transfer down there and keep my current job.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/04/06 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Batmobile:

I would seriously go to turner falls, I haven't been to a CEG meet since 2002. Just haven't really been taking care of the mystique since I've been busy with school and other things so it's not really photogenic right now but a meet is a meet.

Oh please....my grill is sitting in my living room, my dash lights look like christmas, and my interior is currently 3 different colors of grey. I started too dang many mods at once.

So Batmobile is in, I'm in. Any others?? At least two of ya, c'mon and pony up!
Posted By: tsSVT Re: OK? - 05/05/06 01:08 AM
I'd be down for a meet at turner falls.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/05/06 05:33 AM
I'd be down for a meet at turner falls.

Now we're talkin'! What might be a good time for ya'll? It would need to be a Saturday or Sunday for me. I'm pretty much open for whenever. How about the 27th of May? That would give us a few weeks to try and generate some interest.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/05/06 05:37 AM
My son is getting moved by his mother to Ft. Worth. My company just opened an office in Frisco. I am hoping that I can transfer down there and keep my current job.

Well good luck with that! Dallas is a great city, tons of things to do! I'd love to live there, except for the traffic. Little temper problem when it comes to embiciles! Keep us posted, and I'm sure we can scare up a mini-meet of some sort to welcome you to the area!
Posted By: tsSVT Re: OK? - 05/05/06 02:13 PM
End of may is a bad idea.School is getting out and it will be hotter than satan's balls by then.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: OK? - 05/05/06 02:35 PM
I'd be down for some meat at turner falls.

WTF????
Posted By: tsSVT Re: OK? - 05/05/06 03:19 PM
WTF??
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/05/06 06:32 PM
End of may is a bad idea.School is getting out and it will be hotter than satan's balls by then.

It's only three weeks away. Next weekend is out for me. That would leave the 20th/21st if you didn't want to wait for the 27th. I'd much rather do it this month than next since you're worried about the heat.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: OK? - 05/05/06 06:58 PM

Well good luck with that! Dallas is a great city, tons of things to do! I'd love to live there, except for the traffic. Little temper problem when it comes to embiciles! Keep us posted, and I'm sure we can scare up a mini-meet of some sort to welcome you to the area!

I have been to Dallas before.

I hated it.

I love the Clubhouse though.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: OK? - 05/05/06 09:37 PM
I think this is why SC has such a hard time getting a meet together.It's really hard to throw a meet together for people from several differant states in the matter of 2 or 3 weeks.No offense but with the price of gas I can't afford to burn up a whole tank of gas to go to a meet with one other person.We need to try and get 3,4,or 5 people to commit to a place and then figure out a schedule.I can deal with the heat,but I just don't want to be down there with a billion other people,I've done it before and don't want to do it again.Maybe a few of the DFW guys and some of the few OK guys can put in there ideas for how to make this work.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: OK? - 05/06/06 02:16 AM
I think this is why SC has such a hard time getting a meet together.It's really hard to throw a meet together for people from several differant states in the matter of 2 or 3 weeks.No offense but with the price of gas I can't afford to burn up a whole tank of gas to go to a meet with one other person.We need to try and get 3,4,or 5 people to commit to a place and then figure out a schedule.I can deal with the heat,but I just don't want to be down there with a billion other people,I've done it before and don't want to do it again.Maybe a few of the DFW guys and some of the few OK guys can put in there ideas for how to make this work.

I had committed, Batmobile and you both appeared to commit. That's three right there. I figured with an additional 3 weeks, we could get a few more to sign on as well. It seemed that Turner Falls was a concensus among posters. With people coming from two states, it seems to be a fairly central location, not to mention it's scenic as hell for photo ops.

In my mind, the longer you wait for the meet, the more chances that people will pull out and cancel. That's why I suggested the end of May. Since school is an issue with some, then maybe the 1st weekend of June would be better. We're not trying for something huge here, so in my mind there's no need for a 2-3 month lead time on this. Three or four weeks should be sufficient to get a few people together for some good times with the cars. I'm willing to do the legwork, setting up times, dates, locations, and gathering info regarding the locations. I just want to know that I'm not wasting my time.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being unrealistic regarding the South Central in general. It just seems a shame we can't generate cameraderie and friendships that some of the Eastern groups have.

Feel free to give me any feedback you have. I'm not trying to be bossy, critical, or petulant. I just really want to jump-start the South Central and get a little enthusiasm and life back in the group.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: OK? - 05/06/06 09:20 PM
I'm down for the first weekend of june.I assume this would be drive down and meet saturday,leave sunday right?The cabins aren't bad,but there would also be places to stay in davis,or camping is an option.Batmobile...http://www.turnerfallspark.com/

Posted By: Batmobile_dup1 Re: OK? - 05/07/06 03:35 AM
sorry i havent checked this thread lately. I'd be down any weekend after the 21st, my girlfriend is leaving the country with her family that weekend so i'll be free for a whole month so either May 27th or June 3rd is fine with me.

If I do go, i'd probably just go down there saturday and come back up the same night.

Right now, i'm 90% sure that i'll definantly go, just need to know exactly what the heck we'll be doing and other information.
Posted By: IRingTwyce South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 05:03 PM
Let's schedule it for the first weekend in June then. June 3-4. Turner Falls, OK. I will probably camp at Turner Falls.

As far as what to do, here's what I was thinking. Having never been to a meet, my expectations of what to do at a meet are pretty limited.

Saturday
    arrive late morning or noon
    early afternoon - evening photos and scenic drive
    evening - swimming and cookout

Sunday
    morning - break down camp
    late morning - morning photos
    noon - head home

If anyone else has something to add to the to-do list, chime in. Ya'll might try PMing other SC members to see if we can get a few more people involved. I'll take a stab at some TX members.

I can make and bring some contour.org decals, and I have a South Central design on my back window. I'll see if I can scare up pics of them. If anyone would be interested, I'd need color selection, then we can install at the meet.

Give me a few days this week, and I'll research some scenic drives through the area, as well as a central meeting point.

One thing that occurred to me, should we invite the regional Cougar owners or keep it strictly CEG?

Also, once we've settled the main points, I'll post a new topic regarding the meet. Everyone good with that?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 05:20 PM
I can't go. Unfortunately I have to mow my lawn that day, I think.
Posted By: White99SE Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 05:54 PM
How ironic that a post that I made prompted people to plan a meet (that I won't be able to attend, btw). I feel like I've made a difference!

A Turner Falls meet sounds great! Wish I could go, but...

New House + 3 kids - No money = No Meets for Roger.

One thing that occurred to me, should we invite the regional Cougar owners or keep it strictly CEG?

I think you should do whatever you can to get as many people there as you can, regardless of what they drive or what board there on, even (gasp) Non F-L-M owners! That is, assuming they're cool and into cars and you want to hang out with them.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 06:52 PM
Originally posted by GoppelDanger:
I can't go. Unfortunately I have to mow my lawn that day, I think.

The lawn can wait!! Time to help kick-start the SC.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 06:59 PM
Originally posted by White99SE:
A Turner Falls meet sounds great! Wish I could go, but...

New House + 3 kids - No money = No Meets for Roger.

That's the beauty of camping, it's cheap! Bring the kids, they can spend the day swimming.
Posted By: Batmobile_dup1 Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 07:55 PM
I'm in for Saturday June 3rd for sure.

it wouldnt be a bad idea to invite the cougar and focus people either.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 08:26 PM
it would be a bad idea to invite the cougar and focus people anyway.

Agreed.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/08/06 08:44 PM
DO IT!

How can it be a SCCEG meet with other car people there.

The C in CEG doesn't stand for Car, it stands for Contour!
Originally posted by Evil Mushu!:

and the EG stands for enthusiast group.
There's a big chunk of Cougar and Focus owners that are pretty enthusiastic about the Contour, as well as their own rides.
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

and the EG stands for enthusiast group.
There's a big chunk of Cougar and Focus owners that are pretty enthusiastic about the Contour, as well as their own rides.

Whatever. Don't you have a picture of a choclate penis to post somewhere?
Posted By: tsSVT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/09/06 07:44 PM
There are several modded SVT foci in central OK.We should definetly try to get the cougar+focus guys in on it.
Posted By: xxswfxx Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/09/06 10:50 PM
Wish I could come. I don't graduate college until the 23rd of June and at the moment I am busy with my senior project. I saw a contour the other day just down the street from me though. It was dark blue with 2 white stripes over the top of the car.

BTW: GoppelDanger

300HP? Rear engine? 4-cyl? Supercharger? 2200lbs? 38MPG?

Interested?

yes...
Posted By: tsSVT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/09/06 11:10 PM
I am pretty sure he's talking about the ariel atom.
Posted By: xxswfxx Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/09/06 11:34 PM
I guess it's so expensive you have to register to configure one lol.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/10/06 02:48 PM
I am pretty sure he's talking about the ariel atom.

No, but I do like that car.

swf, you have a PM
Posted By: tsSVT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/11/06 04:22 PM
Bump
Posted By: Batmobile_dup1 Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/11/06 09:13 PM
so, is this the confirmed list thus far?

1. IRingTwyce
2. tsSVT
3. Batmolbile
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/11/06 09:24 PM

1. IRingTwyce
2. tsSVT
3. Batmobile
4. ChuckNorris
5. Mr. T
6. SVTCop
7. louisw
8. SVT Chick
9. Tim Kirk
10. Both Hightowers (HAH!)

Something doesn't look quite right.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/11/06 09:54 PM

1. IRingTwyce
2. tsSVT
3. Batmolbile

So far as I know it is. I'm planning on PMing a few TX people to see if we can get some more coming. I've been busy this week at work, so I haven't had much time to research meeting locations, scenic drives, campgrounds, etc. I'll try and get that done this weekend unless someone else would like to do one/or more of these tasks.

Once the details are hammered out, I'll post meet info on FCO too.

1. IRingTwyce
2. tsSVT
3. Batmobile
4. ChuckNorris
5. Mr. T
6. SVTCop
7. louisw
8. SVT Chick
9. Tim Kirk

SVTCop! You are killing me!
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/11/06 10:52 PM

1. IRingTwyce
2. tsSVT
3. Batmobile
4. ChuckNorris
5. Mr. T
6. SVTCop
7. louisw
8. SVT Chick
9. Tim Kirk

SVTCop! You are killing me!

Oh, how time flies, I had forgotten/ blocked SVTCop, who notably wasn't a cop, or even a rent-a-pig. Just simply wanted to call himself SVTCop.
Posted By: cuda06 Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/12/06 12:29 AM
That is a bit far for a weekend trip for me. Especially considering that I will have just returned from Pa the weekend before. If a slightly closer site were to be chosen in the future I would probably be up for it.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/12/06 02:55 PM

1. IRingTwyce
2. tsSVT
3. Batmolbile

So far as I know it is. I'm planning on PMing a few TX people to see if we can get some more coming. I've been busy this week at work, so I haven't had much time to research meeting locations, scenic drives, campgrounds, etc. I'll try and get that done this weekend unless someone else would like to do one/or more of these tasks.

Once the details are hammered out, I'll post meet info on FCO too.

It shouldn't be to hard to find a meeting spot.I was at turner falls about a month ago,I'm sure we can figure someplace out.There are several campgrounds in the park so that shouldn't be a big deal.That just leaves driving routes.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/12/06 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Eric L:

Oh, how time flies, I had forgotten/ blocked SVTCop, who notably wasn't a cop, or even a rent-a-pig. Just simply wanted to call himself SVTCop.

Yeah, Kelly and I where getting some work done on the Aviator when the SVT TX club was having a mini meet at our Lincoln dealership. I went and looked at their Mustangs and asked where the SVT Contours where. One guy with a white Cobra said "Well, there is one guy that has a silver one, but he doesn't show up anymore. He blew his motor years ago and hasn't gotten it running since." They also laughed about him like he was a dumbass. Gee, I wonder why?
Posted By: tsSVT Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/12/06 10:05 PM
If anyone is opposed to trying to get some NECO peeps to the meet speak...NOW
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Make a New Post - 05/12/06 10:51 PM
Hey, whoever is in charge of this, make a new post with all the details on the inital post. Include the date and location in the subject, as they are getting lost among side converstaions.

I will then Sticky it until the meet so you can hopefully get some more poeople to show up!
Posted By: Zum Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/21/06 03:33 PM

Agreed.

WTF-
We were always so nice to you people.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/21/06 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Zum:

Agreed.

WTF-

I don't understand this. I think we have a bunch of reclusives in SC. I could care less who comes to a meet. A meet is a meet, and the more cars that come, the better. I could care less if they all drove Lebarons.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: South Central TX-OK meet is on! - 05/21/06 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
Originally posted by Zum:

Agreed.

WTF-

I don't understand this. I think we have a bunch of reclusives in SC. I could care less who comes to a meet. A meet is a meet, and the more cars that come, the better. I could care less if they all drove Lebarons.

+1. As far as I'm concerned, all are welcome. I just want to get some life back in this region so we can have some fun and meet some new friends.
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: OK? - 05/22/06 01:44 AM

You rang?

-R-
Posted By: White99SE Re: OK? - 05/22/06 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Kung Fu Troll:

You rang?

-R-

Hey Rich! Wazzup? I figured you'd pop up eventually.

Kinda bummed, cuz I missed the first Auto-X of the season (April 15. We just moved and I was too busy cleaning out the old house and getting it ready to sell.) and I'm going to miss the second (This Saturday, but we'll be out of town for Memorial day.)

For the April event, they went back to the Drumright site, in spite of the usafe conditions. However, for the upcoming event, they've found a new site, the Miami Airport. I'm curious to see how that turns out. Hopefully they'll go back to it again. On second thought, I hope they find a site closer, cuz Miami is way further than Stroud or Drumright! Hopefully, I'll get to go to at least a couple of events this year.

What the hell, I know none of you are interested, but here's a link to the event this saturday. Auto-X Registration
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: OK? - 05/23/06 11:54 PM
Yikes! Miami?! I'm definitely not rollin that far. Hopefully they will do one a little closer. Later.

-R-
© CEG Archives