Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Meet up? - 02/14/06 02:47 AM
Alright,

I wanna meet up with everyone when we can. With the new car, I'd certainly like to go for a cruise (devil's backbone, et al) or another dragstrip meet.

Anyone interested in a meet sometime in the near future?

Posted By: GS474 Re: Meet up? - 02/14/06 02:41 PM
gas is to high for me to be driving all over texas even though i want to

i am up for another drag meet but im starting a new job so i don't know what days il be off
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: Meet up? - 02/14/06 09:55 PM
YOu just wanna show off your new TC'd Tour.

You bastard!!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Meet up? - 02/15/06 07:09 PM
Whoa! When'd you get the turbine Ray?

I've been out of it for a while, so I don't know what's going on...

As for news for me...

Roadrunner is not happening, too much rust.

No word on the Civic to date...

I'm in the market for a Fox-body mustang with a straight body. Anyone know where I can pick one up for cheap?

The Firebird requires nothing more than new hoses and the wiring harness hooked up.

I would love to go for a cruise or drag meeting. Name the place and I'll be there if work and school allow it. ANY Friday of the week is good for me. NO school, NO work, no worries...

I must admit, however, that I'm trying to baby my car until it is time to sell it. In other words, no more smoky burnouts from me...

Yeah, just give me a yell.

Oh by the way Ray, you're lucky I couldn't get that TE04 off of that Lebaron GTC...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Meet up? - 02/16/06 03:07 AM
I got Ray's car and Ray got Tom's car.

BTW Ray, car's going under the knife starting Friday. It may be down for a month, but I want to knock out almost EVERYTHING at once. Need to get this zetec sold soon and get tax returns.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Meet up? - 02/16/06 03:49 AM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Whoa! When'd you get the turbine Ray?

I've been out of it for a while, so I don't know what's going on...

As for news for me...

Roadrunner is not happening, too much rust.

No word on the Civic to date...

I'm in the market for a Fox-body mustang with a straight body. Anyone know where I can pick one up for cheap?

The Firebird requires nothing more than new hoses and the wiring harness hooked up.

I would love to go for a cruise or drag meeting. Name the place and I'll be there if work and school allow it. ANY Friday of the week is good for me. NO school, NO work, no worries...

I must admit, however, that I'm trying to baby my car until it is time to sell it. In other words, no more smoky burnouts from me...

Yeah, just give me a yell.

Oh by the way Ray, you're lucky I couldn't get that TE04 off of that Lebaron GTC...

I'm very lucky, I am sure. "350wHP/nearly matching torque" lucky.

You wanna meet somewhere along 32 between San Marcos and Blanco? That's not too far for either of us.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Meet up? - 02/17/06 06:42 AM
Sure. I'd love to.

By the way, I found the Fox-body I'm probably going to buy. It's an '85 LX Coupe with the 4-cylinder and MT. It's black and has the "Boss" Spoiler. I'm going to be getting a call tommorrow hopefully. If it goes through, this'll be my first car in my name. I'm pumped up!

I'm guessing I shouldn't be spending more than $1k for the car, a little more for t.t.l. I should have enough left over to purchase a rebuilt EFI 302 and a T5, and maybe even some new tires...

The cool part is that my friend has one almost identical to it, minus the spoiler. A black '85 LX coupe with a built 302. I can't wait for the Kodak moment...
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Meet up? - 02/19/06 10:46 PM
congrats ray, i know you were looking to buy toms car a long time ago. glad it finally fell into place for ya.

hit me up on aim sometime, its been awhile.

urobssesedwme or jaxchrisfla
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Meet up? - 02/20/06 09:37 AM
I'll meet up.
Posted By: "shotty driving"-ds Re: Meet up? - 02/27/06 06:49 AM
I'm down for a meet if its not to far from here.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Meet up? - 03/01/06 06:55 PM
Well, you guys will never see my Mercury again. I cracked open the transmission case. I have to find a new car...
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: Meet up? - 03/01/06 07:25 PM
That sucks. How did that happen? Buy another Contour so you won't be a troll.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Meet up? - 03/01/06 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TrolloMatic:
Well, you guys will never see my Mercury again. I cracked open the transmission case. I have to find a new car...

THAT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

jk
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Meet up? - 03/03/06 11:16 PM
Actually, I'll have to agree with Mushu. Without any ends, there can never be any new beginnings. I'm looking at a '96 T-bird LX with leather, 4.6L, 10CD changer, a moonroof, and about 70K miles.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Meet up? - 03/04/06 01:19 AM
If you're in that market there is another T-bird for sale next door. next condition, excellent paint, clean interior... I can get details for you if you like.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Meet up? - 03/04/06 05:10 AM
Please do. I'd really appreciate it. I'm looking at under 3K for my budget. I found that one on Craigs list...
© CEG Archives