Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jdavid 3L install - 11/17/05 09:23 PM
Hey guys-

I'll try this question in this forum, as some of the folks (?) on this list in the north are somewhat challenged.

I'm in Tulsa, and looking for a shop in OK, TX, KS, MO or AR that could do 3L installs.

Anybody know a good shop?

Thanks,
David
Posted By: White99SE Re: 3L install - 11/18/05 01:47 PM
Welcome to CEG (and South Central). I read your post in the 3L forum. Yeah, there's a lot of jerks on here, and unfortunately, they're generally the ones with the most knowledge. (How many "Tulsa's" do you know of? )

Unfortunately, I don't know much about shops that could do a 3L install. The only 3L in Tulsa is (was) PaleHorse and he did it himself, but has since wrecked the car. Not sure if he's trying to rebuild it or not. He hasn't posted on here in a while.

Posted By: Hydramatic Re: 3L install - 11/18/05 06:43 PM
Wow. I just read your thread in the 3L forum. Those guys are a bunch of jerkwads! How did they not know where Tulsa was? It's common knowledge! Plus it's in your signature! Those dudes need to take a chill pill. I can see why a lot of newbies get turned off by this site. Welcome to CEG by the way. I know none of them told you that. Sorry about the way they acted. You'll find not all of us are like that.
Posted By: Static Re: 3L install - 11/19/05 05:55 PM
I would say if anybody would know it would be pale horse and maybe kung foo trool.. I and ask kung foo as I talk to him daily but I havent talked to eric(palehorse) in about 3 months. I am surprised there isnt a how-to by know for this..
Posted By: Woodencross Re: 3L install - 11/19/05 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Static:
I would say if anybody would know it would be pale horse and maybe kung foo trool.. I and ask kung foo as I talk to him daily but I havent talked to eric(palehorse) in about 3 months. I am surprised there isnt a how-to by know for this..

Were you drunk when you wrote this?
Posted By: Static Re: 3L install - 11/20/05 12:33 AM
I am taking a lot of meds right now... so I have been kinda out of it for the last 24 hours sorry
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 3L install - 11/21/05 11:07 PM
For The Sake Of Helping Out A Fellow CEG'er, I Will Break My Vow Of Silence In The South Central Forum. I Will Only Post If Someone Directly Asks Me A Question From Now On As I Have Ill Feelings Towards Certain People On This Forum...But Any How,

Welcome To CEG JDAVID!! Yes I Performed The Swap Myself And With The Help Of A Few Friends. The Only Thing It Takes Is Tools And Time...Oh Yeah And Some Cash. If You Are Going To Do A Full 3L Swap ( Which Would Be The Easiest And Probably Most Beneficial ), You Could Do It Yourself In About A Full Weekends Time If You Are The Slightest Bit Mechanically Inclined. If Not...Dont Do It Your Self. I Have A Couple Of Friends Who Would Be Willing To Do The Install For You. But You Would Be Looking Somewhere In The Realm Of 500-650$$ Labor For Them To Do It. If You Want To Do The Hybrid Swap, I Definitely Say Have Buckshot Build Your Block For You So You Dont Have To Worry About Any Problems In The Near Future. His Prices For The Shortblock Is 1700-1800 Shipped...But Its Worth It. Mine Still Runs Strong!!!
Yes Everyone...I Drove It Last Night!!! I Did A Lot More Work To It And It Is Looking Great So Far. I Just Have To Fix A Couple Of Leaks Before I Can Use It For My Daily Driver Again. And I Know None Of You Had Any Faith In Me To Get It Fixed...Especially After How Bad It Was!

So JDAVID Send Me A PM If You Want More Specific Information!
And Hello To CODY, RICHARD, AND ROGER!!!
No More Posting From Me In Here Unless You Need MY Help!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 3L install - 11/22/05 02:41 AM
Fine.. don't say hi to me..

Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 3L install - 11/23/05 06:56 PM
Hey RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Better RAY!
Posted By: Static Re: 3L install - 11/23/05 08:56 PM
May I ask as to why your posting in here? Are you boycotting us or something?
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 3L install - 11/26/05 11:57 PM
I Have Found That There Are Many Hipocrits In This Area, None Of Which I Know Personally Such As My Friends Here In Tulsa And Of Course RAY And A Few Others. It Seems That This Forum As A Whole Is'nt Up To The Task Of Retaining Members Or Making A Welcome Stay For The Noob's. That's Just My Personal Opinion Though. I've Found Other Sites That Are Dedicated To Our Platform And Will Be My Primary Residence Now.

Cody, Are You Back In Tulsa Now????
Posted By: Woodencross Re: 3L install - 11/27/05 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I Have Found That There Are Many Hipocrits In This Area, None Of Which I Know Personally Such As My Friends Here In Tulsa And Of Course RAY And A Few Others. It Seems That This Forum As A Whole Is'nt Up To The Task Of Retaining Members Or Making A Welcome Stay For The Noob's. That's Just My Personal Opinion Though. I've Found Other Sites That Are Dedicated To Our Platform And Will Be My Primary Residence Now.

Cody, Are You Back In Tulsa Now????

I thought you said no more posting!
Posted By: Static Re: 3L install - 11/27/05 03:10 AM
Yea I am back... WOOT WOOT... Come to the autocross with me rich and rog tomorrow
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 3L install - 11/29/05 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Woodencross:

Starting Now!!!
Posted By: MY99SVT Re: 3L install - 12/05/05 07:52 PM

Starting Now!!!

Go away loser!!!!
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: 3L install - 12/05/05 10:50 PM
Originally posted by MY99SVT:

Starting Now!!!

Go away loser!!!!

Hasn't anybody banned you yet? Gezz
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: 3L install - 12/05/05 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Eric L:

Starting Now!!!

Go away loser!!!!

Stoopid lazy azz mother [censored] SC mods! I'da banned hiz azz a long tyme ago.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Mushu:

Starting Now!!!

Go away loser!!!!

Stoopid lazy azz mother [censored] SC mods! I'da banned hiz azz a long tyme ago.

Who the crap are we talking about?

Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 12:48 AM
What does it matter?
Posted By: MY99SVT Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 01:29 AM

Starting Now!!!

Go away loser!!!!

No you wouldn't, You love me!!!!!!
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 02:20 AM
I missed the boat big-time on this one, I apoligize
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 02:23 AM
I own a big boat.
Posted By: MY99SVT Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 03:01 AM
I own a big boat.

I want to go boating with you!!!
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 04:38 AM
Ok. When?
Posted By: MY99SVT Re: 3L install - 12/06/05 05:00 AM