Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
....with gutted precats. Does that mean I would pass just as easily with MSDS headers?

Randy
Do you have MILs?

Cause if you do, you could pass with anything since they are telling the computer that your readings are NORMAL!
Well, sort of. Per an old thread I came across awhile back, I bought a couple of devices that I think are sold at any parts store as a spark plug anti-fouler. You thread the anti-fouler into the O2 bung and then thread the O2 sensor into the anti-fouler. This positions the O2 sensor out of the direct path of the exhaust....it rests inside the anti-fouler and not inside the exhaust tube. Sniffs much cleaner air.

But I see your point. I suppose this same arrangement would work with headers as well as its working with gutted pre-cat manifolds.

Thanks,
Randy
Originally posted by Randy Gunn:
....with gutted precats. Does that mean I would pass just as easily with MSDS headers?

Randy

What does our inspection entail? If there's any visual portion, headers might be a problem. as they're pretty durn obvious
All Texas does is plug into the OBD II port and check for MIL codes. On 95 and earlier, or non-OBD II cars, they use a dyno and sniffer to run a drive cycle. So if you use a MIL eliminator it will think everything is normal. Hopefully the inspector will not look under the car and see the mods.
INspector isn't going to care anyways.

THe only time I ever had problems was when my 1992 Suburban had a bad catalytic converter. And guess what, the only reason there was a problem with the cat was because the new COMPUTER SYSTEM THAT TEXAS WAS USING WAS GIVING OFF FALSE READINGS! Yep, TEXAS paid for me to have a new catalytic converter installed! Love it!

I took my new 1999 Suburban in with a failing muffler (you can hear if you only sit outside and listen to it at idle), and the guy didn't say a thing about it. As long as the lights work, brakes work, horn works, windshield wipers are good, gas cap is good, and your OBDII system isn't throwing a code, you'll probably be okay!
hell the place were i get my car enspeced is something else

the truck i had before the tour(the tour works good thank god)

so did the truck but before i fixed all the problems i needed a way to get the parts so i had to get the thing enspected
and a guy told me about this place half the lights didn't work

braked didn't work the thing was running so ritch it couldn't get out of its own way

but i got the parts and fixed it up and sold it
© CEG Archives