Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TexasRealtor The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 09/29/05 06:07 PM
They are 2.5 games ahead in the wildcard slot with 4 games to go. Come on Stros !!!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 09/29/05 06:35 PM
YEAHHHH! GO RANGE... uhh I mean ASTROS!!!!
Posted By: Woodencross Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 09/29/05 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
YEAHHHH! GO RANGE... uhh I mean ASTROS!!!!

Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 09/29/05 10:20 PM
Go Yanks!!!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/03/05 05:29 PM
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/03/05 05:38 PM
Um... I'm in Houston right now. I just drove by Minute Maid Park during lunch. Does that make me a fan?

GO STROS!!??
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/03/05 06:48 PM
Stros Win the Wild Card!!!!
I went to a few games this year, like 10 or so.
With this pitching staff and the current hot bats of Berkman, Lane and Lamb, they have an outside chance.
I will be trying to make it to one of the games this week.
Last year, it was really loud in the park during the playoffs.
Lidge sure likes to make us worry in the ninth lately, but he gets the job done 99% of the time, he is "lights out".
Go Astros!!!!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/05/05 04:44 PM
Their offense is pretty weak, but the pitching is the best in the league. If the hitters start scoring, then watch out!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/05/05 05:11 PM
This thread reminds me of when my mom took me to a Diamondbacks vs. Rockies game. I remember Randy Johnson at bat. He chucked his bat at the pitcher on the third swing...I love how that dude plays!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/05/05 07:00 PM
Looks like I sold the tour. A student from Texas State actually came and test drove it and wanted to buy it, but some guy from Cali did the Ebay "buy it now option" and is flying down tomorrow.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/05/05 07:19 PM
Such a pretty car too!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/05/05 07:45 PM
Yes, and now I am "Minivan Man!"

here is a cool vid
clicky
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/07/05 05:15 AM
What kinda minivan? Maybe a turbo and a 5-spd install is in order?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/09/05 05:45 PM
Go Stros !!!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/10/05 04:14 AM
What a game ! Daaamnnnn!!! How many freakin' playoff records were set!!!?? Bring on the Cards!
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/10/05 04:02 PM
I went to the game, it was awesome. I'm still tired. They shut down the food and beer stands in the 7th. Not good, most people likely already had a hangover by the end of the game. By far, the greatest game i have ever witnessed.

Records:
Longest game in playoff history. 18 innings. Previous was 16(Astros v. Mets '86)
Longest game in playoff history. 5 hours 50min.
Most pitches in a game 553.
Players used: 42
Players used by one team: 23.
Grands Slams: 2, First postseaseon game ever to have two.
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/10/05 05:50 PM
I heard it was the longest playoff game in history. How long did the game last timewise?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/11/05 06:08 PM
5 Hours and 50 minutes.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/11/05 06:58 PM
n1 have tickets for this weekend? Gonna be sick, hopefully not a repeat of last year. . .
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/11/05 07:40 PM
I tried the Astros online system but have not had any luck.
When i went to the game on Sunday, plenty of people were looking to get rid of tickets outside the stadium.
Some people only wanted face value. If it comes down to it, i;m just gonna go out there with some cash and find some tickets.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/13/05 09:31 PM
Series:
Astro-0 Cardinals-1
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/14/05 03:38 AM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Series:
Astro-0 Cardinals-1

Houston-1, St. Louis-1
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/14/05 02:42 PM
this is gonna get dirty . . .
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/14/05 06:05 PM
Bring on da Rocket!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/16/05 01:02 AM
2-1. . . hmmmmmmm
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/17/05 05:44 PM
Stros looking strong. 3-1 series lead, I'm headed to tonight's game 5 to see them finish it out, should be very exciting.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/17/05 05:48 PM
That 8th and 9th inning stretch was wild! What kind of dumba$$ would get himself thrown out when at bat in a 1 run game?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/24/05 04:19 PM
World Series:

Astros- 0
White Sox-2
Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/24/05 06:09 PM
World Series:

Astros- 0
White Sox-2

on the upside, I'm already making plans for pasadena...
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/26/05 03:57 PM
Posted By: Woodencross Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/26/05 04:15 PM
World Series:

Astros- 0
White Sox-2

Make that White Sox - 3
Astros - 0
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/26/05 04:25 PM
Not looking good.
This series should easily be 2-1 Houston, but some mistakes have cost us. Still rooting for the good guys!!!

Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/26/05 09:45 PM
At least basketball season starts next week.
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/27/05 04:12 AM
It's over for the Astros. They didn't even win a single game in the world series.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/27/05 05:55 AM
Give the Astros their due. They had a great season, they certainly earned being in the series, and they played the White Sox tougher than the defending world champs did.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/27/05 02:50 PM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
Give the Astros their due. They had a great season, they certainly earned being in the series, and they played the White Sox tougher than the defending world champs did.

Don't give them that much credit!
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/27/05 04:20 PM
I think they deserve plenty of credit! Considering the amount of adversity they faced along with many other obstacles like: (injuries, inexpierence, and lack of run support.) They were definitely overachievers this year. I went to alot of games and these guys really worked hard to win with what they had. They have a good group of young players that will get better and i look forward to them competing for the crown again next year.

I now can focus all of my attention on watching the Horns win the National Championship!!!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/27/05 09:42 PM
It reminded me of the movie Major League.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/27/05 10:20 PM
Which reminds me, what was that old kiddie movie where that one kid had a broken arm and ended up being able to throw like 100mph+ fastballs? I can't remember the name dangit...
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/27/05 11:49 PM
Yes, give the Astros that much credit.

The Astros DID play the White Sox tougher than Boston did. The Astros were in every game, they were all close. Meanwhile, the Sox' first game against Boston was over after just 1 or 2 innings, it was like batting practice, 5 Sox homers and a final score of like 14-2.

With a healthier Clemens and a few more days rest (if you'd beaten the Cards sooner), you'd have had a championship worthy team playing evenly with the White Sox.

They "only" won the NL? They "only" went to the series? Did the Cards? The Braves? Did the Yankees get that far? The Angels? Red Sox? Phillies? Indians? The As? The Astros are looking down at some damn fine teams right now.

Don't be like George Steinbrenner. Appreciate that your team did have an excellent year.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/28/05 06:10 PM
We just need a couple more bats. We also need to retire Bagwell. I wouldn't mess with the pitching(i.e. Lidge).
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/31/05 05:49 PM
ur kidding right?

Lidge choked in closing every time. . .I say keep Backe, retire Clemens because he will anyways, slap Lidge, and recruit some heavy hitters. . .
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/31/05 07:30 PM
Word of advice, even though its well after the fact...

GET RID OF EX-TIGERS ON YOUR TEAM
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 10/31/05 08:18 PM
I would guess we won't see much change. Their payroll for next year is likely going to be around 82 or 83 million, based on what owner Drayton Mclane says. They currently have 65 million rapped up in 5 players alone, not good. (Bagwell, Pettitte, Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt.) We could expect maybe some trades or one or two free agent signings. If Clemens comes back, he's going to demand over 20 million. That puts us over the 84+ million range. Guess we will wait and see..........
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: The "Go Astros!" thread...... - 11/01/05 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
ur kidding right?

Lidge choked in closing every time. . .I say keep Backe, retire Clemens because he will anyways, slap Lidge, and recruit some heavy hitters. . .

Have you forgotten what Lidge did for them in the second half of the regular season?
© CEG Archives