Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Hydramatic hmmmm... - 09/29/05 05:21 PM
SCCEG is hibernating AGAIN. Hello out there? I'm all alone. sniff sniff....
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: hmmmm... - 09/29/05 05:43 PM
I told people to behave and I would save SC CEG. They did not, so I have nothing to do here.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 09/29/05 06:34 PM
Such a shame. There are like 5 people who even come into this forum, which spans like 3 or 4 states. C'mon guys!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 09/29/05 07:55 PM
lol
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 09/29/05 07:57 PM
You know it's true. Seriously, we have the biggest state in the continental US and we still can't muster more than half a dozen posters? Rants Rants Rants....
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: hmmmm... - 09/29/05 08:14 PM
Isn't it happy hour somewhere in San Marcos?
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 09/29/05 08:22 PM
When is it NOT happy hour in San Marcos? I love this place. Still, I haven't had the chance to get wasted in weeks....I feel so CLEAN it hurts...
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: hmmmm... - 09/30/05 02:20 PM
I was at a closing at a title company on the square and I had a martini at the cooolest bar. It used to be a bank that was blown p by the Newton Bros in the 1930's and one of the rooms is the old vault. Very cool place, but I still like the Tap Room and Green Parrot the best.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: hmmmm... - 10/01/05 01:53 AM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
You know it's true. Seriously, we have the biggest state in the continental US and we still can't muster more than half a dozen posters? Rants Rants Rants....

And we had the biggest no-particular-topic-topic...But it disappeared... Oops, misbehaving again...

I think the real issue has to do with the fact that us Texans are SO busy...Seriously...Plus, there's only a few that actually OWN contours anymore...

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 10/01/05 02:23 AM
And the fact that BECAUSE it is so big, it makes it hard to drive anywhere to have a "real quick" meet. not enough people with 30 minutes or so to have a spur-of-the-moment meet.. and if you expand further to get enough members, then it covers such a large area, that either nobody can commit to going to one place, or (because we are all grown with familes, etc) we can't commit that much time.

Ray
Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 10/01/05 03:51 AM
I brought up having separate forums (lone star and central) back when they were being set up to address those issues. tx alone is larger than several of the regionals; we used to have fairly active mailing lists for the cities--central texas (centex), Houston, DFW. the answer then was no, since other regions would inevitably want their own forums.. NYC, boston, DC. It's basically the tx forum right now anyway; I haven't seen anyone outside post in a while.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 10/01/05 04:17 AM
With the exception of the occasional "AutoX in OK try to make it all!" post.. (which none of us will be able to do). LO

Ray
Posted By: White99SE Re: hmmmm... - 10/03/05 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
With the exception of the occasional "AutoX in OK try to make it all!" post.. (which none of us will be able to do). LO

Ray

Hey, I don't expect anybody from TX to try and make it, that's more for the OK people (all 3 of them*) that might want to come. If they made TX it's own region, the rest of SC would wither and die!

(*I realize there's probably more than that, but that's all that post regularly.)
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 10/03/05 06:45 PM
lol..

I know, man.. It wasn't a knock against the auto-X postings.. even though I know I can't make it, I read each one thinking of how badly I want to do it, and perhaps I will be able to one day. Keep on posting! Sometimes its the only thing posted in here for weeks on end!

Ray
Posted By: White99SE Re: hmmmm... - 10/04/05 01:06 PM
Nothing would make me happier than to post about an AutoX, but it's starting to look like the rest of the season is going to be cancelled, cuz we still have not found a site to have them.

OTOH, it's probably a good thing for me, cuz we have a 1 month old son and I don't think my wife would appreciate me taking a whole day off to play.
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: hmmmm... - 10/06/05 03:30 PM
Man, I take regular trips up to OKC...it would rock to have 3 or 4 Contours in a row on 35 to go to OKC for an AutoX...At least I have a place to stay....
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 10/07/05 05:11 AM
Yeah, and I could amaze all with my spantastic Zetec ATX! I'm sure that would be the first Mercury that anyone's seen on a AutoX course in some time! But really, why don't we ever have an AutoX down here in TX? what's up with that?
Posted By: White99SE Re: hmmmm... - 10/07/05 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
But really, why don't we ever have an AutoX down here in TX? what's up with that?

There are probably lots of events in your area, you just don't know where or when. If you're really interested in AutoXing, this link will show you the regions in your area.

Southest Division Map

Find the closest one to you and go to their website and find out their schedule. That's all I did. You don't have to have a really modded car to have fun.

BTW, "Batmobile" has a Mystique and I think he's AutoXed it. I've never met him but I remember him posting about it.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 10/07/05 05:22 PM
Sweet. I've never actually AutoXed but it sounds like a bunch of fun. I tried it out a couple times on Forza Motorsport, but I don't quite understand the rules.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 10/07/05 10:08 PM
Go as fast as you can and don't hit any cones. Pretty simple.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 10/10/05 04:38 AM
Originally posted by infuryum:
Go as fast as you can and don't hit any cones. Pretty simple.

Kinda like driving school right?
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 10/10/05 05:53 AM
Word.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 10/10/05 06:15 AM
Up?
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: hmmmm... - 10/10/05 06:26 AM
Shut your mouth, wigger.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: hmmmm... - 10/10/05 05:03 PM
Shazammmmmm!
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: hmmmm... - 10/13/05 05:25 AM
lol go fast, turn left...oh wait thats NASCAR!
© CEG Archives