Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: louisw_dup1 good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 02:18 AM
my parents were going to try riding out the storm (they're in sw houston) but I told them to pack up and head here to austin. I think they're boarding up the one SE facing window and that's it. next few days are going to be real interesting.. good luck and stay safe.
Posted By: Static Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 03:30 AM
so whats being predicted as far as rita goes? I heard that if it hits just right it will take out a refinery.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 03:35 AM
If it hits "just right?" It'll take out all of Galveston.

17 foot seawall, expecting another 17foot storm surge over that. The seawall only surrounds 1/3 of Galveston anyway.

Ray
Posted By: Woodencross Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 03:40 AM
My in-laws arrived in Dallas yesterday to stay with my wife's parents...

We hope and pray that their house and everything down there is okay...
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 04:01 AM
FYI: There are tons of hotel rooms (well.. small town motel) available for any who need a place but their all full in your area.

I'll call and reserve for any..(its 5 minutes from my house)

Ray
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 04:21 AM
I'm not sure what to do yet. I am not prepared yet. I am most likey gonna leave my house to go somewhere safer. I read that Rita could be the strongest storm to hit Texas, but it is unknown exactly how hard it is gonna hit.
Posted By: louisw_dup1 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 04:41 AM
I've read that the shallow waters off the coast will slow it down some, but it's still has another day to strengthen. right now they're measuring 175 mph winds. the predictions are crazy, but at least it doesn't look like it'll hit any major metro areas directly.

Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 11:36 AM
Good luck to all that will be effected by this.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 05:13 PM
Indeed. This one is supposed to be bigger, faster, and stronger than Katrina. I sure hope everyone evacuated....
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/22/05 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Eric L:
Good luck to all that will be effected by this.

Agreed!
Stay safe!
Please pray from my stupid sister. She is refusing to leave. I love her, but damn she is an idiot sometimes.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/23/05 03:00 AM
Stay safe!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/23/05 06:42 AM
It's crazy, at my house we have about 12 people(it's a duplex!) staying with us. 9 are from Victoria and 3 are from around the Lake Jackson Area in Brazoria. When I went back home today I was like whoa! I hope other people got evacuated to somewhere safe.
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/25/05 01:50 AM
Well the storm turned out different than most had expected. It didn't really hit hard over here.It's good to be prepared though. Winds were just a little strong and it rained very lightly over here. It's Downgraded to a tropical storm now, going away from us.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/25/05 02:02 AM
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
Well the storm turned out different than most had expected. It didn't really hit hard over here.It's good to be prepared though. Winds were just a little strong and it rained very lightly over here. It's Downgraded to a tropical storm now, going away from us.

yeah, we didn't even get any rain yet!! What's up with that? Plenty of wind, but no rain...

It was pretty cool though to know the storm is coming from the south to the north, yet see all the clouds going from the north to the south...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/25/05 03:36 PM
Well I road out the storm in Houston, however my SVT was in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I haven't been back yet, but friends have said a huge oak is in between two equal parts of my car

Updates to come...might be parting it out...
Posted By: Woodencross Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 04:01 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Well I road out the storm in Houston, however my SVT was in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I haven't been back yet, but friends have said a huge oak is in between two equal parts of my car

Updates to come...might be parting it out...

Sorry to hear about your car...

What color was it, and if you do part it out...

Front and rear bumper, how much?
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 04:05 AM
scavengers can i get ur seats if they're midnight blue leather?
Posted By: Woodencross Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 04:07 AM
Originally posted by UncommonTour:
scavengers can i get ur seats if they're midnight blue leather?

Like birds of prey!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 04:37 AM
OoooooooooO! I want the Exhaust! Please? Pretty Please?
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Woodencross:

You guys are already asking for stuff.LOL
How come the SVT isn't over here? If the damage isn't too serious, you should fix it.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 06:39 AM
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
Originally posted by Woodencross:

You guys are already asking for stuff.LOL
How come the SVT isn't over here? If the damage isn't too serious, you should fix it.

Tell you the truth, I really hope your car is in one piece, but if it isn't... I have money
My uncle Chip lost his house. He lives in East Texas near Woodville. Send a prayer his was if you could.

Thanks.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 04:39 PM
My Uncle Jimmy lost his, too. Its on TV.
A white house with an Oak through the middle of it.

Please add a carbon copy to that prayer for Mushu.

Ray

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 05:03 PM
I had it parked at my house in Lake Charles. But a huge oak tree fell on it and yeah its probably unfixable.

Its a 99 T-Red SVT...I'll let ya'll know whats going to happen to it...

Thanks
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 05:10 PM
Twisted Ideas of pre98 SVT Mystique dances in head.....
Posted By: OB1 Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
I had it parked at my house in Lake Charles. But a huge oak tree fell on it and yeah its probably unfixable.

Its a 99 T-Red SVT...I'll let ya'll know whats going to happen to it...

Thanks

I have A friend that moved to Lake Charles, I've tried to call him several times today, but no one answers. I hope he just left town & everything is OK w/ his family. How bad was that area hit, have you ever heard of East Diamond Circle?
Posted By: eyevancsu Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/26/05 10:33 PM
All good here in north houston. Traveled up to dallas for the storm, and it only took 15hrs including a piss stop behind an NTB where the cops nearly caught me and my bro. Just glad that my house if in perfect shape, wish all those who didnt fare as well good luck.

-ivan c.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/27/05 04:01 PM
My parents live in west Houston. They just lost some shingles and tree branches thank goodness. My sister and brother-in-law evacuated Houston to Lake Charles, then to Morgan City, then to Lafayette, then finally to Tibidioux. Their home in Sugarland didn't end up even getting any rain.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/28/05 08:48 PM
My father stopped by my house earlier today. He said there is a huge pine going through my second floor, a huge oak atop of my car port, and as a result the carport and tree are completely wrapped around the SVT. Nearly every tree in my yard is over, and these trees are very old oaks and pines. Marshall Law is being imposed upon the city at this moment so I still can't get in to see the damage or talk to FEMA/Insurance. Again, as soon as I see whats going on, I'll let you guys know about the SVT and what will be available on from it.

Thanks
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: good luck to everyone in houston - 09/28/05 10:14 PM
Sweet! I mean uhhh... I am sorry to hear about your car getting screwed up. Really though, that blows haarrrrdd. I would be so miffed if a storm screwed up my car. Does insurance cover anything?
© CEG Archives