Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: deftoned989 Dallas area help! - 08/21/05 08:42 PM
Yes, I do see the stickied tag at the top but the one place listed for the Dallas area I couldn't get ahold of. I was wondering if anyone had a good/respectable shop they could recommend me to take my car to. My car is really fuggin up lately and I don't have the time to diagnose and treat the problems myself now that school has started again. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted By: deftoned989 Re: Dallas area help! - 08/21/05 10:36 PM
Hah, well nevermind, I ended up fixing it inadvertently. Must have been a vacuum leak or something because after reconnecting all the hoses to intake and such earlier today and thinking I would have to take it to mechanic, it's fine now. I guess it wouldn't hurt to know of a good shop locally though so if anyone still has some go ahead and chime in. Thanks anyways.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Dallas area help! - 08/22/05 04:26 AM
It might help if you give us your location...

Are you in North Dallas, or Richardson, Plano, South Dallas, Central Dallas, East Dallas, West Dallas...There's a lot of businesses and a lot of area to cover!!
Posted By: deftoned989 Re: Dallas area help! - 08/22/05 04:32 PM
Sorry, I guess I should have stated I don't mind driving a little bit if it means a good shop, but I am in Highland Park area. I attend SMU if that gives you a better idea of location.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Dallas area help! - 08/23/05 04:14 AM
Definitely...

The Firestone at Park and Avenue K in Plano is excellent and they do excellent work. It's the one shop that I've NEVER had to take anything back to to have it redone...

Ask for CHAD or JEFF. They are great guys. Rob is a new guy up there, and he seems to also know his stuff...

Posted By: DESIGN Re: Dallas area help! - 08/23/05 02:51 PM
thanks for that post even though I wasn't the one asking. I work in Plano (14th street a few blocks north of Ave K.) I was looking for a good shop that will install my struts/springs and do my brakes. Thanks for the recomendation. Have you put this on the sticky? If not please do so.

Jon
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Dallas area help! - 08/23/05 03:16 PM
Hmmm, you guys seem to know where to go for hookups.

Anyone have any suggestions on places to go for new tires?

Im almost bald on my Yokohamas and I could use some nice new and cheap tires. I dont care about performance, just want some low pros

225/40/17
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Dallas area help! - 08/23/05 03:23 PM
Believe it or not, the best deals are usually found at Tirerack.com..

Ray
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Dallas area help! - 08/24/05 05:12 AM
Originally posted by CSVT985:
Hmmm, you guys seem to know where to go for hookups.

Anyone have any suggestions on places to go for new tires?

Im almost bald on my Yokohamas and I could use some nice new and cheap tires. I dont care about performance, just want some low pros

225/40/17

I'll say again...

Originally posted by 99SESPORT:

Definitely...

The Firestone at Park and Avenue K in Plano is excellent and they do excellent work. It's the one shop that I've NEVER had to take anything back to to have it redone...

Ask for CHAD or JEFF. They are great guys. Rob is a new guy up there, and he seems to also know his stuff...

© CEG Archives