Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Static My Sandrail pics!!! - 12/31/04 04:58 PM
ok keep in mind the the front end is gonna be extended out so the motor is mid mounted.

Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: My Sandrail pics!!! - 01/01/05 06:13 AM
A sandrail without a VW aircooled drivetrain? No tubular frame? Dang man, you're treading in new territory.

What is that, a 2.3L Pinto engine?
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: My Sandrail pics!!! - 01/01/05 09:22 AM
I liek beer.
Posted By: AquaFBody Re: My Sandrail pics!!! - 01/01/05 09:25 AM
nice ill post some pics of mine in progress
Posted By: Static Re: My Sandrail pics!!! - 01/01/05 11:15 AM
2.0 jeep motor. and the front end is going to be tubular and it will have a full cage. pretty much every thing that is going on after what you see in the pic is going to be tube. that motor is acutally out of a 97 jeep that was FI we had to go to a junk yard and get a carb,mani,and dizzy. we also had to get and ignition module and hotwire it to bypass the computer. the motor runs now and hopefully this thing will be driving before summer. just a factor of money and time.
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: My Sandrail pics!!! - 01/02/05 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Static:
2.0 jeep motor. and the front end is going to be tubular and it will have a full cage. pretty much every thing that is going on after what you see in the pic is going to be tube. that motor is acutally out of a 97 jeep that was FI we had to go to a junk yard and get a carb,mani,and dizzy. we also had to get and ignition module and hotwire it to bypass the computer. the motor runs now and hopefully this thing will be driving before summer. just a factor of money and time.

After asking you last night if that was a 2.3L Ford engine, I remembered all 2.3's were OHC, and your engine was obviously an OHV engine. I racked my brain (or what brain cells are left, after last night), and couldn't think who built a modern OHV engine anymore. Didn't think of jeep.
© CEG Archives