Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TexasRealtor San Antonio Run - 12/23/04 04:30 AM
Anyone interested in a run down Devils Backbone to end up in San Marcos for a margarita at Grins?
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 12/23/04 08:02 AM
Yes.
Posted By: Wallace487 Re: San Antonio Run - 12/23/04 02:52 PM
Must be nice to live in the big city... organizing things at the last minute like that!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: San Antonio Run - 12/23/04 02:53 PM
Originally posted by infuryum:
Yes.

It's like the river float thread all over again.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: San Antonio Run - 12/23/04 05:45 PM
OOh!! OOh!! I'll Come!!!! Who's Got A Map??
Posted By: Zum Re: San Antonio Run - 12/23/04 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Wallace487:
Must be nice to live in the big city... organizing things at the last minute like that!

organizing still doesnt mean that it will happen.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 12/23/04 09:22 PM
i Love THE d.b. I live just west of there, on 32, outside Blanco.. so a run to San Marcos is only 35 or 45 minutes, or so. I am IN.. you'd have to pass my house to get there, either way.. stop on by fot something to drink and a warm place to relax!!!!!

TONS of pavement for about 10 cars or so..

Let me know..

830-833-0214 (Ray)

Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 12/24/04 01:28 AM
Cars and drinks what more can you ask for . Im in, San Marcus is not that far from me.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: San Antonio Run - 12/24/04 04:05 PM
Let's try to plan a run in January sometime.
Frohe Weihnachten!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 12/24/04 05:59 PM
What road is the Backbone? Where's it start and where does it end? Depending on the weekend, I'd be down. I can also bring a friend or two.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 12/24/04 06:55 PM
The Devil's Backbone is a short stretch that runs from between BLANCO, TX, and SAN MARCOS, TX. It is US HWY 32, and if you are looking at a map, it is between where US 32 and US 12 split, heads west and goes to about 10 miles before US 281

Not incredibly twisty, or anything, but beautiful hill country views...

Ray
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: San Antonio Run - 12/24/04 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
What road is the Backbone? Where's it start and where does it end? Depending on the weekend, I'd be down. I can also bring a friend or two.

It's a short but wicked litle run. It's on RR 32 by Canyon Lake between FM 3424 and Purgatory Rd. It used to be kinda hairy when it was just two lanes back in the 80's, but it's 4 lanes now and greeeaat!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 12/24/04 11:21 PM
Just got back from doing that exact run, just now. Ran in to the outlets and back.. It was GREEEATTTTTT...

Ray
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: San Antonio Run - 01/05/05 10:23 PM
Anyone?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/05/05 10:43 PM
You know I'm in.. (I'm practically in that run every day or so...)

Ray
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/06/05 02:33 PM
Man I wish I could drive down for a run. Im going skiing for the next week then school. How bad are the cops?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/06/05 05:13 PM
Well, in this particular area, its a rinky-dink town, with only 3 cops to its name. so.. odds are you can counta ll of them in the local store parking lot before you leave.

Ray
Posted By: GS474 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/06/05 08:44 PM
well im interested i live in sa

p me with some info
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/06/05 10:17 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Anyone?

yes.

Originally posted by Pale Horse:
OOh!! OOh!! I'll Come!!!!

Originally posted by Ray:
I am IN..

Originally posted by DirtySVT:
Im in,

I'd be down.

Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: San Antonio Run - 01/06/05 10:44 PM
Anyone?

yes.

I am IN..

Im in,

I'd be down.

Now, what day of the week? Wednesdays work best for me.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/06/05 11:17 PM
Im down but have school during the week so only weekends for me.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/06/05 11:31 PM
Weekends, in general are best for us..

(Jenna and I, or just myself...)

Ray
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 12:51 AM
Anyone?

yes.

I am IN..

Im in,

I'd be down.

Now, what day of the week? Wednesdays work best for me.

**Sitting In Directors Chair Holding Megaphone**
....And Cue The Excuses!!....
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 01:12 AM
Sunday or Monday are best for me.

We could take a poll on which day of the week. Then take it from there. I can always try to adjust my days off for that week.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 01:24 AM
So far that makes two of us that are okay with Sundays..
(1314 and myself)

One for Wednesdays..

Try this:

When do you want to say you are going, and then not go?
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Ray
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 02:02 AM
i got 1st vote , VOTE OR DIE!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 02:19 AM
I PITY DA' FOOL WHO THINKS HE GOT FIRST VOTE!!

You think I wouldn't vote on my own poll?

Sorry.. you gots second place, mista!

Ray
Posted By: dorf tourcon_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 03:06 AM
My work schedule changes every week so I need at least a week's advance notice so I can ask for time off.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 03:15 AM
I PITY DA' FOOL WHO THINKS HE GOT FIRST VOTE!!

You think I wouldn't vote on my own poll?

Sorry.. you gots second place, mista!

Ray

yeah I thought it was funny that i was the 1st . well 2nd place is the 1st looser!
Posted By: lsneo Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 03:35 AM
yea just give me a date and ill try to go.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: San Antonio Run - 01/07/05 10:18 PM
Alright... there were six people in total quoted by TR (including himself) that wanted to run this, and there are six votes. Since voting hasn't occured in a while, I will assume that we are done.

Sundays have the lead, and if that is going to be an indication then I am going to make some concrete plans.

Here's how it works.

Thos same six that voted (myself included) will vote on the following poll:

Which Sunday? MAKE TIME OFF.. no excuses!!!
Sunday the 8th
Sunday the 15th
Sunday the 22nd
Sunday the 29th

Those are the only sundays in January. It will happen in January as stated in the first post of this thread.

I go for NEXT Sunday (not this sunday, as that will give even the "I need to schedule time off" people time.

Ray
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 12:35 AM
Those dates are all Saturdays.

I'll vote for the "15th" (really the 16th), but so far I'm free for every Sunday this month and can make sure I stay free. Then the only thing we'll have to watch for is the weather and have a rain date.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 12:40 AM
I officially suck...

Ray
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 12:44 AM
Where's Kokokameleon? He should definitely go and stop the "disband SCCEG" stuff.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 04:51 AM
Looks like Sunday the 16th is the day. The tentative plan is this:
Start off in new Braunfels and rip up Hwy 46 to Spring Branch (there is a cool little FM Rd. off 46 to Spring Branch but I'll have to look up the #). Go up Hwy 281 a couple of miles and come back RR32 through Devils Back Bone to San Marcos. There is a picnic area in the middle of the BB we could stop at for some pics. Then end up at Grins for refreshments in San Marcos. Opine?
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 05:03 AM
Sounds like a plan to me. Now i need to put all of my oerformance mods back on the car. I just had the car inspected today and had to make the car stock.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 05:17 AM
Sounds good to me. I'm happier knowing that I'm doing this before I get my front bumper repainted and new headlights. Bring on the bugs.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 05:50 AM
If you are talking about FM311 (angles off to the right, crosses a light, and then winds through an out-woods road, crosses a small bridge, then comes in on 281 at a gas station), then its a nice view too.

Sounds like a plan to me.. I am in. (but you knew that..)
Driving times are as follows:

Leg 1:
New Braunfels (location TBD) to Spring Branch
Total Est. Time: 48 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 24.31 miles

Stop in Spring Branch for restrooms, gas, snacks or drinks.

Leg 2:
Spring Branch to Fischer, Tx
Total Est. Time: 32 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 29.96 miles

Leg 3:
Fischer, TX through "The Devil's Backbone" to San Marcos, Tx

Total Est. Time: 42 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 22.31 miles

TOTAL TRIP DISTANCE: 76.58 miles
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours, 3 minutes, plus photos.

We are looking at roughly 35 minutes, or so for photos, so right at 3 hours with gas stops in SB and photos.

Grins is a good place to be, and depending on the drive home some have ahead of them (one hour here..) I should leave by 8:30-ish or 9..

Let's bank a couple of hours at Grins, JUST IN CASE we enjoy this whole "meet" thing (Its new to SC, so let's play it safe.. lol)

5 hours to be spent in all... from 9 is 4 or earlier leaving from NB.

Anyone have anything terribly wrong with this projected plan?

EDIT: I have room for one or a couple at our place for those coming from further away than myself or Texas Realtor. (I don't know what kind of spare room he has..

It's a twin bed, in a bedroom (Sister's room when she isn't out of town.. and if all else fails I have a pull out couch in the living room, that is a queen.)

Anyone else have room to spare?

Ray
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 04:05 PM
Sounds good to me. I already let my wife know, but I haven't decided if she's going yet. Actually, if we can get a sitter for my little rugrat, she'll come along. Work shouldn't be a problem and I'll let them know on Monday not to schedule me for that Sunday.

What time are we trying to get started?

PS: If there is anyone who has a problem with the date, speak up. I don't want to pass up on OT if this doesn't happen on the 16th.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 04:11 PM
I think the earlier we get it started in the day (instead of 4-ish like I stated) the better it would be for those coming from N. of Dallas or Houston, etc..

Maybe 12:00 or so?

ALL we need is to finalize this deal with an acceptance of the date, and an "I'm in"...

Ray
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 04:14 PM
Yeah, I was hoping for an early start time. Earlier times should also provide less traffic on a Sunday morning. We're coming from Houston and I'm estimating 2 1/2 hours to get there since that's what it takes to get to Austin. I don't mind getting an early start.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 04:15 PM
Where's Kokokameleon? He should definitely go and stop the "disband SCCEG" stuff.

Hahahaha, I like that name Kokoameleon. As for the meet, sounds sweet! I'm going to attend, just working out details. I'm down for earlier as well. I think I might come in the night before or something. I haven't been to Austin yet.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 04:20 PM
Hopefully you can attend!! San Marcos is not far from Austin at all, so you could actually head straight up 35N after Grins to see Austin.. (Or do it the day before...)

Like I said.. let me know early enough and I could probably hold someone at the house, here..

I live centrally located between all these things going on. San Antonio, Austin, New Braunfels, and San Marcos. (1 hour to all from Blanco.)

Ray
Posted By: GS474 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 05:09 PM
make shure yall take pics
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 05:13 PM
And why aren't you coming, mister?

Ray
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 05:47 PM
Sounds good to me. I already let my wife know, but I haven't decided if she's going yet. Actually, if we can get a sitter for my little rugrat, she'll come along.

Im in the same boat although i think the wife will probly stay home. As far as an earlier time goes i think 12:00 ish is perfect.
Posted By: GS474 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/08/05 09:22 PM
kinda
short on funds probly gonna pick up a few shifts at work

plus even though ive been driving for about 7 years i still don't know my way around outa san antonio i hardly ever go outa town

and id pobly get my ass lost big time but i wanna see pics

its on the 16th so i still have some time to decide

Posted By: SVTLAY_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/09/05 04:08 AM
I wish i could go guys but going out of town. This sucks because the 3Liter is running very good right now. You all wouldn't mind moving it to the following sunday?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/09/05 04:34 PM
If you are talking about FM311 (angles off to the right, crosses a light, and then winds through an out-woods road, crosses a small bridge, then comes in on 281 at a gas station), then its a nice view too.

Sounds like a plan to me.. I am in. (but you knew that..)
Driving times are as follows:

Leg 1:
New Braunfels (location TBD) to Spring Branch
Total Est. Time: 48 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 24.31 miles

Stop in Spring Branch for restrooms, gas, snacks or drinks.

Leg 2:
Spring Branch to Fischer, Tx
Total Est. Time: 32 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 29.96 miles

Leg 3:
Fischer, TX through "The Devil's Backbone" to San Marcos, Tx

Total Est. Time: 42 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 22.31 miles

TOTAL TRIP DISTANCE: 76.58 miles
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours, 3 minutes, plus photos.

We are looking at roughly 35 minutes, or so for photos, so right at 3 hours with gas stops in SB and photos.

Grins is a good place to be, and depending on the drive home some have ahead of them (one hour here..) I should leave by 8:30-ish or 9..

Let's bank a couple of hours at Grins, JUST IN CASE we enjoy this whole "meet" thing (Its new to SC, so let's play it safe.. lol)

5 hours to be spent in all... from 9 is 4 or earlier leaving from NB.

Anyone have anything terribly wrong with this projected plan?

EDIT: I have room for one or a couple at our place for those coming from further away than myself or Texas Realtor. (I don't know what kind of spare room he has..

It's a twin bed, in a bedroom (Sister's room when she isn't out of town.. and if all else fails I have a pull out couch in the living room, that is a queen.)

Anyone else have room to spare?

Ray

Sounds like a plan. We could meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot in front of the Taco Bell at noon. The Walmart is in New Braunfels at I-35 and Walnut. From SA, exit Walnut. Turn Rt on Walnut and you'll see the Walmart/TB on your rt. From Austin, take the Walnut exit. Turn left under I-35 and you'll see it on the Rt.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/09/05 09:55 PM
Ray

Sounds like a plan. We could meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot in front of the Taco Bell at noon. The Walmart is in New Braunfels at I-35 and Walnut. From SA, exit Walnut. Turn Rt on Walnut and you'll see the Walmart/TB on your rt. From Austin, take the Walnut exit. Turn left under I-35 and you'll see it on the Rt.

Sounds good can't wait.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/09/05 10:47 PM
Originally posted by johnwilliams474:
plus even though ive been driving for about 7 years i still don't know my way around outa san antonio i hardly ever go outa town and id pobly get my ass lost big time but i wanna see pics

If you can find I-35, then you can get to New Braunfels...
Head N. on 35, until you get to NB, then exit Walnut, and turn right... there we are on the right..

You don't have to worry about getting lost while you are in our group... I have been thinking about it, and one of us that knows the rural trip should take lead, and the other on the 6. (EDIT: oops.. I mean on the end of the group)

All you gotta do is get there... looking at 75 miles-ish total, so a quarter tank of gas... even at premium you are looking at 5.80 in gas for the round trip.

12:00 it is.

Ray
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/09/05 11:34 PM
Originally posted by johnwilliams474:

plus even though ive been driving for about 7 years i still don't know my way around outa san antonio i hardly ever go outa town

and id pobly get my ass lost big time but i wanna see pics

its on the 16th so i still have some time to decide

Im leaving from San Antonio so you can follow me to the meet and back if you need, and iits almost impossible to get lost going to New B from S.A.
Posted By: lsneo Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/10/05 01:53 AM
how are the roads there? ill go if the roads are nice and flat. As bruce can tell you that my car sits pretty dang low. Im expecting my car to go into the paint shop on wednesday so my car should be out by that time. Id like to get to SA on a saturday so that i wont have to show up with a hot car all late.I guess ill be the only zetec?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/10/05 02:18 AM
Roads within our outlined trip are well-paved, and of high-use. Level, and smooth. They are in the hill-country, so don't get me wrong, there are climbs, etc... Nothing to worry about on a dropped car (except, perhaps, the bridge crossing on 311, but even that is relatively smoothed out, and nothing that angling across it won't fix..

Ray
Posted By: bluelion Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/10/05 06:16 AM
Originally posted by lsneo:
I guess ill be the only zetec?

no you wont, i'm going also. i'm 1314's bro. i got a zx2.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/10/05 04:19 PM
how are the roads there? ill go if the roads are nice and flat. As bruce can tell you that my car sits pretty dang low. Im expecting my car to go into the paint shop on wednesday so my car should be out by that time. Id like to get to SA on a saturday so that i wont have to show up with a hot car all late.I guess ill be the only zetec?

No worries Julio, the roads are great. Whoever has a radar detector can lead and I'll bring up the back door. We'll have 2 stops. One in Spring Branch after the FM 311 run and one on Devil's Back Bone for pics(someone remember to bring a digital camera). And for those who have never been to Grin's, it was my hangout in College. Burgers, margs, beer, etc.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/10/05 05:05 PM
(someone remember to bring a digital camera).

I'm bringing bring my digital camera and camcorder for sure.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/10/05 05:59 PM
(someone remember to bring a digital camera).

I'm bringing bring my digital camera and camcorder for sure.

Same here... Possibly two of them..

I have a radar detector.. I don't mind taking the lead..

Although: I know what I like to drive on those roads.. I don't know what everyone else would be comfortable with. I think I will just stick to the limit +-5 for obvious reasons...

Anyone against this, or have other ideas? prefer a slower ride, etc?

(PS.. At the DB I will be waiting on the other side!!!! It's just so much more fun going a little faster..)

Ray
Posted By: lsneo Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/11/05 12:50 AM
ill ride towards the back cuz if i see a bump ill have to slow down alot. ill post pics of what my car looks like right now. car is going for paint on thursday and should be out by sat morning. Anyone have any open rooms for me and my fiancee? or i could just get a hotel but i rather be with someone so that i can leave and not get lost. Everytime i go to SA i get lost even if i have map and directions.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/12/05 05:24 PM
any body know what the weather is going to be like for the run?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/12/05 05:36 PM

Maps... travel... weather...
Nobody knows how to do this stuff but me? (Maybe I should work for the news..)

Ray
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/12/05 06:35 PM
any body know what the weather is going to be like for the run?

Sunny and high in the 50's.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/13/05 11:50 PM
OK. I'm trying to get everything down for sure before the weekend.

-We're meeting at WalMart on I-35 and Walnut at 12:00pm (NOON).
-We'll eat at Grins, which I'm assuming is in San Marcos since that's where Leg 3 ends.
-Plan on approximately 5 hours (starting at noon) for total drive time and food at Grins.

I don't forsee getting lost since I can read a map and can handle directions. But, if Ray or someone else familiar with the area would PM me their cell just in case, I'd appreciate it.

We also need to get a head count so that we make sure we don't leave until everyone has arrived.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/14/05 12:02 AM
Okay...

Headcount list, and number of cars in party: (add on by copy and paste, then add your name:

1: Ray and Jenna (1 car)
2:

Cell phone is available for use: 830-822-4175

1 Last minutes notes: Bring any FRS band radios you may have. We have two, so someone can use one of ours.

2 Bring a cell phone, and a digicam if available.
3 My wife says to bring her some sweets for the baby.. (lol)

Ray
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/14/05 12:24 AM
2: Erick and maybe Lisa (1 car)
3: Gary (1 car)
4:
5:
6:
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/14/05 01:22 AM
4: Daniel (1 car)
5:
6:
Posted By: dorf tourcon_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/14/05 05:45 AM
5: Wen (1 car)
6:
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/14/05 06:06 AM
Not that this is a big damper for anyone, but I'm going to have to back out of this one folks, sorry. The business trip that was planned there was canceled. I really looked forward to meeting you all. If I can find a way to make it happen, I will.
Posted By: lsneo Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/14/05 03:49 PM
put me in as a maybe. 1 car 3 people.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/14/05 05:20 PM
Originally posted by dorf tourcon:
6: Bruce (1 car)

Posted By: TexasRealtor Hill Country Run - 01/14/05 05:22 PM
7:
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/14/05 11:12 PM
7: Jorge and Kat (1 Chevy Cavalier)

If lsneo can make it, that's four cars from Houston.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/15/05 04:25 PM
OK. Coming from Houston, my plan is to take I-10 West. I'm guessing I'll take 46 off of I-10 up to New Braunfels. When 40 intersects I-35, do I go North or South on 35 to Walnut?
Also, does anyone know how long the drive from I-10 to 35?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/15/05 05:06 PM
Approx 12.5 miles, (22.minutes.)

From 10, EXIT 46 (It will say "Seguin, TX, next three exits. I think it is the THIRD exit.)

There will be a Jack in the Box on the corner across from you, after you exit, and come down to the light.

HEAD RIGHT(NORTH), up and over the small-ish bridge you see to your right.

STAY on 46 NORTH approx 10 miles to NEW BRAUNFELS
(Cops are bad that stretch keep it at speed limit.)

First overpass you get to will be I-35. Go LEFT (SOUTH)

EXIT 186 WALNUT AVE.

Turn LEFT on WALNUT, and Taco bell is on the RIGHT.

Ray
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/15/05 05:08 PM
put me in as a maybe. 1 car 3 people.

I am hoping before tonight that you will know for sure, so we can expect you or not in the headcount.

Let's keep the list to definite people only, though, to make sure we don't forget anyone when we are there.

Ray
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/15/05 08:12 PM
My cell is (210)218-6467. Give Ray or me a call if anyone is running late. We'll hang out in the Wal-mart parking lot for about 30 minutes and plan to head out at 12:30pm. That's should get us to Grins about 3:00pm for burgers and refreshments.

Bruce Inman
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/16/05 03:23 AM
I'm off to bed (gotta get energy for the big day, tomorrow.... ) Actually, the wife if going to bed, and if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.. She'd prefer to sleep better, with me in bed, than at the computer..

Anyway.. any last minute things can be posted tonight, I will read the forum in the morning. I am leaving at 1030, so call my cell at 830-833-4175 after 10:30.

See you guys there, and DRIVE CAREFUL.. rather you be late than gone.

Ray
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/16/05 04:04 AM
Cell phone is available for use: 830-822-4175

so call my cell at 830-833-4175 after 10:30.

I'm leaving around 8AM, so if I need to call, I'll try both numbers.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/16/05 04:20 AM
I just saw the weather, sunny and 59 for the high.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/16/05 04:22 AM
Oh yea, HOW "BOUT THEM ROCKETS!!!!
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Small Texas Meet! - 01/16/05 04:13 PM
getting ready to leave in about 30 min, see you guys there.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Hill Country Run - 01/17/05 12:21 AM
7: Jorge and Kat (1 Chevy Cavalier)

Awesome cruise today, awesome weather, awesome people, awesome strawberry margaritas.

...I just wish I could think of one word to describe it.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/17/05 01:50 AM
here are some pics from the run copy and pate em. I shrunk them down a bit for faster loading.

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00702.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00706.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00708.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00711.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00712.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00713.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00714.JPG
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Hill Country Run - 01/17/05 05:08 AM
here are some pics from the run copy and pate em. I shrunk them down a bit for faster loading.

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00702.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00706.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00708.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00711.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00712.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00713.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/contoursvt/DSC00714.JPG

I can't open.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/17/05 06:11 AM

edited - Angelfire does not support hotlinking -louisw
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/17/05 06:47 PM
PICS
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Hill Country Run - 01/18/05 04:30 AM
Nice, nice, I wished I coulda made it. Well, if anyone is in Houston, I'll be down there for the week starting tomorrow, wanna hook up?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Hill Country Run - 01/18/05 06:10 PM
Did ya'll make it to the Outlet Mall?
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/18/05 06:23 PM
Did ya'll make it to the Outlet Mall?

Thank god my wife did not go or ealse she would have talked me into going to the outlets with them and spend our grocery money on clothes for her since she can never find anything to wear even though she has her own closet full of cloths.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Hill Country Run - 01/18/05 09:49 PM
We made it to the Outlets. Then we drove to Austin and hit up Stubbs Barbeque. We all got back to Houston at 10:30pm.
Posted By: lsneo Re: Hill Country Run - 01/18/05 11:31 PM
call me. 832 four six six 5498
© CEG Archives