* I was told the New Mustang will be there*
Schedule:
Gates open 8:00am
Car Show Judging 9:00am - 1:00pm
Time Trials Begin 9:00am
Eliminations 1:30pm
Show Awards 3:00pm
Special Events scheduled throughout the day

Show Clases will have over 25 all-Ford classes plus specialty awartd for Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Engine & Best of Show.
*** Smokiest Burnout Contest*** haha not the best class for CSVT's

Prices:
Racer & Show $30
*includes car & driver, licence plate, and eligibility for show awards.
Show Only $25
Swap Meet [20' x 20' area] $30
Spectator $12

****FOR MORE INFO (303) 697-4870 or www.BANDIMERE.COM

I plan on attending this event. Maybe we could have another mini meet here. If we show up early enough we might be able to get a location especially for CSVT's/Focus/SHO.
What do you guys think. The price is great and there would be lots to look at and go do. Maybe even get some good times from those contour's/SHO's that we all love.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/13/04 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfly:
If we show up early enough we might be able to get a location especially for CSVT's/Focus/SHO.

are you talking about showing?
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/13/04 08:12 PM
I plan on going. I have to wait and see where I am at in my moving. I hope to be done by that Sunday. Have to wait and see if the wife will let me go ? I hate moving and I just want to get it done fast. I will let you all know if I can make it or not. -B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/13/04 10:05 PM
I'm undecided at the moment. Gotta see if I have the cash for it, but it sounds like a blast. Today I'm working on painting the plastic on the side mirrors to match the body, but the damn stuff keeps bubbling despite my attempts to sand, wash with dawn (heard that gets rid of oils) and everything else. Any tips?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/13/04 11:01 PM
hijack!

did you use primer?
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/13/04 11:50 PM
I had to use very very light coats of primer about 20 min apart.

My car is still in the shop and no word yet on the problem. But I expect it will be finished by that Sunday.

As for showing yes, I plan on it. Just cause its included in the $30 dollar entry fee. We need to represent the CSVT's out there. Plus the place is full of Ford fans, and they love to see our cars.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/14/04 01:32 AM
Allright, I'll resand and respray the mirrors tomorrow. The Fusion paint recommends no primer, so no, I didn't use primer on these. Perhaps I'll try some, I think i have a spare can laying around.... I put them on the car unbolted just to see the new look, since from a distance you can't see the bubbles, just a glossy black. Looks great, I can't wait to get this done right and put em back on! Next mod: Clear Corners beware!!! or I have some mad rear bumper hang that needs fixing somehow...
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/14/04 06:03 AM
All the SHO guys and Thunderbird guys are going to the event. I talked to acouple of SHO's and they said they would like CSVT to park with them. We should make a list of all that is going to go. We can meet at the gas station right by Bandi. I cant wait to see the SHO's and CSVT together again. Oh yeah, and about 5000 Mustangs ! -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/14/04 06:57 AM
silly mustangs.

hmm, i will show if others are. will give me an excuse to finally get my mirrors painted, claybar and wax, and if im feeling saucy, clean up my uber dusty engine bay

i think im going to be doing that on friday. if anyone in the denver area is interested and has a driveway, maybe we can have a clean fest. you wash my back, ill wash yours

were talking about cars still, right? haha, i get out of class at 1:15 so we would have some daylight still.
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/14/04 01:38 PM
The Colorado SHO club is down...
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/14/04 04:16 PM
Damnit chris! I think I'm leaving Friday for McOnaughay, any chance we can claybar and wax your ride on Thursday? I'll even let you put clear corners on my car!! Or maybe we could do it sometime the following week. Good luck with your finals

And in case anyone missed the Rockies Run post, I'll be going to Ford Fest.

P.S. I was flipping through my car papers last night, and came across my SuperChip. I thought I had it installed, but I must've not reinstalled it after I took it out to get the codes pulled. Hellooo better gas mileage!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/14/04 07:57 PM
yeah you going to be around on tuesday? thats my last final and working on my car is good stress relief. i actually did my clear corners after my last test. . .

should get done around 1, so could be down in denver by 2. i have a DMD awaiting install as well. you got a torque wrench? any other mods you want to do? maybe we can get 'em done.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/14/04 11:38 PM
Got word back on my Family-4-Door.
Drivers side wheel bearing is shot, Bearing hub is shot, speed sensor was hitting the axle, and my rotors need to be machined cause of damage during flight.
I can see it now. "we machined your rotors but they are now below the recommended thickness. You now need two new rotors."

Total price including tax will be around $735. They said that the Steering knuckle might be bad too but cant tell till they get the new parts on it.

Looks like I will be able to atleast make the Ford Fest after all.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 06:41 AM

$735, that sucks. I am sorry about that. Is it because of lowering the car or just wear and tear ? I love spending money on mods, but when stuff breaks, that sucks! I need a brake job soon, getting squeaky. The pedal is loosing feeling, to many high speed stops. lol
$30 to enter the Show at Ford Fest, All the Sho's and CSVT are parking together. Get there early. -B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 07:18 AM
I need to change my pads soon as well. Maybe we could help eachother out? I'm sure after doing one car, it wouldn't be too bad to do another, even if we could only get one car done together, and the other had to be done alone, mine or yours. Has anyone changed pads on these cars? I've only done drums on my 74 Roadrunner, and 88 Jetta, not discs. Although I hear that they are pretty damn easy compared to drums.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 12:33 PM
I Just did it last week before I took the Tour into Keller Bros. Its cake, the three of us can get together and do it in 1 hour for both cars. *allowing time for regulated breaks *
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 02:23 PM
Sounds good, let's try to hit it before Ford Fest, I can respray my caliper's while we're down there too. This could turn out to be a nice mini meet, since Chris and I were talking about getting together before Ford Fest and cleaning our cars, and clear cornering mine. Oh and BTW, I finished the mirrors, still not ENTIRELY satisfied with the job I did, so once again, I'm going to take them off and redo them. I'm hopeless. BBQ and minimeet at Mario's??
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 06:00 PM
What day ? and What time ? I have to buy some pads if this is a go. Never have done the brakes, should be a learning experience. I might have to wait until after Ford Fest. I donâ??t get my first pay check until Aug 1st !!! But keep me informed, I might just come to see how itâ??s done, then I can do it myself. Anyone have caliper spray paint ? I always wanted to paint them. I will do that while you are doing pads. Sounds good. -B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 06:28 PM
I don't have anymore, but my brother and I sprayed mine a couple years back with the Red high temp caliper paint. If I find some, I'll pick up 2 cans, and you can just pay me back. Assuming you want red... which I know you do.

What's a good pad anyone? I know they aren't that expensive, but I'd like to get one that will last me a while, and occasionally be put under high stress, as auto x'ing keeps calling my name.... so once I have the money, I think I'll delve into that a li'l bit.

As far as a date, and place, what do you think Mario? Not trying to put pressure on you, I just know that you're pretty centrally located, but let us know. Date, how about the Saturday before Ford Fest? 26th, I think.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 07:24 PM
you can get brakes from stazi. pm him.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/15/04 08:03 PM
I just paid 39.99 for two front pads from Advanced AutoParts in Thornton. They were the only ones in Colorado that had anything instock. Checkers has some but they were wrong kind. Different part # in book and computer.?.?. I dont go there anymore.

As far as a date, the Saturday before Ford Fest sounds the best indeed. I have a BBQ and can make some Bonzai Burgers. That is if you like Beef, Pineapple grilled with special Teriyaki sauce. Some good old fashioned BBQ backed beans, and chips.

Atleast by then I hope that my car will be fixed, they called today and sure enough told me that the rotors are now too thin, but im using them anyway. Factory says that anything below 875/1000 is unsafe and mine are 872/100... and 868/1000. Unsafe my AZZ thats still over 85% rotor left.
And now the Bearing race is stuck in the stearing knuckles and they are using a torch.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 05:10 AM
Well those Bonzai Burgers sound delicious! I'll PM stazi as soon as this post is done for some decent pads.

In relation to the rotor being too "thin", I took my 88 Jetta to Brakes Plus (I think that's the one, whichever has the $99 advertised brake job) one time.
Now I'm not a brake guru, but I do know enough to know that my brakes were just fine, just needed the drums to be turned and new shoes. I can't believe those guys, their method of business was horrible.
He Starts with a "free" estimation of the brake condition, so they jacked up the Jetta and opened up the drums, then gave me the quote, $860. I was told that they needed to replace the entire brake system except for the master cylinder, and one of the things was that all 4 drums were too thin to be turned... BS!!
I said no way, so the guy responds with, well this is your brake system, you can't really bargain with your brakes, and I've already torn apart your brake system for you (I thought it was free). So he starts crossing off things "I could do without" and the lowest he could go was $600.... I took it to a friend of a friends shop for him to take a second opinion on it, he said the brakes were just fine, just needed what I already knew, turned drums and new shoes.
The real kicker was that one of the drum bolts was stripped, so Brakes Plus says to get the bolt out would probably be $70 in labor, and since it's a German car, the bolt would have to be ordered factory direct, and would cost $30 . I hacked the bolt off in 30 mins, and got a replacement from the dealership for $1.99. By the way, with getting the drums turned at carquest, and new shoes, it cost me about $50, and haven't had any problems at ALL .

Long post, but that's just one of my worst car fix stories I've been through. Some people make me sick .

EDIT: Agreed with ya there below this post Kingpin, very sad. And BTW, I have heard good stories about the Brakes Plus in Englewood, so maybe it's not all of their branches, but this one was in Highlands Ranch off of County Line. Warn ALL!!!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 05:18 AM
sadly many people are too dumb to realize they are being had
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 06:41 AM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
I don't have anymore, but my brother and I sprayed mine a couple years back with the Red high temp caliper paint. If I find some, I'll pick up 2 cans, and you can just pay me back. Assuming you want red... which I know you do.

What's a good pad anyone? I know they aren't that expensive, but I'd like to get one that will last me a while, and occasionally be put under high stress, as auto x'ing keeps calling my name.... so once I have the money, I think I'll delve into that a li'l bit.

As far as a date, and place, what do you think Mario? Not trying to put pressure on you, I just know that you're pretty centrally located, but let us know. Date, how about the Saturday before Ford Fest? 26th, I think.

I have 3 days off, and cause my car aint movin , I am going to start to paint mine bed tomorrow. Red with white SVT? But at least red. Will High temp engine paint work? And I am sending mu tranny to HMS tomorrow!!!!!! No I got to save for instlation.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 06:46 AM
wait WHAT?! I can hardly understand what you're saying. Red Calipers with White SVT? Would Red High Temp Engine Paint work?
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 07:13 AM
Dragonfly, need an addy. so I can print up a map. I hope to make it. Yeah I want red paint, if you buy it I will pay you back. I am going to look at the price of pads, will probley do it too. Do you have to bleed the brakes when you change the pads ? Like I said, I have never done brakes before. My friend that did my turbo always hooks me up at cost on brakes. But it would be cool to learn how to do it myself.
Brakesplus is the biggest JOKE in the world. I have a story too, but I wont put you all through it.
Sounds like a mini meet too me !
Pick a time ? -B.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 12:25 PM
3296 S Grape St. Denver, CO 80222
Home- (303) 765-6295
Cell- (720) 937-5688

As far as the High temp Engine Paint. I have heard that it will not hold the color to well. Brake paint is rated at a higher temp actually. The engine paint I have is rated at 500 degrees F.... I have some paint for breaks that is rated at 900 degrees F its red even

So we are looking at the Saturday before Ford Fest. 6-26

Just an FYI.... if you come over prepair yourself to be around Dexter, my 13 week chocolate lab. He will lick you to death.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 03:16 PM
Randy, no you don't have to bleed the brakes. I only know how to do them in text, but I don't have any personal experience. This is my simple understanding of disc pad change. You remove the caliper bolts (which hold the caliper closed and in position), then slide the caliper off the disc, using a C clamp to keep pressure on them so they don't fall apart, then unscrew the old pads, put in new pads, and just reinstall. I'm probably way off, but that's what I've heard and read.

Mario, how much of that red caliper paint do you have left? I figure if that autozone on Broadway (you said it was near you?) has it in stock, we could just pick up some more when we run out. Oh, and I'll bring my sandpaper and plastic polish so we can clear up those headlights of yours as well.

I'm excited for this li'l meet/repairs/mods/BBQ!! Gonna be a nice day I hope
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 03:45 PM
wait WHAT?! I can hardly understand what you're saying. Red Calipers with White SVT? Would Red High Temp Engine Paint work?

yeah, sry, I am a retard after work. Now that i think about it, I am also retarted before and during!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 07:35 PM

I'm excited for this li'l meet/repairs/mods/BBQ!! Gonna be a nice day I hope

hopefully not like today. its miserable out
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 10:41 PM
My car wonâ??t idle. I think my IAC is shot ! It sucks, more repair work, but I did buy a FORD. lol It will idle for the first few min. then dies when I stop. I am sitting at lights revving to keep it alive, anyways, I have won both races because people thought I wanted to race them ! lol
Car runs great other wise. The power is so good right now Looking forward to brake day. Paint the calipers and get rid of the fog on the lights, that will be nice !
So, when is everyone going to show up ? See you all there. -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/16/04 11:21 PM
i bet the iac is easier to do than this!
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 12:22 AM
Got anger?? Lol, least you don't need the oil pressure gauge just to drive, such as Randy and his IAC. Try taking a break from it, but my suggestion is that you simply meet up with Derek this weekend since he's in town, and have him help you! Duh!!

Oh and I'll probably show up whenever's earliest and most convenient for Mario. I usually am up around 8:30, so what's a good time to start the day?
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 04:15 AM
I was thinking afternoon, meet around 12 and then make some lunch and work on cars until evening. But whatever, I have to be moved in before I can go play ! So the later would be better. -B.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 04:22 AM
I have a full can of that 900 Degree Red Paint.
Also an after 12 meet sounds the best, that way incase I have to work I can do it early and get done.

I need to get some used tires so bad. The camber on my car eats tires faster than the burgers will go at the meet.
Anybody have some that will fit I can buy? Need two but 4 would be even better.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 04:40 AM
I think it will take more then one can to do 3 sets of cars. If you buy more I will pay you back. Should be awesome looking. See you in the afternoon then. -B.
also: Cant wait to do the headlights, the hazing is bad on mine.
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 05:15 AM
Also an after 12 meet sounds the best, that way incase I have to work I can do it early and get done.

I need to get some used tires so bad. The camber on my <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> eats tires faster than the burgers will go at the meet.

Are e1's the same size as e0's? If so I got 2 wit ok tread.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 05:24 AM
my suggestion is that you simply meet up with Derek this weekend since he's in town, and have him help you!

Soliciting my services, eh?

I wanna clear up my headlights... they're getting hazy, too
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Daddy Phat Sacks:

I need to get some used tires so bad. The camber on my <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> eats tires faster than the burgers will go at the meet.

Are e1's the same size as e0's? If so I got 2 wit ok tread.

I believe so, around 205/50/16 feel free to send me a PM and let me know how much you want.
thanks
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 06:05 AM
yes E0 and E1 are the same size.

oh, i dont need red paint. i like the "rusty" look

can anyone bring a torque wrench so i can put on my DMD? ive had its sitting for way too long. . . .

man, ive got a list: mirrors, clay and wax, DMD. . . . getting this dang oil pressure sender to work . maybe i will do the mirrors next week.

on the brighter side, i have a working cell phone now! thanks at&t! though having those signal bars over your head is kinda annoying already
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 06:49 AM
Allright, noon sounds good!

I've got all the grits of sandpaper we can all use for the "de hazing" and alot of meguiars crystal clear plastic polish stuff, but I suggest you guys get a bottle of this for yourself either before/after the meet. I have to reaply it often(every wax or once a month at LEAST) to keep mine looking decently clear, as my hazing was HORRIBLE, and i am still considering giving them another staged sanding since in the sun they still look kinda bad.

My mod list is :
Repaint the side mirrors (for the 3rd time , I suck.) New pads, Sand/Repaint Calipers, I need to flush the coolant sometime, but that is typically a one person job unless we have loads of time left Saturday and someone wants to help out. I need to get my car tuned baaad, but the only way I can do it is through dyno testing and reburning of either my SuperChip or my ProFlow MAF.

Damn you Chris, I still need to get my Cricket phone in for servicing/replacing. I'm so afraid of the horror stories I keep hearing about customer service..
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 12:20 PM

Hey I just found a breaker bar in my tools.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 03:46 PM
Chris - you can always "rent" a torque wrench from Autozone. Just put a deposit down for the wrench, and when you return the wrench in working order, you get all the $ back.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 07:42 PM
hmm, i was under the impression that you couldnt get those. i tried at checker autoparts and they said they didnt rent those. ill call around.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/17/04 10:43 PM
Just found a Torque wrench too, dont rent one.

I picked up the Tour today, it runs great, smooth and like it should.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/18/04 06:00 AM
Where do you guys want to meet for the Ford Fest day. We will have a hard time finding each other if we dont meet up outside the gates. There is a shopping center on the Bandi. exit opposite side of C-470 from Bandi, we could meet there. That gas station will be packed, I think. What do you guys think ? -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/18/04 07:07 AM
yeah, if we are showing, we definitly need to make sure we get to park together. meeting up before hand is a must since bandi will probably be a mess when we get there. shopping center sounds good.
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/18/04 08:08 AM
You guys want to park with us SHO guys? I would like to have the CSVT's and SHO's in the same spot.

Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/18/04 01:15 PM
Last year I got there around 7:30 and there were allready 4 lines 30 cars deep. Gates opened up at 8:00 but I did not get to park untill almost 9:00 was crazy.
Ya YamahaSHO I think we should all park together. But I think we should meet before 7:00 AM in the shop area would be fine.
What do you guys think. It will be an early day but if we meet around 6:30 wait for about 15 min then head to the line we could get in either the first row or second. That way we can get into parking area early and start putting up cones.. *For those who show up later*
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/18/04 01:21 PM
if we meet around 6:30

ugh, maybe i can find a place to crash down there.
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/19/04 02:00 AM
Last year I got there around 7:30 and there were allready 4 lines 30 cars deep. Gates opened up at 8:00 but I did not get to park untill almost 9:00 was crazy.
Ya YamahaSHO I think we should all park together. But I think we should meet before 7:00 AM in the shop area would be fine.
What do you guys think. It will be an early day but if we meet around 6:30 wait for about 15 min then head to the line we could get in either the first row or second. That way we can get into parking area early and start putting up cones.. *For those who show up later*

I can be there as early as you want... I'll post on the CSHOC mialing list and get everyone coordinated.
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/19/04 02:06 AM
Originally posted by yamahaSHO:

I can be there as early as you want... I'll post on the CSHOC mialing list and get everyone coordinated.

You can crash at my place in Aurora if you want...
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/19/04 05:06 AM
Sorry guys but it does not look like I will make the mod day on SAT. I wont get to move into our new place in the Springs until Thursday, and the wife leaves for a week on Sunday. If I dont spend those 3 days unpacking and with her she would be pissed. I hope all of you can understand. I will be there though for Ford Fest, no doubt. 6:30 am, means I leave at 5:15am, thats stinking early ! But I can do it. See you all there -B.
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/19/04 06:02 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
if we meet around 6:30

ugh, maybe i can find a place to crash down there.

Because I quoted the wrong post earlier...

You can crash at my place if you want, I am in Aurora.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/19/04 11:36 AM
Originally posted by blackwidowSVTT:
Sorry guys but it does not look like I will make the mod day on SAT. -B.

Thats no problem man, I'm sure we will have no problems finding a home for your burger we cook.
I would do the samething if I were in your shoes with the move. We will look forward to seeing you at Ford Fest.
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/20/04 07:28 AM
So are we meeting at 6:30am?
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/20/04 07:39 AM
6:30 sounds good for me!! I'll have to set the alarm and get to bed a bit earlier than 2 a.m. now

Got back from Nebraska today. Weather was horrible, so we just ended up hanging out in the house on the lake that my friend's family had paid for already. He had some nephews and such that tagged along for the trip... God, 7-13 year old girls can be sooo annoying. Who woulda thunk? But the old, "24 hours of Beer" trick remedied that .

Anyway, I'm gettin excited for this, got a bit of prep work to do for Saturday, and still need to find pads! Am I the only one changing em out? Who's showin up Saturday? And Randy, maybe we can grub up a digital camera (I don't have access to one for a few weeks now) and get a How-To going for you and other CEG'ers!

Kingpin, did you get the gauges working and in yet?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/20/04 07:31 PM
And Randy, maybe we can grub up a digital camera (I don't have access to one for a few weeks now) and get a How-To going for you and other CEG'ers!

Kingpin, did you get the gauges working and in yet?

i have a digital i can bring, and yes i did get them working. i was missing a ground on the sender since i didnt mount it on the block (which automatically grounds it). ran 1 more wire and that was that. cant believe i missed it (even had an extra note in the instructions about remote mounts. . . )
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: FORD FEST - 06/21/04 04:12 AM
SRY TO YELL BUT I AM SO GOD DAMN HAPPY!!!!! I AM GETING MY TRANNY FIXED. Ordering parts on monday. YEAH MEEEEEE!!!! EDIT sry to hijack dont mind me I am uber stoked. lol.
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/21/04 08:09 AM
I'll be bringing a digital camera as well... I have 288MB to use, I think that should do
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/21/04 03:50 PM
Well for the Saturday hang out, looks like I don't have the funds I thought I did for pads. I could go get some crap Raybestos, but if I'm going to do it, I'd like to do it right. I could still use to paint my calipers, clear corners, and a few other things, but changing the pads looks too pricey in my budget due to a few expenses.

I was thinking perhaps I could pack up the xbox and bring over some racing games or Halo or something like that to do whilst we eat and hang out. What do you guys think?

DaddyPhat, how long till your up and running now? Any chance you'll make Ford Fest this weekend?
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/21/04 04:29 PM
I totally understand about the break pads. I was going to buy some good ones too but I needed new tires..
WHOOT got all 4 tires 205/55/16 for $111.00 Installed with 70k mile plan

Anyways, all you need to bring are controllers, and the game you want to play.I have a Box/PS2... mmmmm and an uber 19" TV.... color even.
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: FORD FEST - 06/21/04 06:04 PM
Well for the Saturday hang out, looks like I don't have the funds I thought I did for pads. I could go get some crap Raybestos, but if I'm going to do it, I'd like to do it right. I could still use to paint my calipers, clear corners, and a few other things, but changing the pads looks too pricey in my budget due to a few expenses.

I was thinking perhaps I could pack up the xbox and bring over some racing games or Halo or something like that to do whilst we eat and hang out. What do you guys think?

DaddyPhat, how long till your up and running now? Any chance you'll make Ford Fest this weekend?

Geting her towed to the shizop tomorrow. So I am hoping 3 weeks. Than I will have 500 miles of break in . Than I want to go on a drive, fast a twisty.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/21/04 07:40 PM
great, another chris and another black svt. im starting to feel threatened

congrats on finally getting that thing back on the road.
Posted By: lindston Re: FORD FEST - 06/21/04 09:24 PM
I need to change my pads and rotors also, is it easy to do? I'm sorta nervous about working on brakes, but saving install cost would be sweet. I'm hoping I can make it sat, I have a lot going on right now but I'll try. I have a torque wrench that's good to about 125 inch-lbs, no help on the DMD but I'll bring it in case anyone wants to do intake manifold work.

Dave
'99 silver frost svt
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 04:12 AM
Dragonfly, where did you get tires that cheap ? I will need new tires soon. I rotated mine again today. That will probley be the last time. They are getting bare, and I am Auto-Xing in a month and a half. Are they a sporty tire, H rated or Z rated, I do hit high speeds Thats why I ask ?
Sat. sounds like so much fun. I am so pissed, the house we wanted got rented out. So, still looking ! I have to move in by Friday !!!! Wish me luck.
See you all Sunday. -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 05:07 AM
aw that sucks, hope you find a new place soon
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 05:39 AM
So Dragonfly, you better have a good garage for us to be doing these mods in!! Gotta love this weather we are getting!

Lindston, will we be helping you with your pads then on Saturday? By we, I of course mean Dragonfly, since he's the only one that's done em before, but I can supervise like nobody's business. I can however dehaze all y'all's headlights!

Randy, good luck with the search/move, you'll get there eventually and when you do, it's housewarming time
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 06:04 AM
Bring your de-hazing stuff to Ford Fest, we will have some down time, getting there so early for everyone else to show up. You can do my headlights then ! I have to get rid of this haze. When the roads are wet, I cant even see my headlights and they are 80 watts !!
I can do them if you bring the stuff.
Oh yeah, big house party when we get the house ! -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 06:16 AM
Oh yeah, big house party when we get the house ! -B.

now thats what i like to hear
Posted By: lindston Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 05:05 PM
Yeah I plan on putting on new pads and rotors on sat (hope you're up for it d-fly ). I also want to change all my brake fluid, I had a leaky caliper that I just replaced, so I think there might be something corrosive in my fluid. Is that easy to do? Do I need to bring anything besides pads, rotors and fluid? I know nothing about brakes lol. That's about all I need to do, so I can spend the rest of the time helping people with their headlight hazing. I thought of something else some of us might want to do. I realized over the weekend that the black strips on either side of the windshield are actually pretty glossy. Mine were way faded, almost grey, but 30 mins of work with 2000 grit paper and some rubbing compound brought back the black. I'll bring what I used in case anyone is interested.

Dave
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 05:10 PM
Ya I have a garage, Looks like we will need it.
So far the weather forcast for Sunday the 27th --Ford Fest-- looks like scatterd T-Storms with a high aroud 70's Im hoping that the thunderstorms are in the afternoon, for Bandimere does not give refunds.

Randy I just got the tires at the Discount Tire down the street from my house, they are only H rated, the tread is pretty aggressive though im very happy with them. Cleveland is the Manager there that hooked me up. There unit amount is too high this month so he cut me a killer deal. Very nice guy.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 06:15 PM
Allright, Saturday sounds like it will be fun! Lindston, i'm very interested in that process you used for the windshield things. Mine are about 20 different shades of gray and black, and faded as hell.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 06:58 PM
oh if i pay $30 im damn skippy getting it back if it rains

well, probably not, but ill be pissed

anyway, hopefully the weather holds out for us. the weather has been really crappy lately.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/22/04 11:32 PM
I have changed Rotors/Pads before but never drained the entire system and put in new fluid.!.!. I would be more than glad to help you with the pads though. They take about 25 min to do, Front that is.
Posted By: AutoSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/23/04 07:55 AM
I'll be there, but I do not think I will run. I don't feel like being disappointed.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/23/04 10:54 PM
It will be great to have you AutoSHO. We are all there just to have fun, nobody will be dissapointed in you. Infact you might even suprise yourself. You have alot of Torque, I bet you beat me.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/23/04 10:59 PM
hehe. getting rid of the cracked front window tomorrow. my car may end up lookin ok after all! you know the best part? its free! gotta love having insurance coverage based in florida (we dont get cracked windows there). no raised rates, no deductable, USAA is pickin up the tab! should have gotten this done a while ago. can you tell im excited?! i thought i was going to have to drop $300 on that sucker
Posted By: yamahaSHO Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 02:54 AM
Originally posted by AutoSHO:
I'll be there, but I do not think I will run. I don't feel like being disappointed.

Same here
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 05:15 AM
Hey all, got a house !!!! SO I am happy. We will be moving in SAT. Got bad news from Supercharged PAT, he blew a piston ring and wont race on Sunday. Which sucks, I was going to race so we could go head to head. I know I would lose, but it would have beeen fun !
Another SHO club member hydroplained on E-470 and hit a guardrail. He is not coming ! I hope the CSVT well be out in force ! Are any of you racing ? or just all car show ? I am going to be in the car show for sure, but unsure about racing.
Need my headlights unfogged, I think they get worse everyday ! lol
Hope to see everyone out there. -B.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 05:38 AM
Congrats on the house Randy.
Ill go head to head with ya. no worries.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 05:50 AM
Hey all! If you all are going to show, might as well chip in the extra 5 dollars to run! I know I'll probably be severely dissapointed, as my car is running like crap lately, and I can't drive worth sh#!. I've had next to no practice launching the SVT, I baby it waaay too much. I'll start doing a few launches when I'm cruising around midnight. Chances are I'll get matched with some bastage in an 03 Cobra, and he'll mop me up, unless you wanna go head to head Chris? I got my new windshield about a month ago, added about 25 hp, let's see what yours can do!

I figure if it's typically around $30 just to get a few runs in on any other night, I'll pay $5 extra just to get a couple times outta the car, and some legal practice. The real question is whether or not to put my Superchip in! I got in the car a few days ago, and the chip wasn't letting my car start, but it started right up when I took it out But this is all weather permitting on Sunday of course, no sense in paying the extra money to race and then get rained out.

Glad to see you found a house Randy, good luck with getting settled in! Sounds like my sanding paper is going to get heavily used this weekend.. I've got enough for all, but like I said, I'd suggest buying some of that Meguiars Plastic polish stuff. If you don't keep applying it, the haze will just come back, I apply about every wash, and also I don't have to go and buy 2 more bottles for everyone else.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 06:15 AM
Bandi. has rules about clothing if you race. I think you have to wear jeans and a helmet. I am bringing mine just in case. I dont know if they changed the rules for Ford Fest.

I cant find that plastic cleaner anywhere. I will have to keep looking for it I guess.
-B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 01:40 PM
Let me know if you can't get a hold of it by Sunday. I can pick you up a bottle at the store by me, and you can just pay me back.
Posted By: Dr Dionysus Esq. Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 01:46 PM
Bandi. has rules about clothing if you race. I think you have to wear jeans and a helmet. I am bringing mine just in case. I dont know if they changed the rules for Ford Fest.

I cant find that plastic cleaner anywhere. I will have to keep looking for it I guess.
-B.

I did this last year, and it was a lot of fun. We parked next to a stock SE Sport that ran slower than I did and a supercharged SVT Focus that ran 16's.

You only need a helmet if your car is under 13 seconds, which I am pretty sure most CO Contour's are not, especially at this elevation. I ran 17's and Dragonfly's (not his SVT at the time, but his brothers) best run was something like 15.1 (could be wrong) so don't worry about helmets and jeans. Just detail the hell out of your car to make sure it looks good.You'll see lots of sweet-azz 03- and up Cobras moded the hell out of and some awsome older Fords. We also parked next to a couple 65-replica-Cobras with the 427's in them (over 500hp ).

Now I wish I was coming.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 02:01 PM
And why aren't you?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 04:08 PM
hey- glad everyone is so excited. i have some bad news, i might not be able to go on saturday. i just got hit with a wicked assignment that i will most likely need to set some time aside for this weekend. im definitely going on sunday still, im just not sure if i will be able to make it on saturday. i will do what i can today and tomorrow, so we'll see. ill keep you informed.

oh, and for an extra 5 bucks, ill probably go down the track once or twice. ill race any of you, and hopefully not make a fool of my self.

bring that video camera randy!
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 08:49 PM
The video camera will be out in full force ! lol I guess I will run too. I start moving tomorrow. I will not have internet services until Monday. So I will be gone for a bit. I will have to detail my car Sat. night. I will be so tired by then. I dont like to move, have I said that yet ! lol
Cant wait to see everyone there. -B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 11:15 PM
Randy, If you could just make it to Mario's house on Saturday, we could all pitch in on detailing your car, and you could get back to moving in, once we finish! Ah, nm, that's probably too much gas just to come up and get your car prepped then come back up the next day.

So we've got lindston and myself going to Dragonfly's? Still be a good time, I repainted my front oval today, as it got chipped in some bad dust storms the other day, while I was at it, I painted the mesh silver. I need ta match the lower front mesh at least, and hopefully the rear mesh if we have time Saturday.

Any chance you can make this li'l get together DaddyPhat? We'll bust open a bottle of champagne on the bumper and inaugurate it's rebirth.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 11:28 PM
Yeah that would be to much gas. I am moving in all day SAT. so I wont have a chance to go anywhere. I am just going to wash it and call it good. There is a 35% chance for rain on Sunday so I am not going to go all out. I do wish I could get the headlights done before the event, but that is not going to happend unless you guys want to come to the Springs after we move in, SAT afternoon and work on them here. lol I know, then you would have to spend the money on gas ! lol
Well we will try to get it done before everyone shows up at ford fest. See you all there. -B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/24/04 11:42 PM
Yep, with 1 person on each headlight, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, so we will get it done either pre Bandi, or once we park.

Randy, you want me to pick you up a bottle of the Meguiars Plastic polish? The store is about 2 blocks from me, so it's not a problem.
Posted By: Dr Dionysus Esq. Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 01:07 AM
Guys, make sure to cover your open air-intakes, and power wash that engine bay, because that's one thing people definately comment on at Bandi. "Wow, what a clean engine!" and then you can gloat with pride!

I'm not coming because I'm still paying for my bike and also it's a long drive from Glenwood to the Denver area. But I give you permission to have fun without me
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 03:01 AM
like i said, ill do my best to make it, but im not sure ill be able to. i just dont know if i can spend the whole day down there cause i have stuff i need to do, and not sure if i have enough time to do it. like i said, ill do my best.

i did pick up a clay bar and some nxt today though. also, i got my mirrors painted, finally. oh, and my front window is fixed. yay! i definitely dont think ill have time to detail the engine bay. just too much to do. im taking breaks in between stretches of school work to get things done. i just wont open my hood. . . . .

oh yeah, try to stay light on fuel. im going to try to get there with about a 1/4 tank. should make up for my sub at least.

Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 03:10 AM
Sorry you cant make it Chris. But we shall make up for that on Sunday.
Anytime after 12 noon at my house is cool. I will most likely by outside in the back so pull up on the side of the house near the garage.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 03:29 AM
hmm, maybe i can wake up early and put in some time till lunch, then roll down.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 04:46 AM
The real question is whether or not to put my Superchip in! I got in the car a few days ago, and the chip wasn't letting my car start, but it started right up when I took it out

Hijack: clean the connections on your ecu w/ a scrub pad and some rubbing alcohol. That should remove all the gunk and allow for a good connection. A poor connection is the cause of your starting malfunction w/ the chip in.

Kingpin - did you get my pm while I was up in CO? Sorry I didn't call you. Nothing went down... my friends dilly dallied and wound up calling me at 9:30 on Sat night. I was already in my sleeping attire by then.

Everyone else - enjoy Ford Fest. Take pics. I'll say a few prayers to the differential gods. "Please Diff God, let them avoid wheelhop."
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Derk2000:
"Please Diff God, let them avoid wheelhop."

ill be saying a few of these. i think im just going to be a wuss off the line. . .
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 06:00 AM
There is a shopping center on the Bandi. exit opposite side of C-470 from Bandi, we could meet there.

so we are go for meeting here? 630am? be sure to get there on time so we can get to bandi early and not have to wait in line for hours. looks like ill be leaving boulder nice and early. . .
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 06:05 AM
I am leaving at 5am !!! My brother in law is coming with, he said he would video tape us running. Cant wait ! Hearing everyone talk about how they are fixing there cars up all nice makes me jellus ! I will park my dirty car away from your clean one's.
See you all soon. -B.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 11:54 AM
There is a shopping center on the Bandi. exit opposite side of C-470 from Bandi, we could meet there.

so we are go for meeting here? 630am? be sure to get there on time so we can get to bandi early and not have to wait in line for hours. looks like ill be leaving boulder nice and early. . .

I think that would do just fine, I might be there early due to the fact that I will not be able to sleep very good the night before.
****Dreaming of beating a Mustang****
****Waking up to only find out it was a 6 banger****

Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 09:49 PM
By the time I am done moving in, I will be so tired it will take two alarms to wake me up at 430am ! That is crazy early, but anything for CEG and my friends
See all you guys there. Weather looks crapy. Hope it does not get bad till later in the day. -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 09:50 PM
Weather looks crapy. Hope it does not get bad till later in the day. -B.

i was just going to say the same thing. hopefully it holds out for us. if i get my car that clean and its rains i will cry.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/25/04 11:05 PM
Allright, just to make sure we are all set for tomorrow. I've packed my sandpaper, polish, Eagle1 car wash and nxt wax. I can also bring a jack if we need one, couldn't hurt I figure.

My to do list for tomorrow:

-Paint bottom mesh to match front oval silver mesh(rear also if we have time).
-Wash and wax (who cares if it rains, with my wax job, the rain will just run right off!!)
-Paint Calipers
-Vacuum
-Wash out engine bay, maybe re oil the KKM

I think that will be about it, and I should be ready for Sunday! I just cleaned off the connections on the superchip and my PCM, and reinstalled it. Started up, but I need to drive it a bit and see how it's performing. Thanks for the tip Derk

I'll see some of you tomorrow tomorrow and the rest on Sunday
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/26/04 06:07 AM
found this on the website for anyone interested in racing.

Originally posted by bandimere tech faq:

I have a street car. What do I need to come out and test or race?

The basic items needed to pass tech inspection for the typical street car include good tires, a battery tie-down, radiator overflow catch-can, operable neutral-safety switch, seat belts, and a valid state driver's license or NHRA competition license is required for all participants. Donâ??t forget to wear long pants, shoes, and a shirt!

oh, what the heck is a neutral safety switch?

Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: FORD FEST - 06/26/04 06:27 AM
Hey CO CEG'ers I will be off line until Tuesday because I cant get phone service in the new house until then. If anything changes, you all have my number.
Cant wait for Sunday, went drag racing tonight in Grand Juction in my Bro-in-law Civic. Got my reaction time to .620. When I started I was at a 1.200 Cant wait, I am way pumped now. See you all there. -B.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: FORD FEST - 06/26/04 07:09 PM
oh, what the heck is a neutral safety switch?

Check out the dyno and drag forum and search for "kill switch" or something like that. If I'm not mistaken, it's an exterior mounted batter kill switch. Some tracks are real strict about 'em, and some are not.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/26/04 08:11 PM
man, the weather is not co-operating with me at all. wake up early (8:30, im hardcore mother effer!) to clean car so i can study. washed and waxed (no clay, didnt look like weather was going to give me time), now its raining. i actually washed my car at home, then drove to the DIY car wash place for some cover while i layed down a coat of NXT. well, as soon as i finished, down comes the rain.

oh well, at least i can hit up a drive thru wash tomorrow morning and get all the dusty water spots off. looked good for the 5 min it was dry at least i got the wax on there though

oh well, gotta keep pluggin away at stats. see you tomorrow!

Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/27/04 01:06 AM
I had a great time hangin out and workin on the cars today w/ Mario and Dave! We got a lot done, and now I'm just praying for a bit of dryness so i can go wash and wax the car real quick. I haven't washed it in a while, so it's pretty damn dirty. The Superchip is still failing, oh well OH! Mario, can you bring the stuff I left at your house to the run? I think it was the dehazing stuff, some paint, and the jack. See ya soon!
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: FORD FEST - 06/27/04 01:34 AM
Indeed, It is allready in my car ready to deliver.
See everybody in the morning. I cant wait get to sleep in a bit.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: FORD FEST - 06/27/04 11:15 AM
ugh, this is way to early^^^^^

keep in mind post times are eastern.
© CEG Archives