Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I have talked to the two local raceways in Colorado. Second Creek is close to $2000.00 for track rental. PMI race track in Pueblo is $1750.00 Both Tracks have positives and negatives. Here is a link to look at the two tracks;
http://www.coloradoscca.org/tracks.html
So, how many people would be interested if we could get around 20 people to go, to keep cost around $100.00 each ?
The other question is, do we want to just setup another Canyon Run at a later date ?

Canyon Run or Race Track
Canyon Run at a later date
Race Track Second Creek
Race Track PMI Pueblo

This is just to gauge interest in another event. Let me know. -B.
Anything I can do to help, just holla. As long as it is after July. I dont have a tranny! Yet
I say lets have another get together and soon! I don't care were. Saterday was a blast so whatever happens I'm cool with.
I think it's important to note some pros and cons:
Track Pros
safe, regulated, no road debris, no 4pacs of cops
Track Cons
cost, lots of wear and tear on brakes, tires, and other parts

Canyon Pros
cheap, fun as hell , always available
Canyon Cons
85 in a 40 is frowned upon , unforseeable road hazards, traffic, motorhomes, old farts in blue corvettes driving under the posted speed limits

I'm sure I missed some pros and cons. Feel free to add. I'm going to think a while before I vote.
Derk, ur estimate sounds good to me, My two cents are that for now we could arrange at least one midsummer get together, then lets see where we are at and if everyone is financially up for doing the track. Cuz unless I can get a good job to pick me back up financially, I'm going to have to miss out, and I don't want to go all summer without another good day out with some fellow 4dr lovers
Hopefully by the time any of this happens I will have my Thunderbird SC.
i am down for either. i would rather go a track and spend $100 than get a speeding ticket or get in a wreck in the canyon and possibly pay more, plus increased insurance. not to say you cant wreck on the track (buckshot ) but the chances of hitting anything from a spin or slide is less.

granted there will be some wear and tear on tires, brakes, etc., i wouldnt drive the track any harder than the canyon. i mean, we were tearing up that canyon pretty hard. at the track i dont need to see how far my luck will run, just drive fast enough to have fun. and if for some reason you push your luck to far, chances are you'll just spin into the grass.

as randy pointed out this weekend, the only big hinderance to a track day is getting people to actually pay. we can get plenty to go (just post on coloradoracing.net), but actually getting money is another story. if we set it up, there will be plenty of time to get $100. just toss like $10 a week in a jar.

i am down for either as both are fun. i understand why a lot of people wouldnt want to do a track day, but i feel that it would be a lot of fun, and much safer. a canyon run could potentially be VERY expensive, as we almost saw on our last one on at least 2 occasions. anyway, just my .02 .

dont take this as cracking on canyon runs cause they are awesome. ive just always wanted to try driving on a racetrack. i mean, seriously, thats effin cool.

if we do another canyon run, i may have a good idea for one. im thinking boulder up canyon to nederland then over to estes park, then back. i will have to check it out though.

plus, how much fun does this look????
You know what, kingpin, I think i'm persuaded. I would still like to do one more nice little romp through some Colorado mountains, but the track is definitely sounding intimidating(in a good way) and appealing. Sign me up for the track at this point, and as Randy said at lunch, if he just took deposits, I think we could easily manage to have a safe, fun time with minimal worries about everyone paying.
wow, some of the stuff at pueblo sounds rough. . .

Originally posted by Track Info on Website:
The road course is 2.2 miles long and has ten turns; the main straight is the entire drag strip and shutdown area. A remarkably wide range of speeds is encountered at Pueblo, CSR cars using all five gears in a five-speed gearbox reach speeds around 130 MPH at the end of the front straight and take the slowest turn below 50 MPH. The track is essentially flat except for one moderately deep but steep dip, and parts of the track are narrow and rough. The track surface is extremely abrasive, you must run hard-compound tires and stay on the racing line since torn-off rubber bits accumulate badly in the corners. It is not safe to leave the track surface anywhere around the course except on the escape roads at turns 2 and 7 and along parts of the back straight.

The track is available for testing on most days for $25 per car, NO emergency services provided. Contact the track manager for details.

What follows is a generic description of the track, describing its features without defining speeds, gears, or shift points -- all of which will vary widely from car type to car type.

Most of the turns at Pueblo are sufficiently well separated by straight segments that they may be treated as isolated turns. There is only one set of clustered turns (where your line through or out of a turn must be modified to accomodate the requirements of the next turn or the one after it), Turns 6 and 7.

The pit area is set up oddly; the pit lane is right at the base of the grandstand, and pit personnel are required to remain in the wide area between the pit lane and the track surface during all sessions. Entry to the pit lane, and to the track, is southbound from the access road just behind (east of) the grandstand; except for race gridding, be sure to enter the pit lane (immediately in front of the grandstand) instead of going directly out onto the track surface. Tech and Impound are usually just north of the drag strip staging area on the second access road east of the grandstand.

The front straight is substantially wider than the rest of the track. The starter's stand is close enough to the last turn that the last few rows of cars may not be able to see it at the start. Turn 1 is a high-speed slightly-banked 180-degree right-hand turn followed by a straight long enough (barely) to allow you to get back to the right edge of the track for Turn 2, a slow flat 90-degree left-hand turn followed by a short straight and Turn 3, a similar left-hand turn just less than 90 degrees. There is an exit road leading straight south from Turn 2 into the paddock. Turn 3 is widened slightly at the exit, and followed by another straight long enough for you to position yourself for the braking area into Turn 4.

Turn 4 is a high-speed slightly-banked right-hand turn of about 170 degrees, followed by a downhill straight into Turn 5. Turn 5 is a fairly fast partially-blind downhill-uphill 80-degree right-hand turn leading onto an uphill straight; if you miss this corner you can go off into some wicked-looking gullies and boulders. The pavement is rough at the entrance to Turn 5, and the apex is right at the bottom of a significant sharp dip where many cars bottom out and rub (or damage) their front bodywork.

A short uphill straight follows, leading into the Turn 6 - 7 cluster. The Turn 6 esses start as a partially-blind high-speed 45-degree right-hand turn, then left and again right leading into Turn 7; you may need to modify your exit from Turn 6 to assure that you will be able to enter Turn 7 properly. Turn 7 is a very slow and tight slightly-banked 180-degree left-hand turn followed immediately by a higher-speed flat 45-degree left-hand turn, and there is no general consensus on the best way to go through it. Some cars are able to get back to the right edge of the track after Turn 6 before braking for 7 and some cars brake for 7 while they cross the track from the exit of 6, reaching their turnin point just as they have slowed enough to enter 7. Either way, try to keep as much speed as you can coming into 7 and trail brake right up to the apex of the first part of the turn. The second part of Turn 7 is generally taken flat out; odds are that you fell down out of the power range of your engine in the first part of the turn. There is an exit road leading south from the outside of Turn 7 into the paddock.

A short straight follows into Turn 8, two flat moderately-fast 45-degree right-hand turns leading out onto the back straight. There is a slight kink in the back straight that is taken flat out. Turn 9 starts as a flat moderately-slow right-hand turn at the end of the back straight, and leads into a set of esses laid out with pylons on the drag strip staging area. The path through the esses is not always clear to the first-time entrant (and the pylons are not laid out during test days). The intent of the esses is to slow the cars as they enter the front straight, because the entry is hazardous.

Turn 10 onto the front straight is a flat moderately high-speed right-hand 90-degree sweeper. The apex is at the corner of the timing tower, and the proper line takes you across the drag strip burnout and starting area and the cover for the timing lights (which has been spectacularly dislodged at least once by passing cars). The surface changes through Turn 10 can upset a car, so you might want to keep a little in hand until you see how your car handles, or adjust your line a little to avoid the worst of the irregularities -- but not too much of either because this turn leads out onto the longest straight section on the course.

Entry to the paddock is outlined in pylons, is about halfway along the staging area, and can be difficult for the first-timer to recognize (impound is also reached from this point). Entry to the pit lane is also outlined in pylons, also difficult to recognize, and is further west.

ok me go
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
ive just always wanted to try driving on a racetrack.

ditto

i mean, seriously, thats effin cool.

agreed

plus, how much fun does this look????

Very.

You bring up some very good points, Chris. You don't have to go 110% at the track to get your money's worth. In fact, you could go 40mph the entire time and still learn a lot about proper braking timing, entering and exiting turns, judging turns, etc etc etc.

I'm going to vote for a track day.

Would anyone be interested in coming to NM? There's a track in Abq that's comparable to SCR.
BTW, this might be a good thread to follow, as I do believe tracks require helmets.
Damn, I forgot this minor detail derk, I'll have to look into buying an SA helmet. I have an M lying around, but it is a bit old. Plus, once i get the 'tour under 12 seconds, I'll need a helmet anyway right? muahahahahah... someday, i hope.
Hey CO CEG'ers, I am working on a great deal. I will have more info. tomorrow. I might have a track in Denver that is closed to the public, but I know the guy that owns it ! ! ! I think I might be able to get us on there for $500.00 !
Like I said, I am working out detail's, Big track, with everything you could ever want in a raceway.
PLUS: I know we don't have to have helmets. I don't think we have to worry about any extra $$$ either !
The only down side is that I think Sunday's is the only day I could get the track AND the road to the track is in bad shape, dirt road. If we drive slow enough to the track, we should not bottom out.
So 100 positives and 2 negatives ! More info tomorrow. -B.
WOW randy, ur gettin me all revved up for this.... How booked is this guy, where is it.. (just wait chris, just wait)- ok cant wait for ur post tomorrow- chris
I'm wondering... Are us SHO guys gonna be invited to this?
without a doubt the SHO folks are going to be invited.
Cougars? Foci?
I'm thinking at least Foci and SHO, then let's see where we are at with all the signups.
Invite them all. Dont discrimhate.
Oh i agree, It'd be awesome to have a huge turnout, but I think we also need to have plenty of track time, specially if we are going to be paying, thats all. But if signups are slow, lets just invite everyone.
Well at least the SHO guys are invited either way! I'm hoping I still have my license, and if I don't I should be there with either my girlfriend or another SHO guy. I'm wondering, does this supposed track have the rule that you must have a license to drive on it? Some tracks don't have that rule...
cmon RANDY!!! get back to us! this is some serious need to know info! BTW, 91SHO, I'm gonna guess you need a license or any half wit off the street could show up and drive, say an 85 yr old that can't see, or a 14 yr old that takes his dad's hot rod. But that would be awesome if you could work something out with the track if they(the DMV) decides to pull ur license Or i could just be wrong alltogether

EDIT: haha, just read ur post on PICS n' VIDS, ya that would be awesome! I keep trying to get my girlfriend (she was up there at the Canyon Run) to learn to drive my SVT, but she keeps giving me the same excuse. "If I break it, I don't want you to dump me for it!" Ah well, once it's time to put a Stage 3 in, maybe she'll step up to the plate
thats funny that you would actually let her. i dont let anyone behind the wheel of mine!
I've let a few trusted people drive my car, and my girlfriend is definately on the list. In fact, I don't think I'd be dating her for this long if she wasn't a good driver.
Well I figure a year or so of dating.. I think she can be trusted in select parking lots. It would be a looooong way till she drove on roads, mainly I just want her to know how to drive it in case we are out, and something happens to me, i.e. drunk/fight/cops I dunno, just as a safety precaution really. Plus everyone should know how to drive a STICK!
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Well I figure a year or so of dating.. I think she can be trusted in select parking lots. It would be a looooong way till she drove on roads, mainly I just want her to know how to drive it in case we are out, and something happens to me, i.e. drunk/fight/cops I dunno, just as a safety precaution really. Plus everyone should know how to drive a STICK!

I let her drive it before(just once and she didn't get far) and my clutch blew up later that night... She was so upset cause she thought I was mad at her(the clutch had less than 10,000 on it). I idn't care in the least! I went out and got a southbend DXD 6-puck race clutch for my troubles! She's so afraid to drive it now but I told her about her taking it to the track tonight(she freaked) and told her since I lose my license a week from tomorrow she's learning this weekend. She didn't seem to happy. She also told me that she wasn't going to do anything she didn't want to... That's when I broke out the blackmail and told her then I won't either. Since I don't want to go to your prom, I guess I don't have to. She caved in at this point! so she'll be learning saturday afternoon.
EDIT: I meant to add like I said before, if it breaks, I'll fix it. I may just have a lot of time on my hands after next thursday...
AHAHAHAHAH NO WAY 91SHO!!!! I just pulled the EXACT same thing with my girlfriend!!! Friggin highschool girls and prom.... just got my tux yesterday. Taking away from my car and mod savings . But ya, I am not too crazy about it, but we are going to a great Italian place for dinner, that much I can enjoy! Good luck with yours! and damnit Randy get back to us!
ha ha ha ha ha ha Prom suxs. But drunken high school girls are allright. Just dont let her puke in you're ride. lol
lol DaddyPhat, so were you in littleton or no? The great thing is, we have enough *bow chikee bow wow* that when she's drunk we just hang out, then all of her friends tell her i'm awesome cuz i didn't try to have sex with her... oh well that's probably way TMI for you guys.. I digress. RAAANNNDDYYYYY!!! TRACK INFO!!! PWEASE! - Chris
AHAHAHAHAH NO WAY 91SHO!!!! I just pulled the EXACT same thing with my girlfriend!!! Friggin highschool girls and prom.... just got my tux yesterday. Taking away from my car and mod savings . But ya, I am not too crazy about it, but we are going to a great Italian place for dinner, that much I can enjoy! Good luck with yours! and damnit Randy get back to us!

What Italian place are you going to? And also what day? Her's is may 8th and we're going to an italian place as well(can't think of the name). She's got 14 other people going with us in a navigator limo... Not my choice cause the money I spent on that would have gone towards the "Buy Scott Mods fund". She also wants to stay in this 5-star hotel that's also costing me an arm and a leg! And what's worse, they're all going to be drunk and I only like 2 of the people that are going...
randy will get back to us soon enough. . . . .
I'm going this Sat., I dont know the name of the italian place(just that i've been there before and MMMMM), but she covered the tickets, and she and her friends wanted a limo but LUCKILY they decided it was too expensive... so tux, dinner, and pictures isnt bad at all, i think overall prob 150, which I can handle... still not too happy bout it, but what can ya do?
I know he will Kingpin, I just get antsy!
I'm going to Bucca De Beppo or something like that... Our share of the limo was more than that! I hate you now...
Just checking back....
Randy whats up with that friend of yours. The pro's way out the con's in this one for sure.
Hope i can get my Diablo sport chip in the mail by then.
My date wants a limo. I said screw that we are takeing my moms Sebring.
ENOUGH about Prom . . . j/k
So, sorry it took me so long to get back, trying to get employed ! Anyways, I have not been able to contact my friend that owns the track. I think he is in AZ at a racing school. I will contact him as soon as he gets back. I am thinking, if he lets us use it, he will hook us up on price.
If not, here is the backup plan... Second Creek, I will contact them and see what I can do for pricing and info. I will post as soon as I find out on the private track.
I was thinking early June, what you all think ? -B.
Posted By: Dr Dionysus Esq. Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 05:43 AM
I vote for Second Creek. I was at the last CEG meet there and it's a fun little track. Plus they let all kinds of vehicles on at the same time which means I'd bring my bike (should have it by then) and 'Tour down to race around.

Geez guys, I didn't think you all where that young to still be going to Prom. You all seemed a lot older to me. But, "I dig those high school chics man. Why? Because I get older and they stay the same age." (I owe you a cookie if you can tell me that movie.)

Everyone is bringing their girlfriends to the meets. I thought about bringing mine to the last meet, but I don't think all of them would have fit in my car.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 08:14 AM
i believe thats dazed and confused, a great movie. and i am in college, one week and im a junior (holy crap, how did that happen?!)!

anyway, i was thinking early august, but june or july would work as long as it was on a weekend. i am taking summer school in june and july and have a pretty wicked schedule during the week. taking accounting and stats during june, and finance and marketing during july. think about 15 chapters for each in one month. yikes!

good luck on the job searching randy, i know what a pain that is, especially when you have bills to pay. hope everything works out for you soon.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 02:40 PM
Ah Tait, of course they will all fit in the car, you're forgetting about the massive trunk space our contours have!!!
HEHE, ok guys, I've got incoming mods that I should be able to get done within the next month.

1. Get my Proflow re-calibrated (should take away CEL, and make car run ALOT better, seeing as how i have changed everything that could be the cause for the stuttering and horrible idle and running conditions)
2. Paint rear reflector black (I'm thinking about changing it to the stique reflector as well, seeing as how I have $55 in Ford junkyard credit, how much do you think it would cost me for one of these?)
3. Throttle Hang fix
4. LED change, just waiting on auiotour to put out an easy kit (Dragonfly I might need your help on this one)
5. Paint center oval black

I think that's about it, and I am still saving up for the y-pipe and some headers, but I think that ones gonna come mid to late summer. What do you guys think?
- Chris
Posted By: 94ex Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 03:43 PM
Why waste money on prom. . . just go to the stip club!! The two full nude ones in Longmont are the best(can't think of the names off hand). So when is this track day and mind if an Audi comes to chill and meet some of the newbies?

Oh you guys may want to invite some of the Cougar guys. I member last year they went to the autoshow with us and alot of other places. Just a thought!!
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Dionysus:
I vote for Second Creek. I was at the last CEG meet there and it's a fun little track. Plus they let all kinds of vehicles on at the same time which means I'd bring my bike (should have it by then) and 'Tour down to race around.

Geez guys, I didn't think you all where that young to still be going to Prom. You all seemed a lot older to me. But, "I dig those high school chics man. Why? Because I get older and they stay the same age." (I owe you a cookie if you can tell me that movie.)

Everyone is bringing their girlfriends to the meets. I thought about bringing mine to the last meet, but I don't think all of them would have fit in my <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>.

cheit man you got to try harder than that. DAZED AND CONFUSED
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 07:39 PM
I forgot to add that I'd like one of those SVT oval emblems, and for some reason, I think Audiboy said he was formally nyceboi, so if that's you audiboy, let me know if you still can do one or two of those for me, and if not, anyone know where i can pick a couple up/make them?? Thanks- Chris
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 07:49 PM
no audiboy isnt the former nyceboi. nyceboi has changed his name to onosway. i dont know if he makes those emblems in small numbers, and im not sure that they fit in the place of the front ford emblem. they are pretty hott if you can get one. you could also just use black vynl to cover the emblem, then stick an svt logo in there (like the one already on the back of your car).

i thought i saw one for sale (the nyceboi kind) in the classifieds a little while ago though
Posted By: Dr Dionysus Esq. Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 10:31 PM

3. Throttle Hang fix

Don't do it. SVTs have been known to loose power when the TH fix is done. I used to have it on my car and I took it off. It's too hard to find the exact size that would benefit your car by dropping the RPMs faster but still not loose any power. Best to stay away from it. Since I took it out the revs drops just as fast as when I had it in.

4. LED change, just waiting on auiotour to put out an easy kit (Dragonfly I might need your help on this one)

I'll drive down to Denver for a weekend and stay at my parent's place if we can do this together. I would love to do this mod, but I don't know enough about it to do it alone.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/27/04 11:50 PM
Nice, thanks for the info Tait, I never found anything real negative on TH fix for the SVT's, guess my searching skills are below par . Ya, I think I am going to do that rear reflector this weekend, but as soon as that kit becomes available, I am pretty sure I will pick it up as long as it's reasonable (30-50$) and we can give it a go. I am so electronically retarded though, that's why I haven't attempted anything already. I think Mario could really help us out, what with him being an electrician and all, and maybe we could even knock out those orange reflectors while your down! If the LED's turn out like we want them too, and you make a purchase, I'd be glad to return the favor and give you a hand with it.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/28/04 02:45 AM
I'm interested to know how effecting the IAC valve will change the power output of a motor.

Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/28/04 05:28 AM
I contacted Second Creek and got some pricing. The cost for the track and insurance for the day is $2800.00 They do not have any weekends available until Nov. So, we would have to rent on a Friday or another day of the work week, that sucks !
So, we will need 28 people to (for sure) pay $100 each and show up for the track day. I am still working on contacting my buddy in Denver. When I hear from him you all will be the first to know. If I cant get his track, what do you guys think of Pueblo ? I am sure we could get a weekend and the cost is cheaper ? Let me know. -B.
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 04/28/04 05:38 AM
Sounds great.
Thanks for all your phone calls/ determination to set this up.
I GOT THE PRIVATE TRACK ! So, I need a date a.s.a.p. Does June work for everyone ? I wanted to do it early in the summer, it will have to be a Sat. or Sun. We can have up to 30 cars. So when I have a set date, I will start the sign-up sheet.
The course is 1.4 miles with 8 Turns. It has a blacktop surface and is located in Golden CO.

Course Layout : Start: Short straight way to a nice switch back, another short straight way to the widow maker corner ! (I spun once there, SLOW DOWN !! LOL) Then a long straight way into a sweeper curve (I did around 80 mph around that curve), into the longest straight way 1/4 mile into to two left curves and back to the starting line.

Here is the skinny . . . It will be $75.00 a person, money will have to be paid upfront to reserve your spot. I do except paypal and cashiers checks. If we cannot get 30 people, the cost will increase and will have to be paid the day of the event ! So, lets get 30 people ! I am looking at different insurance companies, could be cheaper then $75 a person ! Stay Tuned

We can run multiple cars at one time, and even have race events, not always against the clock ! Your insurance will have to cover any damages to any other cars if an accident occurs ! BE SAFE PEOPLE ! We will also have timed events to try to better your time. No helmets or other gear required. Seat belts are a MUST !
So, what day in June ???? Let me know -B.
AWESOME! I am totally psyched for this. So are you saying 75 for track, then another 75 for insurance? Any date in June works for me, just tell me when and where! As always, thanks for keepin us going Randy.
You can count on me and my brother in my tour and I will see if Derrik can come on this one with his car.
Hey, I might be able to make it but I just lost my license today (4 months). I'll try but I'm not 100% sure I can make it...
I should be good to go for any weekend, June or July. Whatever is easiest for everyone else. This is real cool though, cheaper and close to Boulder!
damn! I live in Golden, but I wont have a tranny until july or so. So have fun guys n girlz.
Cool, I will start a sign-up sheet soon. I am waiting to hear from the event insurance company and I need to set a date. I am thinking June 5th, but nothing is set in stone yet. It is only $75.00 for the track and insurance. The insurance is for if you decide to hit something off the track, the owner is covered and so are you from being sued. The insurance does not cover your car. Just like SCCA, but we have to float the bill for the insurance because we are renting the track. Cool, talk to all your friends, we need 30 ! I don't care who comes but they have to have 3 things; a Valid Drivers License, Valid Proof of Insurance and money. See you all in June. I am Pumped -B.
We will hit the track early, and have it until we run out of gas
June suddenly got busy for me.

I have a wedding on the 5th, so that date's out for me. I have some visitors to entertain who might be very interested in coming up for the track date. That's mid June.
I think I might have to make a trip out to SLC in June, too. Housing stuff.

So, June's busy for me, but I think I can slide a mid to late June weekend.
Mid June works best for me. Count me in if it is in Mid June. Might bring a guest with a Civic . Hey, he has cash!
i could probably get 2 maybe 3 people.
ok so i have searched the web, does this track have a website? or do you have a track map? just curious to check it out. thanks
Its private, totally of limits to the public, it is way hidden too ! CRAZY ! But way fun, the only down side is that you have to take a dirt road to the track. No money to pave it I guess. I will see if he has a picture of the track. Still waiting to hear from the insurance to set things into motion. -B
The Colorado State Patrol has their track on top of table mountian. There is also a public space up there, I go and watch them drive all the time. sweet
If we can bring non-fords I can bring a guy with a Z28 and lots of cash, as well as me and Derrik.
Yeah, non fords can come. It will be mostly FORD's though. I am sure they will have a good time.
I want to make sure that everyone coming is going to be responsible on the track, no showoffs !!! I want to have a good time, and I am sure everyone else does too. I just want to make sure this is a safe event. Please only invite people that are adults, or can act like adults. (Everyone on the Canyon Run was responsible, and it was a blast, I am wanting the same thing on the track.) More info. coming soon. -B.
WEEEE!!! Sorry, It's like... 1 a.m. and I just got my reflector back on. Looks awesome. Alot better than I thought I could have done with a can of Krylon Fusion black gloss, some paint thinner and a scruff pad. Let's give this a week or two and see if the paint holds up (which i think it should) and I will be very pleased with this simple, nice looking mod. Kingpin, or any other black contique, it's cake, but if you want some help, drop on by and we can hit it in a few hours. I think the center oval is next on my list, or the sail panels. We shall see. I can't wait to see what others think. To tint the brakes or not to tint?
drop on by and we can hit it in a few hours

Man, you're very bold, but with that kind of stamina, I don't blame you.

Glad you like the mod. I, personally, really like the way Daymon (Swazo) did his - he painted the lower half of the rear reflector and left the upper half untouched. It looks fuggin sweet.

Track:
There should be some rules established for the track run. I know Second Creek says no passing on curves, only straights, and I think that's a good idea. We should also let people pass us, too. I know I wont hang with Mario in the curves so I'd let him stay in front of me. There should be a "no tailgating" rule, too.
Agreed Derk, I think most of us up there will have some good etiquette already, but for those that don't and just to be safe, we could try finding a rule list for beginning drivers from an SCCA track or something.
I am ahead of you on this one. I have been making a nice Track rule list. I want everyone to be safe. but at the same time have some fun. There are enough strightway parts on this track to let passing happen. Also, we will keep the rule of staying to your right, unless cornering and apexing a turn. On the straightway, stay to the right so others can pass. At the meeting spot I will have a sign in sheet. Everyone will have to read the rules of the track and sign. If it ever came down to it, and safty is a issue, I have the paper that says you know the rules and there GONE !
I think most people will be fine, and if there is problems, I will take care of it. This is my event, I want to have fun too ! It will be great. The insurance still has not called, I will call them on Monday to find out what's up. Insurance+Date+Money= RACING More info to come. -B.
yeah if someone hits my car im kicking them in the nuts.

if i hit you feel free to do the same, though you'll have to catch me first!

yeah rules are good. there is no reason we should be wiping out the contique population at out meets.
Posted By: fast80svt_dup1 Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/02/04 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Audiboy:
Oh you guys may want to invite some of the Cougar guys. I member last year they went to the autoshow with us and alot of other places. Just a thought!!

This is a good idea. The guys from NECO and FocalJet could definitely help get up to 30 people. They were good guys when we all went to the Denver Auto Show last year.

Originally posted by Dionysus:
Everyone is bringing their girlfriends to the meets. I thought about bringing mine to the last meet, but I don't think all of them would have fit in my car.

This, on the other hand, is a very bad idea. Do you guys remember how pissed off Andrea was all day when I brought her to the Auto Show. She wasn't a big fan of playing second-fiddle to all of the cars.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/02/04 03:53 PM
Nah, I brought my girlfriend to the Canyon Run and she had a good time. She mostly slept and read in the car, but it was nice just to have someone in the car with me for that long drive. I say bring em AALLLL tait!!! oh BTW, she might want to come to the track, is that a problem or are we doing 1 person per car? I moved my SVT logo to the ford oval on my 'flector, it looks damn good at nite with the SVT 3rd brake light on. I'll try to get some pics posted tonite.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/02/04 06:33 PM
Passengers are welcome. . . We only can have 30 cars or so, we can have more then 30 people. I do want to keep the numbers down though, insurance risk, I don't want anyone hit !
New topic . . . I will need everyone, and this means everyone to bring some chairs. There is a cover out there so it wont be too hot ! But no seating. Bring lawn chairs, folding chairs, lazy boys, what ever.
If anyone's girlfriends or wifes want to help with the timed events that would be cool too. My wife is going to help, but I will need 2 more to keep track of everything.
Well cool, cant wait for the event. I hope everyone can make it. -B. :cool
Posted By: 94ex Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/02/04 07:48 PM

Quote:

This, on the other hand, is a very bad idea. Do you guys remember how pissed off Andrea was all day when I brought her to the Auto Show. She wasn't a big fan of playing second-fiddle to all of the cars.

That's cause she was SMOKIN HOT , I bout had to go to the bathroom after seein her. You should fo' sho' bring her both to the track day and the track meet!

Oh just another idea if we can't get a track day down I know of a few go-kart places we could hit up, and know I'm not talking about Boondocks. There is a place in Erie, a mile long course, Helmets and the full gear, they say they max out about 50-55. Then the indoor place down in Denver is fun cause they allow bumping and it's super toight. Just a thought I will probably be hitting both of them up this summer.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/02/04 09:47 PM
by the way, i posted this in the south central forum to see if any of those guys would be up for the drive. not much interest though. cant really blame them cause its kinda far. . . . anyway, i figure the more CEGers the better! NECO and FOCALJET would be good places to post also if anyone is a member over there. if not ill sign up.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/03/04 08:19 PM
NECO and Focaljet have been notifed. -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/03/04 09:20 PM
yeah actually after i wrote that i decided i would look to see whats up and noticed you had already posted on both sites.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/04/04 05:26 AM
Well the insurance quote I got was outrageous !!! They even said it was high. The guy said under his breath to call another company and he gave me there name, which I did, they will get back to me tomorrow I hope. Sorry for the delay. Info coming soon. -B.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/05/04 10:20 PM
Well, well, well . . . I have called every insurance group in the USA. I cannot get a insurance quote that is cheap. For the cost of the insurance and the discounted track, it will still be $2600.00 . Which is right about the cost of all the other tracks around. I don't see this happening... to get 30 people to pay $75.oo each in advance and getting the Track by June ! Sorry guys ! I really thought it would be cheaper to get insurance, but its not !
SO, I was think of maybe a Canyon Run and BBQ, or just a group meet and cruise, or, I have talked to another SECA registered group and they will be on the Private Track I was trying to get on June 26th. Space is limited, and it will be $120.oo per car. They have old school cars, mustangs and such . . .
I am truly disappointed, I will see what else I can do, but it just does not look good. Sorry all -B.
Anyone have a rich uncle !
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/05/04 10:50 PM
hey Randy, don't worry about it! Not your fault insurance is too high, we can always do canyon runs and such! I still would like to try and find a good run more north than pueblo, so if anyone is willing to take a weekend out with me and do a little cruising/lunch, I would be glad to do it. I'll be busy this weekend, but next weekend looks open... I was thinking maybe a final destination of one of the old mining towns. Randy, not trying to infringe on your awesome meet organizing, just trying to help out. PM me if anyone is interested with that- Chris
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/05/04 11:41 PM
oh well. dont sweat it, maybe we can pull it off some other time. on a lighter note, another canyon runs sounds great. again, im good for any weekend starting in june. just let me know and ill be there!

as for a BBQ, i cant cook that well, but i do love good BBQ (where is the BBQ sauce all over your face smilie when you need it?) <---guess that will suffice.

on an even ligher note, i am studying for my last final! almost done!!!!
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/06/04 06:46 AM
Hey all, I was looking at some of the SCCA crap, and I noticed that they raced in parking lots, for time, to see who was the fastest. Gave me an idea . . .
I contacted the biggest paved lot I know of in P-town (PUEBLO) to see if they would allow something like this. I told him about the group and that we want to rent the lot for an event. He was all for it, he had to make sure with his owner in Denver that it was cool. I will contact you all when I have more info. I also have connections for cones, we could make are own track maybe, very cheaply and have fun ! -B.
Posted By: 94ex Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/06/04 03:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that they have a SCCA event down in Denver, in the parking lot for the Rockies. I remember some of the foci jet/neco guys talking about how they do this during summer at last years auto show meet. You may want to check out there too, since it's a central location for the CO guys.

Just an idea!
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado CEGer's ---TRACK!!!!! - 05/10/04 04:56 AM
I have not heard back yet from the guy that owns the parking lot, just thought it would be a fun idea. If I hear anything, I will see if there is interest for a small event like this. It would be cheap. -B.
© CEG Archives