Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Ok everyone, the date is set. It will be on the 17th of April, which is a Saturday. The meeting place is on the other POST and directions on how to get to the Pueblo meeting spot. Remember we want to try to leave Pueblo at 10:00am, so judge your time wisely. I will give out my phone number in PM's or e-mail's so you can get a hold of me for any reason. My cell phone does not work in the mountains, just to let you know ! if you are that late.
Please RSVP on this post with either a
1.For Sure
2.Maybe
3.Try me next time !
I hope everyone can make it and that I gave everyone enough time to get off of work! We will know more about the weather when the date gets closer. This will be awesome. See you all on April 17th ! -B.
If you could wait a week or two later, I would be able to make it. But I most likely will not make it on the 17th.
The date's blocked off on my calendar. It's really close to my marathon, but I think I can make it.
damn it, i dont think i can make it. i was really looking forward to this. oh well, maybe something will change and ill be able to go. or there's always next time.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it.

Heavy work schedule and I haven't had the opportunity to get the work done on the car that I would like to have done for the run.

I'll keep watching the posts.....should be able to make one later in the year.
I should be able to make it, but because I'm the boss something could always come up.

Count me in 90% sure.
Well thats no good ! Sorry that many of you cant make it to the Run. PM me if there is a date that could work better for you. I just lost my job today, so, I am looking now. I will make the April 17th date for the Run, no doubt about it, but I am kinda down and out. Hope that you all can make it. See you in April. -B.
Posted By: KingpinSVT i think i can go! - 03/20/04 01:47 AM
well looks like my schedule has changed as well. what i had going on the 17th has now moved to the week before. i think ill be able to make it on the 17th. so, put me down for about 80% sure that im going.

good thing it didnt get scheduled for the 10th originally.
Originally posted by blackwidowSVTT:
I just lost my job today, so, I am looking now.

That sucks! What happened?
They down sized on me. I am the newest guy down here, and was the first to go. Yeah, it sucks, HUGE ! That was my career job ! I don't know what agency to work for now ! But at least I can look forward to the Canyon Run. -B.
I am still waiting to here from people in CEG, I am hoping the turn out is as good as it first looked. Cant wait till April. -B.
I'll be there. Getting the Kuhmos on this weekend.

But I might have a new bike by then too. We'll see which one I decide to take down there.
After this run I am going to need to get some new tires ! Its getting close ! -B.
you have to bring the contour, i mean, come on. its a ceg event. what kind of pics will we get if there arent any contours?

kidding, it will be fun regardless.
This is true, it is a Contour-SHO event. You are welcome to bring whatever you want, but I will remind you that there might be gravel on some of the curves, that is scary on a bike, I have a story about that ! Anyways, the date is so close, I am excited ! See you all soon, can't wait to put faces with names, and take a ton of pic's of the cars ! -B.
Its looking like I'll have my Contour down there after all. No new y-pipe though, because I'm saving for my bike. Found one though ...96 Yamaha Seca 2 that has been babied, 1 owner, and he tweaked the hell out of it.
Dionysus, I will be in Pueblo on Friday, the day before the run. I have a muffler shop buddy that has done all the work on my car, a master at his work, and could easily make you a Y Pipe to be proud of to add HP. Plus, you save on shipping. You could get it right before the run. If you are interested PM me, and I will give you his number. Glad to see that you are bring the car though. See you in less than 3 weeks !!! -B.
So far it's looking like 4-5 CEGers... what's up? There's gotta be more!
On the last POST for the run, I counted 8 CEGers and 4 SHO. I knew that everyone could not make it and it was wishful thinking, but I did expect more people that would want to do this ! I hope we have a strong turnout no matter what. -B.
Here is the list I had :
1. Derk2000 -For Sure
2. KingpinSVT
3. Fast80SVT
4. Audiboy
5. Bambam4501
6. Allyn48
7. Dionysus -For Sure
8. BlackwidowSVTT -For Sure
If you are not on the list, add yourself. -B.
are there car washes down there some where that we can hit up before we leave?

if not ill just have to hope the svt doesnt get dirty on the way down. unlike derk2000, mine doesnt stay clean on road trips
Oh yeah, if you feel the need to clean, there are a ton of places to get your car washed. I would not wash until after the run though. The weather might be rain -e- anyways. I hope not, but you never know in April ! Its going to be awesome no matter what. I do want to leave Pueblo at 10am, so if you want to wash your car before, get here early. See you in less then 3 weeks. -B.
I won't be driving, just co-pilot with Derek, so that will be one less car.
Bring a video camera then, you can record the action ! Just don't record the license plates That's cool that you are still coming, although, I did want to see the Audi in action. Too bad -B.
One more day closer. This should be an awesome run, plus all the bad weather is this weekend! I will start watching the weather 10 days before the run. Should be awesome. Make sure to bring some extra money for lunch. -B.
Just to let everyone know if the weather for some reason does not look good at all, we will reschedule the run for a later date. This is only if there is snow ! I think it will be nice though. See you all in 2 weeks. -B.
Wow...2 weeks is coming up fast. I gotta get my arse in gear with this damn CEL!
yeah no chit, im gettin ready!
got room for a newbie?
if she's still running i'd like to try a run. i'm up in littleton but that sounds like a good day out.
Of course we've got room for a newbie. Welcome!
Oh yeah . . . This run is going to be awesome and everyone is welcome that can make it. I am ready, I got the car running better with a new tune-up. I just have to get a waste-gate actuator that opens sooner. 9psi, is going to do some damage in the long run, if I don't get a smaller actuator and can turn it down ! Well, I will be ready for the twisty in 2 weeks ! -B.
Who's planning on coming? 5 or 6 CEG folks, and how many SHO people?
hey bw
on your orig. message you said the directions & meeting spot were on the other post. would you mind explaining to a computer morod where i can find that.
thanks. looking forward to this.
I'll just post it here for you, but for future reference there a numbers at the bottom of the page. As post start fading in popularity, they fade into the abysmal and dreaded "Page 2" and so on.

Originally posted by blackwidowSVTT:
The canyon run is laid out : We will leave Pueblo as close to 10am as possiable, be there early ! To get to the meeting place in Pueblo take : I-25 Exit 102 ( EagleRidge Blvd.)Far north end of town. Go West pass I-HOP to gas station on right side of roadway. we will meet here.
We will exit Pueblo on Hwy. 50 to Canon City (The most boring part of the trip.)Then, we go through the Salida Canyon (fast twisty area.)
We then turn off Hwy 50 at Texas Creek, to Hwy 69. (open your car up and see what it can do area.)all the way to Westcliffe, CO.
We then get on Hwy 96 and head toward Hwy 165. (Hwy 165 has the best twisty on the whole trip.) We will stop at Bishops castle to rest the cars, and take pictures of this great castle.
We will continue down Hwy 165 to San Isabel Lake for lunch.
After lunch we will back track down Hwy 165 to Hwy 96 again but this time we take a straight shot to Pueblo through the remainder of the canyon.
All in all should be close to 5 hours of Twisty fun ! Add in the time it takes you to get to Pueblo, and that's a good days worth of driving. Look at www.mapquest.com and follow the directions given here. You will then know where we are going.

Well, it looks like 6 maybe up to 8 CEG'ers and I have 3 For sure SHO's maybe 4. I also have two SVT Focuses that are going to tag along. If everyone can show up, this will be the best run by far. I hope it is nice for that weekend, wait and see. 2 weeks today and counting. -B.
Ooo...I wanna play with some Foci!
It's raining right now (started Friday, supposed to stop sometime tomorrow), so maybe the weather gods will get this "rain" stuff outta their systems for a while.
im still going.
Here is the list I had :
1. Derk2000 -For Sure
2. KingpinSVT -For Sure
3. Fast80SVT
4. Audiboy
5. Bambam4501
6. Allyn48
7. Dionysus -For Sure
SO, these are the people I have that are coming For Sure. I have not heard from any of the others on this post, I do hope they can make it. It rained so hard here in Durango it flooded my basement!!! That is where the master-bedroom is at! I have been cleaning up this mess all day.
Cant wait to get out of here and go for a drive ! Less then 2 weeks and counting. I will have a weather report by Wednesday for the Run. -B.
Me and my friend Derrik are going, I have my 95 Tour he has his Touris
Glad to hear that you are going to come. I will add you to the list. I am talking with the SHO club of Denver and setting up a meeting place up there, so all of you can drive down together. This will make the drive down much funner and faster I will post the spot as soon is one is agreed upon. See you all soon. -B.
Here is the updated list:
1. Derk2000 -For Sure
2. KingpinSVT -For Sure
3. Fast80SVT
4. Audiboy
5. Bambam4501
6. Allyn48
7. Dionysus -For Sure
9. AqueFbody -For Sure X2
oh, i *might* have a friend going. we'll see. he drives a mitsu 3000 gt turbo so he will have to go last.
HA! got my steeda short shifter today and already got it installed so im officially ready to go. w3rd.
Nice work!
I still have to aim my driving lights, clean my EGR, and put my stock MAF back on...
[cracks whip] Get on it! [/cracks whip]
Ok, I will add another to the list. I have to get my car problems fixed soon. I cant figure out why I am having a misfire. I am talking to the all mighty Keyser to figure it out but I have not had any luck yet. I will go on the run with 5 cylinders if I have too lol, just so I can go ! Keep these people coming, lets make this an awesome run to remember ! -B.
I dont think I can make it. Im on standby all week and weekend duty. Im going to see if someone else will cover for me!!
As it is right now, it looks like I'll be down there Friday to get my new custom y-pipe.

but...

does anyone have a couch I can crash on Friday night? Otherwise I'd have to drive back to Denver or Evergreen for a place to stay.
if you guys still have room you can add me to your list.
i'll be crashing in pueblo fri. nite. dont want to do that drive before the run. [car is too hot tempered]
REALLY READY FOR THIS !!!
Tait--

You can certainly stay at my house in Monument on Friday night if you want to. I still don't know if I can go on Saturday or not; it will depend on my track coaching. Anyway, let me know if you need to crash.
I already have Derk2000 and his buddy staying at my parents house in Pueblo and with four people there, they don't have anymore room, sorry Dionysus. It is a small room, but I guess if you ask Derk2000, you might be able to crash in their room ? I don't mind, you just cant eat all my coco-crisp cereal ! lol It wont be comfortable, but it could work.
I am glad to see that tourtured95 is going to come. The new list:
1. Derk2000 -For Sure
2. KingpinSVT -For Sure (Maybe) X2
3. Fast80SVT -Maybe
4. Audiboy
5. Bambam4501
6. Allyn48
7. Dionysus -For Sure
9. AqueFbody -For Sure X2
10.Tourtured95 -For Sure
Looking better and better everyday !
I will keep everyone informed of the meeting place in Denver with the SHO and Foci when I find out where it is at. -B.
Audiboy (my roommate) can't make it. He's gotta study
I'm pretty sure I remember Llon (Allyn48) saying he can't make it either.
Ok, they are off the list . . . Study ! lol J/K Well hopefully they can make one towards the end of this year. Here is my updated list:
1. Derk2000 -For Sure
3. Fast80SVT -Maybe
4. Bambam4501
5. Dionysus -For Sure
6. BlackwidowSVTT -For Sure
7. AqueFbody -For Sure X2
8. Tourtured95 -For Sure
Looks like 72 degree's on Friday the 16th ! I will have the 17th's out look by tomorrow. YEAH, looks nice up to Friday! See you in 10 days ! -B.
Here's a cool idea:

My dad will probably fly down to the Pueblo airport Saturday morning in his airplane. He said he would go on the Canyon run with us, and be up for a little flying afterwards. Just a thought.

Ben- that would be great! I'll PM you real soon to get details. Thanks
hey just checked the weather cause i was getting curious. report from weather.com says (10 day forcast) mostly sunny with a high of 75. how nice is that?!?!
I think we have a winning weekend here ! That is awesome, a month in advance and it should be nice. The mountains will be cooler, but that would be perfect. SO PUMPED, I cant wait for this. See you all in 9 days !!! -B.
PS: Does anyone have any 2-way-radios ? That would be great with such a large group to make sure no one gets left behind.
i think i have a hand held cb radio around here somewhere, i guess i should look.
Good call. At the very least, we should exchange cell #s (yes, I'm out of the dark ages and have had a cell phone for about a year... )

Gaskets are on their way. I'm tearing into the car this weekend to get that damn EGR code to go away.
Just moved to CO from IN. Have 99 T-Red SVT with 56K on it. Are there any older guys going to be there? I don't want to feel too out of place.
Welcome! Where are you located in CO?
I'm 23, is that old enough for you?
BTW, I don't drive like a maniac, and we'll keep tabs on everybody so we don't get lost/separated. You should come!
Well I am 50 but only 20 at heart. The SVT is my "winter" car. I actually have a highly modified Eclipse GST Spyder still sitting in my garage in IN. I just wanted to meet up with other CEG enthusiasts but if only a few show up it is a long drive for seeing a couple of cars. Besides, who wants "dad" from being there? I don't want to cramp anyone's style.
Don't worry about it. The SHO club that is coming has a LOT of 30-40 year olds but they are also only 20 at heart, you should come, the big thing is that we all love cars and respect each other. I think as of right now I have 17 cars coming total. I know not everyone will show just because of different things, but it will be fun. There are a lot of people too that don't drive fast, so there will be a slower pack. Fast drivers up-front Slower drivers towards the rear . Should be fun for everyone. Last canyon run a 58yr old man brought his granddaughter and they had a blast!
I do hope you will come, if you want I can add you to the list. See you all in 6 days. -B.
Ok, everyone that is coming on the Canyon Run from Denver, there will be a mass meeting for all to drive down together to Pueblo. The meeting place is the Castle Rock Factory Outlets.
Make a right onto Meadows Pkwy (Exit 184). Make another right on Factory Shops Blvd. Another right on New Memphis Ct. First left into the parking lots and another left at the top of the small incline. All cars will meet here for the run to Pueblo.
Meeting Time: 8:25am Leaving the parking lot 8:45am
Should take an hour for you to get to north Pueblo, traffic should not be heavy. If you see Focus, SHO, or Contours, your at the right spot! I will not be there, but I will meet you all in Pueblo. Have fun . . . See you all soon. Here is the mapquest http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=&city=castle+rock&state=CO&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map -B.
Wish I could go, but I have to work on Saturdays.
Thats cool . . . I cant wait for it. I am excited for this run. I will give out my cell number if you PM me. It works great in Pueblo, but sucks in the mountains. See you all in 5 days ! -B.
I forgot to tell you that I am located in Longmont. I was just in Pueblo last weekend. I cannot guarantee if I will be there or not, (work schedule) but I will try.
Hope to see you there.
Got my EGR passages all cleaned up, and no CEL today. No funky idle, no hunting for the idle, no stalling. Last time I cleared the code, it came back in 20 minutes... Anyway, I think I got it fixed.

I decided to put my ProM on for the time being, so I'll put my chip in, too (since it's tuned for the ProM). I'll take the 12hp and 8tq now that I don't have a CEL, thank you.

Just need to aim my driving lights before the run.

I'm pumped.
glad to see you finally got everything in order. hopefully that damn cel stays off for good.
Ok, I setup reservations at a restaurant in Westcliffe aka: SilverCliffe. They serve pizza and hamburgers and other things. It should be good, and they said they could get us all sitting together, which I like, so I can talk to everyone. I don't think it would be more then $8.00 a person plus tip.
I hope everyone is as excited as I am. The weather will be perfect, twisty turns with a great pack of cars, should be awesome. See you all this weekend. -B.
thanks for all your work man.
Hey although Im the guy that is only two days old here.

I will be at the Castle Rock meeting spot little early probably, I really look forward to this event.
Anthony
Cool Dragonfly . . You are now added to the list. Looking forward to meeting the newbi, I am pretty new here myself. I hope there is a good turn out for the Denver meeting spot? I know everyone is excited to come, right everyone ? Well, if you know of anyone else that wants to come, let me know.
Here is my updated list:
1. Derk2000 -For Sure
3. Fast80SVT -Maybe
4. Bambam4501
5. Dionysus -For Sure
6. BlackwidowSVTT -For Sure
7. AqueFbody -For Sure X2
8. Tourtured95 -For Sure
9. Dragonfly -For Sure
-B.
I put my order in for a custom y-pipe and magna-flow cat-converter to be installed Saturday morning at 8 am

I hope this does well for my car on power gains. Probably it'll only be higher-end power but that's good for keeping the revs high Now I need to do a re-charge on my KKM and make a custom heat-shield. Anybody have any tips?
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
thanks for all your work man.

Ditto.

Tait - you're going to be cuttin' it close my friend!
A good ypipe and high flowing cat will get you power throughout the revs, no doubt about it.
I actually have an old heat shield I could give you - I made it from clear plexiglass. It should fit, but it's not the greatest shield. It'll block the head from the tranny, at least.

Ben - what's your schedule lookin' like? I'd love to see the updates/upgrades on your ride!

edit: I've seen Miata, Corvette, and Porsche clubs get together, and there's nothing cooler than 10 of the same cars all in a line. I can't wait!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. I waited until the last minute because CO track meets get cancelled all the time. This weekend I will be at the Pueblo Challenge Cup on Friday and Saturday. It's a pretty big meet for our team because it has almost all of the teams that we have to face in regionals. I hate to miss out on this. I know that you guys are going to be having more fun than I will.

D--We will definitely have to catch up sometime this summer. I want to see your new paint work. Hopefully there will be another Canon Run that I can make.
That's too bad Fast80SVT, I was looking forward to meeting you. Will you be in town Friday night ? Derk2000 and myself will be in Pueblo Friday night, don't want to drive from here to there and then the Canyon Run all in one day. Let me know, I will subtract you from the list !
Add one and then subtract one, that's how it goes I guess. See you all soon -B.
Here is my updated list:
1. Derk2000 -For Sure
3. Bambam4501
4. Dionysus -For Sure
5. BlackwidowSVTT -For Sure
6. AqueFbody -For Sure X2
7. Tourtured95 -For Sure
8. Dragonfly -For Sure
I will be in Pueblo on Friday night. The meet is a two day meet. What are you guys going to be doing? Maybe we can meet up after Friday's events are done.
Sounds good to me. I am getting an oil change when I get there, thats my plans for the day. I should be getting into Pueblo around 3pm on Friday, I think Derk2000 will be there around 9pm. It would be cool to meet up, will you have your car ? -B.
These three days are going to drag, im really looking forward to this Run/meeting people
I think 9:00 PM is a good estimate as to when I'll arrive.

Damn...just realized that I'm probably due (or close to due) for an oil change. I don't think I"ll have time to do it before the run...
Yeah you will, it only takes 20 min, and they open at 8am (Derk2000). I am changing over to synthetic, I think it will work better with my higher temps. I checked the weather again and now they are saying almost 80 degree's for Saturday.
I know what you mean about the days dragging !!! I have been out of work for 3 weeks, and I really need to get out of Durango and hang with some cool people.
Cant wait to meet you all ! -B.
you are tellin me about days draggin!! i had two huge semester papers due today and a computer project (about 5 hours worth) that is due tomorrow. i am so ready for this week to be over its not even funny

i have to get some good drivin cd's made here in the next few days.
Posted By: KingpinSVT uh oh - 04/15/04 07:55 PM
hey what time do you think we will be back in pueblo? i need to be back in boulder by 5pm. im still going, but i may have to duck out of lunch early to get back ontime. i have no idea what kind of driving time i am looking at from pueblo to lunch. i figure if i leave pueblo by 3pm i should be fine. let me know. TIA
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: uh oh - 04/15/04 09:13 PM
I've got basically the same question posted in Finally! if someone can help out with that, but with Littleton.
Posted By: Dr Dionysus Esq. Oh no.... - 04/15/04 11:42 PM
I have some bad news...

No new y-pipe for me on Saturday. He doesn't have the parts I need/want to make a cutom y-pipe. I'm pretty bummed because I wanted more power for this canyon run. So it looks like I wont need to stay down near Pueblo Friday night. I'm just going to stay in Evergreen at my parents place and drive down Saturday morning; which means I'll meet up with whoever is meeting at Castle Rock Saturday morning.

The good news is that my dad wants to come now, so he'll be down there with us!
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Oh no.... - 04/16/04 12:23 AM
Sorry to hear about the Y-Pipe. You will still have fun, I am sure of that. As for the time, it matters how long of stops we make when we change highways, and how long we spend at Bishops Castle, because this thing is awesome !! If you have never been there . . . Some crazy guy started building this castle for the last 40 years, none stop, by hand, with no education, by himself, ZERO help ! Anyways, it is one of the coolest things you will see in Colorado.
I myself think we can easily get back to Pueblo by 3pm if we leave at 10am ! That's 5 hour's, and lunch should only be 1 hour. After lunch, a fast drive back down the canyon to Pueblo. Bring your camera's ! Less then 48 Hours ! -B.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/16/04 12:35 AM
Does anyone have a video camera ??? I have a guy coming that has an external video camera mount. You can mount it to the hood, or door, or trunk and shot video !!! It is his friend's mount, so he does not have a video camera. It works with all kinds of camera's. Somebody got to have one ! -B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/16/04 07:32 AM
Allright guys, i do believe you can sign me and my girlfriend up on this shindig! I'll be meeting at castle rock in a black 98 SVT, mainly you will know it by its loud and (disturbingly) almost rice exhaust.... but its pretty deep so its not too bad. I'm gonna try and clean the IAC valve and perhaps paint some interior pieces tomorr... errr today seeing as how its 1:30 a.m. I'm thinkin metallic silver won't look to ricey, and with enough thin coats, it should stay on. - Chris
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/16/04 08:43 AM
Nice I look forward to seeing that interior. As for me Ill be solo, Wife is busy, brother moved to Wisconsin.
Tait I know how you feel about not having parts ready. I purchased a Diablo Sport Chip for the ol Tour but will not get it until maybe Friday/Saturday next week. It is my hope that it will be a difference I can feel.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/16/04 01:07 PM
I'm going to change my oil before I head up there. My driving lights aren't aimed well but they'll do. I couldn't make the time to aim them this week.
Chip is in, and I think everything is ready to go.

Austin - you better be studying!

Ben - if you organize something with Blackwiddow, consider me there. I'd love to meet up with you again.

Everybody else - cross your "t"s and dot your "i"s. Check your fluid levels and fill your tires.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/16/04 07:08 PM
yeah i guess i will get my oil done today too. its a little early, cause no matter how many times i tell them, no one ever remembers that my speedo is in KM/H, so my stickers say 3,000 KM which is nothing. but it wouldnt hurt, especially with all of the driving im doing tomorrow.

well, i guess i will see you guys bright and early.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/17/04 03:07 AM
Glad to here that you are all ready to go. I Fried all my Battery cables. Car just made it to Pueblo and Died! I got it all fixed but it could have caught my car on fire. Thank God it didn't.
Anyways, I am in Pueblo waiting for you all tomorrow morning. Drive safe, and see you all soon. -B.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 12:19 AM
Whew, what a day, I had a great time out there, even though i didnt get to see that castle. Next time. Thanks to everyone who set this up, and mainly Randy. Cept now I have a problem where my idle is jumping up when I get off the throttle and onto the clutch.... Trip was still well worth it. And I think I lost the other black SVT comin in to pueblo, hope he made it back allright, believe it was Kingpin. - Chris
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 02:41 AM
Indeed what a great time. Best part of the trip was the eating, then drive to the Castle. OMG what an experience.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 03:31 AM
Had a great time, too!
I really learned a lot about my car's handling today and enjoyed meeting everybody. Thanks a bunch to Randy for setting this up!
I'll post some pics when I get 'em up on my website.

I hope everybody made it back safely.

BTW, I avg'd 29mpg for the whole trip!
Posted By: tourtured95 Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 03:42 AM
thanks boys & girls
just made it back to englewood alive & well
that run was way beyond what i could even hope for.
thanks for all the advise & driving lessons from all you svt'ers & svt/T'rs {hope you get that bwsvt] the whole trip was an absolute blast. thanks for having me.
c ya
Posted By: tourtured95 Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 04:00 AM
hey boys & girls
just wanted to say thanks for having me. this trip was an absolute blast. i appreciate the driving lessons from you svt guys,[maybe someday i'll have a real car instaed of a gl] but until then i'll just beat this one until it dies.
c-yall
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 04:03 AM
sure dragonfly, just keep rubbing it in that i didnt go up to the castle..... but the run back was pretty fun in any case... wait, wait no, it WOULD have been fun if we kingpin and i werent stuck behind a vette going the "recommended" limit around every BLEEPIN turn! where abouts do u live in denver? just in case i need some electrical help with the 'tour.- Chris
Posted By: Dragonfly Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 04:16 AM
Hampden/ I-25 I would be happy to help you anytime you need it.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - 04/18/04 04:41 AM
Glad to hear that everyone made it back safe. Derk2000, 29MPG, thats crazy good ! I still have half a tank and I will check out the MPG tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for coming out and making this such a great success. 13 cars ! How awesome. I hope everyone had fun and I cant wait to see some posted pics.
I was very happy myself on the handling of my car. Subframes and A-arms went a long way today, even with boost. Well, it was good to meet everyone. See you all around. -B.
Posted By: Derk-xB Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 05:25 AM
pics are up.
if you have pics but no place to host 'em, you can email them to me
Posted By: AutoSHO Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 05:56 AM
That was a blast! Sorry I didn't make it up to the Castle with you guys, I needed to get my friends back to Pueblo and on their way home. Thanks to Randy for organizing everything, that was an awesome run, and excellent turnout!

It was great meeting everyone I did (although I don't remember your names, sorry!) and I hope we can organize another run later this summer!

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 06:24 AM
i drove home at legal speed limits, and it felt sooo slow! I went around a few curves and thought, "don't mash the gas, you're done with the canyon run."

Another fun run sounds great!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 08:39 AM
randy- ive told you a few times already but thanks again for setting this up. i had a blast. i really wish i could have finished off the whole run with you guys, but my girlfriend had other plans for the night that we had to attend. next time she will be riding with me.

anyway, it was really nice to finally meet all of you. plato, that vette was a [censored], i wanted to backhand the driver for going so slow. it wasnt even the posted speed limit, it was like 10 mph under. i got back fine, i caught a stoplight that you managed to get through and i couldnt catch up.

i hope we can do this again soon, it really was a hell of a lot of fun. if you guys are interested in a day at the track (road course), let me or randy know. we are going to try to get something set up in august if there is enough interest.

thanks again to everyone for showing up. it really was nice to finally put faces with names. by the time we do this again, my car will not look the same after seeing/hearing some of yours. i have to get a new exhaust system on mine. all the other svt's had them and they sounded sweet.

hope everyone got home ok, talk to you guys later.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 11:17 AM
is it possible for someone else to post the pics on a different site? I can't see it from where they are posted now.

yeah yeah, I know they are in the pics section, didn't wanna post this over there.

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 03:34 PM
you talkin' smack about my pbase account? Actually, did you try just looking at my pbase page? http://www.pbase.com/derk2000/co_canyon_run

Mike, if I email you the pics, will your email reject them?
Posted By: stilov Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 05:34 PM
What I want to know is how Balck widow's turbo runs? Any dyno's yet?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/18/04 08:43 PM
No dynos yet.
Runs rich on deceleration you could always tell when Randy let off the gas, as a puff of smoke would trail out.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/19/04 12:06 AM
lots of good pics, and i made it it quite a few considering i was not there when you took most of them. that castle looks crazy, i wish i could have seen it!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/19/04 01:10 AM
damn cant edit my old post.. i got my pics up in the tread in pics and videos
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/19/04 03:35 AM
Allright good to hear you got back Kingpin, god I saw that vette, and i was like... hmm this could be fun, and like 5 seconds after being behind him... OMG!!! even my calm-tempered girlfriend was gettin pissed lol, she likes the turns long as they arent TOO fast, and i like them long as they are fast, either way we missed out on some good road . Dragonfly I am gonna send you a PM hopefully, they havent been working for me as far as sending goes, but how about a run more in the range of Bandimere area? I know I've been on a bunch of great stretches of curve there Dragonfly and/or I could go up one weekend and try to find a similair situation with the meeting/run/lunch/PhotoOP or Tourist Attr./run back. Any interest , and whats a good date? I know I have a mission with my church somewhere in the summer, but other than that, it's pretty open.
Posted By: Daddy Phat Sacks Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/19/04 04:01 AM
I may be a lowly noob, but any time in august would be awsome. I know of some damn good trips like that near steamboat. That may be to far to be pratical, but I am down for anything after I get my tranny.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Colorado Canyon Run - pics up! - 04/20/04 01:30 AM
Derek,
Yeah, I'm talking smack, punk!!!!! Actually Pbase is filtered.

Quote:

Access to this web page is restricted at this time.

Reason:
The Websense category "Personal Network Storage and Backup" is filtered.

URL:
http://www.pbase.com/derk2000/co_canyon_run

This firewall sucks. My e-mail should be able to open em if you could send em

michael.anthony@TAKEMEOUTDEREKTHANKSFORTHEPICSauab.aorcentaf.af.mil

Holla

© CEG Archives