Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I took this post idea from another board b/c it consolidates any sightings.

I rolled down the 60 this morning with a black '98 SVT. Looked as though it may have had springs and was really clean.
I saw one at the Pavilions on Sat....
I saw a Tropic Green SVT rolling down McDowell west of Scottsdale on Sunday afternoon. Had a rear spoiler. I was test driving an FX45 with Pops.
Saw a silver SVT turning west onto University from Smith in Tempe. It had a banner on the front and rear windows. I think I remember seeing this car in the Trader a month or so ago.
Spotted a Silver SVT heading west on University towards McLintock around 4. I was heading east, don't think he saw me.
Man you see a lot tours. I still haven't seen one yet. MMMM well if you see mine it'll be easy to spot cause my liecense plate says TYMEKS.
I guess they just grab my attention b/c I am a new owner. The two silver ones that I saw recently were different unless the banners were removed within a couple days.

I think I must be the only one spotting them!
I haven't spotted many tours, let alone SVT tours in a long while! How did all the SVTs get to Phx?
Spotted a burgundy SVT in the ASU parking lot by the practice fields. It was on some aftermarket 5 spoke wheels. Lookin' good!
Seen a red svt on Dobson and elliot a couple of days ago.
Saw a silver Sport w/ exhaust and maybe wheels turning west onto Warner from I-10 last night around 11 p.m.
Don't see too many spotted on the west side?
Saw a silver E1 SVT parked on 5th St. in Tempe. Had removed side moldings, clear side markers and ASU plates. Lookin' ill!
Originally posted by huntpass3:
Don't see too many spotted on the west side?

Im on the west side but nobody ever sees me...or I never see anyone.

Champagne pre98 with DTM style muffler, no ding guards, wheels, and 3 nice cracks in the windshield.
spotted a black svt contour heading east on Chandler Blvd at 5 o'clock near intel.
I saw a silver (i think?) tour with some wheels heading east on I-10 the other day
I live on Chandler and Kyrene - I'm usually home by 4:30 though. Did it have stock wheels? Might have been the one I see occasionally.

Saw a silver SVT on 48th St. and Washington this morning.
Saw a black SVT w/ a spoiler rolling down the 60 today and exit Mesa Drive.
alright I just saw a very clean black svt today going west on I-10 around 12ish today...who was it!!
I spotted two SVT's this morning!

One silver E0 on the 101 heading North from the Southern area and a burgundy E1 heading East on University around Smith in Tempe. The silver car was driven by a female and looked to have a baby seat in it.
I can't believe it, I saw a burgundy SVT on Higley and Guadalupe around 4:40 this afternoon. 3 in one day is pretty wild!
Originally posted by spd33:
The silver car was driven by a female and looked to have a baby seat in it.

Go baby, go!
I saw a T-Red SVT on Elliot and I-10 this afternoon. Driven by a nice looking lady.
Saw a black Mercedes S600 driving down Scottsdale Road. Who was it?
Quote:

Saw a black Mercedes S600 driving down Scottsdale Road. Who was it?

Who cares, we're here to talk about Contours!

J/k, I'd definitely peep an S600 if one rolled by me but I must say, they are pretty rare around Gilbert parts.
Now that im commuting to ASU from chandler, I see at least 3 svts on the highway a week Im surprised there are even that many around
I've seen maybe 5 ever...talk about a rare car.
Quote:

Now that im commuting to ASU from chandler, I see at least 3 svts on the highway a week Im surprised there are even that many around

Do you park at Cornerstone? I see T-Red SVT there almost everyday. I work in an office building right by there and walk by that lot everyday.
Quote:

Do you park at Cornerstone? I see T-Red SVT there almost everyday. I work in an office building right by there and walk by that lot everyday.

Nope, in fact im not even sure where cornerstone is. I part in lot 59 unfortunately. Takes me 20 minutes just to walk to class from the parking lot
Looks like an owner of a silver svt (lowered, rims, etc) works at the Fry's Electronics off Thunderbird. Is that person here?
He flew by me on T-Bird the other day. I mean flew - must have been going 70.
70? pshhh, i go average of 80...now thats flyin
Saw a silver SVT on Ray & I10.
I saw a silver e1 on I-10 W on Sunday and black e0 on the 60 last Friday.
Allright the silver SVT had too have been the lady that works with me at the Ray and I-10 dealership. MMMM it's possible.
I just started a new job this week at I-10 & Elliot. You may see my sexiness prowling around. =)
Seen a green contour with a shopping cart wing () on it today in front of earnhardts. It also had an exhaust and it looked like it had the svt front bumper.
nobody ever sees me
ok this had to be somebody...

a silver E1 SVT w/ window tint at Phoenix College...

I've seen one just like it in the same area before but it was an E0
Originally posted by makman10:
Quote:

Nope, in fact im not even sure where cornerstone is. I part in lot 59 unfortunately. Takes me 20 minutes just to walk to class from the parking lot

Let me start off by saying im retarded. Yes I do park in cornerstone I had no idea it was called cornerstone until I was at the tempe improv last week and noticed the sign

At certain times of the day parking there is closer than parking in the actual lot 59 because its so packed. (but thats mostly MWF) Its pretty stock on the outside except for some rage breaker 17's.
Originally posted by makman10:

Let me start off by saying im retarded. Yes I do park in cornerstone I had no idea it was called cornerstone until I was at the tempe improv last week and noticed the sign

At certain times of the day parking there is closer than parking in the actual lot 59 because its so packed. (but thats mostly MWF) Its pretty stock on the outside except for some rage breaker 17's.

LOL, I figured that was your car based on a description that you provided before.

I saw a Tropic Green E1 SVT with fire department stickers and plate and removed rub strips rolling down the 101S the other day. Looked almost identical to my car!
I saw two SVTs yesterday, I was driving with one T-red E1 and he pulled into the Sonora dorms @ asu. I also saw a black E1 at the in n out at ray road and 10, he had an ASU parking pass and a license plate holder that said ASU on it.

I also saw a green SVT today @ broadway and rural.
Not long ago I was at Bell and 51st ave and a Silver SVT pulled up next to me. Exchanged a few words and raced to the next light. At the next light an Eclipse pulled up too. All three of us took off. The next light they turned and I went straight.
who won??
I took the Silver SVT from the first light and then he took the Eclipse the second light. I had a horrible take off. I was hopping all over the place.

How do I keep my car from hopping like that?
Careful! Big Brother is watching!
yea...street racing stores are not allowed... so shhhh

anyway a Torsen or Quaife LSD will help your wheel hop...but its not cheap.
Spotted a silver SVT on University and Dobson without plates - who just got one?
Better motor mount too. Hop is partially caused by the motor rocking back and forth.
If anyone is interested in casting their own solid polyurethane motor and trans mounts........I have a few sources for the right stuff
ill be able to do it myself in a few weeks hopefully - im torn between a plastics class and a CNC class-

A metal bracket would work better than rubber, urethane, or plastic.
Here is what I mean, unless you're talking about solid metal body mounts.....
Not bad. I was talking about a solid steel/aluminum motor mount bracket, but that would be an improvement without creating the rough feel that a metal bracket would. I see that you used a 94 Durometer Urethane... Can you use a harder compound? Like a 98-101 Durometer? I have a new motor mount waiting to be installed, but that sounds like a winner.
I saw a black svt in a parking lot diagonally across the street from Chandler High on arizona ave, and it has RS6s. looked really nice, but i cant think of anyone from the board that lives around here and has rs6s.
I assume you can use the harder urethane. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, it'd just be way more stiff......almost solid
Saw a silver SVT rolling down the 101 this morning. Had a painted rear reflector, appeared to be lowered, and had an a-pillar guage pod.

Keyser maybe? Not sure but great looking car!
Just south of Ray? If so, it was me. I believe I am the only black one around with RS6's. Kaiser has them, but his is silver.
My Tour is sleeping peacefully this cold morning, so that had to be Keyser. He and I have twins.
Originally posted by Swazo:
......almost solid

You are learning, young Padiwon.
Yeah if the chrome strip was missing off of the back it was me. I'm staying at the parents house while they are out of town to watch their dogs. I didn't see you tho.
Quote:

Yeah if the chrome strip was missing off of the back it was me. I'm staying at the parents house while they are out of town to watch their dogs. I didn't see you tho.

You were in the far right when I went passed you in the far left around Frank Lloyd. I was also at the light at 8th St. / Rio Salado waiting to go straight when you went right.

I've been debating painting my reflector for a while and like how yours looks. I actually have a Mystique refelctor that I'm going to shave the emblem off of and paint.
Much better choice going with the mystique. I used to have a stereo system that was pretty loud. I popped off the strip while I was driving. I thought I had enough dynamat but I guess not. Since I have changed direction and I am focused on the performance/motor aspect of the car. I do still need to fix that damn reflector though. It's only been a year.
Originally posted by WNDITUP:
Just south of Ray? If so, it was me. I believe I am the only black one around with RS6's. Kaiser has them, but his is silver.

yea man, I like your car
Thanks!
Passed a black E1 SVT on the 27th Ave on-ramp (east bound) to the 101 around 4:45pm. Had spoiler and no tinted windows... There was a long haired dood driving with a girl in the passenger seat... I think I've seen this one on the 101 another time, but with the girl driving.
Green SVT. 48th St. and Piedmont. Sounded nice as you were blasting through the gears at the green light. =)
hah... guess that black one with spoiler (and long hair dood) lives around me. I left my residential area, and he was stopped at the next light.

And yes... I have not seen any other SVT's since my last post.
I saw a silver one off 15th ave & mc dowell yesterday...

seen him a couple times before though, don't think hes on CEG
Saw a black SVT on Mill Ave. on Saturday on big chrome wheels. Looked better than I would've expected with the bling!
Saw a silver E0 this morning at the Maricopa Superior Court Juror parking garage. Looked stock (still had the pinstripes, even). A middle-aged woman was driving.
T-red SVT on University and Rural. I think it had aftermarket wheels (just go a quick glimpse of it).
Originally posted by WNDITUP:
T-red SVT on University and Rural. I think it had aftermarket wheels (just go a quick glimpse of it).

That was me
Saw a t-red SVT rolling down McQueen in the deep south near Riggs yesterday. Believe it was markman10.
Saw a t-red SVT rolling down McQueen in the deep south near Riggs yesterday. Believe it was markman10.

Yup, living so close to eachother we were bound to run into eachother eventually
I will be down in that area in July - having a house built on Cooper and Ocotillo.
Saw a Tropic Green E1 on Friday on 107th Ave & Indian School...

who was it?!?
I saw a tropic green e1 parked at 6th and Mill Ave. on Thursday night. It had out of state plates though.
Bringing this thread from the dead.....

I saw a newer green SVT at Firebird yesterday (sunday) morning... at the AZ Solo2 autocross. If it was one of you, drive it, don't just watch

Though... since there has never been another contour at the autocrosses, someone suggested that I'd need to take off that persons head because there can be only one (sorry.. Highlander reference).

Hey, the more the better... tons of focuses, but i'm the only contour
I take a different route to work now since I moved, and I have followed a green SVT with SVT license frame down University by ASU a couple of times. If it's someone here, wave at the Green Explorer with pocketbikes written on the window next time!
I will be down from the colder parts of AZ this weekend, mostly in the Suprise area and alot of freeway driving so keep your eyes peeled!!!! I feel left out with all the AZ talk, start coming up to Flagstaff, its snowing right now actually. I'm the only Contour up here representing for CEG!!
today I saw an SVT exiting off I-17 at Thomas Rd.

I was kind of far away but it appeared to be a black SVT with white or silver racing stripes. Never seen anyone here like that before...
I also saw a T-Red SVT in Avondale at a Mobile gas station this past friday. The guy was attending to something under his hood.

But he had hood struts, t-red painted grill and billit(sp?) fuel door so I think he had to be from CEG.
i was the one at mill and 6th ave in tempe with the out of state plates, california, by the way they lead nowhere if ran, I have a green 00svt and just moved out here from cali.

all these people who responded to this thread need to get together and shoot the [censored] one day. When I had a 3000gtvr4 we used to get together 1-2 times a month and have a drink and talk cars race a bit but mainly just [censored]. We should get together and take over Mill one night or go over to Dos Gringos and have a beer and check everyones rides out to put a face to the car.

any takers, lets get this going

dan
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
I also saw a T-Red SVT in Avondale at a Mobile gas station this past friday. The guy was attending to something under his hood.

But he had hood struts, t-red painted grill and billit(sp?) fuel door so I think he had to be from CEG.

That had to be me!! I was heading out of town for the weekend - You forgot the B&M Shifter j/k!!
sweet...I walked right by it as I was going in the store. Looks pretty good! I knew it had to be someone from CEG though...
I saw a silver csvt on Alma School around Ray today at like 5 or so. He had it knauberized and it looked like exhaust also. Figures I see another SVT when im riding in my brothers car and not driving my own.
thought i too would bring this from the dead.

havn't seen the southwest thread till now. i mainly post in troubleshooting.

i also see many in the valley. not all the time but occasionally.

i have a 98 'tour svt with a big black wu tang logo on the hood. i took the skirts off the fix too. i live in alma school and southern area. so if you see me that's me!

i bought it off my older brother and am still in process of bringing her back up to par.

would like to meet up with ya guys!
Damn i dont ever see anyone unless its by my work..........

Metro mall i see a nice silver one lowered on some nice wheel's about twice a week...
I rarely ever see a CSVT anymore, or mod'ed non-svt. I think I see an svt about every 4-5 months and a mod'ed (even mildly modified, or just nice looking) non-svt about every 2-3 months. This is excluding most of the nice Contours I see... because when I look to see whos driving, it's usually some old lady.
Originally posted by morbid:
I rarely ever see a CSVT anymore, or mod'ed non-svt. I think I see an svt about every 4-5 months and a mod'ed (even mildly modified, or just nice looking) non-svt about every 2-3 months. This is excluding most of the nice Contours I see... because when I look to see whos driving, it's usually some old lady.

Hey were you over by gutier center off of 28th ave an peoria a couple of weeks ago??????
nope... haven't been around Metro center in a while.
Hey local CSVT guys been a lurker here for about a year got my contour in new orleans a couple months ago from a guy off this site, anyways just noticed this section and thought I would say whats up....Really quick have any of you guys in AZ done the 3L swap, if so could you tell me where you had it done and how you have enjoyed it, thanks guys, by the way I live in Mesa and I know of atleast one other csvt in my area, so yeah thats my first post......
ADC in Chandler did a swap on Rev. Po'Jay's 98 SVT. It put down about 210fwhp. I think I have the chart somewhere on my hard drive. What year did you get?
I got a 99, by the way I saw a silver one just like mine today on priest headed towards the 202.......Do you know how much it was for the 3L?
Swing by the shop and ask them what it would take, I'm not sure. Mine was turbo. ADC is located 513 N 54th st. between Chandler and Ray rd. They are open tomorrow from 9 to most likely 6ish.

There are a lot of different ways you can go. I think just a Buckshot engine is $1800 fully prepped and ready to go. Then you have labor and anything else like trans, etc.
Anyone have a black svt with a red ford emblem in the front grill? Saw it on Greenway, west of Grand.... Was heading to Surprise yesterday afternoon to watch some fireworks... was in my wifes intrepid though.
(and 7 months pass since I've seen another SVT...)

I left my building at work for lunch and there was a shiny+clean red SVT right in front. Anyone here happen to work at American Express off I-17 & 101? I'm thinking it might not be a CEG'er as it appears to be completely stock (even: door ding guards intact, 24v badge -- no side markers, and no front bumper cover lower braces... all of which are fairly common mods).
(and 7 months pass since I've seen another SVT...)

I left my building at work for lunch and there was a shiny+clean red SVT right in front. Anyone here happen to work at American Express off I-17 & 101? I'm thinking it might not be a CEG'er as it appears to be completely stock (even: door ding guards intact, 24v badge -- no side markers, and no front bumper cover lower braces... all of which are fairly common mods).

Haha, my roommate just had an interview at Am.Ex. on tuesday and he's gotta go back for round two next week I think.

That actually sounds like my car, but mine stands out like a sore thumb with the damage I've got on the passenger side. I will also be on that side of town more often now as we are moving into a house up near the 51&101 it's actually right near the Paradise Valley Comm. College. on Union Hills
Oh yeah, Last week I spotted a Black/blacked out SVT w/chrome E1's(looked mildly stock) pulling out of the street that has all the dealerships on it in Avondale... Anyone??????
cool! sounds like your new place is just a few miles straight north of me (32nd St and Cactus)
Sweet, I'm deffinetely siked to be in a much better section of town(36st&Mcdowell-old apt.), plus we got a garage now too, so I can actually work on my car...
yeah... garages definetly help save time/money!

I was in an apt at 40th St and McDowell (right next to the 143) about 6 years ago... I understand what you mean. I loved the location (freeway access), but isn't the best area.
I understand what you mean. I loved the location (freeway access), but isn't the best area.

yeah, I'll be driving like twice the distance to school now, but oh well it's worth it.
It'll also be nice not to have the choppers circling all night and the gunshots every other night......
hehehe yeah. But you might still hear it from "Greenway Square" (Cave Creek <-> 32nd St, Greenway <-> Bell). That area is supposed to be one of the worst areas in Phoenix (according to the news a couple years ago).
i saw a black svt with black tints turning onto 60 east off of priest, wonder if its one of us. didnt see much of it as it was turning onto the onramp.
spotted an E1(I think, it was a quick glance)today getting off of the 51 and heading west on Indian school. Looked to be stock, missing a jack cover but other than that it looked good.
It was a middle-eastern guy driving it, I saw him, but him no see me...
Heh... I went that route to Lopers yesterday, but doesn't sound like it was me. I was there at about 11:00am.
Last night on the 101 heading west, saw a real clean CSVT.. It was a Silver Frost(pretty sure it was an E1), looked like it had Susp., wheels, and an exhaust.....
And what do you know it said CLN SVT(AZ-plates) on the plate, and that thing was deff. clean. It was a younger guy with a girl in the pass. seat, wondering if it was anyone here, or if anyone else has seen it.
Hey gang, while I don't have a Contour anymore, my van is easily spottable again. I put a sticker on the top of the back window that says BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY. LOL
Oh yeah, we are moving to Surprise this weekend. We'll be living off Waddell and Verde Vista in a fairly new tract.
I think that's the new development across the street from my brothers house. Is verde vista west of butherus?
Hey, yeah that was me with CLN SVT license plate on the 101 I would have sayed hi but I was trying to get away from someone that was riding my ass.
© CEG Archives