Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/12/03 01:38 AM
I placed my order for my low beams tonight! I wanted to hold off and finish the hi and low beams and then just post pics and a how to.........but I got excited!
mabey youll have to do some for whatever I buy next-

congrats- and im an idiot- I had kinetics number written down for you but I threw the paper away - sorry
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/12/03 10:01 PM
lol, it's all good.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/16/03 07:22 PM
Muahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!

Guess what I just got from a chick in brown clothing???????
A slurpee? YUMMMM
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/16/03 10:57 PM
lol

Maybe I should've done a bit more research before I got these........but they should be DONE by tonight or mid-day tomarrow!!!! While looking on some auto lighting forums I ran into a familiar CEG'er and his posts! I wonder which CEG'er would be doing that.........:X

Anyway, I'll have pics tomarrow night by latest! This mod is VERY easy to do and to do the low and high beams all at once will only cost about $250!!!!! Why PAY someone to do it for you if it can be done for a fraction of the price????? I'll have a how to for sure! Keep your peepers open! Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/17/03 03:22 AM
OK......
Much more to it than I thought. But I wasn't far off on how easy this is. I'm learning as I go and have found an easier way to do the hightower mod too.

So the time line for the "How to" and pics of this mod and the hightower style mod will be by next weekend. I should finish my current project by tomarrow night for sure! I have one headlight trimmed and ready for reassembly.

How about I just finish this and then talk.....deal? Sorry had to take a break before I went insane
Posted By: The Davis Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/17/03 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Swazo:
How about I just finish this and then talk.....deal?

Deal I'm curious to see the finished product.
Your not looking at http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/ are you?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/20/03 01:57 AM
It was!

Now that I am waiting to let the silicone dry, I thought I'd give a heads up on how it went.

After mod'ing my ideas about 5 or 6 times I got it done! It was WAY harder than I first thought. But now I have a good way of doing it, and "How To" is in the works. After going through this once, I've decided not to tear into them again later to add high beams, unless I do a brand new set all at once.....but I doubt it.

Real world mod time on my method is about 5 hours for the 2 lowbeams once I get the "How To" all done. I ended up pretty much gutting the whole headlight assembly and did a lot of boring and grinding to fit.

All and all I think they went together very well for prototypes, and the next set done will come out better than mine since I had to go through the trial and error part.

Now that I will have headlights in my car for the first time in days, I can go get my camera from my friend. Pics should be on by tomarrow night. They look great.....atleast to me. The real test is to see what you guys think!
common- you cant do that- leaveing us all here waiting-

jerk-

common- post pics-

common

common

common

common

common

ok - ill settle for tomorrow!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/22/03 12:28 AM
I'm still waiting on getting my camera back. I will break into my friends house if that's what it'll take to get it back.

But so far WAY good! Now that I have got the right plastic polish and my headlights are inner moisture free (thank you silicone!), I have noticed a GRIP of people taking double takes and stuff in the last 2 days of having them on there!

Now I just need a good set of aftermarket fog lights and I'm set!
Posted By: The Davis Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/22/03 12:34 AM
Are you just going to make a HOWTO or are you planning on selling this "kit"?

If you're going to make a HOWTO, mind if I ask what this has cost you so far?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/22/03 01:56 AM
I'm only doing a "how to", I don't plan on making any money off of CEG'ers.

To do my low beam projector's I used the got following stuff:

(2)- Hella 90mm H9 Projector Low beams

(2)- H9 connectors

(1)- Craftsman Sanding drum bit kit

(1)- Dupli-color Self-Etching Primer

(1)- Dupli-color Primer Sealer

(1)- Plasti-kote "Body Shop Paint" (lol) Dark Grey Metallic

(1)- Plasti-kote Truck & SUV Clear coat

(1)- Permatex 5 Min. Epoxy

(2)- Permatex black and clear silicone

.....and used the following stuff I already had:

(1)- 1/2" Makita Drill

(1)- Bench Grinder (Real handy for the bulk of the grinding)

(1)- 3M 1000 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper

T15 and phillip drivers

Basic hand tools

All said and done $150
It isn't as hard as I made it seem in my last couple of posts. I'm currently working on a fairly easy "How To" that will show what I've been yacking about lately.

All of my friends have REALLY liked them a lot! Their jaws drop and they usually have a few swear words rolling out for their first words! I'm almost amazed on how much better they look! On a scale of 1-10, I think it's a 9. It would've been a 10 if I knew then, what I know now.
I should be in Utah this weekend. You can snap some pics with my camera if you would like to.
dang it I dont care whos camera it is- just get some pics!!!!!!!

Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/22/03 04:12 PM
I might have to use another camera........

I'll try again to get MY camera back today.

WOW, I just checked the prices for other headlights out there for our cars. To pay for the mod I did for myself, get $425 for someone else to do it for you even with your own lights!

Now when you can do it for yourself (In my "How To" I'm even showing how to do the high beams too, which cost $625 to get it done elsewhere other than your own garage, ect!) and not have to shell out way more then you really should for headlights!

OK, here is something to look at until I can either get my camera back or meet up with Jon later on sometime this weekend.

http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/90mm.htm

This is where I got my Hella lowbeam projectors and H9 connectors

Swazo - Very exciting!! Keep us posted on that How-To and your parts sources...Thanks!
http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/90mm.htm

This is where I got my Hella lowbeam projectors and H9 connectors

If you find a employee at Checker who will price match an internet site, you can get them for less. Thats how I will get ahold of mine. The part numbers are the same.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/23/03 05:11 AM
OK, I got these in the parking lot of the Pie after some Hef and some pizza. Enjoy! They honestly bite, but it shows what I've been talking about until I can wash my car and get some daylight pics.

Me Rikey
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/23/03 01:45 PM
pretty nice, bet it wouldn't look half as good on a pre98 though
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/23/03 02:43 PM
lol

While looking on some auto lighting forums I ran into a familiar CEG'er and his posts! I wonder which CEG'er would be doing that.........:X

me? hehehehh

but i am not planning on just slapping on the projectors on the pre98's I am trying to figure out a way to make a brand new headlight assembly at a reasonable cost

Prices I got upto now are crazy, lets say the cheapest was $15000 for the mold, for 1 side
Find someone in a college that has access to CNCs and all that good stuff. They might be able to get it sponsered for a school project. That would be dope.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/23/03 10:53 PM
I should've said "CEG'er's. It was you and a bit more higher profile CEG'er in the headlight field.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/23/03 11:36 PM
Let me guess? Quicksilver

BTW here is something else I found
3rd from the top

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/car-with-conv-oem-halo-projectors.htm
The was I was thinking of doing it to a pre-98 was to pick up a set of 90mm projectors (perhaps the E-codes from Puma, the Canada city-light model is kinda neat too). Anyway, take a set of lamps. Then find some 90mm ID plastic tubing. Seperate the lens from the housing. Place the lamps in the housing, with the lowbeam in the center (or modify a set of lows and remove the cutoff shield). The center lamps will be hidden slightly by the hood. After the lamps have been placed, then cut two round holes (90mm) into the lens. Sand and smooth the inside of the lens near where the plastic tubes will attach. Connect the tubes with some sort of epoxy. After everything is cured, then tape of the lamps and paint the lenses body color or whatever. Make sure the tubes don't touch the lamps so there is room for adjustment. These gaps will also allow a place for water to escape if you drive in the snow or rain (just put a drain in the stock lamp). Rewire the headlight harness using finer wire with a heavier guage. Connect HID to the lows and install into vehicle.

Thats how I would do it at least.

Very cool work on yours Swazo. I will want to take a look at them in person when I decide to chop into my lamps (again). How much better is the beam pattern? Do you think that those modules would also look good in the place of your foggies? How did you level them to work with the factory adjustment or is there a different place to adjust them now?
And..... Where did you get your lamps from anyway? Hella parts took FOREVER when I would order them from Checker.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/24/03 05:25 AM
Here is a good site with pretty good prices
I have that one at home. There are lots of other goodies on my computer too.

Here is one I can remember. I will have more when I get home tomorrow.
All I gotta say is NICE!!!!!
Wow, can't wait to do that how-to. Looks amazing for only $150!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 01/30/03 12:31 AM
OK,
I've put off the "How-to" until I can adjust one more time and seal the passanger side up all the way.

I've run into a overheating problem and am in the middle of fixing it. Once I get this crap outta the way I'll get back to the "How-to".

(I am taking this down time to solve the sealing issue )
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 02/18/03 06:18 PM
OK,
I've put off the "How-to" until I can adjust one more time and seal the passanger side up all the way.

I've run into a overheating problem and am in the middle of fixing it. Once I get this crap outta the way I'll get back to the "How-to".

(I am taking this down time to solve the sealing issue )

Any updates? I want to know how you did this....

Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 02/19/03 05:20 AM
I know.......I feel guilty...........I'll get off ma ass and get 'er done!
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 03/02/03 05:46 PM
I know.......I feel guilty...........I'll get off ma ass and get 'er done!

did you try yet? please, please, please!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 03/03/03 09:30 PM
I have it about ready now and am going to put it out on the FCO site to contribute something there too. So either keep an eye open over there, or I can PM or email anyone a copy.

It's still on paper right now
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 03/03/03 11:55 PM
Well I'm just working on a few diagrams and pics, but it's basicly done. Once I either get new glass for my scanner or hit up Kinko's....it will be done.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 03/06/03 08:17 PM
Well I'm just working on a few diagrams and pics, but it's basicly done. Once I either get new glass for my scanner or hit up Kinko's....it will be done.

You are the P-I-M-P! Let me know, if you want, you can PM it to me, or I'll PM you my email.
Sorry to bring this back up man but you post some pics again, i want to do the projectors but i wanna see what they look like with just lows. Thanks
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 04/09/03 03:01 AM
No worries!

I've been tied up with work, the cam gb, and getting all of my 3L & MTX75 parts together ready to swap over in a little bit. I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish up the "how-to", but it will happen sometime fairly soon.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 04/09/03 05:49 PM
OK, how about this...........

ANYONE who wants to know how to do this and is seriouse about doing it, I will help out via PM's and email. That should be good enough until I can get the "how-to" done.

-Daymon
Dave is looking into it. I want to be there to see how you fit it into the 98+ lamps.
Thanks for the pics Daymon
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 04/12/03 09:12 AM
It was "EZ"
when you got these did you have to cut any holes bigger or anything for them to fit or what let me know how you did the installation on these thanks buddy quicksilversvt_419@msn.com
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/04/03 01:08 AM
Originally posted by quicksilver_svt:
when you got these did you have to cut any holes bigger or anything for them to fit or what let me know how you did the installation on these thanks buddy quicksilversvt_419@msn.com

I put a ton of work into them. If you skim over this post you'll get an idea. But I am adding the high beams very soon ( as soon as they get here, I'm looking at a few late, late nights )
But I will be adding the Hella 90mm high beam projectors and will be doing a "how-to" this time for sure

It's up to UPS now....
you know - you and jon are going to have to help me rig up some on my volvo!!
Hella 90mm high beam projectors

Um...

Projectors?

Im sure we will be able to find something for you too Scot.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/04/03 02:42 PM
OK, maybe they aren't projectors, but the Hella 90mm H9 high beams
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/04/03 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Horse:
you know - you and jon are going to have to help me rig up some on my volvo!!

It'd be easy to do something for the volvo!
None of the pics have come up for me and I'd like to see these new projectors. Just curious though, why didn't you guys go with quad projectors because when I used my high beams its simply amazing , kinda like two policecar spotlights!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/04/03 06:43 PM

Here is a pic of my low beam projectors. I didn't go throuugh Milan because I can do my own custom work for much....much....MUCH less $$$$. Seeing that my headlights actually keep moisture out unlike some of Milan's......I'm very happy that I did my own set.

With my high beams there will be a few other.....changes... to the headlights. I'll post pics as soon as I have some.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/04/03 09:31 PM
i want projectors
Damn your car looks amazing, especially the rims What rims are they btw? Its a little hard to see the projectors in the pic, can you show some more pics (free horing ) Is there any chance you can bring that bad boy out to SZ04' Also I know what you mean about condensation in the Milan quad projectors, I get some but its very little and goes away within about an hour. The funny thing is that it only shows up in the early spring and fall though, no problems in the summer You guys who did your own are lucky and/or fortunate to do your own lights. I couldn't do it and wouldn't even think about it, so I had to pay and pay I did! I will say this though, I'm very happy with my lights, as far as the quality and light output, the 4100K HIDs with H7 Hella projectors and 65w Halogens w/ H9 highs work well, especially when used together on very dark roads, really inspires confidence
OK, maybe they aren't projectors, but the Hella 90mm H9 high beams

Ok then. I was about to be very upset.

Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
why didn't you guys go with quad projectors because when I used my high beams its simply amazing , kinda like two policecar spotlights!

Personally, I tried every way possible to make the 90mm lows work as highs. I was just unhappy with the results. Their range didnt seem to be able to keep up with my stock highs, and that was a requirement for me. Having quad projectors, while it did look really cool, wasnt worth the drawback as I saw it. If Hella had intended them to be highs, they would have made a dedicated module. Anyway, these are the 90mm highs in action:

Highs and lows, no foggies:

Highs only. The hotspot is due to a slight dip in the road.

Doing the lamps like Milan did gave me two half snowball shapes above the cutoff of the lows. That was good and all, but it also gave me two, very overpowering stripes directly in front of the car.

Ok, Im done hijacking the thread.
so have you started on the How-to yet? I'm reaaally interested in doing something like this as well as learning to mold stuff into my bumper. Also, what auto lighting forum were you looking in?

-
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/05/03 02:28 AM
[image]Here is a pic of my low beam projectors. I didn't go throuugh Milan because I can do my own custom work for much....much....MUCH less $$$$. Seeing that my headlights actually keep moisture out unlike some of Milan's......I'm very happy that I did my own set.

With my high beams there will be a few other.....changes... to the headlights. I'll post pics as soon as I have some.

I'm glad people are starting to do projectors themselves and do them properly.

Your car looks great.

If/when you get your "How to - Projector Headlights", let me know and I will add it to the Aesthetic FAQs.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/05/03 02:58 AM
Wow, thanks guys!

I don't want to say I'm going to go and then have to back out, but SZ04 is my goal They're 18X7.5 RacingHart C5 w/ 42mm offset. I have loved these wheels for quite some time and have wanted them since before the SVT. RacingHart doesn't make them in 4X108, so I had to get them custom drilled. Like I said, I love those wheels
Back on topic, I did the projector low beams when I noticed Milan's GB and also peep'd the prices I'm just getting around to doing the high beams and a few other things.

As soon as UPS brings me my stuff, I'll start on that "how-to". Even though I made my lights fixed, I'll post info on making mounts to keep them adjustable. I'll try to take as many pics as possible and not just drive through the process like lasttime

Also, I noticed it wasn't such a great pic to show the projectors....I've been having issues with my freebie fototime account the past few days....Hopefully I can get some up later tonight.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/05/03 03:04 AM
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
so have you started on the How-to yet? I'm reaaally interested in doing something like this as well as learning to mold stuff into my bumper. Also, what auto lighting forum were you looking in?

-

Lighting forum?? LMAO, I dove into the project after seeing which projectors most people use in custom applications. I winged it, but lucked out and did very well (if I do say so myself )
Lighting forum?? LMAO, I dove into the project after seeing which projectors most people use in custom applications. I winged it, but lucked out and did very well (if I do say so myself )

Ooh, someone likes playing with fire.

Personally, I used http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/. I have also seen Josch and Milan there as well. I know there have been others, but I have brake cleaner fumes in my head right now and cant think.

It seems like the H9 projector is the projector of choice for most doing a retrofit and not using OEM pieces. They can be converted to HID easily, and arent terribly expensive. Larger units (120mm) can be bought, as can pure ECE H7 units. The prices are higher though.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/06/03 01:50 AM
I got my lights tonight, so I should have the first pics soon....
DO NOT look at them when you turn them on. You will be seeing more spots then if you looked at a welding arc.

*Waits anxiously for pics*
Where are the pics
Posted By: Swazo Re: Projector headlight project is on now! - 11/09/03 05:58 PM
I've already got one headlight assembly 90% done w/o pics. I misplaced my camera and decided to do one off the bat, and now that I have found my camera I can do the "how-to" with the other headlight

The head light that I'm just about done with only took about 20 minuets to mod the high beam housing, the head light assembly and the now purely asthetic reflector for it to fit! Basicly all that's left to do on that headlight is to adjust and set the highbeam, paint the old high beam reflector and reseal the lense to the housing.

I'll try to get new pics up ASAP
Posted By: Swazo 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/10/03 12:52 AM
OK, I'm done with the housing mods and projector mods with both headlights. All that's left is to test fit them on car, shim the projectors in place and set them in epoxy. I won't be mod'ing the reflector as I'm getting custom bezels made (anyone hightowerized bezels?? ) and won't be reusing it or the oem bezels.

I've been taking good pics through out the process thus far. I'll be putting a "how-to" together shortly, but will be somewhat incomplete as I am only able to show how to do the high beams. But if you're able to do the high beams, you can easily do the lows the same way. I'll also have to show how to grind the reflectors too...even though mine aren't being reused. *Dion used a sheet of CF instead, keet that in mind....

Here is a mock up showing the high beam in place WITH the oem bezel and reflector. Keep in mind, they will look different. *Notice the low beams have a charcoal grey metallic painted reflector??

Here is one of the headlights in taken apart.

Finally, here is a slightly better shot of the headlights before this currant burst of mods...

Nice Pull-ups! The lights look awesome!
Quote:

Nice Pull-ups!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

nice to have you back colter!!
This project would be even better if you could find something for the turn signals too. The car would look mean with everything black.
Just thought I'd put mine up here, for comparisons sake

The difference between mine and the rest of your guys projectors is you did your own and I didn't, so tip of the cap to you guys FYI, my lows are H7's w/ 4100K Phillips HIDs and the highs are H9's w/ 65w Halogens
Posted By: Swazo Re: 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/10/03 02:46 PM
Nice, looks good when Milan used Hella low beam projectors on both highs and lows. I bet with the HID's the lows are much brighter!

I still want to use a small projector(s) as turn signals, I'm just waiting the hear what I can do with the new bezels. If the CF versions flop for some reason, then I'll just do some more custom work to the OEM versions.....
We'll have to see what happens

Oh yeah...I've finally found some nice "hyper white" H9 bulbs that are 50 state legal.... I hope they work out

Diaper boxes....is there anything they won't hold?
It's good to be back.
Posted By: Swazo Re: 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/11/03 03:12 AM
If anyone ventures over to FCO, I have an alblum w/ like 30+ pics IIRC. I'd link it, but that's frowned apon

link it anyway - who gives a crap if some old CEG fart doesnt like it - colter and i have been around longer thanmost people here have
my lows are H7's

How are the H7s treating you Roger? Any problems with the European pattern and the D2S? (glare for the slowlane traffic while on the freeway, for example)

Out of curiousity, since Milan would never say, if you look really close to the front of the lamps you will see the little Hella logo. The highbeams are rightside up, arent they?

colter and i have been around longer thanmost people here have

Most, but not all. *evil laugh* Colter just scared me early on so I avoided the Utah forum. I was always afraid Ratbeard and his midgets would enslave me.
I have to say that I love my headlights and its the best mod I've done to date, no matter what they cost Seeing that I've had my projectors since the spring I've had alot of time driving the car at nightime (actually look forward to it ) and haven't had one person flash their lights at me. Milan took extra time aiming my lights to make sure they were right and the beam pattern is the same on both sides, although its not a straight beam patten like his own personal lights are. As far as the Hella logo goes, well, its the right side up on both sides, thats how its supposed to be, right Are any of you projectors builders going to make them for the masses?
and haven't had one person flash their lights at me.

Ive only had one, and then I am not 110% sure (it was a Discovery and they flashed their fog lamps ). We were both cresting a small hill. I had my foglamps at this time. It would be quite a suprise to go from just your light to being under the beam pattern of four H9 projectors.

although its not a straight beam patten like his own personal lights are.

I was thinking about changing mine. After I first put them on I felt like I illuminated traffic to the right too much. After six months of freeway night use, and watching peoples responses (or lack of) I know I am fine. The pattern in the foglamp projectors is flat though. I did this so I could aim them with a little less drop since they are already so close to the ground.

As far as the Hella logo goes, well, its the right side up on both sides, thats how its supposed to be, right

Ya, its right. I was just curious since I was having such trouble making the H9 low for highbeam work for me.

Are any of you projectors builders going to make them for the masses?

Not me. Near the bottom if you want to know why.
Originally posted by ExDelayed:

Most, but not all. *evil laugh* Colter just scared me early on so I avoided the Utah forum. I was always afraid Ratbeard and his midgets would enslave me.

LMAO!
Got any pics of the rear of the housings, where you mounted the projectors?? This is where I become very skeered & nervous about cutting...
Posted By: Swazo Re: 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/12/03 01:14 AM
Like that?
Posted By: Swazo Re: 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/12/03 01:28 AM
link it anyway - who gives a crap if some old CEG fart doesnt like it - colter and i have been around longer thanmost people here have

No, at FCO they get heated when you link to the site. Something about milking his hard earned bandwidth IIRC
Ah. That's Dom for you. He's a good guy though.
Yes, thanks. Thats what I was looking for...were they difficult to cut? I'm worried about cracking
Posted By: Swazo Re: 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/12/03 10:50 PM
After taking them apart, you have to get rid of the groove that the rubber gasket seats in. I used a jigsaw like a sawzall, and put slices into it every 1/2" or less. Then I used a small pair of flat nosed pliers to rip each 1/2" section of the groove off which left a rough torn hole (that sounds really bad ). To clean it up I used a drum sanding bit on a dremel and cleaned it up really nice.

I will have a "how-to" soon
***ATTN*** Swazo, ExDelayed and Dion A local CEG-er here in SE MI (Connie) (ConnietheContour), has aquired a set of headlight assmeblies from a BMW that has low beam projectors w/ HIDs. What he wants to know is can this be made to work, either by cutting out the projectors only or maybe removing the entire headlight area thats chrome (insides) Thanks for any help here guys
which left a rough torn hole (that sounds really bad ).
I will have a "how-to" soon

LOL...

I thought I could use a cutting wheel on the dremel & just cut the lip off(right around the outside of it) where the gasket sits...get that how-to up
Quote:

get that how-to up

LOL- ok - well see it when it happens-
JK daymon- not that we are doubting you -

but its been in "ill get it done" mode for a while
Posted By: Swazo Re: 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/14/03 03:55 AM

I am as far as I can go for a little bit. I am still waiting to hear more about what can and can't be done via CF bezels. I've been desperatly sketching and photochopping....trying to come up with something fairly mean/clean looking. Also I have yet to find a projector or cool looking LED turn signal to use....so I'm just cleaning the housings up to paint them and holding off on getting the projectors adjusted correctly.

My SVT is without drivetrain at this time Come spring, this problem will be solved thanks to Buckshot Motor Sports and HMS So until then, adjusting the projectors would be really guesstimating because of how the car sits with major wheel gap in the front w/o an engine. BUT...if my low beams look like they're still in a good pattern...I'll be able to know how much to bump the high beam pattern over the low's.....

I also wouldn't like the idea of my info being used by anyone to do a GB or the like. Milan did a fairly high quality job, but has proven that there are small things that got over looked when doing them in a small scale production. I am doing this for the people who are looking to save a ton of cash over paying to have them done and do their own custom headlights, not those who are looking to make a quick buck and rip off CEG'ers. That's why I held off on the first "how-to" to be honest.
Posted By: Swazo Re: 2nd round of projector mods are on!!!!! - 11/14/03 04:07 AM
***ATTN*** Swazo, ExDelayed and Dion A local CEG-er here in SE MI (Connie) (ConnietheContour), has aquired a set of headlight assmeblies from a BMW that has low beam projectors w/ HIDs. What he wants to know is can this be made to work, either by cutting out the projectors only or maybe removing the entire headlight area thats chrome (insides) Thanks for any help here guys

On post-98's, the actual headlight bulb is set in place. The chrome reflector is what is connected to the adjusters. When adding in projectors, you no longer "need" them as you are replacing the factory headlights and just reusing the housing for asthetic and practicle reasons. They are simply trimmed to fit around the projectors.

I *think* Milan just used the center of the reflector that seperated the high and low beam reflectors. Dion used a sheet of CF and didn't even reuse the reflector. I did reuse the reflector, but if all goes well....this time I won't be
© CEG Archives