Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Derk-xB So long Southwest! - 08/01/06 03:43 AM
I'm leaving next Sunday for The Dalles. I'm going to try my luck in the Northwest.

I moved Ashley up to the Dalles about 4 weeks ago. I've been living in my apt. with the minimal amount of stuff to get by. It's pretty embarassing to bring friends over to an empty apartment that echos when you sneeze but I know I'll look back and laugh.

I finished up my last rotation on Friday, and it felt damn good. I was at the Bone Marrow Transplant clinic at the U (which was fascinating), and it was great to end my PA student career on a good note. In fact, if I ever want to return to SLC, I'd probably get a job there.

Anyway, I graduate on Friday, and then I'm driving up to OR on Sunday. It'll be me, Ashley, Coda, and a Scion full of shizzle! I'll check in w/ the SW crew...as usual.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: So long Southwest! - 08/01/06 04:00 AM
Good luck Derek! Soon the SW will be more active with people who no longer live there than ones that do
Posted By: 94ex Re: So long Southwest! - 08/02/06 05:14 AM
Good luck buddy, if I don't move back to CO after school the Oregon/Washington area is a place I'm considering moving. Oh yeah you should check out one of the track meets at OU, it is the only track stadium in the nation that sells seaon tickets!!
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: So long Southwest! - 08/02/06 01:09 PM
Congrats on the graduation and good luck with all that's ahead!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: So long Southwest! - 08/02/06 02:45 PM
Thanks everybody. I'm makin' all the address changes and cleanin' up the apartment. I'm feelin' pretty ready to move. BTW, Feel free to come and visit. The house we're renting is HUGE!

Austin - I don't think I'll be picking up any season tickets, but I'll check the stadium out. The "Pre" museum in Portland is pretty cool, BTW.
Posted By: Swazo Re: So long Southwest! - 08/02/06 09:11 PM
Woot, freedom! I bet you're glad to be moving onto your career after all of the 'schoolin' you've gone through. Good luck with it, you deserve it Derek!

I wanna see your toy when you get it BMW Z8!
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: So long Southwest! - 08/03/06 01:59 PM
Congrats and good luck Derek! My family is all from Washington, it's a great area of the country. Plenty to do, just have to adapt to the "conditions". Jen and I are moving in this weekend to our first apartment, so we're pretty excited, but sounds like you've got alot bigger job ahead of you! So when are you going to fly us all out, huh big spender?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: So long Southwest! - 08/03/06 05:13 PM
I'll be right on the eastern slope of the cascades, so the weather should be tolerable for a SW kinda guy.
Big spender? I think the only thing I'll be big-spendin' on is loans! Well...then a new road bike...and then...
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: So long Southwest! - 08/03/06 10:21 PM
Congrads Derk, I really hope you have a great time in OR. It is awesome to work so hard and then get a job in that field. Make sure you keep in touch. -B.
© CEG Archives