Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/23/06 05:21 PM
It still needs a few small parts, but its home, finally. I had to raid the other two Contours for parts to get it to power up (the guy sharing the shop with me stole all the underhood fuses/relays).

Anyway though, here are pics. I grabbed them before I left for work so the angles/quality isnt the best.

Posted By: ElKy Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/23/06 05:32 PM
thats a great color!
Posted By: forsho Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/23/06 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
thats a great color!

I love that color too. It look sat hom eon the cougar.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/23/06 06:26 PM
Thanks guys. I am pretty happy with it, especially since I had never seen that color in person before. I had only seen it on the internet and I had to have it.
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/23/06 06:42 PM
looks nice!

but you should've painted the taillights.....
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/23/06 06:55 PM
I can still change it later. I want to grab the euro tails for it first. Either that or give it LED tails. It might be tricky with the curves in the lenses.

Still a treat to see your old ride. I loved that car.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/24/06 12:27 AM
That looks better than I had thought, and I was thinking it was going to look great

I've still got Swazo's 3" exhaust system with the black chrome mufflers/tips. Not sure how that would look with your color though, but it might look pretty sweet
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/29/06 01:51 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
thats a great color!

I've seen one Cougar that color, pretty sharp in person.

Originally posted by Swazo:

I've still got Swazo's 3" exhaust system with the black chrome mufflers/tips. Not sure how that would look with your color though, but it might look pretty sweet

I think the black chrome would look great.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 06/29/06 11:50 AM
That is my second favorite color right after frenchblue of course.

Have fun with her!
Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 07/19/06 11:13 AM
Don't know much about Cougars, but that one looks pretty good. I have to second the comments on the color being rare.....

Just a random question, does anyone every upgrade or swap out Cougar engines with the SVTC spec engine? It's at least 30 more hp in stock form right?
Posted By: 94ex Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 07/19/06 02:20 PM
There was a cougar a while ago I think on NECO that had an SVT engine in it, but you are better off to go with the 3.0L. More torque and potential.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 07/19/06 10:21 PM
Robert, the 2.5 SVT was the ideal swap years back before people discovered the 3L. Remember Mudi's black Cougar from the meets? That has a 3L swap.

Greg
Posted By: Swazo Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 07/20/06 03:35 AM
Originally posted by TheFordGuy:
Robert, the 2.5 SVT was the ideal swap years back before people discovered the 3L. Remember Mudi's black Cougar from the meets? That has a 3L swap.

Greg

And then some
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 07/20/06 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Swazo:
Originally posted by TheFordGuy:

Greg

And then some

Indeed

Greg
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Who wants to see my kitty? - 07/29/06 05:23 AM
Its street legal. Ive put about 20 miles on it so far. Still needs to be aligned but the tires that are on it are meh so I dont really care much.

It feels like a long lost bike that I havent ridden in forever. I still know how and I know what to expect out of it, but its new all over again.
© CEG Archives