Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Even though I'm a troll (Yikes, I've joined the ranks of Scot, Derek, Chris, Colter.....) I'm still posting every chance I get.

I am looking at a few pretty cool sources of info as of late for my next "budget" project

Click
clicky

chris is THE one to talk to for that project. I am also way interested in said project! but I have no money right now.
Frickin Troll!!

Uh, crap. I'm a Troll too now.

Oh well.

I yearn for a project car too.
I'm coming up on time here where I might be able to start work on the Volvo but I just don't know if I should while it is under warranty.
Welcome to the dark side. Check out www.clublexus.com . Just about everything you need will be there. There are a few motor options you can take.

I have a full 2JZ front clip from an Aristo down at ADC that I am transplanting into my 1st gen GS300. 4 doors, rear wheel drive, reliable, easy to work on and 400 rwhp without breaking a sweat. Let me know when you are ready to discuss.
Oh stop it Chris! Your projects piss me off sometimes

Greg
Will do Chris, I'm sure you've already done your homework and then some! I've been reading up as much as I can, and there is more I want to learn before I pester you with common/newbie/FNG questions
For you Swazo newb questions are not an issue. I've done PLENTY of reading on the subject.

I just pulled my motor from the front clip today. The motor is solid across the board, unfortunately the turbos are toast. No warranty on those. I have a manifold to go single anyway so this justifies it. I'm thinking of going with a smaller 60-1 for street power.
I am a newb!!!!

Southwest is dead...everyone is selling their contours...I am even thinking about it sometimes. ALthough I do want to get it tuned to see what power it makes before I let it go.
Your second "clicky" got me thinking about your next project Swazo and here it is:

get yourself a Mitsubishi Expo + (1)4G63 + matching 5 spd gearbox= SLEEPER
All these damn trolls!
Yeah

Car Enthusist Group
I'm trollin' it AND I'm moving from the Southwest...

Still here. But the Contour, it frustrates me! Wanting to get a new car.
Are the Contour issues reliablility or availability of go fast 'stuff'? Or is it just the engineered obsolescence thing where the manufacturer stops making parts 5-7 years after the cars production stopped? I'm curious because I spend a lot of time on the road in Phoenix everyday (50 mi one way to work) and I've noticed how fast the original body Focus' are going away, and yet how many Contours I still see. I happen to know two SVTC's (both my sons) pretty well, I like them and think highly of the design and the drivetrain. I am really curious why the CEG in the Phoenix area is not buzzing with activity. We get 3 SVTC's out pretty regularly to the Dezert Focus G2G's, and other Contours (2-3 different ones) that occasionally show for our driving events (not had any complaints about these either......).

I apologize in advance for the lack of entries lately, the Dezert Focus group hasn't met since May and nearly all of them are going to Focus on the Beach this weekend so everyone has been distracted while getting their cars ready. The board is actually pretty funny watching all the last minute pleas for help. Like people trying to get front and rear bumpers painted with 7 days left.....

My youngest son just got back from Germany with his '98 SVTC, so bringing our family numbers in the valley back up to 2 SVTC's and 1 SVTF, and I always have the LS V8 as a back up as well (soon to get a front BBK). I can assure you we're 'in' for activities and G2G's.

Not cheap, but the latest project (sorry about the photo, it would seem I could chose from huge or ridiculously tiny):

Those are Voxx wheels with Pirelli Pzero Rosso 255/40-18's, and next going for 14" 6 pot BBK if TCE can work the LS's configuration. After that plans are for 1-1.5" lowering and a Borla......
hey Rode... I think Nathan's CSVT is the only one I've seen in last 6-8 months
will you keep me informed of the big brake package when you get more info - im interested
Originally posted by morbid:
hey Rode... I think Nathan's CSVT is the only one I've seen in last 6-8 months

Ditto!

Greg
Another one has returned from 3 years in Germany. We went out and picked it up friday from Long Beach. 'Dora' is a '98 SVTC with 66K miles, and with some recent cosmetic work done by a German Ford dealer (now that's how a dealer is supposed to behave) is quite a nice looking car. It's silver and has the 17" SVTF wheels. Ran quite well coming back out to Phoenix, considering the heat, with only one brief heating incident (easily controlled after the AC was switched off) climbing those hilly bits. Pretty nice car that'll be in the area (largely in Prescott) for at least a couple years and will hopefully be seen at some future events.
cool! Looking forward to seeing it the next time I can get my car out

I'll have a big list of mods completed soon. Still prepping for the next NFS run!
I have seen 3 svtcs in north phx in one day. Although one of them was mine. Plus one of my neibors has a black 98. So seeing two svtc in 1 day isn't very hard for me.
© CEG Archives