Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Horse_dup1 going in. . . - 05/11/06 06:30 AM
tomorrow I begin the hunt for my diamond. I have been dating Laura for 4 months and known her for 2 years now. We celebrate the 20th of each month and for this upcoming celebration I plan on being prepared to propose.

Im very nervous about it because I have so little time to get a few things purchased. The great thing is im not really nervous about actually asking her.

I have a great idea for the actual popping of the question but im not tipping my hat just yet in case plans change.

wish me luck!

(PS for tay:
Taylor - Im looking at a 14K YG (harder?) tension set of a prob .5-.75C,VVS-2/VS1,ideal/class 1,F-G solitaire.
good/bad? Price neighborhood is around $2K . . .)
Posted By: Stazi Re: going in. . . - 05/11/06 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Horse:
tomorrow I begin the hunt for my diamond. I have been dating Laura for 4 months and known her for 2 years now. We celebrate the 20th of each month and for this upcoming celebration I plan on being prepared to propose.

Im very nervous about it because I have so little time to get a few things purchased. The great thing is im not really nervous about actually asking her.

I have a great idea for the actual popping of the question but im not tipping my hat just yet in case plans change.

wish me luck!

(PS for tay:
Taylor - Im looking at a 14K YG (harder?) tension set of a prob .5-.75C,VVS-2/VS1,ideal/class 1,F-G solitaire.
good/bad? Price neighborhood is around $2K . . .)

Good luck bro - too bad you are not in MI as there is this building where all the diamond distributors of MI are. You can go to this polace and walk around from distributor to disributor, and pick which ever joint has what you want and buy direct whatever diamond in whatever setting you want for 1/2 the price you pay at good old "JBR", "Zales", and those other chain stores etc, because they sell the same stuff from these distributors, just with their huge mark-up on top. I bought my wife a setting that I paid $4500 for and it is valued at $10k.
Posted By: stilov Re: going in. . . - 05/11/06 02:38 PM
check the pm sucker!!!
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/11/06 05:48 PM
congrats Scot!
Posted By: Swazo Re: going in. . . - 05/11/06 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Pinebox:
congrats Scot!

+1

I'd offer out the gag cake topper to you, but it's have to be the Groom dragging the Bride away
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/12/06 03:55 PM
Congrats Scot!

So are you going to register for Volvo parts for your other love?
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/12/06 07:04 PM
ha ha
no - but I DID think about registering for a PS3 . . .

Any Takers?
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/14/06 06:26 AM
ok

Progress:

Ring Purchased
Plans Made

I now NEED a romantic semi-alone place to eat our fine dinner and make the biggest jump of my life!

Any good restaurants? suggestions are very encouraged! (price for dinner not terribly important - what IS important is that they would be able to give her a dessert that I plan on bringing IE they will work with me)
Posted By: Swazo Re: going in. . . - 05/14/06 03:05 PM
I HIGHLY recommend....

#1-
La Caille (La KUH-EYE)
9565 Wasatch Blvd
Sandy, UT 84092-6099
(801) 942-1751

La Caille exudes romance, with its winding brick drive, sweeping staircase, manicured gardens, rolling vineyards, a valet service.... and you cannot beat the filet mingon (SP?)IMO! I hate sea food, but they have top notch sea food from what I hear. Their desserts are TOP NOTCH (Bomb a$$ed gigantic chocolate dipped strawberries that are the size of midget fists!

"The menu features French classics alongside contemporary creations--all exceedingly expensive. For appetizers, the escargots in herbed butter sauce are tender and delicious; oysters Rockefeller are plump and rich; and foie gras is flavorful, but could be silkier. Standout entrees include plump diver scallops balanced by a buttery white-wine sauce, and tender steak au poivre. Ahi tuna is beautifully prepared: served rare, wrapped in nori, with piquant wasabi and coated with a crispy tempura crust. The trio of lobster tails infused with a subtle flavor of herbed olive oil can be overcooked and dry. Desserts are traditional and satisfying. "

It is a tad expensive, but if you want to do it right.... this IS the place to do it at.

#2-
Many places on Main Street in Park City. The 350 Main Brasserie, Chimayo, Wahso, Grappa and the Olive Barrel are all very good. Grappa is my favorite Itallian spot in Park City.
There is much to do and see in PC, and it is a nice location for what you're set out to do.
Posted By: muntus Re: going in. . . - 05/14/06 07:29 PM
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
I HIGHLY recommend....

#1-
La Caille (La KUH-EYE)
9565 Wasatch Blvd
Sandy, UT 84092-6099
(801) 942-1751

La Caille exudes romance, with its winding brick drive, sweeping staircase, manicured gardens, rolling vineyards, a valet service.... and you cannot beat the filet mingon (SP?)IMO! I hate sea food, but they have top notch sea food from what I hear. Their desserts are TOP NOTCH (Bomb a$$ed gigantic chocolate dipped strawberries that are the size of midget fists!

"The menu features French classics alongside contemporary creations--all exceedingly expensive. For appetizers, the escargots in herbed butter sauce are tender and delicious; oysters Rockefeller are plump and rich; and foie gras is flavorful, but could be silkier. Standout entrees include plump diver scallops balanced by a buttery white-wine sauce, and tender steak au poivre. Ahi tuna is beautifully prepared: served rare, wrapped in nori, with piquant wasabi and coated with a crispy tempura crust. The trio of lobster tails infused with a subtle flavor of herbed olive oil can be overcooked and dry. Desserts are traditional and satisfying. "

It is a tad expensive, but if you want to do it right.... this IS the place to do it at.

#2-
Many places on Main Street in Park City. The 350 Main Brasserie, Chimayo, Wahso, Grappa and the Olive Barrel are all very good. Grappa is my favorite Itallian spot in Park City.
There is much to do and see in PC, and it is a nice location for what you're set out to do.

Just don't be caught staring at the waitresses outfits at La Caille or you'll be in trouble!
Posted By: Swazo Re: going in. . . - 05/14/06 08:24 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about them. They're pushed up and in your face, yet another plus I was caught trailing off mid-sentence and taking in the passing sceenery one time I've learned that isn't a good thing to do on a date.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/14/06 10:45 PM
good suggestions so far guys - i know she loves park city - so maybe I should go there . . .

Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/16/06 05:41 AM
I think ill be going to the Blue Boar Inn.

Its in midway, and from there we can go to PC or SLC for desert, with some "icing"
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/20/06 11:31 PM
T minus 3 hours till dinner and the biggest decision of my life guys - thanks for the help and the pointers!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: going in. . . - 05/21/06 11:33 PM
well how did it go? good news?
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/22/06 02:42 AM
amen brotha - great news!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: going in. . . - 05/22/06 01:12 PM
Congrats, Scot.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/22/06 05:06 PM
thanks guys!

Its so weird to think I have a fiance -

I just never figured I would say that
Posted By: Swazo Re: going in. . . - 05/22/06 05:44 PM
Good on ya Scot
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/23/06 01:03 AM
I like good news.

Any plans for the next big day or are you two going to take your time?
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/23/06 02:56 PM
no - we need to make them soon though. We are both thinking august - prob late august, since we both graduate then and her family would be in town for that anyway.
Posted By: ElKy Re: going in. . . - 05/24/06 04:15 PM
dang i thought that when me and my fiance decided in april to have our wedding in august was pushing it, but starting the planning in may for an august wedding!
good luck!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: going in. . . - 05/24/06 07:02 PM
You LDS folk don't screw aroud...

Ashley & I have been dating for 5+ years, and will have been engaged for just over a year when we get married on Sept. 30th.
Posted By: Swazo Re: going in. . . - 05/24/06 07:11 PM
LMAO!

Welcome to Utah
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 05/25/06 02:09 PM

well - we figured we both want to get married - why wait?

derek - your getting married on the 30th - sweet!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: going in. . . - 05/25/06 02:41 PM
Yeah, we're getting really excited about the wedding. The planning is coming along nicely, and things are going more or less very smoothly. I about choked at the cake store when they told me it was $7 per slice (not to mention the $1.50 "cake cutting fee" that the reception site charges to...cut the cake). Ashley's mom thought we should go with that extortion cake, but we settled on a much more reasonable - and very tasty - $2.50 per slice cake.

This wedding industry is really walking that line of criminal vs. cost/demand. Yikes!

Anyway, Scot, if you're both graduating, why wait? I agree. We essentially set the date so far in advance so I could graduate proir to getting married.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: going in. . . - 05/25/06 08:13 PM
Congrads to all ! It will be 3 years this June for me. I turn 25 on Monday, guess its time to really grow up. 1/3 life is over, dang it went fast ! -B.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: going in. . . - 05/26/06 01:25 AM
Don't say it like that! Just say you've reached the 1/4 century mark

Greg
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: going in. . . - 06/01/06 10:03 PM
How's the wedding planning going?
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: going in. . . - 06/02/06 12:26 AM
ha ha - well -
suprisingly we are getting right along.

place= booked
reception= booked
cake = booked
dress = purchased
brides maids dresses = picked
flowers = decided
wisconsin stuff = done

A Lot already done - I think we are realistically 1/2 way there. We have a meeting with a photog next tues at 6PM
© CEG Archives