Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Rodewaryer Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/12/06 01:26 PM
It didn't take long for Dezert Focus to decide on the 15th of April then and since I'm not a morning person can we start around 3 pm? My place (PM me for directions or someone that knows how to attach a map, PM me for that address) and anyone needing anything fairly unique for tools please ask around or check with me as I have adequate but not extensive tools. One good Jack, 4 jackstands and a fair selection of general tools. So, bring stuff if you know several of you need your car in the air for something etc. I make no brags about technical knowledge, I have some brake, aerodynamics and lighting experience. Otherwise my expertise is only general. One Contour so far and more encouraged. My place is in a typical tract home environment, however there is an entire block across the street from me that's a park, so no other homes......

List so far:

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15 (Can't_Drive_55)
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/15/06 10:44 AM
Several are showing just because this is a G2G, so it's open ended....

More names....

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor
Engineear
Posted By: sk8token Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/22/06 08:07 AM
Hi, greetings from Tucson!

Here's a dumb question, but what exactly is team tech day... a day to get together and work on cars?

My 96 is approaching 150K miles and is always in need of some form of repair/mod. Currently I'm trying to get ahold of a Koni sport suspension kit. The stock suspension has degraded badly (it's all original except the lower control arms). I realize a full suspension replacement is probably way overkill, but just curious what's goin on over there?

Thanks,

Tim
Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/22/06 11:08 AM
Indeed, it's a day for working on cars but more along the lines of CAI's, lights, speakers, wings, etc, sometimes we get guys doing things like headers. But keep in mind it's meant for the kinds of things a person could use advice on, since quite a few 'car people' should be there. My son did the full lowering set up (H&R) on his Contour so might be able to give some advice on your situation. If it's basic replacement of parts we might be able to manage but I'm not sure on springs (I don't have spring compressors or clamps) as far as what's needed. It would be something you'd want to start on right away if it were to be attempted, not late in the session....

The list gained a couple:

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor
Engineear
OskarSVTee

And a map can be found on the Focaljet on this thread:

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-focaljet-dezert-focus/503970-phoenix-team-tech-day-15-apr.html

Posted By: azbobbybooshay10 Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/22/06 01:38 PM
For those who don't have a FocalJet account, here's the map inlined.

I've never gone to one of the tech days for FocalJet, but I have been to a few for the 240 group I was in with my old S13. I can probably help with little basic things, nothing too terribly technical. If you want to come up to the valley for this, you're more than welcome to.
Posted By: sk8token Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/22/06 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info. Ya, a suspension swap I think is going to be a little too involved. With the way those things sometimes go, I wouldn't want to get in a situation where someone has to store my car overnight because it's not finished, taking up space at their house, etc. That just wouldn't be cool.

If I can make it up, though there are plenty of other little things I could do to the car and still come hang out.

Thanks again guys. Hope I can make it!
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/22/06 11:35 PM
Hey greetings from Tucson! Don't recall ever seeing you here

Greg
Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/26/06 11:16 AM
The street I'm on is NOT "west williams drive", the map is labeled wrong and that name belongs further up and to the right...... pay it no attention. The star is correct however and if you just follow 33rd drive up as it bends left it will lead you where you need to be. Anyone wanting the street address PM me.

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor
Engineear
OskarSVTee
sk8token
Posted By: sk8token Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/29/06 03:20 AM
Whoops... sorry Greg I missed your post somehow.

Ya, I don't loiter around the southwest forum too often, so it doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen me.

It's taken me about 3 years to morph a stock white 96 GL Tour into what basically looks like a stock white 96 SE Tour haha

Once Koni Kitted she should look a little more seperated from the crowd, but at this point it would take a careful eye to notice this CEG'r rollin around the streets of tucson.

So you have an SVT? I wonder if I've ever pointed to your car during the many times I've told my girlfriend/now wife "hey, look at the SVT", at which time she replies.. "oh ya, that's nice".

Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/29/06 09:27 PM
Originally posted by sk8token:
Whoops... sorry Greg I missed your post somehow.

Ya, I don't loiter around the southwest forum too often, so it doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen me.

It's taken me about 3 years to morph a stock white 96 GL Tour into what basically looks like a stock white 96 SE Tour haha

Once Koni Kitted she should look a little more seperated from the crowd, but at this point it would take a careful eye to notice this CEG'r rollin around the streets of tucson.

So you have an SVT? I wonder if I've ever pointed to your car during the many times I've told my girlfriend/now wife "hey, look at the SVT", at which time she replies.. "oh ya, that's nice".

Eh, I'm not around here much either I'm mostly on NECO since I mod for the AZ chapter.

I don't see too many white tours around. Is there anything else done to yours aside from the SE look? Are you planning on doing the Konis during the tech day?

Yes, I have an SVT. On my second one, actually. First one was the T-red one, followed by its replacement was the turbo Silver Frost one. I'm sure you've seen both at some point.

Greg
Posted By: sk8token Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 03/30/06 12:35 AM
LOL... turbo SVT, huh... I just remembered something. I went into an Autozone here in Tucson, maybe a year ago or so, and they were calling up a part for me... the parts counter guy was probly around 18 or so.. was telling me about a turbo'd Contour that just beat the pants off one of his friends cars recently. Said that they chatted with the contour driver afterward and that he was cool and the car was awesome... hmmmm might that have been you? I can't remember what kind of car they had, maybe a modded civic or something. Of course this was at the track they said LOL that would be too hilarious if that was you.

Ya, from the outside (or inside really for that matter) you can't really tell any mods on my car besides the fact that it's a GL with SE skirts and SE wheels. I put a mystique gauge cluster in it for the tach, but that's a very subtle mod to say the least.

It's basically been the point A to point B car that my wife primarily drives.

As for the Koni Kit.. I don't think Im going to spoil the tech day fun with that kind of project. I don't think it would be very fair. Wouldn't want my car to become immobile and have to take up space at someone elses house if it unexpectedly needed parts, etc.

I am going to try to put that kit on here in Tucson. Ya, feel free to swing by if you want to lend a hand A friend of mine will be letting me use his garage and he's going to try to help me out with it. There will be much beer involved.

Posted By: morbid Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/02/06 05:27 AM
You mentioned before that this guy has a fast turbo focus, right? Is it white/silver (couldn't tell) with a carbonfiber hood? If so I raced him at speedworld last night, and I got spanked hard. He ran a 13.7 @ 101mph.... I won't say what I got though My car has some performance issues right now (.2 slower after headers, high flow cat, and xcal2 tune) and I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong. I'm hoping to go again in another 2-3 weeks to see if I fixed it.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/03/06 07:16 AM
Originally posted by morbid:
You mentioned before that this guy has a fast turbo focus, right? Is it white/silver (couldn't tell) with a carbonfiber hood? If so I raced him at speedworld last night, and I got spanked hard. He ran a 13.7 @ 101mph.... I won't say what I got though My car has some performance issues right now (.2 slower after headers, high flow cat, and xcal2 tune) and I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong. I'm hoping to go again in another 2-3 weeks to see if I fixed it.

I ran that same Focus down here a long time ago at SIR. Got spanked as well! Had no idea, since he was behind me in the staging lanes. I was either in my old SVT, or the Cougar, can't recall...

Greg
Posted By: morbid Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/03/06 04:51 PM
heheh... I knew I was done for when I saw he was wearing a helmet (faster than 14.0).
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/03/06 10:26 PM
I failed to see that part! He walked up and asked if I wanted to run, but the helmet must have remained in the car

Greg
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/03/06 10:32 PM
It was Casper's old Focus from Focaljet. I don't know who has it now.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/03/06 10:50 PM
Yes it was, forgot the name. Thanks Chris!

Greg
Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/09/06 10:32 AM
The current quick Focus at the drag strips is tparker on the Focaljet. CasperSE+ used to have a white SEDAN that ran numbers like that but it was all one color, it was a turbo and has since gone the way of the Dodo (well I think it's still alive but been stripped of anything interesting, including the turbo kit) and he runs a new body Mustang now. Tparkers car is white ZX3 HATCHBACK, gutted and has a CF hood (not painted) those numbers while possible it's someone else, are pretty much right on with what he runs. I believe 103 mph is more like what I see posted, not sure on the time though, somewhere in the 13's. His is supercharged however, not turbocharged. That car has a real nicely put together engine, and seems pretty reliable with the times he's been running.......

Mines slow and broke all the time....go figure. It's called the SVTF curse.

Oh yeah, and the current list of attendees for the tech day (more like Team Tinker day) has changed from what was last posted here:

Rodewaryer - DSI Clip (mod)
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci - electrical help Rep?
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor - Lights, corner markers
Engineear
OskarSVTee
IAnimal
TheFordGuy
AwiperlessAlero - wiper motor or wiring
azbobbybooshay10 - Radio test, window switch, poss tail ------light replacement, possible oil change
Darkhorse
fm-corey
tymeks
stockfoci - Lugnuts, foglight/bumper wiring, tailpipe bob (good luck)
lil_silver_rocket - Plugs, fuel filter, exhaust rattle
Posted By: morbid Re: Phoenix Team Tech Day 15 Apr - 04/10/06 05:46 AM
Yep.. that sounds like tparker then.

How long do you expect to have people over? I'd like to drop by, but it's easier for me to get out later.
© CEG Archives