Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/01/06 05:07 AM
Does anyone know of some auto-friendly commercial properties that are reasonable?

I've found a 2 bay shop in West Valley that's cheap ($250ish per month w/ 6 month lease), but it has grimey neighbors and what not.
I've also found a shop that's a single bay, but 1000 sq ft for a almost twice as much, but in a decent part of Murray.

I'd go north of south to find a sweet, well priced shop! Any ideas?

Posted By: stilov Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/01/06 07:30 AM
well I know the place next to my uncle is open. NOt sure how much...there have been some shops in there...4x4 shop, mechanic etc...i could find out.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/01/06 07:33 AM
I'd love to keep my space but I dont use it enough to need the kind of square footage it has, or the $750/mo rent. Luckily, right now it is free for me until its rented.

It does have a paint booth, and it has a tittah bar as one of its neighbors.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/01/06 04:33 PM
Find out when you get a chance, Taylor.

Jon, I would be taking too many breaks if I got into that shop
I'm tempted though since it has a paint booth, but that is a little more than I was planning on spending How big is it? Think they'd do a short term lease like for 2-3 months for $500 a month? (I'd give you access/space if so for setting something like that up )
Posted By: Swazo Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/02/06 05:29 AM
Well, I stopped by the "shady" spot and talked to some of the people that rent there and the managment a bit. As slummy as it does very much seem, the people there seem pretty cool and are long term tenants.

The shops are heated, 3 phase power, water w/ floor drain, supplied air (not that I'd need it) and some other stuff I'm forgetting. The best part is it's basicly next door to where my storage unit is, so it'd make the move a piece of cake.

How can I beat that for $200 and change a month!?
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/02/06 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Swazo:
How can I beat that for $200 and change a month!?

And not having to drive to Ogden every time you want to work on your car.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/02/06 07:41 AM
No kidding, I was picturing hellish nights balled up in my Impala's trunk curled up to "stinky" (my lucky 9/16 wrench that comes in handy with the Imp )
Posted By: Swazo Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/09/06 07:29 AM
Welp, I was cruisin around to put on some milage and rolled by these shops tonight.

I'm taking my police buddy by there tomorrow, because either there are a ton of cats wizzing EVERYWHERE...... or it's meth lab central! Not sure this is such a great place
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/10/06 07:29 AM
Maybe curling up with Stinky isnt such a bad idea.

...but that brings the titty bar back into the picture.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/10/06 11:36 PM
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
Welp, I was cruisin around to put on some milage and rolled by these shops tonight.

I'm taking my police buddy by there tomorrow, because either there are a ton of cats wizzing EVERYWHERE...... or it's meth lab central! Not sure this is such a great place

deff do this - you dont need to finish the impala only to have it stolen again
Posted By: Swazo Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/11/06 06:49 AM
We went around tonight to catch them as off guard as we could, and it seems pretty decent. There were a ton of nasty cats that were roadkill worthy, but no meth labs that we could find. The sight of a uniformed Salt Lake County Sheriff with marked car didn't surprise anyone in the least, so that made me feel a ton better.

Yes, we chatted with EVERYONE there, and eyeballed everything that was going on in their shops. I feel perfectly fine moving into a shop there now! Just parttime grease monkeys and one Honduh performance shop. M'eh.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Shop Space for lease or rent? - 03/12/06 01:14 AM
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
We went around tonight to catch them as off guard as we could, and it seems pretty decent. There were a ton of nasty cats that were roadkill worthy, but no meth labs that we could find. The sight of a uniformed Salt Lake County Sheriff with marked car didn't surprise anyone in the least, so that made me feel a ton better.

Yes, we chatted with EVERYONE there, and eyeballed everything that was going on in their shops. I feel perfectly fine moving into a shop there now! Just parttime grease monkeys and one Honduh performance shop. M'eh.

just dont roll swazo past the honda boyz

at least until you get your tune . . .
© CEG Archives