Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/04/06 06:40 PM
What do you all think of these wheels for my car? Which would YOU pick? Personally, I like them all for different reasons even though they gererally have the same look I'm going for.

Knock offs of the Racing Hart C5's, so I love them for the price

I really like these because of the deeper lip...

The largest these come in are 17, but I really like these too

I like the spider like look to these wheels for some reason...
Posted By: stilov Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/04/06 07:08 PM
Are you only looking at wheel max??

Wheel are tough because there are so many that are so similar.
I likey the first ones, I think they would look pretty sweet on your ride, actually they look pretty similar to the ones in your pics. I not that big a fan of too many spokes on wheels(too much effort when cleaning).
Posted By: Swazo Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/04/06 07:53 PM
I like the prices @ wheel max, but I'm not set on buying only from them. I am also planning on getting prices from your buddy's Big-Oand other places. For the price of a "nice" set from a name brand + so-so tires, I could get a nice set of off brand wheels + good tires AND get new koni or blistien struts AND some brake upgrades.

Yes, the Racing Hart knock offs look just like the real Racing Hart C5's that I sold last year. Though, these aren't $1500 and they are gunmetal rather than silver
The multispoke wheels aren't as bad to clean like my '64 Impala's wire wheels
Posted By: Swazo Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/04/06 08:06 PM
I do have to say that I really like the 2nd choice the most. The width and the offset is choice for 235's, and I love the cabbage cutter look with the fat a$$ed lip
Posted By: stilov Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/04/06 09:19 PM
well the wheels that i had on the IS...sold on ebay for 1300 for wheels onlt and I paid 1100 for the same wheels w/tires.

The Enkei's I had I think if you shop around...you can find them for just shy of 200 a wheel...like 195 or 198, so 800 for wheels...I paid 900 for wheels and tires

That is with lugs/locks/ center caps, balanced installed, and everything. I know of the Enkei's they charge like 15/ a cap.

Pretty much you find the wheels you want and he will get it for you.
Originally posted by Swazo:
I do have to say that I really like the 2nd choice the most. The width and the offset is choice for 235's, and I love the cabbage cutter look with the fat a$$ed lip

Oh no, I was going to say anything but the 2nd ones, lol! Im really not a fan of that wheel design, in any brand.

Number 3 is by far my fav., and I was looking at those personally until Stazi's wheels came up.

I like 1 better than 4, but you have already had 1 (basically) so I guess that makes 4 my second choice by default.
your RH wheels were soo good looking - I say go with those.
Posted By: stilov Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/07/06 02:37 AM
I really like the ADR M sport's in hyper black. Not sure of the weight though...although I am sure you can afford to add some weight to the wheels...it might actually help!!!

I don't know if they come in our bolt pattern, but ADR's seem to IIRC.
datz real nice
I like those too!

With all your power, you could probably go big pimpin' like Stazi and get 19s. Not like the weight will hurt you

You MUST get at least 18s though!

thinking heavy 18's will help with traction

if you don't mind spending a few bucks check out 6061 Forged 19's @ 18.5lbs....custom machined with the bolt pattern & hub bore.

I'm looking into getting a set of 19's from them this spring. That is unless some other expence comes up.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/07/06 03:14 PM
Nice find Dave!

These mesh style 19's are only 16.5 lbs! I can even order them with my beloved gunmetal w/ polished lip look
Posted By: Swazo Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/07/06 03:17 PM
18's or 19's seem like a must now when the time comes. I'm likely going to just get a good set of all-seasons on my E0's for now until I upgrade my suspension and brakes. I'd like to HAVE to jump up in wheel size because of brakes

Todd @ TCE has a 14+" front brake kit for our cars, but IIRC only 19-20's will clear them
just make sure you get some sticky tires. Toyo TR1's are what I'm looking at.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/08/06 01:17 AM
I like #3 and #4 from the original line up. I also like Taylor's recommendation and Dave's 5 spokers...
Posted By: Swazo Re: Thought on these wheels for my car.... - 02/08/06 02:22 AM
Since I plan on keeping this car, I'm going to hold out and get some nice light weight 19's this summer. Until then, I'm just going to get some good struts so I can install my H&R springs and upgrade the brakes.... and install my other goodies that I already have waiting.

I'm leasing a decent sized shop specificly to go all out on my Impala's restoration, and other projects for myself and for profit
Originally posted by Swazo:

I'm leasing a decent sized shop specificly to go all out on my Impala's restoration, and other projects for myself and for profit

do you need an intern for the summer?

Third and last ones. Maj and Radius.....if they don't come in your bolt pattern no worries they can be machined to work if you like the wheels enough.

These on my son's SVTC didn't come in the right pattern, but he made them work through the local machine shop.....:-)

© CEG Archives