Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Sorry, this one was kind of last minute. If anyone would like to drop by we'll be meeting at the Rural In n Out near the 202 (pretty much right at the 202)......9 pm

"Ok I know it is way late but lets see what we can do. In N Out at Rural/Scottsdale Blvd and the 202. South side of the 202 next to ASU. And we could do a Canyon run later on. Since Massive just went maybe he can lead. Lets say the usual time 9pm. See you all there."

Be advised it's on Rural, east side pretty much at the intersection of Rural (202 signs will say Scottdale road) and the 202. Looks like they're going to try for a Canyon Lake run after for anyone that's interested.
i wish i could come, my car looks like [censored] right now and its 850. maybe next time with proper warning.
Yeah these guys are like this most times, no foresight and then last minute they make up their minds to do something. I posted this the minute I found out. Better that, than not knowing at all. Still, there were probably at least 12 cars, and most went out to Canyon Lake.

They need an alternate and I'll probably step up and offer my favorite 'nearby' driving road, they're going to get tagged out there on Canyon Lake road if they keep going to the same place, not hard to remember that a bunch of Foci go blazing through on friday nights, late....

My car will be running soon, keep me in the loop on future G2G's!

BTW, AZ NECO is going to SIR in Tucson on March 17. Any of you CEG or even Focus guys are welcome to join us!
what is this SIR?
Southwestern International Raceway, basically a ghetto Firebird down in Tucson. If you wanna go, let me know and we'll both cruise down together so I can show you how to get there.
sounds good, i will definately try to be there. doubt il give the 1/4 a go tho, id prob blow my tranny lol.
I hear you about not wanting to run for fear of breaking the car. I used to set up Need for Speed runs (mountain drives, probably not anymore though) and what with my 100 mile per day work commute, the car's been broke a lot and not one I can count on. Like it plenty well and have too much in it to move on to something else.....wouldn't matter much, the stuff that doesn't break down is so boring I'll take my current situation, thank you very much.....
hrm... Looks like March 17th is a friday. Do you know what time the meet is... or when you think you'll be taking off? Also, do you know how late SIR is open until? Not sure I'd be up for a Tucson drive.... but still trying to decide
if a couple more contours go i would prob be more likely to join. by then i might have a trubendz on.
I'd like to join in on the fun, but it's prob. very unlikely because I'm in school every night till 8:15ish...
Originally posted by morbid:
hrm... Looks like March 17th is a friday. Do you know what time the meet is... or when you think you'll be taking off? Also, do you know how late SIR is open until? Not sure I'd be up for a Tucson drive.... but still trying to decide

Well the track opens at 4pm, and goes until around 11 or 12 or so (I'm not 100% sure). I've already asked for the day off, I'll probably cruise down around 2-ish. I may make a sidetrip to visit my mom and sister for a few minutes, I'm not sure.

Let me know those of you that are interested, so I have an idea on how many we might get down there. If you can, send an email to Arizona_NECO@cox.net, and I'll put together an email list to send updates to everyone planning to go.

Also, anyone in Phoenix that wants to cruise down with me let me know. I don't mind a little side track into Chandler or something to meet up with someone.
This thread has become something different. Anyway, I've posted this SIR event on the Focus forum (Focaljet) so there may be some interest generated there. I'll post more here.....
© CEG Archives